oh shit waddup
new map hype
new map hype
I don't think I will add any other game modes. There's already a taiko set for this too. x.x
Kisses wrote:adding taiko?
unused hitsounds: soft-hitnormal3.wav
delayed hitsounds: drum-hitwhistle.wav, soft-hitclap2.wav
00:01:645 (1) - 00:04:978 (2) - 00:08:311 (1) - I thought since you already are doing 3/4 sliders you can end these on the blue tick right before because that's where strong sound is.
00:31:645 (1,2,3) - I think this should be consistent with 00:18:311 (1) -
00:33:311 (1) - I think you should adjust the bumps more like https://bor.s-ul.eu/JRkJ1RWM.png so you can bump on all the boom sounds
00:35:395 (1) - I think the bumpy stuff here confuses with the previous bump idea regardless if you take my suggestion or not. - that one isn't supposed to bump, the dent follows the distorted scream
01:00:395 (2,3) - the set up you did here was kind of weird becuase you end up skipping 01:01:332 - (01:04:665 - and this) - those'd be 1/2 beat gaps and i want to avoid those
01:04:874 (3) - again I think the bump at the begining of this slider confuses with the other bumps
01:17:895 (3,4) - I think this 3/4 is awkward because everything before it is strictly 1/1 based, I think you can resolve this and the skipping of the 1/2 beat if you use bouncy sliders.- the song kinda gets a bit awkward here, but i'll think about simplifying it further
01:29:561 (6,1) - I think if you ctrl g this rhythm it would work better since you used 01:28:311 (4) - the follow that similar sound - pretty sure 6 lands on a stronger sound and i want rhythm contrast with 1 so i'll keep the slider
00:11:228 (5) - normally you have slider ends snapped to some sound so I would snap this to the downbeat.
00:34:874 (1) - is this offscreen - not anymore
tbh you should have a normal diff, I think this diff introduced too many difficulty elements like spaced 1/2 long chains of 1/2, and I would say fairly decent amount of clicking 1/2 in a row
same thing, i think you need a proper hard diff, stuff like spaced 1/4 jumps (even via slider) is more a technique for insanes and not hards, and the large amount of doubles is more of a thing for insanes too.
otherwise solid hyper diff
01:32:478 (1,2,3,4) - would be cool if you decreased in spacing cuz the pitch (you use a similar idea 01:37:478 - here)
just because I really believe it I'll say it again even though I don't think you will enjoy reading it again
01:14:249 (1) - 01:20:915 (1) - the use of rhythm (clicking) density as a form of difficulty changing for intensity/pitch emphasis hasn't been used anywhere else in this map and thus I think you should reconsider the approach for these two sliders - i already talked to you about this and i stand firm with how i interpret/want this to play, just straight up launching into 8 1/4 jumps is too stressful here imo, so starting it off on the lower pitched sounds with a reverse works well to prepare the player for the more climactic end sounds
00:34:874 (1) - slider end unsnapped - ayaya
PoNo wrote:[Beginner]00:04:249 (3) - Maybe you can place a slider on this position and finish it on the circle, that looks like using more the music sounds without changing the difficulty of the map same for the next ones
00:33:311 (1) - personnal but that looks better if the spike is on the center of the slider
00:46:020 (1) - Same for the slider thing
00:56:645 (2) - this is a bit weird, you really can't add something here ? looks terribly empty and 00:59:978 (1,2) - you mapped it soo its look really strange - with how the last slider ended there's no possible way to avoid a less than 1/1 beat gap here and since i never used those before it wouldn't make sense to use it now, thus it's empty. I don't like it either but it's a consequence of the song being this way and a beginner diff has to make some sacrifices
01:00:395 (2) - you can extend 1 more reverse if you want - would leave too small a gap, trying to avoid less than 1/1 gaps.
