forum

yuiko - Zankou Luminescence (Short ver.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maffe
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 4. syyskuutata 2017 at 21.36.11

Artist: yuiko
Title: Zankou Luminescence (Short ver.)
Source: Enkou Shoujo 2 ~JK Idol Masuzu no Baai~
Tags: visual novel eroge yuiko frill
BPM: 90
Filesize: 2282kb
Play Time: 00:38
Difficulties Available:
  1. Elementary Normal (1,7 stars, 45 notes)
  2. Ponderous Hard (3,49 stars, 82 notes)
  3. Step into this World (4,68 stars, 91 notes)
  4. Wispy Hard (2,77 stars, 66 notes)
Download: yuiko - Zankou Luminescence (Short ver.)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first full mapset.

Note: emphasize with more circles. double check colours
martyur
woah man
Yuuya_ke
yuikonnu
general

• ‣ AIMod stuff:
    Countdown conflicts with Elementary Normal diff.
    Uninherited timing points conflict with Elementary Normal diff.
    Uninherited timing points conflict with Ponderous Hard diff.
    Uninherited timing points conflict with Wispy Hard diff.

Step out of this World

• ‣ 00:18:666 (4,5) - I feel like you're making the snare on 5 weaker with this 1.1x ds-thing, like, I see that you use that spacing consistently with the first half of the kiai but it just doesn't feel right to me
    ‣ 00:23:271 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern is pretty predictable compared to the rest of the object placement in the kiai; even then, what is this spacing → 00:23:798 (3,4) - it's that 1.1x ds-thing again but it's not applied to the same area of the song
    ‣ 00:24:850 (2,3,4,1,2) - spacing is unnecessarily small on purple 1 and 2 and the makes for a poor transition to the latter of the kiai
hard, ponderous

• ‣ 00:04:192 (1,2) - these are really off-beat on 25% playback rate
    ‣ 00:23:534 (2,3) - nerf the spacing if you can because that's a pretty wide jump the player has to make, since this is only a Hard diff
    ‣ 00:24:850 (4,5,6) - you probably shouldn't force players to do 228 bpm triples lol
    ‣ 00:32:876 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - 2 and 4 overlapping looks kinda gross; also, why is 4, 5, 6, and 7 spaced so small
hard, wispy

• ‣ objects in here are also kind of delayed in terms of timing
    ‣ 00:17:877 (3,1) - honestly don't know why the rhythm is what it is, you could've taken a much more easier approach to this by placing 1 on 00:18:140 (1) - since it follows the most prominent sound in the song
    ‣ 00:32:614 (4,1) - why isn't it 2.06x single tear
normal, elementary, my dear watson

• ‣ 00:23:271 (1,1) - it's kind of unnecessary to add that rhythm since it's only a one-time thing
    ... and that's all
also it really helps when you're updating everything while I'm modding, xd
Topic Starter
Maffe

Yuuya_ke wrote:

yuikonnu
general

• ‣ AIMod stuff:
    Countdown conflicts with Elementary Normal diff. >Another thing i forgot to fix for all diffs. Fixed now.
    Uninherited timing points conflict with Elementary Normal diff.
    Uninherited timing points conflict with Ponderous Hard diff.
    Uninherited timing points conflict with Wispy Hard diff. >This was the intro timing issue which i forgot to change for all the diffs. Fixed now.

Step out of this World

• ‣ 00:18:666 (4,5) - I feel like you're making the snare on 5 weaker with this 1.1x ds-thing, like, I see that you use that spacing consistently with the first half of the kiai but it just doesn't feel right to me >The 5 is not a snare that should be emphasized its on a red tick before the start of a new measure. Im following the melody in this diff.
    ‣ 00:23:271 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern is pretty predictable compared to the rest of the object placement in the kiai; even then, what is this spacing → 00:23:798 (3,4) - it's that 1.1x ds-thing again but it's not applied to the same area of the song >I dont think you managed to timestamp correctly so im not sure what you mean. I also dont understand that 1.1x ds-thing.
    ‣ 00:24:850 (2,3,4,1,2) - spacing is unnecessarily small on purple 1 and 2 and the makes for a poor transition to the latter of the kiai >Agreed and fixed
hard, ponderous

