forum

Mods are really ineffective

posted
Total Posts
show more
ColdTooth

Faye wrote:

Okay, yeah call out on the mods for "not doing their job" when they clearly are. It's OT, what the hell do you do when there is just chaos everywhere, but in a good way. What, do you think you can do better? Do you have more reasoning behind this or do you just come out of nowhere and think OT isn't supposed to be like this but has been for more than a good 10 months.

More staff wouldn't even help, we have enough as it is, doing their job, moderating not only the OT sub-forum, but others like GD, GnR, Introductions, help, their language sub-forum, and so on.

So, what do ya do?
Passive aggressive hm?
And yeah, you would imagine that after Enetro fucked with the forum for so long SOMEBODY would do SOMETHING about it. I was posing a legit criticism with no harsh intention, chill the fuck out.
You can call me passive aggressive, but atleast I have the balls to explain why I'm acting in such a way. Maybe I took your post way too seriously, maybe I threw in some salt of my own into the pot, maybe I just misinterpreted what you stated beforehand and my tired self got in the way of it.

It's OT, what do you expect. Sometimes it's fun to poke around these kinds of people, I was actually wondering that myself, about why he didn't get silenced or someone to tell him to not be edgy, but he continued on and on for months and I found it funny actually. But what am I on, probably smoking ice over here without realizing it.

And oh, aren't you... cool to tell me to chill. I am ColdTooth, the Ice Princess. I don't just chill when people tell me to, I chill whenever the hell I want to chill.

Maybe I got a little aggressive, maybe... but whatever, lemme just continue nibbling my salty, buttery popcorn over here. Gosh, this is so delicious.
Faye
Passive aggressive hm?
And yeah, you would imagine that after Enetro fucked with the forum for so long SOMEBODY would do SOMETHING about it. I was posing a legit criticism with no harsh intention, chill the fuck out.
You can call me passive aggressive, but atleast I have the balls to explain why I'm acting in such a way. Maybe I took your post way too seriously, maybe I threw in some salt of my own into the pot, maybe I just misinterpreted what you stated beforehand and my tired self got in the way of it.

It's OT, what do you expect. Sometimes it's fun to poke around these kinds of people, I was actually wondering that myself, about why he didn't get silenced or someone to tell him to not be edgy, but he continued on and on for months and I found it funny actually. But what am I on, probably smoking ice over here without realizing it.

And oh, aren't you... cool to tell me to chill. I am ColdTooth, the Ice Princess. I don't just chill when people tell me to, I chill whenever the hell I want to chill.

Maybe I got a little aggressive, maybe... but whatever, lemme just continue nibbling my salty, buttery popcorn over here. Gosh, this is so delicious.
I didn't actually intend the pun about the 'chill' thing. XD
And yeah, probs just mis-interpreted my post. It happens - and I'm all for poking fun at these people. Enetro is a meme and long may he live. It's more of a confusion I had with the situation as most forums tend to curate this to an extensive degree. It's probably my fault for not juxtaposing my point clearly.
Uni
Hi im kai
Ryoid
Well, you can say that again
Serraionga
Greetings. I, too, identify as an individual with the name of kai.
kai99

Meah wrote:

hi im kai

Uni wrote:

Hi im kai

Serraionga wrote:

Greetings. I, too, identify as an individual with the name of kai.
Aurani

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Ah, the classic "I deserve punishment for my sins, please validate me by punishing me!"

Keep your masochism fetish to the online erotic roleplaying communities fam, don't push your kink on the moderation team
I think I know exactly what the problem with this forum is.

Most forums that have children as the main playerbase feature HEAVY regulatory processes so as to stunt the growth (or to nip the bud) of potential anarchic behaviour which would inevitably lead to this very situation we find ourselves in.

