forum

Camellia - Ethnik Khemikal Teknologi

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mking
Hey there! here from my modding queue ~

[General]
Overall I like the song and the map, but I'd request to up the CS to 3 maybe, as this would fit it still and it would make the map slightly harder + it will buff the star rating to over 5 stars which fits the map better (actually 4.99 but oh well)

[Tropikal Karnivorous Khimera]
00:48:035 (5,6) - slider doesnt feel in line which it could be for aesthetics
01:20:035 (4,5,1) - maybe have 4 and 5 aim at the slider instead of to the other side, like this
01:21:035 (1,2,3) - space these like 01:21:635 (4,5,1) - these as theyre almost the same pattern
01:43:835 (1) - ctrl g
02:22:235 (1) - make this slider part of the spaced stream? its a different sound + would buff the diff to over 5 stars with cs 3 xd
04:40:535 (2,3,4,5) - switch 3 and 5? flows better

Not really that much but its pretty clean already its so nice hope it gets ranked
gl!
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Mking wrote:

Hey there! here from my modding queue ~

[General]
Overall I like the song and the map, but I'd request to up the CS to 3 maybe, as this would fit it still and it would make the map slightly harder + it will buff the star rating to over 5 stars which fits the map better (actually 4.99 but oh well) A change like this can always be reverted, so I'll bite and see if it sticks.

00:48:035 (5,6) - slider doesnt feel in line which it could be for aesthetics Fixed
01:20:035 (4,5,1) - maybe have 4 and 5 aim at the slider instead of to the other side, like this
These are to accentuate the 2 ways the bass moves in this section. At the end of the bar, it either moves upwards or downwards. If upwards, this type of movement is used. If downwards, spaced straight lines are used.
01:21:035 (1,2,3) - space these like 01:21:635 (4,5,1) - these as theyre almost the same pattern They may be similar play-wise but they're representing two very different musical motifs; ergo they can't be mapped the same.
01:43:835 (1) - ctrl g Ok.
02:22:235 (1) - make this slider part of the spaced stream? its a different sound + would buff the diff to over 5 stars with cs 3 xd Sure I could change how its designed a bit, although I don't think it's enough to push it a bit higher.
04:40:535 (2,3,4,5) - switch 3 and 5? flows better I don't agree.

Not really that much but its pretty clean already its so nice hope it gets ranked
gl!
Cheers for the mod.
Saltssaumure
Hi from my modqueue.

[TKK]
Maybe increase OD to 8.5? I shitspam through the streams yet I always seem to be hitting 300s.
02:27:435 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - change to 1/3 rhythm isn't readable here, as the shape of the sliders is still very similar to those before. The new combo colour helps somewhat but it's also used for regular rhythms in other parts of the map, so it doesn't clearly indicated a change in rhythm.
02:51:435 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - this part feels quite jarring. the music slowly increases in intensity, but here it goes from slow 1/1 directly into a spinner (which is variable intensity, but most people will go as fast as possible).
03:29:835 (1) - uninteresting slider shape.
04:41:835 (1,1,1) - might be unrankable bc they're almost identical and stacked on top of each other. also ctrl+g the last one to show that it's shorter rhythm?
04:55:035 (2,3) - could use different slider shapes to represent the "screeching" sound better.

This is pretty darn cool bc even with the highly variable SV it never forces you to sliderbreak. Good luck with the map!
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Saltssaumure wrote:

Hi from my modqueue.

[TKK]
Maybe increase OD to 8.5? I shitspam through the streams yet I always seem to be hitting 300s. I was doing some previous testing on ODs and I came to the conclusion that while low bpm isn't common, it shouldn't be catered for, so I settled with OD9. This confirms my assumption, so that's nice.
02:27:435 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - change to 1/3 rhythm isn't readable here, as the shape of the sliders is still very similar to those before. The new combo colour helps somewhat but it's also used for regular rhythms in other parts of the map, so it doesn't clearly indicated a change in rhythm. As far as tampering without the SV goes, this is easily done by making the first slider a reverse slider.
02:51:435 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - this part feels quite jarring. the music slowly increases in intensity, but here it goes from slow 1/1 directly into a spinner (which is variable intensity, but most people will go as fast as possible). I thought it best to have two instances of an increase and decrease in difficulty separated by the break. I can see how this can be jarring, but I'll have to think about if this section needs something more over a longer period of time.
03:29:835 (1) - uninteresting slider shape. That can be arranged.
04:41:835 (1,1,1) - might be unrankable bc they're almost identical and stacked on top of each other. also ctrl+g the last one to show that it's shorter rhythm? I've alleviated all these concerns apart from the stacking. Hopefully this will suffice.
04:55:035 (2,3) - could use different slider shapes to represent the "screeching" sound better. That can also be arranged

This is pretty darn cool bc even with the highly variable SV it never forces you to sliderbreak. Good luck with the map!
Cheers
Gordon
From my modding queue with Scarlet!

Overall looks and seems very fun to play. Just have a few things to point out and all

Mod
00:31:435 (3) - Fill the reverse to the next white tick sounds a bit better though I know you'd want the sudden gap in music. I mean both work well but I think an extended would work well here. Take a listen to it.
00:44:235 (4) - ^ Same
00:47:035 (2) - You can get away with putting a note here on the blue tick before the slider.
01:01:435 (3,4,5) - Might be a little bit of a jump in difficulty since mostly everything in this section is closer together. 01:03:235 (3,4,5) - Spacing like this would be fine for the 1:01 timer mark.
01:04:635 (3,4,5,6) - I'd bring this 4 notes closer to the long reverse cause this will be susceptible to breaking early on. Which you are probably aiming for. But so far the first minute has been close knit patterns. SO maybe keep that in mind
01:41:035 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Interesting concept I just don't know if it looks clean or not. Maybe look back at and think of other patterns? Like it seems fine and playable it's just confusing me.

Really liking the stream shapes between 2:09 and 2:22 GJ

02:25:335 (4,5,6,7,8) - Intentional I know but it doesn't look clean to me. Feels like 8 is in no-mans-land. Either space out 6 and 7 more or make the 5-8 closer.
02:32:235 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Like the last one of these review look over different patterning maybe. Never really encountered a stream like this.
03:36:235 (1) - Maybe a new shape for this slider? Could get a little more creative. Explore
04:59:335 (6,1) - Gap here might be a little over the top.
05:15:435 (1,2,3) - Rethink spacing
05:17:735 (4,5) - Seems like a weird jump
05:21:635 (3,4,1) - Spacing. Though intentional and playable I know
Overall watch some of the spacings on the streams

BG Video is littttty!

Overall really fun map! Keep it up broham

Soul/Mistaken~
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Mistaken wrote:

From my modding queue with Scarlet!

Overall looks and seems very fun to play. Just have a few things to point out and all

Mod
00:31:435 (3) - Fill the reverse to the next white tick sounds a bit better though I know you'd want the sudden gap in music. I mean both work well but I think an extended would work well here. Take a listen to it. Even if it would sound better, it seems very wrong to have a 5-note repeat slider in a map that only has 4-note repeat sliders or extended higher division sliders. I see what you mean, but ontop of that it wouldn't represent the vocals anymore so I'd have to pass.
00:44:235 (4) - ^ Same
00:47:035 (2) - You can get away with putting a note here on the blue tick before the slider. The only reason 00:40:035 (2,1) - this works is because (2) inhabits a red tick. This one sits on a blue and doesn't have the sound I'm looking for.
01:01:435 (3,4,5) - Might be a little bit of a jump in difficulty since mostly everything in this section is closer together. 01:03:235 (3,4,5) - Spacing like this would be fine for the 1:01 timer mark. People should be able to handle basic stack spacing emphasis., especially at this circle size.
01:04:635 (3,4,5,6) - I'd bring this 4 notes closer to the long reverse cause this will be susceptible to breaking early on. Which you are probably aiming for. But so far the first minute has been close knit patterns. SO maybe keep that in mind Yeah ok.
01:41:035 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Interesting concept I just don't know if it looks clean or not. Maybe look back at and think of other patterns? Like it seems fine and playable it's just confusing me. Most play-testers have no problem with it.

Really liking the stream shapes between 2:09 and 2:22 GJ

02:25:335 (4,5,6,7,8) - Intentional I know but it doesn't look clean to me. Feels like 8 is in no-mans-land. Either space out 6 and 7 more or make the 5-8 closer. Very intentional, not only is it spaced like this in other places like 02:22:235 (1,2,3,4) - here at the start of this section, but it also brings out the synth on 02:25:735 (8) - .
02:32:235 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Like the last one of these review look over different patterning maybe. Never really encountered a stream like this. Without a justifiable reason to tamper with it I don't see much reason to change something that most seem ok with.
03:36:235 (1) - Maybe a new shape for this slider? Could get a little more creative. Explore The 2 previous shapes have been mostly concave, I think it's time for a convex shape, don't you?
04:59:335 (6,1) - Gap here might be a little over the top. People can manage in cs3
05:15:435 (1,2,3) - Rethink spacing As above & see below
05:17:735 (4,5) - Seems like a weird jump After 5mins of tech map, variable spacing is totally playable and not a new concept. If there is a problem with the actual pattern in terms of playability, you need more than to say "It's weird" or so, since that isn't a justification for something to be wrong. Many "weird" things can be/are rankable if applied correctly, so this a statement alone isn't useful to me.
05:21:635 (3,4,1) - Spacing. Though intentional and playable I know As above
Overall watch some of the spacings on the streams

BG Video is littttty! Cheers

Overall really fun map! Keep it up broham

Soul/Mistaken~
ty for mod.
Yuuya_ke
We're detekting ekstreme Slider Velositi levels in your area. Tread kharefulli, eksplorer.
Maxylan
Better late than never, hehe... But I'm back from my vacation and ready to mod!
NM From my "Modding Madness!" queue!

