posted
Total Posts
show more
Yukiko Amagi
hmm
Topic Starter
SurfChu85

REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!!

Please return to the Opening Post for the forms.

Also, check out the tournament preview podcast!

Zaph y u mess up my username?????
JierYagtama
O w o
Jemzuu
U w o
MaMaiPonc
roar
Zaphirox
Made changes to osu!standard,

Due to MASSIVE amounts of registrants, we're no longer limiting the entrants to 32 but we'll double it
RO64 WELCOME ABOARD LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Matches for RO64 begins at November 17 and ends by November 19(Nov. 17- Nov. 19)

Cheers :D
Nitrous

Zaphirox wrote:

Made changes to osu!standard,

Due to MASSIVE amounts of registrants, we're no longer limiting the entrants to 32 but we'll double it
RO64 WELCOME ABOARD LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Matches for RO64 begins at November 17 and ends by November 19(Nov. 17- Nov. 19)

Cheers :D
\|>ᴗ<|/
Krzyindx
hey uhh i accidentally signed up for osu!mania 4k instead of standard... please just disregard my mania registration.... i play mania, ctb, and std, but i play strd most and i feel that if i end up joining 2 modes it will be unfair... so just put me on std... if, that is, that you will accept my registration for std :p
Topic Starter
SurfChu85

OSUAddictPGSN wrote:

hey uhh i accidentally signed up for osu!mania 4k instead of standard... please just disregard my mania registration.... i play mania, ctb, and std, but i play strd most and i feel that if i end up joining 2 modes it will be unfair... so just put me on std... if, that is, that you will accept my registration for std :p
To clarify, you can join any of the four tournaments. I might end up still accepting your registration (for mania 4K), but it is up to you whether you'll appear on both.
-Zephy-
woo lezgo PH osu community see u soon ;)
Topic Starter
SurfChu85
TOURNAMENT CHANGES HAVE BEEN ADDED!

Please refer to the opening post to see what has been added, and the Rules and Guidelines box on the said post also in order to see what has changed.
Toshiyuki Doma
lemme join. :3

Edit: ooohhh thanks for letting me in :D
Aishiii
osu!PH memes hype
dark321
can anyone give tell me how the matches are made? Iv'e read the guidelines but i still dont understand the match-up system and how I'm gonna be informed when my match will happen
Topic Starter
SurfChu85

dark321 wrote:

can anyone give tell me how the matches are made? Iv'e read the guidelines but i still dont understand the match-up system and how I'm gonna be informed when my match will happen
How are the rooms made? The match referee assigned to your match will make it.

How are the players matched up? The tournament manager of your game mode shall assign you a seeding number that fits a criteria set for the game mode (e.g. Qualifier Results, pp count, and the like). Players are ranked via their seeds, and shall face each other in such a way that the first seed faces the last seed, the second seed faces the second from the last seed, and so on.

How are you going to be informed of your match schedule? ALL OFFICIAL INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED ON THIS FORUM THREAD, SO PAY ATTENTION HERE. ALSO, MAKE SURE TO BE ATTENTIVE OF YOUR FORUM PM'S. Even if we'll post information on the official osu!Philippines Facebook Group, or the Major osu!PH Discord servers (osu!ph@discord, o!m PH v2, osu!minigame PH), if you happen to be part of them, we're not responsible if you don't get the details correctly since we're making sure that the things are properly presented here.
Now for the actual match time. We'll send you a private message in-game when it's almost time, but please, make sure that you don't block non-friend PM's for this, if you do, we won't be able to inform you, and it will be, technically your fault if you don't see the notification. For second measure, we'd send you an invite link to your match, and it's your responsibility to click that and hop in before defaulting time expires. If you still don't pay attention, we'll forcibly move you in the room (though I have to confirm if we could use that certain command). We're not responsible if you don't show up just because you don't have the right information.

I guess that's all for this post.
ShizuVoice
Is there any user here who go church on Sunday in the morning? I'm worried if I get a match on Sunday because Saturday are my free days.
Aishiii
Doesn't this tourney have a fb page or anything?