[Advanced]00:11:645 (6) - you can put a circle right there to emphase more the sound, but thats just personnal !
otherwise that diff is fine
[Another]00:27:686 (6,7) - mapping those 1/8 can be cool imo
01:28:415 (2) - Is this a bit too gimmicky for the end of the map ? you never do that kind of things before and now you use this, looks a bit off to me, you should at least use that 1 more time sooner in the beatmap - I don't really see how it's gimmicky, it plays like a normal circle.. we'll see. I did your previous suggestion so 1/8 sliders are introduced earlier now
[Lasse]00:13:103 (3) - maybe you can but it equalized with 00:12:582 (5,2) - to have a better visual. something like https://i.imgur.com/IeTe3vA.png
00:27:895 (1,1,1,1) - whats about making a move variation to emphasis the sound, like you made at 00:55:915 (1) -
01:14:561 (1,2,3,4) - Hard reading and flow, imo something like that is easier to hit https://i.imgur.com/boSr2ZQ.png but just personnal
01:21:124 (3,1) - gap isn't too high ?
01:25:186 (2) - I've tried to stop the reverse on 01:26:020 (3) - then place a slow SV slider on 01:26:228 (4) - and its looks pretty cool too, but the way you made that is nice
01:29:978 (1,1) - with you hitsounds inverting 01:30:395 (1) - looks better, but the playability is harder, just a proposition
[Reverb]00:03:520 (4) - maybe a circle here can be good, try it - mm feels better empty to me
00:21:540 (3,1) - this is a bit hard to read
00:27:895 (1) - maybe 1/8 kicksliders instead of a reverse should fit more - i prefer a reverse
01:32:478 (1,2,3,4) - this is a bit overdone I guess, maybe reduce it a bit - doubt it, the kiai is already quite intense so this spacing is justified imo
cool diff too!
Sorry for the shitmod /w\ good luckk
LowComboFC wrote:debatable have a subjective day
if some of my suggestions overlap with bor's or pono's i am sorry
- 00:16:645 (3,4) - should be consistent with 00:23:311 (2,3,4) - because I think your slider shape usage in the first is cool to emphasize the background sound, kinda sad you didn't do it after too - i did the slider shape thing but the rhythm is different due to different emphasis on the sounds there
- 00:35:395 (1) - purely edgy suggestion but the anchors could land exactly in the white ticks, following the rhythm - read to bor
- 00:37:061 - I don't really like the fact that this beat was completely disregarded.. I guess you need to have a break but I believe the long slider just before was already enough
- 00:46:020 (1) - purely aesthetic suggestion but this circle kind of feels out of place with like, everything else following xd; what about something like this (note: I only moved the circle)
- 00:55:082 (1) - I'm against using a blue tick as a slider head in a beginner diff, if I were in your shoes I'd rather sacrifice a beat to ensure playability.. tbh I would either find a way to have a slider end lead to it otherwise I would completely disregard it - it has leniency and the song actually suggests a blue tick drum here, I think it should be fine
- 00:56:645 - same point as 00:37:061 - read pono
- 01:44:978 (1) - should extend to where 01:45:811 (2) - is as you did it in the intro.. 01:51:645 (1,2) - this one is fine though because there's a buildup in the background but the previous one imo doesn't ask for a different rhythm as it's literally the exact same thing as the intro - listen again, there are some pianos in the back going on x.x
- 00:04:249 (4) - this may be a bit hard to read for the players of the skill level tbh; I would start a long slider at 00:03:520 - and end it at 00:04:040 - or something similar anyway (same goes for respective sections)
- 00:16:228 (3) - kinda weird that you disregarded the blue tick here while you don't in the intro like ?? and also the rest of this section lol and please don't tell me that you follow the beat, you already ignore it 00:15:395 (2) - etc tldr you should decide whether following the beat or the weirdly snapped camellia melody
- 00:38:103 (2) - meanwhile, this doesn't exist on neither the beat nor the melody lol, is there any point of this note existing where it is?