[]

Tropical something something
Let me start off by saying, I like it. I like how it plays and it's somewhat fun with the inconsistencies as they add variety to the somewhat repetitive music, but just keep in mind too many inconsistencies also feels really odd. I can see repeated elements in a lot of places but overall what the song has in gameplay it lacks in rhythm and that's my takeaway from the many playtests I did. Oh yeah, and if I mention something more than once it's a repeated thing, I don't want to point out every single instance because that just makes this a nazi-wall-of-text mod lol

00:33:435 (4,5) - Flows weird.
00:45:635 (2,3,4) - Overmapped because there ain't no sound on blue tick, also wildly inconsistent with 00:32:635 (2,3) - which is the exact same sound.
01:19:735 (2,3) - 01:21:335 (2,3) - This entire part focus on emphasising the white ticks with sliders yet here and there it's replaced with double-taps even if there's no discernable change in the music. Just because it's a repeated element doesn't mean it's a good one since it's so inconsistent with the song.
01:20:035 (4,5,1) - 01:21:635 (4,5,1) - These are also a part of the problem mentioned above, I get the reason you're using double-taps is to allow for these two patterns, but once again, they kind of stick out, a lot. Don't get me wrong I admire that you're trying to bring variety to a repetitive song but do it in a more consistent way if you insist on using this, like implement it more often or the other way around, implement it less often and only when the song supports it.
01:25:735 (2,3) - 01:27:335 (4,1) - I don't like how some of these are angled because they imply movement against the flow. I had no problem with this in playtests but it can feel iffy for players on a 4* level and could follow visual flow better.
01:31:235 (1) - Although there's no problem with this I dislike when people only use a new combo to emphasise a sound instead of adding something more meaningful, like distance, or changing it to a slider.
01:47:435 (1) - 01:49:035 (1) - That's the same sound as all these other bent sliders 01:47:035 (4) - 01:46:635 (1) - yet mapped with a circle making it inconsistent.
02:01:835 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Overlap fiesta. Overlaps do not equal bad all the time, but big clusters overlapping like this does equal bad. With a little more effort put into object placement, I'm sure you can find something more aesthetically pleasing for this part =p
02:09:435 (1,1) - This could lead better into that and this 02:09:635 (1,1) - could lead better into the stream.
02:09:835 (1) - At the risk of sounding rude, the fact that you just made this entire section just a long stream seems really lazy to me. It doesn't fit with the song at all, period, and it's the most questionable rhythm choice so far. The stream spacing getting smaller/larger is the only thing that remotely fits but you don't even have to use lower playback rate to tell that there ain't a sound on every single tick that warrants a stream through the entire section.
02:24:235 (1) - Exactly the same as 02:22:635 (1) - but then you go from an appropriate rhythm choice (sliders) to another stream? Lazy lol =p
[]

This mod is already too long so will cut of there, and sorry for being rude near the end but this map has tons of potential that's why the rhythm choice baffles me. Good luck with the map!
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Maxylan wrote:

Better late than never, hehe... But I'm back from my vacation and ready to mod!
NM From my "Modding Madness!" queue!

[]

Tropical something something
Let me start off by saying, I like it. I like how it plays and it's somewhat fun with the inconsistencies as they add variety to the somewhat repetitive music, but just keep in mind too many inconsistencies also feels really odd. I can see repeated elements in a lot of places but overall what the song has in gameplay it lacks in rhythm and that's my takeaway from the many playtests I did. Oh yeah, and if I mention something more than once it's a repeated thing, I don't want to point out every single instance because that just makes this a nazi-wall-of-text mod lol

00:33:435 (4,5) - Flows weird. I can't discern how you think that.
00:45:635 (2,3,4) - Overmapped because there ain't no sound on blue tick, also wildly inconsistent with 00:32:635 (2,3) - which is the exact same sound. Changed to be rhythmically accurate, but still varied.
01:19:735 (2,3) - 01:21:335 (2,3) - This entire part focus on emphasising the white ticks with sliders yet here and there it's replaced with double-taps even if there's no discernable change in the music. Just because it's a repeated element doesn't mean it's a good one since it's so inconsistent with the song. Changed
01:20:035 (4,5,1) - 01:21:635 (4,5,1) - These are also a part of the problem mentioned above, I get the reason you're using double-taps is to allow for these two patterns, but once again, they kind of stick out, a lot. Don't get me wrong I admire that you're trying to bring variety to a repetitive song but do it in a more consistent way if you insist on using this, like implement it more often or the other way around, implement it less often and only when the song supports it. These patterns closely follow the bass synth variation so if anything they're supposed to stick out.
01:25:735 (2,3) - 01:27:335 (4,1) - I don't like how some of these are angled because they imply movement against the flow. I had no problem with this in playtests but it can feel iffy for players on a 4* level and could follow visual flow better. This isn't intended for normal 4* players. The map is generally under starred.
01:31:235 (1) - Although there's no problem with this I dislike when people only use a new combo to emphasise a sound instead of adding something more meaningful, like distance, or changing it to a slider. I was using this to reset the custom colours, but a jump back to red should be ok on its own.
01:47:435 (1) - 01:49:035 (1) - That's the same sound as all these other bent sliders 01:47:035 (4) - 01:46:635 (1) - yet mapped with a circle making it inconsistent. Can't be avoided, it's mapped so that it's easily identifiable though, perfectly stacked and NC on the object underneath to show it's different.
02:01:835 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Overlap fiesta. Overlaps do not equal bad all the time, but big clusters overlapping like this does equal bad. With a little more effort put into object placement, I'm sure you can find something more aesthetically pleasing for this part =p Harks back to this spacing 01:02:635 (1,2) - which appears throughout the map as an easily identifiable short-hand for 3/4 rhythms.
02:09:435 (1,1) - This could lead better into that and this 02:09:635 (1,1) - could lead better into the stream. If everything lead perfectly into everything else there'd be no impactful gameplay on certain objects.
02:09:835 (1) - At the risk of sounding rude, the fact that you just made this entire section just a long stream seems really lazy to me. It doesn't fit with the song at all, period, and it's the most questionable rhythm choice so far. The stream spacing getting smaller/larger is the only thing that remotely fits but you don't even have to use lower playback rate to tell that there ain't a sound on every single tick that warrants a stream through the entire section. There totally is a sound on every tick. Not only that, but streams provide a good contrast of gameplay from the previous section while also linking it to the 2nd chorus.
02:24:235 (1) - Exactly the same as 02:22:635 (1) - but then you go from an appropriate rhythm choice (sliders) to another stream? Lazy lol =p Answered above.
[]

This mod is already too long so will cut of there, and sorry for being rude near the end but this map has tons of potential that's why the rhythm choice baffles me. Good luck with the map!
tyfm
negusver
M4M from your queue

Disclaimer: I'm not good at judging structure yet. It's likely that some or most my suggestions for rhythm and flow are biased towards my own mapping style and generally inconsistent. Also, as I can't play or pass the map, my judgements concerning movement and emphasis may be off.
Whenever I feel that's the case, I'll try to bracket the suggestion. Feel free to disregard those.

( 00:14:635 (1) - I don't really like the shape of this. The theme doesn't change and merely increases in volume, so I'd try to relate them somewhat with the upcoming sliders and simplify it. Also let it start at 00:16:235 - , I don't hear any relevant sounds before. )
( 00:21:035 (1,1,1,1) - steadily increase in volume, so an idea to represent that would be to increase the sv from object to object. Could do the reverse of this at the end of the song )
( 00:27:235 (1,2) - I think mapping this with circles only would be a good way to distinguish the voice from the intro, also would make 00:28:235 - clickable, which is good i think )
( 00:29:435 (3,4) - I think not stacking these takes away emphasis from 00:30:435 (1) - as it doesn't break the established movement (emphasis of no voice/voice is same rn) )
00:33:435 (4,5,6) - I think the spacing of this is inappropriatly high, volume/tension of music doesn't increase and pitch even decreases from 00:32:035 (1,2,3) - . I'd just arrange them in a stream
( 00:42:435 - I'd like to see this be clickable. Also movement of 00:41:835 (1,2,3) - again takes away emphasis from 00:43:235 (1) - , so I'd use a different rhythm )
00:43:835 (2,3,4) - movement here is so much more than 00:31:035 (2,3) - and I don't see a reason to increase it
00:45:535 (2) - delete this imo, there's no sound
make spacing from 00:45:635 (3,4) - bigger than 00:45:835 (4,5) - because lower volume → less emphasis
( 00:46:635 (1,2) - I think I'd reduce the spacing with this, because you don't really want to have that much movement in breaks )
( 00:48:835 (7,1) - same )
( 00:53:035 (1,2) - I don't like the emphasis of this, I think something like https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... XJlbmh1R00 would do a better job to create a difference in movement towards incoming voice )
( 00:55:435 (5,6) - decrease spacing here, increase at 00:56:035 (8,1) - , because voice is very continuous at 00:55:635 (6,7,8) - and changes at 00:56:235 (1) - )
( 00:56:135 - is very loud, I'd turn 00:56:035 (8) - into circles and do something like https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... 25HOGJIQXM , (of course that doesn't make sense structurally…) )

From 01:18:235 - on I had to check things at 50% playback to understand anything, so my judgements are biased.

( 01:18:635 (1,2,3) - angle ( https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... UZ6aXZlaWM ) and 01:20:035 (4,5,1) - angle ( https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... W9McElfQnc ) play very differently even though its the same motive, same for 01:21:635 (4,5,1) - , like 01:23:735 (2,3,4,1) - are sharper again )
01:28:935 (4,1,2,3) - why stop movement here, I don't hear any change
01:30:035 - the stream starts here, I'd also increase movement towards 01:30:035 (3) - for better emphasis
( 01:36:835 (4,1) - I'd increase spacing, also you could increase spacing of 01:37:035 (1,2,3) - compared to 01:37:235 (3,4,5) - to account for lower pitch )

couldn't find anything in the upcoming part :(

02:42:635 (1) - that's a very wide angle of entry compared to 02:45:835 (1) -

( 04:03:435 (1) - Probably silly, but I think increasing the sv of this and do something like https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... DlNR3VUOWc may create more emphasis of the scratching sound that causes increased rhythm desity and movement at 04:04:335 - )

I feel bad for not finding anything… This is all pretty flawless :(

( 05:33:635 - not quite sure why you ignore the tire sound that has been emphasized before )

( 05:37:035 (3,1) - and 05:40:235 (3,1) - I personally think stacking these would create better emphasis but preference )
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

negusver wrote:

M4M from your queue

Let's not waste space shall we?
Disclaimer: I'm not good at judging structure yet. It's likely that some or most my suggestions for rhythm and flow are biased towards my own mapping style and generally inconsistent. Also, as I can't play or pass the map, my judgements concerning movement and emphasis may be off.
Whenever I feel that's the case, I'll try to bracket the suggestion. Feel free to disregard those.