Also if it does have discord link me xd
AyeAries

Aishiii wrote:

Check Zaphirox's profile for discord link.
AyeAries

LJustChill_PH wrote:

Is there any user here who go church on Sunday in the morning? I'm worried if I get a match on Sunday because Saturday are my free days.

SurfChu85 wrote:

Section 5 - Rescheduling

Players are allowed to reschedule their matches as long as their opponent have a mutual agreement on this arrangement, and is made before the Thursday prior to the match. This is for the staff to be able to adjust their general schedules for the round, including the streams. If the arrangement is made after the set deadline, the match will still be rescheduled, but there is no assurance that it will be streamed.
Topic Starter
SurfChu85

LJustChill_PH wrote:

To add to Aries' reply, as much as possible, we'd avoid scheduling matches before 12 noon, even with the very large number of matches that will happen on the weekends (up to 64 matches on the first weekend, if I may add). Now the problem arises IF you're facing someone who's not based on PH but has the PH flag on their profiles (I'm aware that there are sign-ups who have that case), then you have to make sure that the staff we'll be informed about your availability (and your opponent's obviously), then we'll try to work things out.

There are also extreme cases where we can allow players to play their matches before the actual weekend, but this will depend on your game mode's tournament manager. (At least for mania, I'll allow these special matches as long as you ask for my approval.)
Asagi
*breaths in*

here we go boiz
ShizuVoice
*sigh*

Well, time for practice.
And BTW, thanks. So there is no need to worry.
Aishiii

- Aries - wrote:

Aishiii wrote:

Check Zaphirox's profile for discord link.

Thanks dude

edit: apparently, invite is already expired.
Deneb
osu!news when
Lobsterr

General Tournament Format For CTB Update!

Catch the Beat
Maximum Number of Players per mode: 32
Bracket Format: Single Elimination
Match Format: 1 vs 1, Single Ban per Player, Alternating Pick with Tiebreaker at Double Match Point
Scorev1 will be use instead of Scorev2
T-Spin-Double
forgot to post here lmao
T-Spin-Double
Why am i not in the standard lmao xdd
Yun Che
Nakakaiyak tong noob ka eh :(
Topic Starter
SurfChu85
Posted updates on the tournament schedule and the tournament formats.

See you on the following dates:

We're still getting streaming details fixed, so please stand by.
Topic Starter
SurfChu85
Double post lol

As requested by some on facebook, we created a Discord Server for the tournament!

Click to join!
Zaphirox
lenpai
flawed mappools
rhalp10
Hello Ino-notify ko lng po kayo na mukhang d ako makakalaro dito :( dahil na aksidente ako, at na-sugat ang aking kamay malapit sa pulso, akala nga nila nag laslas ako eh, kahit natama lang sa windows glass,.. aksidenteng nasapak,.. ayun nung nakaraang two weeks pa naman to pero d pa ako pwede mag buhat ng mabibigat o kaya ma pressure ung daliri ko , baka bumuka ung sugat,.. halos 5 stitches din ng tahi ung sugat ko at sa iba pang part ng daliri may tahi din .. haha eto image kaso wala akong malinaw na cellphone eh , btw good luck sa tournament lalo na sa mga kasali ..
lenpai
thank you for notifying get well soon :3

hope you can participate in the future tourneys
rhalp10
Thanks, <3
Topic Starter
SurfChu85
Thread bump since stuff happened, and to formally end the tournament.

Okay, after SEVEN weeks of competition, the osu!Philippines Holiday Friendlies 2017 has concluded. We have seen very competitive matches (when matches actually happened) across all four divisions we held. It had been not easy for all of us, staff and players alike, but thank you for participating in our largest undertaking as a community.

