forum

I feel like I've hit a wall

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Shinji
I'm getting tired of not being able to get through a map without misses. I always get one miss or some which is annoying me. I feel like I've been decreasing my skill level instead of increasing it. I'm just sick of it. Can anyone give me advice in a way which helps me the most?

Thanks
Deva
Stop playing for pp and FCs, play for fun
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play low * working for SS, where you feel able to get it. Build consistence there and move what you learned to 3* 4* 5*.
Yolshka
Don't be scared to miss ;), It's not a bad thing, can't improve if you never miss.
Imo while missing is definitely upsetting, the frustration should be temporary.
You're not getting worse that's for sure, I think you're totally fine so just keep at it.
Teh Kotak_old
play for fun
Ryoid

Teh Kotak wrote:

play for fun
And pls enjoy the game
Topic Starter
-Shinji
I enjoy the game, but it is frustrating that I can't even play the songs I like. I got kind of a reflex that I insta quit any song when I miss.
And for me it is fun if I get something like pp, but I haven't gotten any real amount since last month or so.

Thanks to all who replied
ManuelOsuPlayer

Zatsu01 wrote:

I enjoy the game, but it is frustrating that I can't even play the songs I like. I got kind of a reflex that I insta quit any song when I miss.
And for me it is fun if I get something like pp, but I haven't gotten any real amount since last month or so.

I quit a lot too because bullshit misses on maps under my skill. Just play easier maps for a while before jump for PP maps.
kai99
eughhhh same .. :(
JeromeTT

Zatsu01 wrote:

Find some long songs which are fun and not too hard, there are some really great songs which are fun to play which don't give much pp.
ManuelOsuPlayer

JeromeTT wrote:

Zatsu01 wrote:

Find some long songs which are fun and not too hard, there are some really great songs which are fun to play which don't give much pp.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/398882?m=0 For example^^
Topic Starter
-Shinji
So should I just like relax for some time and don't aim for pp? Oh and thanks to all of you, I appreciate it :D
N0thingSpecial
You should still push yourself, just not aiming for pp

A while back I took a break from 6* and go back and try to SS 4* marathon maps, it's still challenging just not as physically demanding
Yolshka

N0thingSpecial wrote:

A while back I took a break from 6* and go back and try to SS 4* marathon maps, it's still challenging just not as physically demanding
I'm doing the exact opposite :D .
I find even the peppiest pp maps the be quite demanding, since usually * rating comes with higher spacing, bpm or ar, sometimes all 3 at the same time and it ramps up pretty rapidly.

But there are a ton of very physically demanding maps that don't give that much pp either. Both are equally important but as far as relaxing goes then low 4* maps are perfect. I usually play those late night, while during the day I play something more intense.
Pachiru

Yolshka wrote:

Don't be scared to miss ;), It's not a bad thing, can't improve if you never miss.

Deva wrote:

Stop playing for pp and FCs, play for fun
Those two guys says all the thing you should consider. A videogame is made for fun, so don't be hopeless ;)
I'm having more fun on a beautiful map than on a full jump one to be honest :)
Topic Starter
-Shinji
I think I was wrong about me still enjoying it... I'm just not having fun anymore. I can't play without not thinking about my rank nor my pp.
I just can't. This probably contradicts with everything I've written until now... This whole month is just frustrating me. I've been able to fc and everything. I was cleary better. I have not improven a single bit. That's my view.

Still thanks to you all
Edgar_Figaro
Sometimes when you find yourself not enjoying the game best thing to do is take a break until you want to play again.
My Angel Jeremy
Play camellia maps instead of farm maps they are fun
Topic Starter
-Shinji
My mind's still like it was. I want to improve and be able to fc and get pp. I can't change it. The thing I ask myself is, how did this happen and why. I want to be as good as I was again
Blackheart
I personally managed to break out of my mental pp-focus by playing multiplayer, so you could give that a try. On top of that, it'll help with that nasty habbit of instantly replaying when missing.

Or you could just take a break until you feel motivated again.
Topic Starter
-Shinji
I'm not able to take breaks even when trying ;( I'm kinda addicted to this game
d4m0
You could try playing maps a difficulty higher than you're used to for a little bit, then when you come back to the maps you're stuck on now they'll seem a lot easier.
Topic Starter
-Shinji
Can I ask how do to deal with my frustration? My self hatred increases with every single mistake by now. I'm grateful that you still respond, even when I'm like this. This isn't the only game where I got worse suddenly, so I'm kinda tilted. :(
ManuelOsuPlayer

Zatsu01 wrote:

Can I ask how do to deal with my frustration? My self hatred increases with every single mistake by now. I'm grateful that you still respond, even when I'm like this. This isn't the only game where I got worse suddenly, so I'm kinda tilted. :(
Play 2* maps and slowly up from there trying to SS everything.
Topic Starter
-Shinji
I can't play 2* maps somehow. It feels boring to me, so I mostly quit after some seconds. I want to be able to click the circles in the rythm of faster songs.
And if I by some way miss at a 2* map, I instantly frustrate and think that I could fc 4* maps before, so I frustrate even more.
KupcaH
Play more
Sell your soul to peppy.
Seriously, just play various maps. Technical, slow, fast, jumpy, streamy.
Kondou-Shinichi
If you don't change your mindset that misses are not important and should try harder maps, you're pretty much failing this game
If you really can't, try mapping
dung eater
Try to not miss every circle and if you do, try to not miss it/them harder next time
Topic Starter
-Shinji
This might be a bad idea to write this so early, but I might be get going again. This probably is too early to write, but still I'm happy right now so I think it's okay.
I reaaaaaaally thank all of those who've written here. I hope it will continue to be like this :D

Have a great day !