forum

Can't SS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard
Pretty much anything over 2 stars I am rarely able to get 100% accuracy. I can SS most 1 star songs pretty easily though. The highest SS i have is on a 2.45 star (A 1.85 star with doubletime). It's not that I'm absolutely horrible, it's that I'm always so close to SS but can never get it. Anything in the 2-2.5 star range i always get 99.75-99.95% accuracy with a score around 990,000. I'm always so close, it's just those 2-4 200s every fucking time that are pissing me off. I should be hitting all 300s. I have close to 300 hours (my profile says 244, but it's not counting the period I spent offline). And I don't think I'll ever SS a 3 star. Does anyone else who has played as much as me have this problem as well? And does anyone else feel they can offer any advice? I feel like I'm a huge out lire here.
Tripletth
Play more lol
Yyorshire
ive played this game for about 2 years and ive only ever SS'd like three or four 3 star songs and maybe one 4 star, ive done a couple 2 stars songs but that only came after being able to do 5 stars and 6 stars (i suck at acc)

point is that SS's shouldn't really be too important and focus on other skills first or else you are just limiting what you can do to accuracy, which is probably the most frustrating thing to improve on
abraker
My 4k no mod stats (slightly outdated)

johnmedina999
You sure as hell won't be able to SS anything if Score v2 rolls out as is.
Veracion
don't play converts, get better at control while improving your accuracy, it's all practice and patience
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard

johnmedina999 wrote:

Oh fucking God. I've never gotten 1,000,000 points on any ranked song, no matter how low the difficulty is. I don't like V2 at all.
Edit: Never mind, I just got 1,000,000 in a ranked song, but it was a fucking pain.
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

SS will need to be redefined
Vladimir Puchin

RhythmRetard wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Oh fucking God. I've never gotten 1,000,000 points on any ranked song, no matter how low the difficulty is. I don't like V2 at all.
No matter what the OD is, the timing window for rainbow 300 or max or whatever people call it is always +-16.5ms. So I doubt you will get any 1 million score unless you're one of the top accuracy players.

Also, what's with score v2? I don't know much about new updates.
NightNarumi
Dont know about those score v2 updates, but I dont bother in SS'ing low star maps.
Its too frustrating like you said and I cant SS maps with confidence either.
abraker

NightNarumi wrote:

Dont know about those score v2 updates, but I dont bother in SS'ing low star maps.
Its too frustrating like you said and I cant SS maps with confidence either.
The reason I'm staying away from std in a nutshell
Stickman92
does SS'ing really matter?
Todestrieb

Stickman92 wrote:

does SS'ing really matter?
Why wouldn't it matter?
Veracion
Yes cause else why would you have that rank?
Also it can be what accuracy players aim for, so it would be beneficial to have that rank not being impossible for harder charts.
Stickman92
ohh, didn't think of that. I'm not an accuracy player so i don't really find SSing fun. I just work on my accuracy once i think i improved a good amount (to reinforce what i know)