• ‣ 00:04:192 (1,2) - these are really off-beat on 25% playback rate >Forgot to change them on all the difficulties :x fixed now
    ‣ 00:23:534 (2,3) - nerf the spacing if you can because that's a pretty wide jump the player has to make, since this is only a Hard diff >Agreed and fixed
    ‣ 00:24:850 (4,5,6) - you probably shouldn't force players to do 228 bpm triples lol >Decided that this is justified because its a high diff hard and a good distinction between wispy hard. However i made it stacked because the emphasis doesnt need to be that much.
    ‣ 00:32:876 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - 2 and 4 overlapping looks kinda gross; also, why is 4, 5, 6, and 7 spaced so small >Fixed the overlap but the latter part is completely fine
hard, wispy

• ‣ objects in here are also kind of delayed in terms of timing
    ‣ 00:17:877 (3,1) - honestly don't know why the rhythm is what it is, you could've taken a much more easier approach to this by placing 1 on 00:18:140 (1) - since it follows the most prominent sound in the song >The rhythm is what it is because theres a kick on 3 with 1 being another kick followed into an emphasized snare.
    ‣ 00:32:614 (4,1) - why isn't it 2.06x single tear >Because this is visually consistent with the slider
normal, elementary, my dear watson

• ‣ 00:23:271 (1,1) - it's kind of unnecessary to add that rhythm since it's only a one-time thing
    ... and that's all >Decided to emphasize the piano on that beat to add reasonable variation while remaining in the realm of normal. I ignored the second piano sound due it being overlapped by a drum sound which im trying to emphasize properly in this normal
also it really helps when you're updating everything while I'm modding, xd
Thank you so much for the mod it really helped me out!
Celektus
hi

[ Overall]
  1. You should change some of your combo colors on every diff especially the pure white is a bit much considering

osu! Ranking Criteria wrote:

1. Avoid using combo colors with ~220 luminosity or higher during kiai times. They create bright pulses which can be unpleasant to the eyes.
  2. You might wanna call one of your Hards Advanced, Hyper or something else to differentiate them, not really important just a suggestion

[ Elementary Normal]
  1. I don't get why you used CS4 for a normal diff instead of something bigger to be more convenient for low level players, but it's not a too big of a deal
  2. I think this SV change is a bit to drastic for low level players 00:13:495 - I know that might sound really silly but just make it a bit less drastic like 8,5x SV same goes for this one 00:16:429 -
  3. that overlap is too hard for low level players 00:24:850 (3,2) -

1. Avoid overlapping circles, slider heads, and slider tails. These can be confusing for new players. 1/2 overlaps due to distance snapping are an exception.
  4. low level player migth mis-read the order of these objects 00:32:219 (2,1,2) - I would suggest to rotate 00:32:746 (1,2,3) - by 180° or something
  5. Also lastly your playfield usage could be way better. Not really something unrankable, but it most of the time looks rather cluttered and adds unnecessary emphasis

1. Try to spread your hit object placement evenly across the playfield. Cluttering hit objects in one section of the screen for no reason will make them stand out unnecessarily.

[ Wispy Hard]
  1. @Maffe the jump from normal to hard is too big regarding that hard has a lot of really hard to read rhythms and spacing concepts like 6/4 beat gaps mixed with 1/1 beat gaps at this approach rate.

Also I think having higher but more readable rhythm gaps with either filler or more circles would be way better overall and solve the problem, though that's more up to the GDer

2. I think it's a bit unexpected to read to have a 1/2 stack at the end of the map if pretty much every 1/2 so far has been spaced 00:33:271 (2,3,4,5) - YOu could also map this with 2 1/2 sliders or something else, but stacking them is not introduced in the map until the end which makes it more complicated that it should be.
  3. same as in the normal playfield usage could be improved a bit (not as much as the normal but still worth mentioning) not really unrankable, but please keep that in mind for future maps

1. Try to spread your hit object placement evenly across the playfield. Cluttering hit objects in one section of the screen for no reason will make them stand out unnecessarily.