I mean, we can argue that Osu forum's userbase is filled with degenerates merely because of the target demographic (weebs) that extends onto the fact that most of them have incredibly low self-esteem and have absolutely no social skills, so it could explain this whole situation, and certain moderators give credibility to such a claim.
We must, however, remember that there are plenty of forums with weebs that have far less stupidity seeping through their veins, so we can come to a conclusion that if nothing, the rule set of this place, while decent, is not compatible with its userbase.

tl;dr This place should be treated as a kid forum and have extremely strict rules that discourage the behaviour of the so-called "shitposters" or other imbeciles. If nothing, it will repel further spread of such tumorous behaviour.
Tae

Foxtrot wrote:

please don't leave

we need more dark enetro
Edgar_Figaro

Aurani wrote:

tl;dr This place should be treated as a kid forum and have extremely strict rules that discourage the behaviour of the so-called "shitposters" or other imbeciles. If nothing, it will repel further spread of such tumorous behaviour.
Hmmm Am I too old to be playing this game lol?
Aurani
Nah, you're never too old to play any game, if you have the time for it.
You might not find much love for the forum, however.
-Makishima S-

DJ Enetro wrote:

I swear mods legitimately don't listen to users complaints, I really expected to be silenced or something like that

Even the Town of Salem community is better at weeding out potential toxicity than osu!, maybe because of the size? Or the users/mods ratio?

Anyways, because mods can't do that and because of my behavior I will silence myself from the osu!forums completely for a month. Someone please give me the time I should come back one month from now in UTC, I can just -9 hours from there for HST.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still lurk on forums, play osu and chat on discord but still.

Sorry guys :cry:

(Seriously tho, give me the time)
(October 1 2017 5:12 PM HST (GMT -9)) since you guys aren't that kind enough to give me the time
Bye, nobody seriously care
Fxjlk
I'm offended by the entirety of OT

LOCK EVERY THREAD OR RIOT
abraker

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

I pick RIOT
Faye

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

RIoT Itt ISSSsss!
Serraionga
just reminding you guys that we won't have any enetro action until october

i hope you guys are willing to live with that
Faye

Serraionga wrote:

I wasn't around long enough to see most of it, so I won't be bothered
abraker

Serraionga wrote:

RIOT
Ashton

Aurani wrote:

Sorry but that's a horrible idea. Considering a shitpost is a the beginning of a "not-so logical discussion", off-topic would be the perfect place to shitpost, considering that's literally the forum's sub title. If we had strict rules like a forum for children, off-topic would almost be the exact same as GD. I mean, you shouldn't have to worry about quality in OT considering GD is for quality non-related posts. OT should be a place for shitposts, and non-serious discussions. Yes, the one a day post rule would help prevent spam, but exiling people for making a subjectively useless/stupid post is dumb, even if they follow rules. Exiling people for spamming is conpletely different, then the 'exile strike' or whatever would feel more justified.
Zekks

Canadian Baka wrote:

Sorry but that's a horrible idea. Considering a shitpost is a the beginning of a "not-so logical discussion", off-topic would be the perfect place to shitpost, considering that's literally the forum's sub title. If we had strict rules like a forum for children, off-topic would almost be the exact same as GD. I mean, you shouldn't have to worry about quality in OT considering GD is for quality non-related posts. OT should be a place for shitposts, and non-serious discussions. Yes, the one a day post rule would help prevent spam, but exiling people for making a subjectively useless/stupid post is dumb, even if they follow rules. Exiling people for spamming is conpletely different, then the 'exile strike' or whatever would feel more justified.
Stefan
guro

Stefan wrote:

∠( `´ _ J `)/
Serraionga
STOP.

NEW PAGE TIME.

ColdTooth

Stefan wrote:

I have officially lost exactly nine quadrillion, eight-hundred and sixty-one trillion, two-hundred and nineteen billion, four-hundred and eighty-eight million, seven hundred and three thousand, sixty-nine brain cells.
Chaos
I'm really ineffective at sleeping

I'm sorry :(