Dividing it by 0! XDDDDD
Meah
Why I cannot multiply by 0
Ender Lain
ahem.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero

but out of it, 0!=1

:th0nk1ng:
Rifdi
0! = 1 has a whole different explanation regarding the set of rules for factorial functions.
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

Say you want to cut a cake for 0 people
How would you cut the cake?
Dividing it by 0! XDDDDD
You're gonna make me sad stop :(
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

Oh, I'm really sorry :(
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

Oh, I'm really sorry :(
Look im sad now :(
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

I apologise, this should lighten up the mood a little bit hoepfully.

Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

I apologise, this should lighten up the mood a little bit hoepfully.

Thanks dad.
Imma hang the clothes now
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

Thanks dad.
I don't think that's what you're supposed to do with it

You're welcome son! :)
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

Thanks dad.
I don't think that's what you're supposed to do with it

You're welcome son! :)
Keeping it legal dad! :)
_SkyFall

Rifdi wrote:

What do you mean? I think we can hang on the ceiling together. After all, it's a family rope! Otherwise, what's the point on having a family if you can't even hang out together to enjoy life :)
abraker
As a workaround, take the limit of the thing you are trying to divide the thing by 0 and divide it by x as x approaches 0
kai99
yea then if the numerator is a rational number
since the denominator is approaching zero it'll be positive or negative infintiy depending on the sign of the numerator
Rifdi

_SkyFall wrote:

Rifdi wrote:

What do you mean? I think we can hang on the ceiling together. After all, it's a family rope! Otherwise, what's the point on having a family if you can't even hang out together to enjoy life :)
Did u just
Wow
Im speechless dad
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

As a workaround, take the limit of the thing you are trying to divide the thing by 0 and divide it by x as x approaches 0
The limit, as the number of people I'm dividing cake for approaches zero, the number of slices approaches...
johnmedina999
LOL
Blitz has a point, if we are taking the cake example, you can't do limits, this is a real life scenario.
Rifdi

johnmedina999 wrote:

LOL
Blitz has a point, if we are taking the cake example, you can't do limits, this is a real life scenario.
Yeah thats the fastest way to answer it, for more proof and whatnot youtube has some videos for that
kai99
but the cake is a lie
kai99

Blitzfrog wrote:

abraker wrote:

The limit, as the number of people I'm dividing cake for approaches zero, the number of slices approaches...
cake goes to infinity
Tae
Serraionga

kai99 wrote:

but the cake is a lie
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

cake goes to infinity
I just found to never run out of cakes
Softwarm
Wait, wouldn't you eventually end up with a cake that's untouched? Like, at the limit there won't be any people to give the cake to... (I don't think this is a very good analogy for why you can't divide by 0.)
abraker

Blitzfrog wrote:

abraker wrote:

The old fashioned notion of dividing a whole slice for N people is not going to do us good in this, we need to break the problem down to its core. When you are slicing a cake, you are taking and series of angles of a circles in parts and distributing them one by one. The procedure is the following: You take the whole 360 deg angle and divide it by the number of people you want to give it to, then you trace that much from the starting point around it, and give that much you traced to the first person. Then repeat until you got no cake left. So consider this:

You have 2pi of cake and need to divide it by one person. Ok: (2/pi)/1 = 2/pi, a whole cake. Here you go one person!

What about half a person? (2/pi)/0.5 = 4/pi or 2 wholes. Right? Wrong! You just go around once, and obviously the rest doesn't matter since you traced the whole, but for the sake of math we will trace a full circle again. The whole cake has been traced around anyway and the half person gets the full cake

What about a third of a person? Same you just go around and stop where you went around already, effectively making no difference.

What about Infinity? Same no difference. Whole cake.

Does this work for 2 people, you, a skeptical reader might be now wondering, now concerned about the nonsense I wrote. Well yes, idiot reader, it does work. Here is how: (2/pi)/2 = pi or half of a whole. So you give the traced amount to the first person and continue tracing (2/pi)/2 for the second person. Another half!

And so, quod erat demonstrandum

Edit: What happens if you try dividing by infinity:

Rifdi
Can someone summarize the thread
show more