( 00:14:635 (1) - I don't really like the shape of this. The theme doesn't change and merely increases in volume, so I'd try to relate them somewhat with the upcoming sliders and simplify it. Also let it start at 00:16:235 - , I don't hear any relevant sounds before. ) This is where the marimba comes in. This shape also mimics the bg, and moves in time with the phrases of said marimba
( 00:21:035 (1,1,1,1) - steadily increase in volume, so an idea to represent that would be to increase the sv from object to object. Could do the reverse of this at the end of the song ) Done
( 00:27:235 (1,2) - I think mapping this with circles only would be a good way to distinguish the voice from the intro, also would make 00:28:235 - clickable, which is good i think ) Circles there don't feel as clean as it should. I want this to be a relatively chill section that doesn't have too many 1/2 rhythms between circles.
( 00:29:435 (3,4) - I think not stacking these takes away emphasis from 00:30:435 (1) - as it doesn't break the established movement (emphasis of no voice/voice is same rn) ) This doesn't really make sense. 4 is stationary for so long that the jump from 3 is ok, and 5>1 is longer than 4>5 so 1 is emphasised? But instead you're finding a problem with 3-4 that makes 1 not emphasised when it's half a measure away.
00:33:435 (4,5,6) - I think the spacing of this is inappropriatly high, volume/tension of music doesn't increase and pitch even decreases from 00:32:035 (1,2,3) - . I'd just arrange them in a stream Most certainly not. 00:32:035 (1,2,3) - Minimal movement, less intense rhythms > 00:33:435 (4,5,6) - More movement, more intense rhythms.
( 00:42:435 - I'd like to see this be clickable. Also movement of 00:41:835 (1,2,3) - again takes away emphasis from 00:43:235 (1) - , so I'd use a different rhythm ) Debatable upon the stress on leaving a slider end.
00:43:835 (2,3,4) - movement here is so much more than 00:31:035 (2,3) - and I don't see a reason to increase it
00:45:535 (2) - delete this imo, there's no sound These have been changed
make spacing from 00:45:635 (3,4) - bigger than 00:45:835 (4,5) - because lower volume → less emphasis From a gameplay perspective these use little movement so a large jump is expected
( 00:46:635 (1,2) - I think I'd reduce the spacing with this, because you don't really want to have that much movement in breaks ) No thanks.
( 00:48:835 (7,1) - same )
( 00:53:035 (1,2) - I don't like the emphasis of this, I think something like https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... XJlbmh1R00 would do a better job to create a difference in movement towards incoming voice ) Hell no that looks disgusting lol
( 00:55:435 (5,6) - decrease spacing here, increase at 00:56:035 (8,1) - , because voice is very continuous at 00:55:635 (6,7,8) - and changes at 00:56:235 (1) - ) Or I could just increase 8 > 1
( 00:56:135 - is very loud, I'd turn 00:56:035 (8) - into circles and do something like https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... 25HOGJIQXM , (of course that doesn't make sense structurally…) ) At least you know why I'm denying this one.

From 01:18:235 - on I had to check things at 50% playback to understand anything, so my judgements are biased.

( 01:18:635 (1,2,3) - angle ( https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... UZ6aXZlaWM ) and 01:20:035 (4,5,1) - angle ( https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... W9McElfQnc ) play very differently even though its the same motive, same for 01:21:635 (4,5,1) - , like 01:23:735 (2,3,4,1) - are sharper again ) Yes... It's because they're different things.
01:28:935 (4,1,2,3) - why stop movement here, I don't hear any change Turn off fx volume and you might hear it more clearly.
01:30:035 - the stream starts here, I'd also increase movement towards 01:30:035 (3) - for better emphasis Doesn't make sense from a gameplay perspective.
( 01:36:835 (4,1) - I'd increase spacing, also you could increase spacing of 01:37:035 (1,2,3) - compared to 01:37:235 (3,4,5) - to account for lower pitch ) The shape and trajectory of these streams follow the bass synth, not the kick. This would feel lopsided to suddenly cater to the kick.

couldn't find anything in the upcoming part :(

02:42:635 (1) - that's a very wide angle of entry compared to 02:45:835 (1) - The distance is pretty low so it's fine.

( 04:03:435 (1) - Probably silly, but I think increasing the sv of this and do something like https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzAUOW6 ... DlNR3VUOWc may create more emphasis of the scratching sound that causes increased rhythm desity and movement at 04:04:335 - ) Not my thing

I feel bad for not finding anything… This is all pretty flawless :(

( 05:33:635 - not quite sure why you ignore the tire sound that has been emphasized before ) I thought I couldn't fit it in previously but I found a way

( 05:37:035 (3,1) - and 05:40:235 (3,1) - I personally think stacking these would create better emphasis but preference )
xd mod formatting. Use lists and list elements until modding v2 please; It's a nightmare to navigate your mod in the text editor.
tyfm
- titan
hi, nm from queue (sorry i'm so late)

SPOILER
banner thing looks like this in my browser. might wanna change it

also can you lower ar to 9? at the slow parts (especially the start) ar9.2 feels way too fast (especially with cs3) and it's a slow song so ar9 feels fine. (i would suggest even lower like ar8.7 but most people don't like ar below 9.)
02:49:854 (1,3) - blanket is slightly off
03:29:854 (1,1) - super picky but this isn't perfectly centered
03:45:854 (1,1) - this can blanket better
03:49:054 (1,1) - ^
04:10:654 (6) - touches bottom thing on the default skin (which if i remember correctly is against guidelines but idk if it matters here)
04:14:954 (2) - same here (and i'm probably missing some more)
04:36:454 (2,1) - bad blanket
04:43:054 (1) - when i played through this, i couldn't even see this circle (because it's gray) and i almost failed. it makes sense to have it gray, but i'd recommend changing it for readability
04:45:554 (4,5,6) - touches hp bar in default skin
05:47:454 (1,1) - not perfectly centered
05:53:854 (1,1) - ^

sorry for the super short mod, i'm terrible with high diffs and worse with technical ones :/
really fun map btw, good luck!
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

- titan wrote:

hi, nm from queue (sorry i'm so late)

SPOILER
banner thing looks like this in my browser. might wanna change it done

also can you lower ar to 9? at the slow parts (especially the start) ar9.2 feels way too fast (especially with cs3) and it's a slow song so ar9 feels fine. (i would suggest even lower like ar8.7 but most people don't like ar below 9.) PLANET//SHAPER is even slower and is AR9.3. I think this song with AR9.2 is totally fine.
02:49:854 (1,3) - blanket is slightly off Fixed
03:29:854 (1,1) - super picky but this isn't perfectly centered There isn't a whole number coordinate that fits perfectly, but I can improve it a little.
03:45:854 (1,1) - this can blanket better probs can
03:49:054 (1,1) - ^ I don't see a problem with this one
04:10:654 (6) - touches bottom thing on the default skin (which if i remember correctly is against guidelines but idk if it matters here) Everything is offscreen in 4:3 ratio, which is a rule. The default skin line is a guideline, small exceptions which occur 2-3 times in a map isn't a big problem, it's only when it happens frequently
04:14:954 (2) - same here (and i'm probably missing some more)
04:36:454 (2,1) - bad blanket Spaced
04:43:054 (1) - when i played through this, i couldn't even see this circle (because it's gray) and i almost failed. it makes sense to have it gray, but i'd recommend changing it for readability That can be arranged.
04:45:554 (4,5,6) - touches hp bar in default skin
05:47:454 (1,1) - not perfectly centered Fixed
05:53:854 (1,1) - ^ Fixed

sorry for the super short mod, i'm terrible with high diffs and worse with technical ones :/
really fun map btw, good luck!
thanks for the mod
Jean-Michel Jr
Hi, M4M from your queue

a mod
00:21:054 (1,1,1,1) - Wouldn't it make more sense to make these sliders finish at the white tick after ?
00:38:054 (4) - I think this slider has a useless point in it
From 01:07:454 - to 01:12:254 - , you always follow the same logic of having 4 spaced sliders , then 2 and 2 sliders overlapping. It's pretty neat, but then 01:05:854 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - feels kind of out of place, so I would suggest giving it the same logic as the other sliders
01:11:454 - Imo, this is a bad use of cut streams ; the music doesn't support it that much, and the jumps sometimes go in a straight line or with a 90° angle, without any reason
02:14:654 (1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I understand you want to spice things up since the whole section would only be streams if you didn't make that change, but you're missing a lot of important sounds doing so, I would recommand placing kicksliders instead of these circles 02:14:654 (1,2,2,2,1,2) - , and a 1/8 reverse slider here 02:15:554 (2) -
02:12:254 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This shape resembles a circle but isn't really, I think it'd look neat if you tried to match this slider https://puu.sh/xGNGe/231dcdb80d.jpg
02:20:254 (1) - I suggest this rhythm instead here https://puu.sh/xGNrS/4b201aed13.jpg
02:24:254 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This stream doesn't look very good because of the way it ends, It'd be nice to give it more roundness
02:26:454 (3) - This slider could beneficiate from improved blankets with 02:25:854 (1,2) -
03:33:054 (1,1) - I don't like these slider's shapes but I guess it's subjective
03:52:254 (1,1) - Fix blanket
04:24:254 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Might be better to just add a circle on every blue tick as well
Good job on the first kiai !
05:17:754 (4,5,6,1) - I don't think this fits well

