forum

Skinning Forum Post Template

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EmanuelAlcon

Making a skin requires a lot of time, and once you have finished the skin, it'll take you even longer to make the forum post and make it look all nice. All in all, the entire process is really time consuming.
This is a few templates for Skinners who just want to release the skin to the public. If you think there should be more alterations to this templates, leave it in the comments. This took quite a while to code and put together, so I hope it helps out.

Images & Boxes

Sadly, because of BB Code, I can't use a box inside a box, so I'll use the Quote tag for an exmaple of what should be inside the box. Use some cool unicode for the title of the box or something. In here say something about the skin. This skin was meant to be clean and simple, took me 1 hour to make.

In here post all your screenshots. I'll provide a few image tags in the code for you.

If you, or someone, made a video showcasing your skin, link it here. There's no need for it, but it's a nice thing to have.

You can link all your downloads here.

Code for Images & Boxes

[img]This is your Logo[/img]

[img]Authors Notes Image[/img]
[box=⚡]

Sadly, because of BB Code, I can't use a box inside a box, so I'll use the Quote tag for an exmaple of what should be inside the box. Use some cool unicode for the title of the box or something. In here say something about the skin. This skin was meant to be clean and simple, took me 1 hour to make.

[/box]

[img]Screenshots[/img]
[box=⚡]In here post all your screenshots. I'll provide a few image tags in the code for you.

[img]Screenshot 1[/img]
[img]Screenshot 2[/img]
[img]Screenshot 3[/img]
[img]Screenshot 4[/img]

[/box]

[img]Videos[/img]
[box=⚡]

If you, or someone, made a video showcasing your skin, link it here. There's no need for it, but it's a nice thing to have.

[centre][youtube]Your Videos ID (Check tag if you need to at the top)[/youtube][/centre]

[/box]

[img]Downloads[/img]
[box=⚡]

You can link all your downloads here.

[url=Your Skin Download Link]Download 1[/url]
[url=Your Skin Download Link]Download 2[/url]
[url=Your Skin Download Link]Download 3[/url]

[/box]

[img]Image 1[/img]
[url=Your Skin Download Link][img]Image 2[/img][/url]
[url=Your Skin Download Link][img]Image 3[/img][/url]
[url=Your Skin Download Link][img]Image 4[/img][/url]

Entire Image Forum
Well... there really isn't much difficult about this and it will greatly vary on your layout. I will post the layout for this example though, feel free to modify it. Make sure that you know what you are cropping, cropping is what makes this look smooth and beautiful.

[img]First Image, usually your Logo[/img]

[img]This is your "About" image.[/img]

[img]Title of your Screenshot Menu[/img]

[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 1[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 2[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 3[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 4[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 5[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 6[/img][/url]

[img]Bottom of the area. End of the Screenshot Menu[/img]

[img]This is the title of your Download. The top part before any download buttons.[/img]

[url=Link your skin download][img]Skin download Button 1[/img][/url]
[url=Link your skin download][img]Skin download Button 2[/img][/url]
[url=Link your skin download][img]Skin download Button 3[/img][/url]

[img]End of the area/very bottom of the download area. This is the end unless you decide to add more onto it.[/img]
Frogsi
Helpful !
-yuo-
I have been summoned, and i have free time. I will prob be on it

1. i will fix whatever need fixing
2. i will make some technical alignment image templates

nevermind this.

[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 1[/img][/url][url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 2[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 3[/img][/url][url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 4[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 5[/img][/url][url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 6[/img][/url]
[img]This is the title of your Download. The top part before any download buttons.[/img]
[img]End of the area/very bottom of the download area. This is the end unless you decide to add more onto it.[/img]

and this
your image "http://i.imgur.com/mTmEqLU.png" is misaligned. Replaced with the above, "http://i.imgur.com/9x9hYyP.png"

[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 1[/img][/url][url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 2[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 3[/img][/url][url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 4[/img][/url]
[url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 5[/img][/url][url=Link to your full res. screenshot][img]Screenshot 6[/img][/url]
h3oCharles
Uhh... you guys screwed up...

also, added to my skinning book