Now as the guy who had this tournament as an original concept of some sorts (format and stuff), I'd personally like to give my thanks to the following people who have helped made this thing a possibility: (brace yourselves, WALL INCOMING)

Zaphirox - The guy who pushed me to continue with this plan. I remember sending over screenies of a tourney proposal to you over at Discord and you said that it was very feasible. We started putting effort into this and I did not expect that the hype for this event was actually that large. I have no regrets working with you on this.

Lobsterr - The manager that shows up when he can. Thank you VERY much for helping manage the game mode I am not that familiar with, Catch the Beat. I know that you were worried about the player turn-out on your division, but ends out that your division has apparently the best turn-our of all four divisions held!

A special mention goes to the following people for providing the Quality™ mappools in this tournament. Without you guys, the tournament might've not been as successful as this.

osu!standard

1. Mira-san
  2. konawiki
  3. Nitrous
Here are the guys you'd tend to spam mentions on Discord just to finish the standard mappool, and would actually deliver even if they'd just work on it for like 3 or 4 hours total in the weekend. I have no idea on how you guys do it, but MASSIVE props to you guys.

osu!catch

1. Lobsterr
  2. Chloebe
  3. MaMaiPonc
For the fruit-catching people, I was REALLY surprised about how you guys already had a mappool up until the FINALS, of all stages, for this tourney, and you guys barely had time to access the selection sheets I made. Thank you guys for being part of this team.

osu!mania

1. Lenfried-
  2. JztCallMeRon
  3. Raveille
  4. snexe
  5. juankristal
Well, since I know how you guys worked with me throughout the selection process, my message will be slightly longer. Okay, so we had the task of constructing mappools enough for TWO tournament divisions, the 4K and 7K divisions, specifically. We even had the job of creating notecharts for the qualifying stages of the two divisions, and I have no words on how all of us delivered even with the pressure. Even with our experience with selection, and even one of us actually selected for one edition of the Mania World Cup, things were still hard for us, but we still pulled through and I appreciate all of your efforts.

Another notice box is dedicated to our team of referees who maintained order throughout all 155 matches held across all four divisions. Only those who actually referee'd are mentioned. Might've missed a few names.

And this box goes to the staff who go on the more... public part of the tournament, the Streams!

shadowsnoop - First mention goes to you, big guy. Staying up so late just to stream a good number of our matches, and even of a good quality. Not to mention our laughs within the staff chat lol
aEverr - Our other streamer who has been a very helpful back-up whenever snoop isn't around and has even witnessed one of the closest matches in the tournament while streaming.

Deneb
IDontCAAAREEE
MaMaiPonc

Your insights on your respective game modes during your stints on commentary has been very valuable to the experience. Thank you very much for being part of the team.

Mira-san
Hues
OsuMe65

The guys behind the very eye-catching graphics used on the tournament. Things would've been really boring to look at without your help.

Now with all of them covered, it's time for us to congratulate the following players who have climbed through their competition to get the laurels of their achievement.

osu!standard Division

🥇 FIRST PLACE = xX_MusicMan_Xx (Profile Badge + Two months of osu! Supporter)
🥈 SECOND PLACE = Hecs (One month of osu! Supporter)

Note: Due to unfortunate circumstances, this is the official result of the osu!standard division, despite the brackets on the information posts reflecting otherwise.

osu!catch Division

🥇 FIRST PLACE = Roido (Profile Badge + Two months of osu! Supporter)
🥈 SECOND PLACE = - Kielzu - (One month of osu! Supporter)

osu!mania 4K Division

🥇 FIRST PLACE = bojii (Profile Badge + Two months of osu! Supporter)
🥈 SECOND PLACE = exodia3000 (One month of osu! Supporter)

osu!mania 7K Division

🥇 FIRST PLACE = MapleSyrup- (Profile Badge + Two months of osu! Supporter)
🥈 SECOND PLACE = bojii (One month of osu! Supporter)

To the people who followed the tournament, the players who joined, and to everyone involved pretty much, Thank you very much for being part of this undertaking. The success we had isn't possible if it were not for all of our efforts together. Until next time! (And hopefully we can actually get osu!taiko be part of this)