Nice map, good luck !
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Jean-Michel Jr wrote:

Hi, M4M from your queue

a mod
00:21:054 (1,1,1,1) - Wouldn't it make more sense to make these sliders finish at the white tick after ? It would be an equally viable decision. I felt that if I used the slider end to represent the marimba 00:22:054 - here it would be more unorthodox and interesting that making a simple 3/1 slider. I'd rather keep it how it is.
00:38:054 (4) - I think this slider has a useless point in it If used that to represent aggressive changes. The vocals definitely do something funky there.
From 01:07:454 - to 01:12:254 - , you always follow the same logic of having 4 spaced sliders , then 2 and 2 sliders overlapping. It's pretty neat, but then 01:05:854 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - feels kind of out of place, so I would suggest giving it the same logic as the other sliders I thought about this one before and I'm in the same camp.
01:11:454 - Imo, this is a bad use of cut streams ; the music doesn't support it that much, and the jumps sometimes go in a straight line or with a 90° angle, without any reason They were in a pattern, but it wasn't immediately visible. Jumpstreams given a more recognisable visual structure.
02:14:654 (1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I understand you want to spice things up since the whole section would only be streams if you didn't make that change, but you're missing a lot of important sounds doing so, I would recommand placing kicksliders instead of these circles 02:14:654 (1,2,2,2,1,2) - , and a 1/8 reverse slider here 02:15:554 (2) - That seems like a very unclean solution. The readability of something like that would be awful since it's effectively unprepared dotted rhythms which the map isn't based around.
02:12:254 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This shape resembles a circle but isn't really, I think it'd look neat if you tried to match this slider https://puu.sh/xGNGe/231dcdb80d.jpg It was intended to be curvy, but never circular. Doesn't seem like an issue.
02:20:254 (1) - I suggest this rhythm instead here https://puu.sh/xGNrS/4b201aed13.jpg I prefer mine, it's more interesting.
02:24:254 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This stream doesn't look very good because of the way it ends, It'd be nice to give it more roundness That's a bit vague. I don't think the stream looks overtly ugly here. Variable spacing streams don't really have to maintain constant curvature, because otherwise you'd get incredibly sharp angles at the ends.
02:26:454 (3) - This slider could beneficiate from improved blankets with 02:25:854 (1,2) - This is a direct copy + paste of the previous pattern and yet it's not blanketed anymore. Angle transformation in the editor is whack.
03:33:054 (1,1) - I don't like these slider's shapes but I guess it's subjective ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
03:52:254 (1,1) - Fix blanket Sure
04:24:254 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Might be better to just add a circle on every blue tick as well It used to be like that originally, but it didn't feel very clean to play so I chose to leave blue tick circles out.
Good job on the first kiai !
05:17:754 (4,5,6,1) - I don't think this fits well Adjusted

Nice map, good luck !
Cheers
Baack
Hey, from my queue, this may be fast for me, but I'll give it a try. :oops:

Tropikal Karnivorous Kimera
00:21:054 - Maybe a hitcircle here then a slider?
00:22:654 - ^^
00:27:254 (1) - Curved fits better than sharp;
00:27:854 (2) - Flip horizontally for better flow;
00:32:054 (1) - Sharp aswell, to replicate 00:30:454 (1)
00:44:854 (1) - Maybe sharp angled?
00:49:854 - Like this
01:15:454 (1) - Replace spinner with a repeating slider;
01:25:254 (2) - Remove NC
01:34:654 (1) - This should be a slider, since the slider next to it doesn't have a sound in the music, and it is unconfortable to play;
01:35:454 (1) - ^^
01:37:854 (1) - Maybe start with a stack until 01:38:254
01:49:054 (1) - This should be a slider, since the slider next to it doesn't have a sound in the music;
02:20:254 (1) - ^^
03:26:554 - Maybe a hitcircle here?
03:29:754 - Slider start could be here;
03:33:054 (1) - There's a gray notch at the end of the slider, was that intentional?
03:42:654 (1) - Could start on the blue tick;
04:32:254 (1,2) - Unconfortable to play;
04:43:054 (1,2) - Try this
04:45:054 (1,2) - Unconfortable to play, this repeats itself, I think you can find those;
05:12:254 (1) - Maybe make this a bit more choppy with more red notches;

At least I tried, maybe some were my personal opinion, sorry if I didn't help. This is a great map and song btw.
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Forzaken4K wrote:

Hey, from my queue, this may be fast for me, but I'll give it a try. :oops:

Tropikal Karnivorous Kimera
00:21:054 - Maybe a hitcircle here then a slider? I prefer to leave this section rhythmically barren for contrast.
00:22:654 - ^^
00:27:254 (1) - Curved fits better than sharp; I suppose
00:27:854 (2) - Flip horizontally for better flow; Sliders with such a low spacing and slow rhythm don't really have natural flow properties.
00:32:054 (1) - Sharp aswell, to replicate 00:30:454 (1) Made them all curvy for for this section. Makes the sharper slider shapes stand out more.
00:44:854 (1) - Maybe sharp angled?
00:49:854 - Like this I never really felt like 00:51:054 - should be clickable, so I went with this passive rhythm instead. It helps contrast the next section particularly well.
01:15:454 (1) - Replace spinner with a repeating slider; Sure
01:25:254 (2) - Remove NC I put the NC there to show that it's not the same as 01:01:054 (1,2) - this, which might be a common expectation. I'll make this change, but I might revert it later.
01:34:654 (1) - This should be a slider, since the slider next to it doesn't have a sound in the music, and it is unconfortable to play; There is most certainly a sound there, and it also matches the structure of the previous 4 bars
01:35:454 (1) - ^^
01:37:854 (1) - Maybe start with a stack until 01:38:254 nah
01:49:054 (1) - This should be a slider, since the slider next to it doesn't have a sound in the music; You were fine with 01:29:054 (1,2,3) - this but not this? This is for accenting the synths that fade in.
02:20:254 (1) - ^^
03:26:554 - Maybe a hitcircle here? Most certainly not.
03:29:754 - Slider start could be here; Viable choice but not what I'm going for.
03:33:054 (1) - There's a gray notch at the end of the slider, was that intentional? yes
03:42:654 (1) - Could start on the blue tick;
04:32:254 (1,2) - Unconfortable to play; Apparently stacks are uncomfortable to play? I don't understand what you're saying here.
04:43:054 (1,2) - Try this 04:43:254 (1) - This needs to have contrast otherwise it won't work. 04:43:054 (1) - is fine how it is.
04:45:054 (1,2) - Unconfortable to play, this repeats itself, I think you can find those; I don't have a clue what you mean.
05:12:254 (1) - Maybe make this a bit more choppy with more red notches; I can do that

At least I tried, maybe some were my personal opinion, sorry if I didn't help. This is a great map and song btw.
Yuuya_ke
would this help by any chance: this

fuck m
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Yuuya_ke wrote:

would this help by any chance: this
I changed bg, & I already knew the tsabo was the previous artist.
Faputa
From my Queue,
STD NM

[Storyboarding related]
⏩01:17:054 - If there’s the waves flowing down here and rising up at 01:18:654 -, just like 04:29:054 - and 04:30:654 -, shouldn’t it have a kiai section staring from 01:18:654 -, or 04:29:054 - ?
⏩03:01:054 - The sound spectrum here seems not a appropriate approach given you reflected the sounds sensitively at the beginning of the song (starting from 00:03:454 - ) For I suggest is to keep following the song and if you want, you can make it less sensitive but not like the current style.

⏩01:12:254 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - For tidy-sake, make the spacings between each sets of combos increase geometrically, right now the first set is 0.21x, then 0.21x, 0.32x, 0.40x, 0.50x, 0.62x, 0.68x, 0.78x.
⏩03:33:054 (1,1) - The blanket at the middle part of 03:36:254 (1) - and the end part of 03:33:054 (1) - is a bit disoriented. Try lowering the end section of 03:36:254 (1) - .
⏩04:05:854 (4,5,6,7,8,1) - The little burst can be placed better? It visually looks a bit unsatisfying right now.
⏩04:13:454 (3,4,5) - This has a larger distance snap than 04:22:454 (5,6,1) - . But I prefer making both of spaced like 04:22:454 (5,6,1) - .
⏩04:52:654 (1) - Is there a reason why there’s a NC here?
⏩05:06:254 (1) - Make this circle as enclosed as possible by making the anchor of it shapes the same with 01:43:854 (1) - .
⏩05:27:554 (6,1) - 05:33:954 (6,1) - I’m not sure about this, but you missed sounds of these places. Shouldn’t you treat them like 04:34:754 (1) - ?

