forum

That Poppy - Lowlife

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pappy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 4 września 2017 at 21:25:49

Artist: That Poppy
Title: Lowlife
Tags: that illuminati bubblebath
BPM: 146
Filesize: 4691kb
Play Time: 02:55
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (3,6 stars, 395 notes)
  2. Simple (1,88 stars, 223 notes)
Download: That Poppy - Lowlife
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Baby you're the highlight of my lowlife <3
riffy
Yo!

General
  1. Remove "that" from the tags, you don't really need it. Instead, add Titanic Sinclair that's literally the dude who made Poppy whatever she is now. Also he writes music and does creative stuff. Long story short Poppy = Titanic
  2. I'd pick a more accurate set of names. Average/Challenging would fit better as the set is closer to N/H spread, rather than E/N.
Simple
  1. With the rhythm density and BPM you have, it could use Approach Rate 5 to make things look a little bit neater.
  2. Assuming you intend to follow the vocals, I'd expect more stuff to be mapped in a more accurate way 00:29:518 - or 00:47:806 - seem to be ignored and at times the thythm feels a little spammed.

It feels like you were treying to switch the rhythms here and there and ended up with a mixture of vocals and drums that at times gets pretty inbalanced in terms of rhythm density. For insntance, 00:45:340 (4,5,6,7,1) - the way density suddenly decreases even though the vocals and the instruments are played pretty much the same way.

The best solution to this is to look through the rhythm, decide which line you'd prefer to focus and stick to it as much as possible. If it helps, vocals are easier to follow but more technical in terms of the rhythm and drums are easier in terms of rhythm but may get quite confusing when there are vocals taking away the lead.

I guess I just can't quite agree with the rhythm choice here. However, the other difficulty also handles rhythm differently, so we might need to analize that and see if we can copy rhythmical things in a simplified manner from the easier difficulty.
Advanced
  1. There's also some inconsistency, for instance, 00:02:600 - and 00:04:244 - are pretty much identical beats. Yet, they are mapped differently. Then, the same happens with 00:05:066 - 00:01:778 - clap sounds. I'd go through the intro and try to be more consistent with the rhythm.

Also, jumps feel inconsistent as well, for insntance 00:18:628 (6,1) - definitely needs a jump (downbeat, supported with a heavy bass sound and vocals + consistency). Things like 00:39:998 (6,1) - also vary from kiai to kiai in terms of jumps, here, compare with 01:39:176 (6,1) -
    Poppy made a video on how basic and repetitive Lowlife is at some point, I guess it should be quite clear that aconsistency is very important.

for now, I'd say that the jumps is what needs some more work, maybe the rhythm in the intro could b elooked through as well.