- 01:06:020 (1,2,3) - I don't believe a part of such a low intensity deserves three continuous circles, I would just make it a reverse of something
- 01:15:707 (2) - 01:22:374 (2) - not consistent?? xd
- taking a peak at _83's mod I may agree that you might need a diff between beginner and advanced because it indeed introduced a lot more new elements
everything you pointed out changed in the remap
- 00:25:395 (1,2) - if I were you I'd crtl+g the rhythm as you usually use a double to follow that shitty double sound lol - im pretty sure i hear a double on 00:25:603 (2,3) - tho x.x
- 01:31:749 (6,1,2,3) - I'm having doubts about the spacing honestly, I wasn't able to sightread this I would use a reverse slider instead; also let's not mention you have the exact same spacing in 01:38:728 (3,1,2,3) - but the rhythm distance is doubled
- 00:05:395 (2,3,4,5,6) - why is this pattern more dense while there's nothing different going on? well, the only difference is that 00:05:915 (5) - is now a note too but I don't think you should intensify a whole pattern just for that - piaaanooo
- 00:12:895 (1,2,3,4) - subjective but the change in ds isn't even visible and that's kinda sad cause it should've been, and probably without making it that harder. I would either change its shape, its angle, or buff the ds a little more.
- 00:20:811 (1) - also subjective but I think this should be extended by 1/8 because the sound is continuously held until the next object, you've already used the concept so (as it's also a "special" sound like the other parts you used 1/8 on) I believe it would be a cool addition
- 00:54:874 (1) - I'm not sure if I like the fact that a really strong beat is in the middle of the slider.. I would replace your reverse with something like this - i wanna have the longer held sound actually held rather than following the drum so a reverse gives it nice secondary emphasis
- 01:49:040 - there's a faint sound here that could be followed because the break feels kind of weird, even though it's your call really - would rather have a break xd
- 00:01:957 (2) - no matter how I listen to this (and respective sections) this object is simply overmapped, and tbh I don't know why you're forcing this overmap across the whole map; you use it consistently yes, but it's simply not in the song - it... is in the song, it's a piano note and fairly audible lol
- 00:23:936 (2,3,4) - you use this triple only once in this section where it's heard like 3 times, I don't see any reason for it to be different - the synth goes more noticeably 1/8 here for a short duration and the other times it occurs i have a sliderend there and a sliderend 1/8th triple at this speed plays horribly so i just opted to ignore it those times
- I'm having doubts if 01:18:936 (1,2,3,1) - and 01:19:353 (1,2,3,1) - are the same in the music.. while I can hear the 1/6 in the former one just fine, I can't in the latter one - i can hear the latter and it wouldn't make sense musically if they weren't both 1/6 since they're paired phrases
- 01:35:811 - why is there no object here while there is one 01:29:353 (3) - here :thinking: - the song pauses 01:35:707 (3,1) - if you listen to the overall atmosphere
nothing wrong found at lasse's diff really
I hope I helped, good luck Mir
sdafsf wrote:[ rever:b:]fucking cute
- 00:17:999 (3) - this would work better as 2 circles i think - disagree cute piano thing there
- 00:24:978 (2) - i know its a strong drum beat but having this continous rhythm kinda undermines the melody. and emphesiesed slider end like 00:23:207 (3) - or just a 1/1 break would fit better imo. similarly i think making the drum rhythm clickable in other parts like 00:31:645 (2) - - feels off to me. http://puu.sh/xscA6.jpg this ryhtm would work very nicely imo. these are just examples so if you decide to implement it check for other clickable drums without melody
- 00:31:332 (3) - again 2 circles would fit
- 00:35:325 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - im guessing this is supposed to look chaotic? - yeh
- 01:32:478 (1,2,3,4) - this is too spaced in comparison to the previous 1/4 jumps in the kiai i think
- 00:12:478 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is too little contrast imo
- 00:17:999 (3) - i dont get why you never map this 1/4 it stands out to me so much 00:31:332 (3) - I don't hear it at all
holy fucking shit this took a while to reply to
00:02:374 (3) - The sound this is representing isn't particularly held and actually sharply cuts off. I see that you want to represent the held part of this that starts on 00:02:478 - so I recommend you use a 1/4 reverse here instead. - it is actually held and a 1/4 reverse would overmap the reverse and i don't want that so this is fine as is imo
00:02:895 (1,2,3) - Contrast here is off due to the large spacing between 1,2. I recommend either lowering the spacing between 1 and 2 or increasing the spacing between 2 and 3, since right now there is actually less emphasis to 3. If you lower spacing between 1 and 2 make sure to also lower the spacing between 00:02:061 (1,2) - so that this spacing stands out relatively. - this was a mistake
00:10:082 (1) - I never thought I'd see the day...