Sorry for the short mod but the map is too good for me :o
Good luck with the map!
Axaptice
hi i mod from my q
00:55:454 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - im having trouble understanding the logic behind the spacing of the sliders here. imo 5 and 6 should be stacked but they arent
01:37:054 (1,2,3,4,5) - this stream should be slightly curved at least as far as i can tell based on the previous stream
01:45:254 (1) - this slider should probably be slightly different if only to have it be a variation from the ones after it as the sound is slightly different
01:51:654 (1) - ^ etc
01:57:454 (3,4) - maybe replace the head of 3 with a normal circle and the tail of 3 + 4 with a new slider? i dunno i just dont like how that sound was ignored
02:22:254 (1,2,3,4) - thoughts on making the stream look like this? https://i.imgur.com/pOPjhdV.png
02:37:954 (2) - maybe im just not hearing it but im not sure why this is different
03:39:454 (1) - you could probably make this prettier
04:42:854 (1) - why nc

not really many things to say about this one, i really liked it. hope this helped, gl with this!
bite you death
hello, from my queue

• general
  1. hitsounds are way too loud
  2. work on your ncs, they seem random and sometimes you spam them for no reason

TKK
  3. 00:44:854 (1,2,3) - i dont hear the sound you're mapping 2 and 3 to, rhythm could be changed to this to fit the song better
  4. 00:47:454 (3) - extend to 1/2 and remove repeat would fit more here
  5. 00:49:254 (1,2) - blanket better :^)
  6. 01:00:654 (8) - this seems too far away from previous object
  7. 01:15:454 (1,2) - could make these 2 sliders vertical so it would be more similar to 01:12:254 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
  8. 01:18:254 - could delay kiai end to 01:18:554 -
  9. 01:19:054 (3,4,1) -, 01:19:454 (1,2,3) - and 01:20:054 (4,5,1) -, same sound yet very different spacing, last throughout this whole section of the song, choose either of them
  10. 01:30:654 (9,10,12) - unecessary whistles
  11. 01:29:854 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - could do something like this to make this less bland
  12. 01:34:654 (1,2) - why do you start mapping this sound when you've ignored it previously at 01:33:054 (1) - 01:33:854 (1) -
  13. 01:36:054 (1,3) - swap nc
  14. 01:36:454 (1,2) - swap nc or remove nc
  15. 01:41:054 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - pretty sudden introduction of a pattern like this, maybe use it a bit before this so the player can get used to playing this pattern?
  16. 01:42:654 (1,2) - extend these 2 ticks so it follows the sound more accurately
  17. 01:45:054 (1,1,1,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - nc fest, consider removing some of them
  18. 01:50:254 (1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1) - same here
  19. 01:56:954 - could add a circle here
  20. 01:57:854 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - ncs pls
  21. 02:03:054 (1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - ncs...
  22. 02:06:654 (1,2,1,2) - add a tick to these repeatsliders
  23. 02:10:754 (3) - could angle this downwards for better visual flow like so
  24. 02:13:954 (3) - this could be angled upwards for better visual flow
  25. 02:15:854 (1) - ctrl g for better visual flow and normal flow
  26. 02:17:154 (3) - angle downwards for visual flow
  27. 02:21:054 (1,1,1,2,1) - i would swap nc on all of these
  28. 02:23:454 (2,3) - stack tails with 02:22:654 (1) -
  29. 02:23:054 (3,1) - point these sliders towards eachother more like so
  30. 02:36:254 (1) - why is this so much faster? the sound here is the same as at 02:35:454 -
  31. 02:41:054 (1,2,3) - rhythm could be changed to this
  32. 02:47:454 (1,2,1) - same as above
  33. 04:03:854 - this should be clickable imo
  34. 04:02:654 (4,5) - extend 1 tick each
  35. 04:04:354 (3) - nc
  36. 04:24:254 (1) - extend a bit
  37. 04:27:454 (1,1,1,1) - extend these 1 tick each
  38. 04:38:654 (1,2) - rotate like 30 degrees to emphasise this sound instead of making it the same as 04:38:254 (4,5,6,7) -
  39. 04:41:854 (1,1) - iirc this is unrankable but im unsure
  40. 04:41:854 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - why nc spam
  41. 04:58:854 (1,3) - swap nc
  42. 05:17:454 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - too many ideas at once
  43. 05:17:454 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - move to 148,147 for better blanket
  44. 05:53:854 (1,1) - bad blanket
cool map, needs a bit of polishing before rank, especially ncs, but cool map nonetheless!

gl
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu
My internet cuts out, & by the time I get it back I have 3 mods waiting for me. aaaaa

Faputa wrote:

From my Queue,
STD NM

[Storyboarding related]
⏩01:17:054 - If there’s the waves flowing down here and rising up at 01:18:654 -, just like 04:29:054 - and 04:30:654 -, shouldn’t it have a kiai section staring from 01:18:654 -, or 04:29:054 - ? I don't really consider 01:18:654 - a kiai section, since it's pretty much just a section for kicks + a little bass. It still has a drop, though, so that took the kiai instead.
⏩03:01:054 - The sound spectrum here seems not a appropriate approach given you reflected the sounds sensitively at the beginning of the song (starting from 00:03:454 - ) For I suggest is to keep following the song and if you want, you can make it less sensitive but not like the current style. I'll play around with this effect a little more.

⏩01:12:254 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - For tidy-sake, make the spacings between each sets of combos increase geometrically, right now the first set is 0.21x, then 0.21x, 0.32x, 0.40x, 0.50x, 0.62x, 0.68x, 0.78x. Fixed
⏩03:33:054 (1,1) - The blanket at the middle part of 03:36:254 (1) - and the end part of 03:33:054 (1) - is a bit disoriented. Try lowering the end section of 03:36:254 (1) - . Sure
⏩04:05:854 (4,5,6,7,8,1) - The little burst can be placed better? It visually looks a bit unsatisfying right now. Nice catch
⏩04:13:454 (3,4,5) - This has a larger distance snap than 04:22:454 (5,6,1) - . But I prefer making both of spaced like 04:22:454 (5,6,1) - . I don't think it matters too much, but I'll look into it.
⏩04:52:654 (1) - Is there a reason why there’s a NC here? The divisor is different.
⏩05:06:254 (1) - Make this circle as enclosed as possible by making the anchor of it shapes the same with 01:43:854 (1) - . I'd prefer to keep their centre sizes separate because they're different sounds, but I see what you mean. I'll think about it.
⏩05:27:554 (6,1) - 05:33:954 (6,1) - I’m not sure about this, but you missed sounds of these places. Shouldn’t you treat them like 04:34:754 (1) - ? Nice spot, I think I can do something with these.

Sorry for the short mod but the map is too good for me :o uwu
Good luck with the map! tyvm

UnNVus wrote:

hi i mod from my q
00:55:454 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - im having trouble understanding the logic behind the spacing of the sliders here. imo 5 and 6 should be stacked but they arent If 00:55:254 (3,4,5,6) - were stacks, you'd get a 00:55:254 (3,4,5) - 1/4 stack and then a 00:55:454 (5,6) - 1/2 stack. By spacing them, I can avoid this to keep rhythm nice and readable.
01:37:054 (1,2,3,4,5) - this stream should be slightly curved at least as far as i can tell based on the previous stream I don't really believe that the shape of a stream has to be that precise. If anything, this streams shape would be showing an increase in simplicity going up into the next passive build
01:45:254 (1) - this slider should probably be slightly different if only to have it be a variation from the ones after it as the sound is slightly different I don't think people would notice the different when playing at full speed. Better to leave it as is.
01:51:654 (1) - ^ etc
01:57:454 (3,4) - maybe replace the head of 3 with a normal circle and the tail of 3 + 4 with a new slider? i dunno i just dont like how that sound was ignored I think 01:57:054 (1,2,3) - representing the 3 kicks is more important than that sound there, it doesn't really happen in this section, so I wanna prioritise that.
02:22:254 (1,2,3,4) - thoughts on making the stream look like this? https://i.imgur.com/pOPjhdV.png Preferably not, that makes 2 stand out more than 3.
02:37:954 (2) - maybe im just not hearing it but im not sure why this is different Some kinda cut snare is playing there.
03:39:454 (1) - you could probably make this prettier I'll work on it.
04:42:854 (1) - why nc Can't remember xd
not really many things to say about this one, i really liked it. hope this helped, gl with this!

bite you death wrote:

hello, from my queue

• general
  1. hitsounds are way too loud oops
  2. work on your ncs, they seem random and sometimes you spam them for no reason I'll take a sweep.

TKK
  3. 00:44:854 (1,2,3) - i dont hear the sound you're mapping 2 and 3 to, rhythm could be changed to this to fit the song better It's the glitchy pitchbends of the vocals.
  4. 00:47:454 (3) - extend to 1/2 and remove repeat would fit more here I've done this for most of the important pitch bends before, so this should be ok.
  5. 00:49:254 (1,2) - blanket better :^) done
  6. 01:00:654 (8) - this seems too far away from previous object I think it's fine. 1/2 sliders are pretty stable to jump to any location regardless of distance.
  7. 01:15:454 (1,2) - could make these 2 sliders vertical so it would be more similar to 01:12:254 I'd rather show change in rhythm by a change in directionality.(1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
  8. 01:18:254 - could delay kiai end to 01:18:554 - Sure
  9. 01:19:054 (3,4,1) -, 01:19:454 (1,2,3) - and 01:20:054 (4,5,1) -, same sound yet very different spacing, last throughout this whole section of the song, choose either of them. They're doing very different things to emphasise the music.
  10. 01:30:654 (9,10,12) - unecessary whistles Whistles are showing the voice.
  11. 01:29:854 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - could do something like this to make this less bland It's bland on purpose for contrast.
  12. 01:34:654 (1,2) - why do you start mapping this sound when you've ignored it previously at 01:33:054 (1) - 01:33:854 (1) - Because there are more important sounds playing there, and this sound is on lowpass until 01:34:654 - here.
  13. 01:36:054 (1,3) - swap nc Sure
  14. 01:36:454 (1,2) - swap nc or remove nc
  15. 01:41:054 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - pretty sudden introduction of a pattern like this, maybe use it a bit before this so the player can get used to playing this pattern? It's a pretty self-explanatory pattern since most people just read it as a slow stream, without travelling up/down in this case.
  16. 01:42:654 (1,2) - extend these 2 ticks so it follows the sound more accurately

The Ranking Criteria wrote:

Buzz sliders should have appropriate delay before the next note. 1/8 and 1/16 sliders should be followed by a 1/4 gap, whereas 1/12 sliders should be followed by a 1/6 gap. This ensures that the hit-window between hit objects is playable.
  17. 01:45:054 (1,1,1,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - nc fest, consider removing some of them I tried using combo colours to my advantage, but I guess with them off it's pretty nonsensical.
  18. 01:50:254 (1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1) - same here
  19. 01:56:954 - could add a circle here Yeah, why not.
  20. 01:57:854 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - ncs pls
  21. 02:03:054 (1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - ncs...
  22. 02:06:654 (1,2,1,2) - add a tick to these repeatsliders As above
  23. 02:10:754 (3) - could angle this downwards for better visual flow like so I'd rather have the tail point towards the next object.
  24. 02:13:954 (3) - this could be angled upwards for better visual flow This is exactly the same as the example you gave on the previous point. I don't understand what you're trying to say.
  25. 02:15:854 (1) - ctrl g for better visual flow and normal flow Changing direction of flow makes 02:16:054 (2,3,1) - these objects accented.
  26. 02:17:154 (3) - angle downwards for visual flow
  27. 02:21:054 (1,1,1,2,1) - i would swap nc on all of these I wouldn't.
  28. 02:23:454 (2,3) - stack tails with 02:22:654 (1) - done.
  29. 02:23:054 (3,1) - point these sliders towards eachother more like so ok
  30. 02:36:254 (1) - why is this so much faster? the sound here is the same as at 02:35:454 - ? No... There's a new sound here, exactly the same as 01:19:454 -
  31. 02:41:054 (1,2,3) - rhythm could be changed to this Too active for my goal here, I wanna gradually decrease in intensity for the break.
  32. 02:47:454 (1,2,1) - same as above
  33. 04:03:854 - this should be clickable imo It would be nice, but then it would betray the expected rhythm when you have to play the 04:04:054 (2) - 1/3 rhythm here, making virtually impossible to map, even passively.
  34. 04:02:654 (4,5) - extend 1 tick each
  35. 04:04:354 (3) - nc
  36. 04:24:254 (1) - extend a bit
  37. 04:27:454 (1,1,1,1) - extend these 1 tick each People will break here since they're not expecting these to be double repeats.
  38. 04:38:654 (1,2) - rotate like 30 degrees to emphasise this sound instead of making it the same as 04:38:254 (4,5,6,7) - The NC does plenty of that already.
  39. 04:41:854 (1,1) - iirc this is unrankable but im unsure Changed a little to make sure it is.
  40. 04:41:854 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - why nc spam. To show contrast in these objects of similar spacing.
  41. 04:58:854 (1,3) - swap nc NCs are hooking into the synth, not the percussion.
  42. 05:17:454 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - too many ideas at once shifted to a more congruent idea.
  43. 05:17:454 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - move to 148,147 for better blanket
  44. 05:53:854 (1,1) - bad blanket fixed
cool map, needs a bit of polishing before rank, especially ncs, but cool map nonetheless!

gl
Mini Gaunt
From my Q
Tropical KK
Hoyl storyboard and custom hitsound OWO

01:15:454 (1,2,3,4,1) - (Suggestion) Increase DS over these 5 objects to help build the bass drop intensity
01:17:054 (1,1) - (Suggestion) Turn 01:17:054 (1) - into an EXTREMELY slow slider that extends to the end of 01:18:254 (1) - to (again) build to the bass drop, as most sound stops here.
01:19:454 (1) - Very nice representation of the music through slider owo
01:29:354 (2) - Consider making this object more visible, the single circle after a repeating slider is going to be both very awkward to play, but also very unexpected. Players should have a little bit more warning of that object.
01:29:854 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - (Suggestion) Make this stream suddenly slow and overlap at 01:30:254 (5) - instead of at 01:29:854 (1) -
01:51:654 (2) - I like this repetitive use of awkward movement to emphasize the sound played there
01:55:254 (2) - On that topic, maybe lower the DS of this since there isn't anything being emphasized by the awkward movement here, or just flip the slider 180 degrees
03:01:054 - I would consider mapping this section with very slow, clean sliders and easy to follow rhythms. With slow sliders and simple rhythms it acts like a break still but makes a unique section in the map.
03:52:254 (1) - Fucking great OWO good job
04:30:654 - (Suggestion) in this section its much more intense musically then all the other parts of the song, maybe consider increasing overall spacing on all the 1/4 streams to reflect intensity in cursor movement while still rewarding precise aim.
05:06:954 (4,1) - This might be too unexpected for the player, but maybe not. No NEED to change it, but consider organizing it a different way while still keeping the 1/4 jump
05:08:454 (1) - (Suggestion) Maybe change slider shape to something akin to 04:55:654 (3) - to make the sound more unique. 05:15:054 (1) - Same thing here
Overall, very well made map. A lot of effort clearly went into this, good luck if you are going for rank!

Take my star uwu
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu
Denied
Considered/Will Test
Accepted

Mini Gaunt wrote:

From my Q
Tropical KK
Hoyl storyboard and custom hitsound OWO rwr

01:15:454 (1,2,3,4,1) - (Suggestion) Increase DS over these 5 objects to help build the bass drop intensity It would make sense, but I would prefer these holds to be more playable. Dropping combo on these objects is one of the worst feelings ever, so I wanna keep it pretty simple.
01:17:054 (1,1) - (Suggestion) Turn 01:17:054 (1) - into an EXTREMELY slow slider that extends to the end of 01:18:254 (1) - to (again) build to the bass drop, as most sound stops here. O my, I have to think about that one.
01:19:454 (1) - Very nice representation of the music through slider owo ty
01:29:354 (2) - Consider making this object more visible, the single circle after a repeating slider is going to be both very awkward to play, but also very unexpected. Players should have a little bit more warning of that object. I guess its position isn't great in terms of readability, but it does obey the expected rhythm since we've been playing this for 13 measures now.
01:29:854 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - (Suggestion) Make this stream suddenly slow and overlap at 01:30:254 (5) - instead of at 01:29:854 (1) - I can see what you're going for, but I don't think those objects need a little love, so I'd rather pass.
01:51:654 (2) - I like this repetitive use of awkward movement to emphasize the sound played there thanky
01:55:254 (2) - On that topic, maybe lower the DS of this since there isn't anything being emphasized by the awkward movement here, or just flip the slider 180 degrees I don't really get what you're after with this point
03:01:054 - I would consider mapping this section with very slow, clean sliders and easy to follow rhythms. With slow sliders and simple rhythms it acts like a break still but makes a unique section in the map. My worst concern with this is the slider section afterwards. If I were to map this section how I would want to, then it's very likely that the player would bleed out during the slider section, especially on HR. I'll experiment to see what I can get away with, but I can't say yes to this straight away.
03:52:254 (1) - Fucking great OWO good job wow stop praising me uwu
04:30:654 - (Suggestion) in this section its much more intense musically then all the other parts of the song, maybe consider increasing overall spacing on all the 1/4 streams to reflect intensity in cursor movement while still rewarding precise aim. I can definitely see where you're coming from here.
I remember when I found some camellia maps that didn't have high spacings on the main drop I flipped my shit. Now though, I'm in the camp that because of the greater complexity in rhythm, it's almost necessary to keep these objects closer together so that it's easier to understand the rhythms. The circle size is still pretty large, so the distance covered from these compact spacings is also relatively large. I'll look to see what I can do but when I mapped this section, initially I tested with larger spacings, and it didn't feel this clean.

05:06:954 (4,1) - This might be too unexpected for the player, but maybe not. No NEED to change it, but consider organizing it a different way while still keeping the 1/4 jump Yeah I can always nerf it if it comes out of nowhere. I think it's reasonably expectable, but I can always move it just that bit closer so it looks like a 1/4
05:08:454 (1) - (Suggestion) Maybe change slider shape to something akin to 04:55:654 (3) - to make the sound more unique. 05:15:054 (1) - Same thing here. That original shape is 1/1, it might be a little jarring to suddenly change it to 1/2, but I'll see what I can do
05:15:054 (1) - Same thing here oooh yeah, that'd be sick.
Overall, very well made map. A lot of effort clearly went into this, good luck if you are going for rank! :P

Take my star uwu
Cheers
JeZag
hey man, saw your reddit post so i came here

check your AI mod and fixed the unsnapped object ends

00:29:454 (3) - I would NC every "group" that is separated by 2/1 in the timeline
00:39:054 (2) - picky, but this isnt a perfect blanket. the end is too little curved and the beginning of the 2nd curve is too curved.
you can make it perfect by trying to make the anchors a "perfect and symmetric" trapazoid
00:40:054 (3) - imo the NC should be on here and not 00:40:254 (1) - cause it sounds like the phrase begins here.
01:06:654 (1,2,3,4) - for your pink groups of two, i think you can make the distance larger to make up for the fact that every two is stacked. else, i think it is not intense enough relatively to the rest of the buildup
01:40:254 (1) - i think you want to make 01:40:254 (1,2) - ease into the stream, but i think this repeated slider would be better split into two close 1/4 sliders (so that the vocals are clicked)
01:49:954 (2) - i dont think this is on purpose (unsnapped)
01:55:454 (1) - for flow, i think this is better ctrl + G, so that it comes from 01:55:254 (2) - better (also i think it fits better, cause the bass from 01:55:254 (2) - almost slides into this one)
01:55:854 (1,2) - i think you can make larger spacing here for more umph. try placing (2) at roughly (300, 50)
01:56:454 (2) - i think this plays better as just hitcircles as head and tail leading into 01:56:654 (1) - (just like all your other 3 streams like 01:55:654 (2,3,1) - ) i know you want emphasis, but maybe increase DS a bit?
02:09:454 (1) - this feels like a good slow slider to me (then immediately contrast it to 02:09:654 (1) - )
02:22:554 (4) - i dont like this linear jump, i think its better with a tiny bit of curve.
02:33:054 (1,1) - i think SV can be larger for this (make it swing more)
02:35:454 (1,2,3,1) - hmm, i dont like the 1/1 gap. consider filling it
same with the other 1/1 gaps, but especially before the SV changes like 02:42:654 (1) -

