forum

Is "LK Light Strike" switches good for rhythm games?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
v0lniy
I've used membrane keyboard for a long time, but to become better in osu I need a keyboard with mechanical switches. So i found cheap keyboard with good reviews (A4Tech B720) and it's using "LK light Strike" switches (I've never heard about). How its wrote on official site "Innovative LK optical switch technology uses optical detection that removes all input lag which is able to obtain zero digital latency reacting with a speed of 0.2ms key response". Its sounds cool for rhythm games like osu, but I'm not used to trust official websites of the big (or not) companies. And now, i need an advice, is this is a good choice for osu, or not?
Thank you in advance.
KupcaH

v0lniy wrote:

I've used membrane keyboard for a long time, but to become better in osu I need a keyboard with mechanical switches
You don't need a mechanical keyboard to get better. Especially on your level.
Also, if you're willing to buy mechanical keyboard only because of osu!, you may want to buy something like this
Aegyo
Would it help? Almost certainly
How much it would help? That's up to your natural skill ceiling and dedication to the game.
autoteleology
If you're planning on buying one of those keyboards, plan on finding some way to attach it to a paperweight because they don't stick to the desk for shit and they are super light and love to jostle around under your fingers.
Aegyo
Or you could just use heavy duty double sided tape
autoteleology
Or, you could just do what I said and have all the benefits of permanent tape with none of the drawbacks of something being essentially cemented to your desk.

Also, tape doesn't work if you use a desk-sized mousepad.
Jukkii
the LK light strike switches are good for osu, rohulk uses them and he says that theyre pretty good, and ill take his word for it.
Aegyo

Philosofikal wrote:

Or, you could just do what I said and have all the benefits of permanent tape with none of the drawbacks of something being essentially cemented to your desk.

Also, tape doesn't work if you use a desk-sized mousepad.
You only need to tape it down at certain areas of the keyboard. Unless you tap like some chimp there is no need to figuratively fuse your keyboard with your desk surface lol.