1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +36
show more
posted
actually... idk is it because i've mapped for a while or something but i think the good usage of SV and DS can do the job you mentioned in the first post pretty well, there's no need for circles to be smaller or bigger on different part of the song
posted
tbh this would change the game almost completely. I can't see this going through
posted
I would like to see it, mainly because it could save Aspire.

but god i would not want to see decreasing size streams
posted

EmeralX wrote:

but god i would not want to see decreasing size streams
I assume that if decreasing-size streams is a universally unlikeable feature, then most mappers will probably shy away from making maps with them. Maybe they'll even make it a ranking criteria. Idk.
posted
You guys want innovation in mapping, yet you automatically say no to ideas that would refresh this game.
posted

F1r3tar wrote:

You guys want innovation in mapping, yet you automatically say no to ideas that would refresh this game.
This does not really have anything to do with innovation. Innovation happens when someone reinvents mapping within the existing set of rules.
This change would simply nuke a rule out of existence. "oh, my map can have different CS now, I'm so innovative", no, that is not how innovation works. And osu! would be a different game after such a change with no way to turn back.
posted
As a bad mapper myself I disagree with this thing,because HELL COULD IT BE FUCKING READABLE i mean like this is all cool but this is wayyyyyy to weird to the players imo

F1r3tar wrote:

You guys want innovation in mapping, yet you automatically say no to ideas that would refresh this game.
what the fuck are you saying lol
posted

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

As a bad mapper myself I disagree with this thing,because HELL COULD IT BE FUCKING READABLE i mean like this is all cool but this is wayyyyyy to weird to the players imo
Hm, I don't think it'd make it harder to read than it is currently. You read different CSes in the exact same way, so it'd just make it more aim-intensive during sections of smaller CS, not more read-intensive. I could be wrong.
posted

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

what the fuck are you saying lol
You're just assuming variable CS wouldn't work because "this is way too weird to the players." Look, we have a lot of weird maps that are hard to read, as well as elaborate concepts to back them up. HanzeR and Skystar found new ways to expand horizons within mapping at the time: Miss You, Neuronecia, and dreamless wanderer for example. Even more recently, Hollow Wings's slider tick gimmick map. Sure, those concepts and patterns used were weird and hard to read at the time; today, they are widely accepted.

Yes, I know a completely different idea like variable CS differs from current editor innovation, but using "weird" or "hard to read" doesn't strongly justify why variable CS wouldn't work. My point is, don't assume an idea is bad, just because it seems weird or doesn't seem to conform to the game's standard ways.
posted
as a mapper i dont really see myself using this neither being implemented. mappers want more freedom in the editor but we should still take playability in consideration
posted
different circle size also reqires different ar/ settings, it would ruin the entire mapping concept. and osu lazer will be released soon, i don't think they will change any gameplay stuff at this point
posted

F1r3tar wrote:

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

what the fuck are you saying lol
You're just assuming variable CS wouldn't work because "this is way too weird to the players." Look, we have a lot of weird maps that are hard to read, as well as elaborate concepts to back them up. HanzeR and Skystar found new ways to expand horizons within mapping at the time: Miss You, Neuronecia, and dreamless wanderer for example. Even more recently, Hollow Wings's slider tick gimmick map. Sure, those concepts and patterns used were weird and hard to read at the time; today, they are widely accepted.

Yes, I know a completely different idea like variable CS differs from current editor innovation, but using "weird" or "hard to read" doesn't strongly justify why variable CS wouldn't work. My point is, don't assume an idea is bad, just because it seems weird or doesn't seem to conform to the game's standard ways.
maybe if you start mapping you'll understand what's the wrong in this imo
posted
i think it would be pretty cool thing to have, would allow for better contrast between parts. there could be guidelines to avoid all your complaints about unreadable blah blah lol. hopefully lazer allows for more interesting mechanics than what we have now :)
posted
If I would have stars I would give you some
posted

Naotoshi wrote:

i think it would be pretty cool thing to have, would allow for better contrast between parts. there could be guidelines to avoid all your complaints about unreadable blah blah lol. hopefully lazer allows for more interesting mechanics than what we have now :)
I totally agree with this point of view
posted
Yes please. There are so many cool ideas that could be executed with variable cs.
posted
It's cool but the way it'll count the scores would (i think) make things more complicated.

But still.. it's cool.
posted

Mio Winter wrote:

Feature: Allow mappers to choose different circle sizes for different circles in the same beatmap.

It's not uncommon for me to think that some parts of a song fit well with smaller circle sizes and other parts of a song fit with larger circle sizes. Allowing mappers to dynamically change circle size allows them to express more nuances of the song in the map, thus make maps that fit better with the songs.

It's also just a very sensible way to give mappers more options to express themselves. Like giving a painter a new colour. Dynamic circle size feels like a very natural extension of the mapper's toolset. I can imagine many really good maps being created with this.
It could also be limited to small changes like for example if you choose cs5 for your map, you could only change the cs between 4 and 6, so that the changes aren't too drastic (range would be -1 from original to +1 from original)
posted
I think that being able to dynamically change the circle size would be great for creativity in maps. Not speaking for myself but a lot of people I know are getting bored with this game saying that every ranked map nowadays is no different from other maps. Maybe adding this feature will help people enjoy the game more.
Please sign in to reply.