02:48:254 (1,2) - for this section, i think you should consider grouping every two with a hitcircle in between
02:51:454 (1) - for 150 bpm, there isnt much stress in doing just stacked triplets for this section (personally i think this shouldnt tone down yet, so dont make it like the very end)
02:59:454 i think this is much better place to start the spinner. just do triplets until then (and make it die down into 1/1 plain circles if you want)
03:33:054 (1) - can you make the last red anchor a bit earlier? i think its late just a bit
03:36:254 (1) - i know the red anchor at the end is for the bass, but i think its better as the vocals right before
03:59:454 (2,3) - i really want you to fill in the beats, cause it sounds like theres a strong pickup in the drums. if you dont want much density, just stack it onto the next slider+repeats
04:04:354 (3,4,5,6) - i dont think this rhythm + pattern fits this part
try this rhythm instead
and feel free to make the slider funky
04:24:254 (1) - these sliders definitely need to be 1/4 longer, otherwise it loses the stressful feeling of holding it out
04:29:054 (1,2) - i know this part is rhythm simplification, but it feels off...
04:55:654 (3) - this should be 1/4 longer for more sustain imo (even tho you want it to be parallel to 04:55:054 (2) - , i think its better this way)
05:02:054 (2,3,1) - abuse slider leniency lots more here. more distance between pls (easy fix is move all of 05:01:054 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - left more)
05:12:254 (1) - you can do something wacky with stacked hitcircle and slider right after if you want to
05:12:254 (1) - also i think that the end should lead into 05:13:054 (1) - using a stream pickup, instead of being this abrupt
05:15:654 (2,3) - i dont like this spacing because it feels too different from how youve placed things earlier (this is too experimental for the rest of what youve done, and it doesnt quite fit either imo)
05:17:454 (1,2,3,4) - i dont like this grouping cause i feel like the emphasis in the music should be on 05:17:654 (3,4) - and not 05:17:554 (2) -
05:19:854 (1,2) - dood this is the perfect place for a 1/4 stream using 1/8 sliders
05:20:254 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4) - i like this interpretation, but i think it should start growing at 05:21:054 (9) - (maybe even 05:20:854 (7) - )
05:30:854 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - keep this DS same as the other times imo (roughly 1.4)
05:34:054 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i would recommend starting a lot larger (around 1.2 maybe) and then decreasing rapidly. otherwise, it feels too different from the previous 1.4 ds streams

overall very fun map, and sweet sb. good luck with this map and your future maps!
SPOILER
and if you feel like returning a favor back, check out my map and give me a mod :^)
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

JeZag wrote:

hey man, saw your reddit post so i came here

check your AI mod and fixed the unsnapped object ends

00:29:454 (3) - I would NC every "group" that is separated by 2/1 in the timeline agreed
00:39:054 (2) - picky, but this isnt a perfect blanket. the end is too little curved and the beginning of the 2nd curve is too curved. fixed
you can make it perfect by trying to make the anchors a "perfect and symmetric" trapazoid
00:40:054 (3) - imo the NC should be on here and not 00:40:254 (1) - cause it sounds like the phrase begins here. sure
01:06:654 (1,2,3,4) - for your pink groups of two, i think you can make the distance larger to make up for the fact that every two is stacked. else, i think it is not intense enough relatively to the rest of the buildup I can make the scaling more obvious, but I want the first rep to be easier to understand so that it's a lot more obvious what I'm doing here.
01:40:254 (1) - i think you want to make 01:40:254 (1,2) - ease into the stream, but i think this repeated slider would be better split into two close 1/4 sliders (so that the vocals are clicked) I see what you mean, but I think I value the contrast more than the rhythm to the vocals.
01:49:954 (2) - i dont think this is on purpose (unsnapped) It's on purpose, in the past, this slider/sliders like this with an extra reverse causes unexpected breaks since this isn't easily visualised as a 1/12 rhythm.
01:55:454 (1) - for flow, i think this is better ctrl + G, so that it comes from 01:55:254 (2) - better (also i think it fits better, cause the bass from 01:55:254 (2) - almost slides into this one) But then 01:55:454 (1,2) - this won't really make much sense flow wise, I'd rather have it like this so it feels more like back-and-forth movement than circular flow.
01:55:854 (1,2) - i think you can make larger spacing here for more umph. try placing (2) at roughly (300, 50) I sure can
01:56:454 (2) - i think this plays better as just hitcircles as head and tail leading into 01:56:654 (1) - (just like all your other 3 streams like 01:55:654 (2,3,1) - ) i know you want emphasis, but maybe increase DS a bit? I don't particularly agree
02:09:454 (1) - this feels like a good slow slider to me (then immediately contrast it to 02:09:654 (1) - ) While I agree that it would be better serviced as a slider, I don't like the way it plays when it is a slider.
02:22:554 (4) - i dont like this linear jump, i think its better with a tiny bit of curve.
no thanks
02:33:054 (1,1) - i think SV can be larger for this (make it swing more) sure
02:35:454 (1,2,3,1) - hmm, i dont like the 1/1 gap. consider filling it I'd rather not. I want to hammer home that this section is very different to the drop at the beginning
same with the other 1/1 gaps, but especially before the SV changes like 02:42:654 (1) -

02:48:254 (1,2) - for this section, i think you should consider grouping every two with a hitcircle in between 02:48:254 - This is a good idea,
I can use this to re-work the build-up section into the break

02:51:454 (1) - for 150 bpm, there isnt much stress in doing just stacked triplets for this section (personally i think this shouldnt tone down yet, so dont make it like the very end) as above
02:59:454 i think this is much better place to start the spinner. just do triplets until then (and make it die down into 1/1 plain circles if you want)
03:33:054 (1) - can you make the last red anchor a bit earlier? i think its late just a bit as above
03:36:254 (1) - i know the red anchor at the end is for the bass, but i think its better as the vocals right before sure
03:59:454 (2,3) - i really want you to fill in the beats, cause it sounds like theres a strong pickup in the drums. if you dont want much density, just stack it onto the next slider+repeats I don't think they're audible+consistent enough to do that, plus I don't want to mix up the themes I have for each section
04:04:354 (3,4,5,6) - i dont think this rhythm + pattern fits this part
try this rhythm instead
and feel free to make the slider funky ok
04:24:254 (1) - these sliders definitely need to be 1/4 longer, otherwise it loses the stressful feeling of holding it out Definitely
04:29:054 (1,2) - i know this part is rhythm simplification, but it feels off... Not much I can do about that one, the 1/8 is pretty awful to play when accurately notated.
04:55:654 (3) - this should be 1/4 longer for more sustain imo (even tho you want it to be parallel to 04:55:054 (2) - , i think its better this way) Doesn't play that great like this.
05:02:054 (2,3,1) - abuse slider leniency lots more here. more distance between pls (easy fix is move all of 05:01:054 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - left more) Found another solution
05:12:254 (1) - you can do something wacky with stacked hitcircle and slider right after if you want to I'd rather not.
05:12:254 (1) - also i think that the end should lead into 05:13:054 (1) - using a stream pickup, instead of being this abrupt I think that being this abrupt helps the map rather than hurts it.
05:15:654 (2,3) - i dont like this spacing because it feels too different from how youve placed things earlier (this is too experimental for the rest of what youve done, and it doesnt quite fit either imo) Spacings like this can be surprisingly comfortable/readable, even if they're not used throughout the map.
05:17:454 (1,2,3,4) - i dont like this grouping cause i feel like the emphasis in the music should be on 05:17:654 (3,4) - and not 05:17:554 (2) - Depends on what instrument you like, yet having a 3-stack gives off a stronger visual theme since we have 05:17:554 (2,3,4,5,6,1) - this going on, so I stuck with this.
05:19:854 (1,2) - dood this is the perfect place for a 1/4 stream using 1/8 sliders I'm not a fan of consecutive higher divisor sliders, their feedback is too low to be enjoyable.
05:20:254 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4) - i like this interpretation, but i think it should start growing at 05:21:054 (9) - (maybe even 05:20:854 (7) - ) I stuck as closely to the melody as possible, and there definitely is a larger change in filters at 05:21:454 (1) -
05:30:854 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - keep this DS same as the other times imo (roughly 1.4) I want it to increase over time so there's contrast when the filter is applied on the 4th time around.
05:34:054 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i would recommend starting a lot larger (around 1.2 maybe) and then decreasing rapidly. otherwise, it feels too different from the previous 1.4 ds streams as above

overall very fun map, and sweet sb. good luck with this map and your future maps!
SPOILER
and if you feel like returning a favor back, check out my map and give me a mod :^)
ty for mod
papapa213
from your q
mod
01:25:854 (3) - seems to miss nc , you have nc on 01:19:454 (1) - and 01:32:254 (1) -
01:56:254 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - sounds like this ↓
01:58:054 (2) - I think flow like this will be better

02:50:854 - 02:52:454 - 02:54:054 - 02:57:254 - I think these position need to click
04:49:054 (1) - move to 04:49:154 (2) - slider's head will be better?
04:55:854 - this voice sound not like 04:55:054 (2) - , try to use 1/2 reverse slider?
05:08:454 (1) - it sounds like this ↓
05:20:854 (7) - nc?
05:37:254 (1) - I think you can use slider with more anchor point and change sv to express this sound

my mod is noob :o :o
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

papapa213 wrote:

from your q
mod
01:25:854 (3) - seems to miss nc , you have nc on 01:19:454 (1) - and 01:32:254 (1) - Good catch
01:56:254 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - sounds like this ↓ sure
01:58:054 (2) - I think flow like this will be better breaks the theme. It moves like this intentionally.

