forum

is play offline most of the time actually bad habit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
as you can see my playcount is considered low compared to my performance.
I've been played offline mostly to prevent myself from knowing wether if I'm talented or not and to stop comparing myself to other, also to free myself from my own expectation.
But now I really have no idea how much I've played this game, do I actually play more or less compared to other? I know playcount is not a good parameter to judge skill and improvement but at least it could help a bit rather than totally blind with your playcount.
Also, I've become more vulnerable to panic attack from time to time resulting me to almost totally stop farming pp.
And somehow I've lost faith to play more without knowing my actual playcount, what I do now is just play for fun and play noticeably less because the fun gone faster.
dung eater
It's not bad and low pc looks fancy.
Edgar_Figaro

Ninonuko wrote:

as you can see my playcount is considered low compared to my performance.
I've been played offline mostly to prevent myself from knowing wether if I'm talented or not and to stop comparing myself to other, also to free myself from my own expectation.
But now I really have no idea how much I've played this game, do I actually play more or less compared to other? I know playcount is not a good parameter to judge skill and improvement but at least it could help a bit rather than totally blind with your playcount.
Also, I've become more vulnerable to panic attack from time to time resulting me to almost totally stop farming pp.
And somehow I've lost faith to play more without knowing my actual playcount, what I do now is just play for fun and play noticeably less because the fun gone faster.
See I always thought that people who played offline did it so they could gain a ton of skill without gaining playcount and then look extremely impressive to other players being able to "improve so rapidly"
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
I won't write that I play offline on userpage if I do so.
Deva
You won't be able to farm your precious pp because the world can see how shit you are
Teh Kotak_old
Get on my offline level
Ryoid

Teh Kotak wrote:

Get on my offline level
This guy off the line
Teh Kotak_old
Don't try to get close or even talk to me if your reason to do it is just because of the same flag, I won't be nice if you do so.
I like your style
Yolshka
Tbh i really don't like playing offline, its just so lonely, for me it kinda ruins it.
Ive always been playing online, packing a good amount of hours /playcount, which might be due to the lack of talent who knows. Doesnt bother me though :P
Also i don't think we have good enough tools to measure improvement, you can tell if you improve for sure.
Ninonuko, you could try playing online again, even if you're not going for the ranks, maybe that'll bring back the fun.

The panicking might stay though, I've seen even top players get real excited, so it probably depends on the person.For me it's mostly gone, but i didn't lose interest in the game, in fact....

Imo having high playcount / hours shouldn't discourage you from continuing, in my case I know exactly what i've spent my hours on, and i find my ranking to be pretty accurate tbh, so it would probably be a good idea to keep track of when and what you're doing.
Deva
This is why you're still single
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Yolshka wrote:

Tbh i really don't like playing offline, its just so lonely, for me it kinda ruins it.
Ive always been playing online, packing a good amount of hours /playcount, which might be due to the lack of talent who knows. Doesnt bother me though :P
Also i don't think we have good enough tools to measure improvement, you can tell if you improve for sure.
Ninonuko, you could try playing online again, even if you're not going for the ranks, maybe that'll bring back the fun.

The panicking might stay though, I've seen even top players get real excited, so it probably depends on the person.For me it's mostly gone, but i didn't lose interest in the game, in fact....

Imo having high playcount / hours shouldn't discourage you from continuing, in my case I know exactly what i've spent my hours on, and i find my ranking to be pretty accurate tbh, so it would probably be a good idea to keep track of when and what you're doing.
Actually you made me realize I'm kinda bothered with playcount, I've give up to panic attack and I refused to know my true playcount because of fear of disappointment, that's why I play offline.
I've stopped farming pp and keep playing map I have no chance to get fc on but eventually time comes when I almost fc'd that map and of course I'm gonna choke and I won't or just barely try it again. Good example is 214pp egoistic shooter score which is 2 years ago and I don't even dare to try it again. Oh and I just failed 3/4 fc on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/419588 a few days ago...
I've tried to be an online player couple times and going back to offline player again after a couple chokes, and yes I'm trying again atm.
Thank you for the reply.
also thank you for replying like a human
Aegyo
Please enjoy game even though its really hard sometimes
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
man... you already got 300pp scores before me. I should... play more maybe
nya10

Deva wrote:

You won't be able to farm your precious pp because the world can see how shit you are
pp =/ skill, I saw many people who can play way better consistently with lower pp than those in the higher pp.
Deva

nya10 wrote:

Deva wrote:

pp =/ skill, I saw many people who can play way better consistently with lower pp than those in the higher pp.
what I meant is that he will start shaking when FCing because he cares that others will be able to see he retried 100x that farm map and barely got any pp out of it
and oh my god they might even judge him
Aegyo

Ninonuko wrote:

man... you already got 300pp scores before me. I should... play more maybe
Eyyy I cant get scores like yours. I can only farm LOL
Teh Kotak_old
Playing more makes you a better player, I doubt it matters if you play offline or online as long as you actually put effort on trying to improve
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Impalacable wrote:

Eyyy I cant get scores like yours. I can only farm LOL
so am I.
> 103 online daidai play, 231pp choke.
> ar11 sightread...
Deva
Fak pp I wish I could DT midnight siege
It's not all about pp
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
if farming pp is not a skill than I should be able to do it without trying that much until it appears on my most played beatmap.
Fxjlk
I think its good to play online all the time because Its better for people to think you are bad rather than to for them to think you are cheating.

Also I feel bad if i get a good score offline and its not recorded.

Also its better to not worry what people think of you because you can spend that mental focus on things that are more fun rather than creating anxiety by thinking of the perceptions of others.

Also ranking doesn't even matter unless you are top 50 in osu (and even then it probably doesn't matter)
chainpullz
I mean I'm pretty sure I have more than triple the number of plays recorded on my profile for the past couple of years and I don't even play offline. Playcount and other metrics that appear on your profile have always been rather meaningless.
Deva

chainpullz wrote:

I mean I'm pretty sure I have more than triple the number of plays recorded on my profile for the past couple of years and I don't even play offline. Playcount and other metrics that appear on your profile have always been rather meaningless.
This guy knows
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play offline it's better. You're more focused on your goals and playing what you want to play.
Kondou-Shinichi
well i dont see that your playing offline even, your case isnt that extreme anyway

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Play offline it's better. You're more focused on your goals and playing what you want to play.
isn't that same as online? the fuck
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

I think its good to play online all the time because Its better for people to think you are bad rather than to for them to think you are cheating.

Also I feel bad if i get a good score offline and its not recorded.

Also its better to not worry what people think of you because you can spend that mental focus on things that are more fun rather than creating anxiety by thinking of the perceptions of others.

Also ranking doesn't even matter unless you are top 50 in osu (and even then it probably doesn't matter)
I don't want people think I'm talented nor bad, that's why I never kept a fact that I'm an offline player as secret since the first time. Yes I've been accused cheating couple times because of midnight siege score it doesn't feel good.
Also anxiety problem become worse over time, might be caused by offline playing habit.
I keep wondering myself, how do you even reach that high without farming pp? is that even possible?

chainpullz wrote:

unranked map? even I play in online most of the map I enjoy playing are unranked, even playcount meaningless I just wanted to know how much I've played compared to other, ironically I lose faith to play more without even knowing it.

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

well i dont see that your playing offline even, your case isnt that extreme anyway
yeah maybe... eiji kuinbi should be on my most played beatmap if anything.