00:10:707 (4) - At 00:04:040 (4) - you had an angle change to emphasize the sharp piano sound but here you don't have any such angle change, so I recommend using the same slider arrangement that you had before. - removed angle change
00:35:325 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I have a dream that one day you will stop NC spamming for 1/3. - it's not necessarily for the 1/3 more for just the overall feel of the section, idk how to explain it tbh but it feels just weird to have it all nc'd and that represents it perfectly to me
00:36:228 (1,1) - On a more serious note, I recommend you use a slider instead of a circle here to fit the low held sound as well as using a higher SV for the second slider, since right now due to the lack of motion and the rhythm gap the contrast into the second make these beats feel weaker than necessary. Ending the second slider on 00:36:540 (1) - also lets you represent that "AAAAH" sound and should provide contrast should you increase the SV of the second slider. - i adjusted things here so we'll see how this plays out
00:46:332 (1,1) - Due to the spacing here, the transition into the next section feels really weak. I recommend overlapping the head of this with the tail of 00:46:020 (1) - and raising the SV of the second slider. You could also add a nice swinging motion by ctrl+g on the first slider. - emphasis is more on 00:46:645 - though so i think this is fine?
00:46:853 (1,2,3) - 00:50:186 (1,2,3) - Wrongly snapped, this should be 1/6 and there are 4 notes here.
00:56:645 - Since you're using extended sliders, the sliders in this section and similar sections are very underwhelming in play and don't fit the synth very well I suggest drastically increasing the SV here. - i'm gonna pull the subjective card and say I quite like how these are since the synth doesn't feel like it's decreasing in intensity it's fairly constant so i didn't change the sv
01:16:436 (6,7) - It'd be cool if you made the spacing decrease more obvious here to match the pitch of the synth better and provide more contrast to the next beat.
01:30:915 (2,3) - I think stacking these would work better, since the equal spacing blends these together a bit too much to make it clear on whether or not you're prioritizing synth or piano. - always vocals here so no stack for meh
01:52:061 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I don't think blending together the various instruments for an end stream works too well here since you finish it off with 1/4 jumps, creating an artificial difficulty spike. I would recommend having 01:52:374 (4,3) - as 1/4 sliders to prioritize the piano, switching to drums for the final jumps instead. - whaaaaaaaa they're all just mapped to the drums, no instrument blending involved and the way i made this flow sets up the 1/4 jumps quite intuitively (if you can possibly pass with decent combo i don't think this is that hard to hit since there are harder patterns in the kiai)
00:35:395 (1,1,1,1) - It doesn't make sense that you're using more misleading 1/3 in this difficulty than your top difficulty. The combination of NCing and relatively even visual distance makes this a reading difficulty spike. Musically it also makes sense to pair these 1/3 together and make them both repeats, and you can show the intensity decrease with SV and motion. Something like this could work.
00:40:186 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - I recommend making this an actual buildup by changing 00:41:020 (1,1) - into 1/4 slider + circle patterns and 00:41:853 (1,1) - into stacked circles. You can also make 00:42:686 (1,2,1) - more spaced to have contrast there as well.
01:28:415 (2,3) - Yes.
