forum

3* -> 3.5./4* Impossible

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SMABSO
Hi,

I've been stuck at 3* maps for quite a while.. It seems the difficulty spike from 3* to anything even slightly higher is very steep

Is there anything I can do to get better for 3.5* and above?

My page: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/9694492

Thanks
Xassie
When I was this level I had started play a lot of jump training maps. That helped me a lot. But in general you just have to play more maps that harder than your level and you will able to read them
Ryoid
Play more harder maps
_yui
Only playing maps that are in your comfort zone isn't going to make you better. Play more difficult maps (I'd say high 3* and low 4*), preferably ones that you can get a B rank on, and don't grind the same map(s) over and over again.
Deva
Play more
ManuelOsuPlayer

SMABSO wrote:

Hi,

I've been stuck at 3* maps for quite a while.. It seems the difficulty spike from 3* to anything even slightly higher is very steep

Is there anything I can do to get better for 3.5* and above?

My page: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/9694492

Thanks
Don't lose tons of time retrying the maps what you're stucked with. Play them once and go next. If you feel hard stucked back to easier ones and work on improve your scores there before try again 3*. Play the hardest 2* maps and the ones what you did worst. You can also join a 2-3 or 2'5-3'5 multiplayer room and have fun there. Play sometimes low 4* for fun.
kai99
change skin
worked for me
hayate13

Putin420 wrote:

Only playing maps that are in your comfort zone isn't going to make you better. Play more difficult maps (I'd say high 3* and low 4*), preferably ones that you can get a B rank on, and don't grind the same map(s) over and over again.
this guy gets it
Edgar_Figaro
Kinda funny though most new players seem to have the exact opposite problem. So often I see new players that their entire top plays are filled with C ranks on stuff they are just whack-a-moleing claiming to be able to play 5* and wanting to be able to play 6* maps (which they really aren't "Playing" 5* maps) kinda refreshing to see someone trying to play maps well before moving on to next level. Just don't get too caught up on SS farming or FCing everything.
HairyHarry
Thats what frustrates me the most...i have so many 3* ss and fc´s and a 99.3% acc but when it comes to harder maps i fail a lot....i wont get any pp from 3* maps anymore...then i see some people with 88% acc but they can finish so many 5* maps...and all their topplays are just b´s and c´s...when i finish 4* maps with a "b" or "c" i still dont get pp....wtf :D

my plan is to play 3* maps for warmup and after the warmup i just play 4* to improve my skills and to stay on 4* level, my best plays were months ago...i had a lot of longer breaks from osu but it feels like i´ve hit a huge wall...
ManuelOsuPlayer
If you can SS 3* and you miss at 4* then play 3'5 xD
HairyHarry
lol :D
i meant 3 - 3.x* :D
just check out my plays and you know what i mean xD
ManuelOsuPlayer

HairyHarry wrote:

lol :D
i meant 3 - 3.x* :D
just check out my plays and you know what i mean xD
Your top play it's 3'8* Play around there.
realy0_
Same problem, i can sometimes FC with DT hidden 3,5* but not passing 90% of 4* and more
ChibiDesu
Play harder and harder maps, something you can pass for ~80%. Play patterns you can't play, jumps you can't aim that well, try a bit longer streams etc. Even if you will suck for a while, I am pretty sure you can get to higher star ratings and gain some pp from good plays if you try what I said above.
W0n
I've been there. What I did was just push myself to play only 4 stars for a month. At first it was really hard and frustrating but after a while I slowly advanced and started to pass harder maps.After a month I've been able to pass pretty much any 4 star with a good amount of acc. Just keep trying and you'll get there.
KupcaH

W0n wrote:

I've been there. What I did was just push myself to play only 4 stars for a month. At first it was really hard and frustrating but after a while I slowly advanced and started to pass harder maps.After a month I've been able to pass pretty much any 4 star with a good amount of acc. Just keep trying and you'll get there.
Good amount of acc
wow
ManuelOsuPlayer

W0n wrote:

You just build bad habits. You need a base before move to harder maps. And even then you will have to keep improving on your base to improve your overall performance at harder maps.
Rynnavinx

W0n wrote:

good amount of acc.
not really :/