forum

What is the most important in anime for you?

posted
Total Posts

Story
31.85%
Characters
23.33%
Animations
5.19%
Drawing Style
9.26%
Genre
7.41%
Fighting and Action Scenes
1.85%
Drama and Heart touching moments
7.04%
Music
8.52%
Merchandise and Cosplay
0.37%
Cute and Moe things
5.19%
Total votes: 270
show more
ampzz

NoHItter wrote:

Story and characters.
I don't see how you can have a great anime (or even any great cartoon/movie/show) without those who.
The other factors are just "toppings" to make it even better.
About it really.
Tenshi

NoHItter wrote:

. . . without those who
:P

OT: "Fighting and Action Scenes" and "Drama and Heart touching moments" pretty much go with "Genre"; "Animations" and "Drawing Style" relate to each other.

So I'm gonna have to go with the art in general and the story; characters a third with music as a bonus.
Verdisphena

okay
naira-chan
Plot - I want to watch an anime that has introduction, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution.
Genre - I cannot watch horror, hentai, and super gory anime shows because I might get a heart attack.

Oh yeah... the anime must be complete/finished or else, even if the plot is okay and the genres I like are there, I will not watch it.

This also applies to the mangas I read.
Soly
Firo Prochainezo
I find animation and drawing style pretty important, but I'm also a sucker for eye candy, so.
PsychoSkill
Story and Character!

There are many Genre, which I like.... but the important things are Story and Charackter.... If they aren't good, the genre will be incidental.

The music is important too... but if the music isn't good, the story won't be bad through this...
danyTdog
:)
Topic Starter
Hanyuu

Soly wrote:

Character, story & music. Music especially is pretty damn important for climatic moments. I get goosebumps sometimes if the music fits the scene really well.
Hehe yes now that you say it. I feel so too. Maybe i should have enabled 3 options to vote :P
AzureKikinak
Story nuff said

and

Drama/heart touching moments, whether the heart touching moments are like the ones in Clannad or Heart touching moments where a piece of cold hard steel is doing the touching is fine with me ;). For me having drama or HTMs keeps me watching
Jazz
of course the plot is important

why the heck would i watch something that doesn't make sense?

the art style is also important since it's good to watch something that is nicely drawn :D
anthonyyy0
Characters are soooo important. If you hate the characters or they're very flat, then any sort of attachment you might feel to them is destroyed.
Artificial Children
I dont like romantic and drama things at all but love horror fights special powers, blood, pantsu xd so genre is the most important to me
Drakari_old
It's a really simple choice for me.

I can watch something with a nonsense story, or generic characters, in most genres, regardless of containing action or drama, quality of music, moe, or merchandise. Probably not something without at least one of those being good, but missing any one will not affect things much.

On the other hand, a show with terrible art or animation is painful no matter how good everything else is.
Vext_old
Story and characters, same as vidya gaems, visuals do not make anything good if there is no substance to support it.
Totoki
Story, characters, animation and music are the basis of every anime, the others are just peronal preferences. i watch alot of anime so what's important for me in an anime is having those 4 aspects done very well. Guilty Crown ep 1 was enjoyable for me, since animes are pretty much always reusing ideas, doesn't matter if it's a rip-off as long as it is better =D

anyways~ asking me this is like asking what's important for me in food, if i don't get my anime i die 8D
-Shi_old
#1 Drawing Style & Music, I simply love good soundtracks/opening themes, and since I'm watching it, the drawing style should be good so it doesn't hurt my eyes, if any of these isn't good enough for me, then I'll miss out on it x.x

#2 Story, after the above is good I check if the story is a bit good, if it's not, then I'll give it a lil try for 5 more eps, and then prolly quit the anime.

nyehehe I voted 3 times o.o
Curisu
music.
AmaiHachimitsu
1. Story
2. Chara
3. Music
4. Drawing Style/animations
5. Moments

That's why i consider k-on as a shit 8D
Galkan
I'd say I do not have any general order what's the most and least important.
DarkEmerl
Music. When an anime has good music, it really improves the moments in the anime. Yuki Kajiura's anime music in particular is awesome.
Topic Starter
Hanyuu

DarkEmerl wrote:

Music. When an anime has good music, it really improves the moments in the anime. Yuki Kajiura's anime music in particular is awesome.
Yes i totally agree with you! She is amazing and a very good composer. Im a fan of her music too :)
Lybydose
What everyone voted:

What everyone really meant:

Mukku
Music and story. Wohoo.
Wassaaaa

Lybydose wrote:

What everyone voted:

What everyone really meant:

YuZuKi Kenny
Moe Moe
Tetsu_old
Story and characters.
Quaraezha
What are the most important aspects*

Anyway, I'd choose everything except Merchandise and Cosplay
But mostly Characters, Animation/Drawing Style and Story
CapnDavid
It's really hard to decide on the polls, since there is only two votes.
-Athena-
Anything that doesn't involve yaoi, >=50% loli, i'm fine with. Most important to me is basically a female character i can relate to lol
mathexpert
Unfortunately, I kinda judge an anime by its cover, because if it has mediocre/bad art and animation, I probably won't watch unless it has very good reviews.
sasuisgay
Story and the art for me
Haseo_old
Music and Story. I would've chosen Moe stuff too, if there were 3 available votes instead.
hoihoisoi
Story and Genre. Prefer more of a comedy based manga with good storyline, no fighting. I'd chosen moe and characters too actually...
ampzz

hoihoisoi wrote:

Prefer more of a comedy based manga with good storyline, no fighting.

This threads title wrote:

Hmmm.
hoihoisoi

ampzz wrote:

hoihoisoi wrote:

Prefer more of a comedy based manga with good storyline, no fighting.

This threads title wrote:

Hmmm.
Sorry, I tend to type the word 'manga' a lot. It's a habit of mine. Yea, so I guess it's anime.....
LunarSakuya
My first impression usually comes from drawing style, but then it's the story and characters i aim for
yaoi's nice too
mathexpert

LunarSakuya wrote:

yuri's nice too
R y U
Umm... Drawing Style and Music...
and... yaoi
Locher
Character and good Music.
You know, if there are quite good balanced characters, you'll automatically feel with them.
They become dear to you, even though the story might be horribly retarded, you will be forced to hope for the best of them.
And...music, well, it's a buzzthing, i wanted to take entertainment or fun, because Slice of Life things are quite fun and if the interaction between the characters are amusing and entertaining, i will gladly watch anything. -> Spice and Wolf.
show more