00:18:103 - I think you should map this note since its part of the melody that you're following, since right now skipping this seems like unnecessary simplification. - i legit don't hear anything there lmfao
00:34:145 (4,5,1) - I know you wanted to make the kick clickable but this is actually a less intuitive rhythm than what you probably intended, since you have a melody focus. I recommend a rhythm to follow the melody while keeping the kick clickable. - i'm actually focusing more on the kicks than the melody here
The amount of 1/4 you use makes this feel relatively dense on AR6, so I recommend using AR7 here.
00:17:061 (4) - I think a 1/1 gap would fit the stop in the synth here, so I recommend using a circle here. - there's a wubwub sound i wanted to catch tho
00:27:895 (2,1) - I think a stack would fit really well here to create a stronger lead in to the next section. - stack is ew, so did slider instead
00:33:207 (5,1) - I think you're better off making this a 3/4 reverse since players will likely hear the skipped kick and get really confused, especially while they're interpreting the 3/4. Would also fit your melody focus better I think. - this is a rhythmical error, fixed it in a different way
00:46:020 (1,2) - I recommend using circles here to provide contrast from the verses, since there are less instruments playing here.
01:06:228 (2,3) - 3 is a fairly weak beat and this is a relatively straining pattern, so I recommend using a 1/2 slider here instead.
The main issue with this difficulty is its long note chains. At this BPM you can be more lenient in note chains than normal, but that still only allows about 10 objects connected with 1/2 gaps unless you have stuff like 3/4 repeats in the mix (in which this is more lenient). Most of the difficulty has lots of long chains so break those up with some 3/4 or larger gaps. I pointed out a few that I found particularly problematic.
00:04:978 (1) - The way the end of this slider overlaps itself is misleading for players at this level due to the way it obscures the slider border. I recommend just straightening out the end here.
00:35:395 (1) - Similar to the above, except you're probably better off using a completely different shape.
00:46:020 (1,1) - I recommend using a more straightforward placement here, since the player will likely have issue interpreting the 3/4 gap due to the visual distance between these two sliders and possibly let go of the slider early. Try this.
00:59:561 (4,5) - These circles seem really out of place due to the faint drums they follow, as well as their high intensity, to the point where I think you're better off starting a slider on 00:59:145 - and ending it on 00:59:665 - I think the drums are fairly audible here so I won't apply this
01:18:207 (1) - I recommend using circles here to break up the massive chain of 1/2 you have.
01:29:978 (1) - Skipping the 1/3 here is probably a good idea since right now you have a massive chain of 1/2 and the player will probably misread this with how its placed in the middle of a long beat chain. I recommend using a circle here.
I don't think the spread between this and the normal is good, since the normal has stuff like passive 1/4, and active 1/2, while this difficulty is mapped with strictly enforced 1/1 (occasional 5/4). You'll probably need to go back and incorporate more passive 1/2 into this difficulty.
00:18:728 (2,3,4) - This even visual distance creates a readability issue in that the player may want to click 4 before 3, so I recommend spacing this out a bit more like you did with 00:14:978 (1,2,3) -
00:52:061 (2,3) - I recommend placing this circle more in the path of the slider like this(you'll need to adjust some following objects to preserve DS) since right now the player may let go of 2 early to hit 3 due to the tight placement.
Fixed all not replied to.
- soft-hitnormal4.wav is unused because you're not using the hitnormal anywhere. 01:37:270 - has a S:C4 line, but all the notes there have Drum samplesets on them. So either incorporate this somewhere in the map or remove the file.
- So both drum-hitwhistle as well as soft-hitclap2.wav has some delay you might want to get rid of.
- 00:14:978 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - 00:22:061 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - So it kinda looks like you were trying to have these consistent, but the latter one is one beat ahead of where the former is. Listen to 00:23:520 - and compare it to 00:16:853 - , for instance. Would probably be more consistent if the pauses in rhythm were on the same places in the song, right? In my opinion it'd be cool if the pause was after 00:17:061 - , like it is on 00:23:728 - , but both ways work. Depending on what you choose to emphasize, 00:16:853 - is analogous to the former.
