Dividing it by 0! XDDDDD
Meah
Why I cannot multiply by 0
Ender Lain
ahem.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero

but out of it, 0!=1

:th0nk1ng:
Rifdi
0! = 1 has a whole different explanation regarding the set of rules for factorial functions.
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

Say you want to cut a cake for 0 people
How would you cut the cake?
Dividing it by 0! XDDDDD
You're gonna make me sad stop :(
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

Oh, I'm really sorry :(
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

Oh, I'm really sorry :(
Look im sad now :(
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

I apologise, this should lighten up the mood a little bit hoepfully.

Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

I apologise, this should lighten up the mood a little bit hoepfully.

Thanks dad.
Imma hang the clothes now
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

Thanks dad.
I don't think that's what you're supposed to do with it

You're welcome son! :)
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

Thanks dad.
I don't think that's what you're supposed to do with it

You're welcome son! :)
Keeping it legal dad! :)
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

What do you mean? I think we can hang on the ceiling together. After all, it's a family rope! Otherwise, what's the point on having a family if you can't even hang out together to enjoy life :)
abraker
As a workaround, take the limit of the thing you are trying to divide the thing by 0 and divide it by x as x approaches 0
kai99
yea then if the numerator is a rational number
since the denominator is approaching zero it'll be positive or negative infintiy depending on the sign of the numerator
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

What do you mean? I think we can hang on the ceiling together. After all, it's a family rope! Otherwise, what's the point on having a family if you can't even hang out together to enjoy life :)
Did u just
Wow
Im speechless dad
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

As a workaround, take the limit of the thing you are trying to divide the thing by 0 and divide it by x as x approaches 0
The limit, as the number of people I'm dividing cake for approaches zero, the number of slices approaches...
johnmedina999
LOL
Blitz has a point, if we are taking the cake example, you can't do limits, this is a real life scenario.
Rifdi

johnmedina999 wrote:

LOL
Blitz has a point, if we are taking the cake example, you can't do limits, this is a real life scenario.
Yeah thats the fastest way to answer it, for more proof and whatnot youtube has some videos for that
kai99
but the cake is a lie
kai99

Blitzfrog wrote:

abraker wrote:

The limit, as the number of people I'm dividing cake for approaches zero, the number of slices approaches...
cake goes to infinity
Tae
Serraionga

kai99 wrote:

but the cake is a lie
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

cake goes to infinity
I just found to never run out of cakes
Softwarm
Wait, wouldn't you eventually end up with a cake that's untouched? Like, at the limit there won't be any people to give the cake to... (I don't think this is a very good analogy for why you can't divide by 0.)
abraker

Blitzfrog wrote:

abraker wrote:

The old fashioned notion of dividing a whole slice for N people is not going to do us good in this, we need to break the problem down to its core. When you are slicing a cake, you are taking and series of angles of a circles in parts and distributing them one by one. The procedure is the following: You take the whole 360 deg angle and divide it by the number of people you want to give it to, then you trace that much from the starting point around it, and give that much you traced to the first person. Then repeat until you got no cake left. So consider this:

You have 2pi of cake and need to divide it by one person. Ok: (2/pi)/1 = 2/pi, a whole cake. Here you go one person!

What about half a person? (2/pi)/0.5 = 4/pi or 2 wholes. Right? Wrong! You just go around once, and obviously the rest doesn't matter since you traced the whole, but for the sake of math we will trace a full circle again. The whole cake has been traced around anyway and the half person gets the full cake

What about a third of a person? Same you just go around and stop where you went around already, effectively making no difference.

What about Infinity? Same no difference. Whole cake.

Does this work for 2 people, you, a skeptical reader might be now wondering, now concerned about the nonsense I wrote. Well yes, idiot reader, it does work. Here is how: (2/pi)/2 = pi or half of a whole. So you give the traced amount to the first person and continue tracing (2/pi)/2 for the second person. Another half!

