forum

Should I learn to FC 3 star maps before playing 4 star maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kungcat
I found it was more fun to play a harder difficulty map and get 60% accuracy than playing an easier map and obsessing over missing 1 note. I heard that playing a little above your level was good for improving. But also heard that consistency (FC'ing a few maps before progressing.) is key to being a better player. I don't know which opinion to rely on. What do you guys think? :o
Sandy Hoey
60% acc is not "a little" above your skill level...

But this game is about having fun, so if you don't care about improvement, play whatever you want
N0thingSpecial
Don't play 4* for now
Rynnavinx

Sandy Hoey wrote:

60% acc is not "a little" above your skill level...

But this game is about having fun, so if you don't care about improvement, play whatever you want
This guy nose
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play where you usually get an A and go for S. If that is 5*, play 5*. If that is 1*, play 1*.
KupcaH
Yes, you should be able to FC 3* with decent acc 95%+ before moving to 4*.
Skidayo
for a normal standard beatmaps, there is very very very big difficulty difference in just a 1 star difference.
if you can play 4 star maps you can easily fc 3 star maps.

so play anything you want xd
Wishes
I think challenging yourself is good and all but 60% acc is way too low :o at that point you are just spamming. If you only play that kind of difficulties then it's not really doing you any good. Songs where you can get at least 90% acc you can practice on imo. But it's good to do a mixture of harder songs and easier songs if you want to improve faster. Focusing too much on FC's and 99% acc or whatever is also counter-productive. You need a good balance.
Kondou-Shinichi
personally i think you're better off playing 4*, but after looking at your acc even I back out
get atleast better acc overall in 3* then move on
DXPOHIHIHI
You can take two paths

1: 4 star - if you keep playing 4 star maps, you will improve your speed more faster and you can read fast ar maps

2: 3 star - if you keep playing 3 star maps, you will improve at your accuracy but you wont be much that much fast
KupcaH

szkiller wrote:

You can take two paths

1: 4 star - if you keep playing 4 star maps, you will improve your speed more faster and you can read fast ar maps

2: 3 star - if you keep playing 3 star maps, you will improve at your accuracy but you wont be much that much fast
This guy is noob and doesn't understand anything in this game, don't listen to him.
JeromeTT
It really depends. Just play what you find fun and comfortable with. Unlike many others, I skipped from 3.3* straight to 4* and it worked out fine for me.

EDIT: you have pretty shit acc, so i dont think you shound skip straight to 4*. When I was your skill level, my acc was around 95%.
mulraf
perfectly fine if you play 4* too imho. personally i just wouldn't play stuff that i can't pass and also at least for the most part stick to 3* and just sometimes do 4*, but pls enjoy game - it's up to you.
Topic Starter
Kungcat
Thanks guys. I'll take or your advice into account. :D Hopefully my accuracy improves. Thank you, everybody, for posting! :)