forum

Have I hit my wall? Or am I just an idiot?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Viggma
So basically I feel as if I have hit my wall physically, not mentally (i.e reading) but I'm at a complete loss as to what I should do, to spare a huge wall of text; i am able to do up to 190bpm streams and anything below, about 4 months ago I thought I should try to fix this but not until 3 months ago did I actually start putting In effort, I decided to try and get consistent with 200 bpm before I try to move up, but... to sum it up whenever I practiced 200 bpm I would somehow hurt my hand, I wouldn't feel pain the day before while I was playing, nor would I the next day, but the drop in ability was noticable, after practicing 200 for maybe 3 days I wouldn't be able to do anything above 170bpm and even then I would fingerlock often for the next 4 days. At first I thought it was because I wasn't used to 200 bpm and continued normally (maps I played were the 200 bpm stream practice maps, blue zenith maps with NF, and others.. and of course I didn't just wake up and do 200 straight, I would warm up gradually increasing bpm). 2 months later at this happening over and over I noticed I didn't get better at 200 AT ALL, not even by the slightest amount, maybe 1% here and there but the next day it imediately went down below my average. I continued for the next month more restrictively by playing it less constantly but the pattern kept repeating, and so here I am today, still can't do anything above 190. My aim has also hit a wall, I can't do sharp jumps nor can I do flow jumps, if I practice either I hurt my hand in some way, I've swapped grips maybe 4 times total throughout my time with tablet, but it's happened with all of them.

Basically what I want to know is if I've hit my wall and should just accept it and play the game for what it is at my level (I really want to improve) or I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong, if my approach is wrong (don't you dare fucking say "oh it's a mental block her de der" cause that's Bullshit and you know it). Everyone around me is improving, and here I am stuck, not one score , not one bit of improvement, nothing to be proud of. (Yeah I get its a circle clicking game but who doesn't want to improve at a game the enjoy)
N0thingSpecial
Play naturally.

streams is a very tricky thing that everyone improve at different rate, cause it's a physical limitation, unlike aim you just develop better reading and muscle memory for it.

I suggest you ditch the Blue zenith no fail and stream practise maps cause those do absolutely nothing. Cause you don't know if it's a stamina problem, rhythm sense problem, reading problem or aim problem, which only can be discovered by playing large variety of stream maps

I personally come to terms with my streaming ability and never be able to death stream 200 bpm, and just focus on other stuff.
hayate13
Plz enjoy game
Ninonuko
dw I can't even pass midnight siege dt a week before I fc'd it, just spam it with nf until I could pass it. tho I think blue zenith stream pattern is too hard considering you're not even comfortable with the bpm yet.
it's normal to get hurt when you try to break physical limit, if you get rsi welp you're out of luck... at least I'm fine until now.
dung eater
You could try playing faster maps with burst so you can focus on going a lot faster a bit at a time vs going a bit faster for the whole map. Try to enjoy game.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Stream faster = move less the fingers = down less the keys/be more closer to where key trigger = coordination.
Don't try to move muscles faster never. Moving them at same speed you can go from 120-300bpm just making them get more closer or far from keys. Try to play with the pressure your fingers are doing on the keys and know exactly what weight make the key trigger. That way you also need almost no stamina to stream since your muscles almost don't do movement at high bpm. But also you need more stamina to play low bpm because your fingers are more far from keys.

If fingers stuck it's due to don't read consistenly.
From what i know and i tryied, there is tons of different ways to read streams. Play the maps what you aim for to learn. So you will discover the most efficient way to read and play consistenly streams for you.
Also test to change the angle your arm it's on the table can help.
Topic Starter
Viggma
Thanks for the advise ^-^