forum

How can I improve at osu when I have trigger finger?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MyGirlMiia95
I use to be a console gamer for the last 10 years, I developed trigger finger in my left index finger because I use to play a lot of console gaming back in the day so my finger kinda locked into place.

My index finger seems to lock up when ever I start going too fast, I can seem to do streams really well, but as soon as I start going faster my finger locks up half way through a stream and its really fucking irritating me because I'm wanting to improve at this game but its just difficult for me with this situation.

My middle finger can move pretty fast perfectly fine, but as soon as my index finger starts going fast it locks up half way through a song and sometimes I can't even complete a 5+ star song without having to take a break.

Anyway I can improve despite having this issue in my left finger? I've read some players using middle and ring finger to play, but I don't have enough control over my ring finger to go fast on stream maps.

I recorded a hand cam video so you guys might be able to see what I'm talking about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvPPLWfxQ1U

Any advice would be grateful, I'm really trying desperately to improve. But this damn trigger finger has just been putting me down lately.
Nao Tomori
cant u just switch to left hand aim right hand tapping
Deva
So basically you have a problem every 6 digit has, congrats
Play more
also try to change your hand position to something more comfortable that usually helps with finger lock
I Give Up
You can't get trigger finger from playing too much console, that's just a myth. The problem is you have developed bad muscle memory and keep tensing too much. Learn to relax and stretch out your whole forearm before playing.
dung eater
Play more. You have more fingers and you can seek treatment for that one finger.
Topic Starter
MyGirlMiia95

I Give Up wrote:

You can't get trigger finger from playing too much console, that's just a myth. The problem is you have developed bad muscle memory and keep tensing too much. Learn to relax and stretch out your whole forearm before playing.
Its not a myth lmao. I have trigger finger in both of my index fingers from playing too much. Im not sure about my other fingers having it, but my other three fingers do tend to sometimes bend in a weird way.
DXPOHIHIHI
Don't use too much force on your index finger, it will help maintain your stamina