[ Ponderous Hard]
  1. I think it's a unnecessary reading spike to introduce 1/2 spacing with consecutive circles trough the entire map as always stacking and then breaking it at the end like here 00:33:140 (3,4,5,6,7) - you have some spaced 1/2 but those are always into sliders, so I think making that last pattern spaced out is being inconsistent with your spacing concepts so far. ( I can see it sort of work better then on the other hard tho)
  2. again like the most other diffs playfield usage could be a bit better but is mostly fine (read the end of the other mods for that if you don't mind)

[ Step into this World]
  1. I don't wanna say much, but you might wanna use Stack Leniency 4 so this overlap looks better 00:32:877 (2,2) -
  2. there's a drum sound here which you could hitsound I think 00:23:140 - there might be more like this so look just in case
  3. Overall I think you should ask your Mentor about Slider Leniency so you could use that more effectively in your maps
Topic Starter
Maffe

Celektus wrote:

hi

[ Overall]
  1. You should change some of your combo colors on every diff especially the pure white is a bit much considering >Changed white into a dark navy blue which fits the bg

1. Avoid using combo colors with ~220 luminosity or higher during kiai times. They create bright pulses which can be unpleasant to the eyes.
  2. You might wanna call one of your Hards Advanced, Hyper or something else to differentiate them, not really important just a suggestion
>I will keep it the way it is because its consistent and does imply an easier difficulty of hard

[ Elementary Normal]
  1. I don't get why you used CS4 for a normal diff instead of something bigger to be more convenient for low level players, but it's not a too big of a deal >Changed to CS3
  2. I think this SV change is a bit to drastic for low level players 00:13:495 - I know that might sound really silly but just make it a bit less drastic like 8,5x SV same goes for this one 00:16:429 - >Fixed
  3. that overlap is too hard for low level players 00:24:850 (3,2) - >Fixed

1. Avoid overlapping circles, slider heads, and slider tails. These can be confusing for new players. 1/2 overlaps due to distance snapping are an exception.
  4. low level player migth mis-read the order of these objects 00:32:219 (2,1,2) - I would suggest to rotate 00:32:746 (1,2,3) - by 180° or something
  5. Also lastly your playfield usage could be way better. Not really something unrankable, but it most of the time looks rather cluttered and adds unnecessary emphasis >Fixed

>I will scrap this project eventually due to this because i think i need to change the layout of every object on every diff. Instead i will apply this knowledge to my future maps with more success.

[ Wispy Hard]
  1. @Maffe the jump from normal to hard is too big regarding that hard has a lot of really hard to read rhythms and spacing concepts like 6/4 beat gaps mixed with 1/1 beat gaps at this approach rate. >I will remember that in my future maps

Also I think having higher but more readable rhythm gaps with either filler or more circles would be way better overall and solve the problem, though that's more up to the GDer >I will remember this in my future maps

2. I think it's a bit unexpected to read to have a 1/2 stack at the end of the map if pretty much every 1/2 so far has been spaced 00:33:271 (2,3,4,5) - YOu could also map this with 2 1/2 sliders or something else, but stacking them is not introduced in the map until the end which makes it more complicated that it should be. >Fixed
  3. same as in the normal playfield usage could be improved a bit (not as much as the normal but still worth mentioning) not really unrankable, but please keep that in mind for future maps >I definetly will keep that in mind

[ Ponderous Hard]
  1. I think it's a unnecessary reading spike to introduce 1/2 spacing with consecutive circles trough the entire map as always stacking and then breaking it at the end like here 00:33:140 (3,4,5,6,7) - you have some spaced 1/2 but those are always into sliders, so I think making that last pattern spaced out is being inconsistent with your spacing concepts so far. ( I can see it sort of work better then on the other hard tho)
  2. again like the most other diffs playfield usage could be a bit better but is mostly fine (read the end of the other mods for that if you don't mind)

[ Step into this World]
  1. I don't wanna say much, but you might wanna use Stack Leniency 4 so this overlap looks better 00:32:877 (2,2) - >I will remember this for future maps
  2. there's a drum sound here which you could hitsound I think 00:23:140 - there might be more like this so look just in case >I was just focusing on white ticks for some reason. It feels simple and good to me that the hitsounds are minimalist
  3. Overall I think you should ask your Mentor about Slider Leniency so you could use that more effectively in your maps
>I am aware of this just happened to not use it well in this map
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.