And so, quod erat demonstrandum

Edit: What happens if you try dividing by infinity:

Rifdi
Can someone summarize the thread
kai99
my god
why would you have 2pi of a cake tho
Rifdi
Well assuming its a regular cylindrical cake
It should have 2pi*r^2*h of edible volume available.
abraker

Rifdi wrote:

3D is irrelevant when cutting the cake because of the subsection nature of the cut. If you have a 4D knife and cake on the other hand, then would play a role.

kai99 wrote:

my god
Why not?
Rifdi
This thread is a fathom away from plunging into the abyss of mathematics, I would like to execute a strategical retreat.
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
how did it get this complicated
I thought the answer was () (you divided the 0 in the middle and it splited into () )
Rifdi
Now that's what I call being tactful
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

Did u just
Wow
Im speechless dad
I'm sorry I can't take this anymore, I need to tell you the truth.
You, my son, are adopted.
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

Did u just
Wow
Im speechless dad
I'm sorry I can't take this anymore, I need to tell you the truth.
You, my son, are adopted.
*cries in 1x100*
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

*cries in 1x100*
ColdTooth
ill have one planck length of cake
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

3D is irrelevant when cutting the cake because of the subsection nature of the cut. If you have a 4D knife and cake on the other hand, then would play a role.
How so? How would you even know what a 4D shape looks like? Let alone cut it. The motion of cutting implies 3D. How do you cut a 2D cake with a 2D knife without going to the 3rd Dimension?? (Slicing doesn't count)
Plus, what does a 4D cake even look like?? A 2D cake is pi*r^2, a 3D cake is pi*r^2*h, but the 2 shapes are different. The equivalent of a circle in 3D is a sphere, not some puny cylinder. Note: we can consider a cylinder as 2-2D objects: circles and a rectangle. So what is the combination for a 4D cake??
Cylinder + rectangular prism??(which is the equivalent of 2*circle*rectangle + rectangle*6 in 2D world). Cylinder + Sphere?

abraker wrote:

kai99 wrote:

my god
Why not?
First off, it's 2pi radians of a cake. Things need units depending on what you're measuring. For example, when measuring your dick, you would say x dx long. Now if you don't know what radians are, you obviously haven't played enough MMORPG to know what raids are, which means you should go play more. Now since I'm a nice person, I'll explain what radians are. It's basically a unit that we use to see whether we hit the G spot or not
Cahyono29
because god say it can't
abraker

Blitzfrog wrote:

How so? How would you even know what a 4D shape looks like? Let alone cut it. The motion of cutting implies 3D. How do you cut a 2D cake with a 2D knife without going to the 3rd Dimension?? (Slicing doesn't count)
Plus, what does a 4D cake even look like?? A 2D cake is pi*r^2, a 3D cake is pi*r^2*h, but the 2 shapes are different. The equivalent of a circle in 3D is a sphere, not some puny cylinder. Note: we can consider a cylinder as 2-2D objects: circles and a rectangle. So what is the combination for a 4D cake??
Cylinder + rectangular prism??(which is the equivalent of 2*circle*rectangle + rectangle*6 in 2D world). Cylinder + Sphere?
First if you cut a 2D cake with a 2D knife, then your are effectively squashing it and not cutting it, because you know, like you said how would that go to the 3rd Dimension? It would make more sense to cut a 1D cake with a 2D knife. A 4D cake is impossible for a 3D being to comprehend, but it would would be a 4D cylinder. Here is a 4D cylinder being rotated in a crossection of 3D space:

Blitzfrog wrote:

First off, it's 2pi radians of a cake. Things need units depending on what you're measuring. For example, when measuring your dick, you would say x dx long. Now if you don't know what radians are, you obviously haven't played enough MMORPG to know what raids are, which means you should go play more. Now since I'm a nice person, I'll explain what radians are. It's basically a unit that we use to see whether we hit the G spot or not
Please see this post and consider signing up to OT University's OT unit theory course.
Rifdi
Please talk in a manner that we stupid dolts can understand
show more