- 00:17:061 (2,3) - are both similar to 00:18:103 (5,1) - in the map, but not in the song (also it feels like a bit too many circles but maybe that's just me). The above would solve that if you'd emphasize the wub drum instead of the vocal, although if the other way around, 00:17:061 - could be turned into a 1/2 slider to solve this instead. But ye depending on what you did on the previous point, 00:30:395 (2,3) - may also be of interest.
- 00:18:311 (1,2,3) - So (1) has NC here but not (4) at 00:24:978 (4,5,6) - ? Similarly comparing 00:20:811 - with 00:34:145 - .
- 00:26:540 - This part could probably be less ambiguous to 00:19:874 - and allow the cymbal to stand out if you did something like this. Alternatively arranging it like this, or simply ending the slider there instead of repeating.
- 00:54:874 (3) - Considering that you usually NC every measure, this could be a new combo to visually emphasize the difference between surrounding sections here. - yes but i feel like the note afterwards deserves the NC more
- 01:31:228 (4,1) - Seems strange to have such a large gap when the beat is still going. Especially when 01:32:061 - is already similar to 01:31:853 - , so could place a circle there.
- 01:48:311 (1,2) - nice ds, tbh I'd have stacked these to indicate a larger time gap. While you're at it you can apply that to 01:46:228 (2,3) - as well for consistency. Current does work, but it might be easier to interpret if it stood out more visually, and wasn't the exact same as other types of time gaps.
This kiai feels so barren density wise in comparison to the song lol, especially with gaps like 01:13:311 (1,2) - 01:14:040 (3,4) - constantly. Not much we can do about that though unless you want to change the density of other stuff to compensate, although wouldn't think it's worth. - acknowledged but I think the more complicated rhythm choices I went for here offset that density drop.
- 00:58:520 (1) - Should probably not have this offscreen.
- 01:23:311 - Compare NCing with 01:16:645 - , might want to make that consistent.
- 01:29:978 (7,1) - Would swap their combos, both of these sound like they're part of the same pattern in the song, after all.
- 01:50:395 (1) - Isn't your combo concept to only place new combos on the 01:44:978 - 01:48:311 - 01:51:645 - sounds like in Normal? Otherwise 01:43:624 (3) - would have an NC as well.
- 01:53:311 - Was expecting the spinner to start from here like in Normal. Makes more sense in my opinion considering the sounds that are heard.
- 00:14:978 (1,2) - 00:28:311 (1,2) - Feels pretty off compared to other similar spots in the map like 00:15:707 (3,4) - 00:17:478 (2,3) - 00:18:207 (1,2) - or in the song like 00:16:228 (1,2) - 00:18:728 (3,4) - 00:19:561 (3,4) - . Replacing these with doubles would fit much better from what I can tell.
- 00:18:207 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Compare your combos here and 00:31:540 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - . 00:33:311 (1) - may be excused by it's different drum structure, but 00:32:374 (5,1) - might want to be made consistent. Or other way around, you do you.
- 00:20:811 (1) - Would say this makes more sense than 00:34:145 (4,5,1) - in terms of NCing. Applies to 00:59:353 (1) - 01:06:020 - as well. damit mir get your ncs right
- 00:38:207 (1,2) - Would have done this like 00:24:561 (2,3,4,5) - or like this instead, in order to bring more contrast to and from 00:33:207 (3,1,2,3) - . - the rhythm is different here cuz a drum intersects the melody so i had to opt for another double, otherwise they'd be the same
- 00:55:603 (3,4,5) - Similarly to above, you could bring more contrast to the kind of concept you've got at 00:56:645 (1,2) - 01:02:686 (2,3,1,2) - etc, if this weren't of similar rhythm and visuals. Could potentially just replace (4) with a circle to solve this.
- 01:31:540 (5,1) - Former seems more distinct, so would've switched ncs.
- 00:37:061 (1) - btw there's an offscreen slider here as well.