Topic Starter
johnmedina999
WHAT THE HELL 1V1 ME EPHEMERAL ILL REK U

im sorry eph please don't exile me
Serraionga
where did he say that
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
To clarify, Ephemeral said this horrendous quote in this week's coffee hour thing. They were talking about why 1-3K and 10+K can't be ranked, and Ephemeral said "I don't even know what a mania is" to avoid the question, and they changed the topic. To be fair, they did say that those keymodes aren't real rhythm games, a statement that probably all mania players disagree with, but they didn't give anything more.

I forgive him though because his comments are ephemeral.

also because I don't need to get exiled
Serraionga
the only mania i know is Sanic Mania & Knuckles The Knuckles featuring Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series & Knuckles The Echidnuckles

░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀██████▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░█████████▄
░░░░░▀▀▀▀█████▌░▀▐▄░▀▐█U HAVE BEEN FASTED BY
░░░▀▀█████▄▄░▀██████▄██
░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀█▄▀█════█▀
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄░░▀▀███░▀░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░▄███▀▀██▄████████▄░▄▀▀▀██▌
░░░██▀▄▄▄██▀▄███▀░▀▀████░░░░░▀█▄THE FAST MASTER
▄▀▀▀▄██▄▀▀▌████▒▒▒▒▒▒███░░░░▌▄▄▀
▌░░░░▐▀████▐███▒▒▒▒▒▐██▌
▀▄░░▄▀░░░▀▀████▒▒▒▒▄██▀
░░▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█████████▀
░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██████▀█
░░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░▀▀▀░░█
░░░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░▄▄▄▄█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄▄▄▀▀▄
▌░░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀
░▀▀▄▄▀SEND THIS TO 7 OTHER PEOPLE OR UR TOO SLOW

Best Regards,
Siongaierra
abraker
I don't think Ephemeral played enough mania to understand what goes into it and I believe he has just slightly been exposed to the culture thanks to some occasional drama over at r/osugame. Ultimately the "I don't even know what a mania is" is a valid response, though a not satisfying one. I have yet to see the latest coffee hour, but if he didn't say that they weren't real rhythm games with sarcasm, he needs to be dragged to the mania subforum and be executed there with extreme prejudice.

From what I understand, the current state of things in VSRG gaming is ultimately awful. Their clients are bad, and osu! is the only easily accessible VSRG that is in development. That is until Mina picked up Stepmania dev recently, but that is just 4k. To keep seeing osu! on not delivering what a lot of VSRG players want is like what Half Life 3 is for many players. People hope, memes are made, it never comes, it dies.

Anyway, I am putting all my money's worth on the lazer's ability to be more flexible in allowing 3rd party servers to save whatever ranking data official servers will not support.
Edgar_Figaro

abraker wrote:

I don't think Ephemeral played enough mania to understand what goes into it and I believe he has just slightly been exposed to the culture thanks to some occasional drama over at r/osugame. Ultimately the "I don't even know what a mania is" is a valid response, though a not satisfying one. I have yet to see the latest coffee hour, but if he didn't say that they weren't real rhythm games with sarcasm, he needs to be dragged to the mania subforum and be executed there with extreme prejudice.
Yeah I get kinda annoyed by the whole "Non-standard gamemodes are minigames" mentality. So many people in this community seem to have that thought.
Ephemeral
hey i didnt say anything about it being "real" or not, just that i had no idea why 1-3k weren't considered. apparently it is because they're not considered in depth enough to allow for ranking from a mechanical perspective, but i find that even questionable
Zekks

Ephemeral wrote:

hey i didnt say anything about it being "real" or not, just that i had no idea why 1-3k weren't considered. apparently it is because they're not considered in depth enough to allow for ranking from a mechanical perspective, but i find that even questionable
hiya there
Ephemeral
begone thot
Zekks
Topic Starter
johnmedina999

Ephemeral wrote:

they're not considered in depth enough to allow for ranking from a mechanical perspective
I know that it's not you saying this, it's the people creating ranking criteria, but there are a lot of very good maps that would fit being ranked that are either 2K or 3K (I don't know about 1K, to be honest), that fit the current criteria perfectly and are very fun to play. They contain patterns that challenge the current meta patterns, and they can be very diverse, especially 3K.

Now, before Khelly comes in and kills me for supporting ranked, having these maps ranked would bring a lot of exposure to these maps, as a large amount of people (sadly) play only ranked.

And I know I might as well be yelling to the wind here, but it's nice to think about these things.
Mogsy
to be fair what even is a mania

what is an osu

who are you people
Ephemeral
WHERE AM I

WHERE'S MY FAMILY
Zekks
HAVE YOU SEEN MY SON?
Serraionga
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?

abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

they're not considered in depth enough to allow for ranking from a mechanical perspective
I know that it's not you saying this, it's the people creating ranking criteria, but there are a lot of very good maps that would fit being ranked that are either 2K or 3K (I don't know about 1K, to be honest), that fit the current criteria perfectly and are very fun to play. They contain patterns that challenge the current meta patterns, and they can be very diverse, especially 3K.

Now, before Khelly comes in and kills me for supporting ranked, having these maps ranked would bring a lot of exposure to these maps, as a large amount of people (sadly) play only ranked.

And I know I might as well be yelling to the wind here, but it's nice to think about these things.
Theoretically 1k can be ranked too, but it is a question of what aspect of it would one find being enjoyed enough of it compared to other keymodes. If you really want to go down the rabbit hole to completely alien territory, then we can also rank storyboards too. I'm sure the creators would enjoy creating such things more than the player experiencing such things, so such creations in the scheme of things would work only as a creativity viewpoint instead of playability. I am not even going to bother trying to justify how such would work out from the rank table's perspective because this concept is either too far ahead of it time and/or too alien for us to even ponder about right now.