02:50:854 - 02:52:454 - 02:54:054 - 02:57:254 - I think these position need to click no thanks
04:49:054 (1) - move to 04:49:154 (2) - slider's head will be better? 04:38:254 (4,5,6,7,1,2) - There's no basis for that assumption, it's a decision that makes very little impact in gameplay, and I'm choosing to be consistent in this decision.
04:55:854 - this voice sound not like 04:55:054 (2) - , try to use 1/2 reverse slider? no
05:08:454 (1) - it sounds like this ↓ I'm not converting the 1/1 slider, but I will change something
05:20:854 (7) - nc? ok
05:37:254 (1) - I think you can use slider with more anchor point and change sv to express this sound The combo colour is enough.

my mod is noob :o :o
don't embed spoiler boxes with spoiler boxes please, it's awful to navigate.
papapa213

Mykaterasu wrote:

don't embed spoiler boxes with spoiler boxes please, it's awful to navigate.
oh, sorry, I see
coke bottle
Hi! is my first wub wub map mod so may be terrible lmao

storyboard owo

blankets is amazing omg

shit mod down there. its legit ss--->short shit

probs no fix for anything lmao

01:34:454 (4,5,1,2) - why click 4 times? the parts before is 2 or 3 times click so 4 may be unexpected+i don't see why clicking 4 times would represent the music bettter

02:03:054 (1,1) - for these 2 i would prefer you switch their nc colour causse for the distorted/glitchy sound u used grey colour for 01:50:654 (1) - so why use blue for 02:03:454 (1) - ? change back to grey and change 02:03:054 (1) - to blue or something else\

04:43:254 (1) - put this to grey colour?
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Reynolduh wrote:

Hi! is my first wub wub map mod so may be terrible lmao

storyboard owo

blankets is amazing omg

shit mod down there. its legit ss--->short shit

probs no fix for anything lmao

01:34:454 (4,5,1,2) - why click 4 times? the parts before is 2 or 3 times click so 4 may be unexpected+i don't see why clicking 4 times would represent the music bettter I believe it's much better to portray the most unorthodox parts of the music, than to focus down on the same theme throughout. There's a synth part that comes in with this rhythm, and it's within expectation to map it.

02:03:054 (1,1) - for these 2 i would prefer you switch their nc colour causse for the distorted/glitchy sound u used grey colour for 01:50:654 (1) - so why use blue for 02:03:454 (1) - ? change back to grey and change 02:03:054 (1) - to blue or something else\ The difference between colour sets represent the type of sound, not the gameplay/glitchy-ness. The whites/greys are for low impact sound, the pink and cyan are for moderate sounds, and the red and blue are for kiai + heavily distorted/high impact sounds. It's not an exact science on which colour to use though, it's a very subjective choice on which colour to choose for what.

04:43:254 (1) - put this to grey colour? Highly intense glitch noise gets the highly intense glitch colour. See above.
I'm sure there's a lot more you could take issue with than just combo colours & a rhythm. 01:34:654 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This whole section is aesthetically the weakest part of the map, and is the most likely extract to be re-adjusted.

Ty for praise & mod anyway.
Silverdesu
silverdesu!

original artist for the background is Jorge Jacinto

also use khimera it sounds less stupid
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu
sweet. I'm glad someone was able to find it. Cheers silv.
tin frog
hi! nm from my queue. if anything is wrong with my mod let me know!

tropical ultimate chimera or something idk
00:58:654 (4,5,6,7,1) - this part and the other parts like it play really weird and don't really have any support
01:25:054 (1,2) - this doesn't look very good imo
01:29:754 (4,1) - same as 00:58:654
01:41:054 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is the same pattern as 02:32:254 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) but the second one has much more support for it
02:22:254 (1,2,3,4) - similar to 00:58:654, i'm not gonna go on with this because i can't be bothered
03:29:854 (1,1,1) - these slider shapes don't really fit with the aesthetic of the map
03:52:254 (1) - ^

cool map, i like it and it's fun to play
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

xiqingwa wrote:

hi! nm from my queue. if anything is wrong with my mod let me know!

tropical ultimate chimera or something idk
00:58:654 (4,5,6,7,1) - this part and the other parts like it play really weird and don't really have any support They're totally fine. They're not even complete jumps since they're still overlapping.
01:25:054 (1,2) - this doesn't look very good imo I like how it looks.
01:29:754 (4,1) - same as 00:58:654
01:41:054 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is the same pattern as 02:32:254 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) but the second one has much more support for it Still isn't much reason to change it here. They're both showing the same thing, but spamming claps would make the first time god awful.
02:22:254 (1,2,3,4) - similar to 00:58:654, i'm not gonna go on with this because i can't be bothered You mean 00:58:654 - , that format is wrong and if you keep pointing out something that appears throughout the section, does it not strike you that it's a theme of the section. Learn to put words into criticising a theme, as opposed to simply pointing at it, because not being bothered isn't helping anyone.
03:29:854 (1,1,1) - these slider shapes don't really fit with the aesthetic of the map Variety is the spice of life. The song changes up its themes, so I am within every ability to change mine too.
03:52:254 (1) - ^

cool map, i like it and it's fun to play
Mappers choose what they think is right when they make maps. Only going as far as to point it out something doesn't have any effect, because most of the time the mapper knows they've put it there. Point out what makes the idea bad in a mod next time.
Wishkey
Heyo! from queue

Unused stuff:
ban3.wav
drum-hitfinish2.wav
itwasme.wav

Diff
  1. 00:40:654 (3,4) - would try something like this rhythm here instead, because 00:41:854 (4) - starts on a fadeout vocal and you skip some pretty strong beat in this slider currently, can make 00:42:454 - clickable too afterwards which is nice with the new sentence starting
  2. 00:46:254 (5,1) - try control g the rhyhm here, end of (5) is really strong with what you're following and ending of the vocal sentence
  3. 01:27:754 (2,3) - would move these up a bit to like y:280 keeps the flow momentum more going and reduces that noticable larger jump then the rest of the section
  4. 01:37:454 (5,6) - 2 sliders would fit better here, since the music is 2-2 focused here
  5. 01:42:654 (1,2,3) - sounds like 1/8s too like at 01:15:854 (2,3) - and 02:06:654 (1,2) -
  6. 01:49:954 (2) - 1/8s to red
  7. 01:56:254 (1,2,1) - both end clickable or both ends not clickable makes more sense here since its basicly a repeat of itself in the music
  8. 02:08:254 (1,2,1,2) - sounds a bit off rhythm here, like 02:08:854 (1,2) - sounds it kinda speeds up on the tail so having the tail clickable with 2 1/4s would fit here better imo, and could make 02:08:554 (2) - into a return if you agree for example
  9. 02:19:254 (2,1) - the same shapes but half the sv kinda threw me off here since up to this point it seems like it was indicated with different shapes like 02:17:654 (2,1) - so maybe chane the shape of (1) here slightly
  10. 02:22:454 (3,4) - 3 sounds stronger then 4 here, could maybe overlap 3 with 4 here so you have a 2-2 double pattern 3-1 pattern feels off here when the entire section is 2-2 patterned too
  11. 02:36:154 - honestly this section threw me off with deciding to skip these when this part of the song is identical to 01:18:654 (1,2,3,4,1) - so expected same rhyhm density here with how strong these drums are too, same here 02:36:654 (3,4) - 3 a slider aswell for that similar extended sound like 4 just feels a lot better with the music and map to me. Prob done for rhythm diversity but it feels really off with the music and the map imo, might consider looking into this if it gets brought up again.
  12. 04:43:054 (1,1) - 2 connected sounds wiht different pitches here again, might wanna have both of them a buzz return, also ending on the buzz on the blue ticks feels a bit better polarity wise
  13. 05:01:854 (1,2) - that 1/8 is pretty audible on 100%, would consider mapping it to have some unique in the 1/4 circle stuff like you did at 05:27:554 (6,1) -
  14. 05:15:454 (1) - starting the increased sv back here feels better and bit more consistent with similar stuff like 05:02:254 (1,1) -
  15. 05:17:154 (2) - doing your sv thing fits here too with that unqiue sound and with the storyboard
gl!
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Wishkey wrote:

Heyo! from queue

Unused stuff:
ban3.wav
drum-hitfinish2.wav
itwasme.wav
good spots

Diff
  1. 00:40:654 (3,4) - would try something like this rhythm here instead, because 00:41:854 (4) - starts on a fadeout vocal and you skip some pretty strong beat in this slider currently, can make 00:42:454 - clickable too afterwards which is nice with the new sentence starting yeah this rhythm is wack. I'll see what I can do.
  2. 00:46:254 (5,1) - try control g the rhyhm here, end of (5) is really strong with what you're following and ending of the vocal sentence not a bad idea here.
  3. 01:27:754 (2,3) - would move these up a bit to like y:280 keeps the flow momentum more going and reduces that noticable larger jump then the rest of the section sure thing
  4. 01:37:454 (5,6) - 2 sliders would fit better here, since the music is 2-2 focused here rhythm could use a rejig here, but I don't think this is the one. The synth here is pretty syncopated so I don't think it would sound right.
  5. 01:42:654 (1,2,3) - sounds like 1/8s too like at 01:15:854 (2,3) - and 02:06:654 (1,2) - fixed
  6. 01:49:954 (2) - 1/8s to red while red is my go-to glitch colour, it's not really needed here since the ncs do a good enough job of showing the rhythm. I'd rather just keep NC'ing consistant.
  7. 01:56:254 (1,2,1) - both end clickable or both ends not clickable makes more sense here since its basicly a repeat of itself in the music good catch, I didn't intend this to happen.
  8. 02:08:254 (1,2,1,2) - sounds a bit off rhythm here, like 02:08:854 (1,2) - sounds it kinda speeds up on the tail so having the tail clickable with 2 1/4s would fit here better imo, and could make 02:08:554 (2) - into a return if you agree for example I don't really feel like it's out of time here. Although some camellia synths do notoriously have some type of filter that makes it seem like it comes in a bit later than it actually does.
  9. 02:19:254 (2,1) - the same shapes but half the sv kinda threw me off here since up to this point it seems like it was indicated with different shapes like 02:17:654 (2,1) - so maybe chane the shape of (1) here slightly The directionality matters for this shape. Hook at the start is 1/2, hook at the end is 1/4
  10. 02:22:454 (3,4) - 3 sounds stronger then 4 here, could maybe overlap 3 with 4 here so you have a 2-2 double pattern 3-1 pattern feels off here when the entire section is 2-2 patterned too yup, I originally saw it as 2 sets of 3s sharing an object, but that can easily be misinterpreted as 3-1 so it's best to stick to the normal ideology here.
  11. 02:36:154 - honestly this section threw me off with deciding to skip these when this part of the song is identical to 01:18:654 (1,2,3,4,1) - so expected same rhyhm density here with how strong these drums are too, same here 02:36:654 (3,4) - 3 a slider aswell for that similar extended sound like 4 just feels a lot better with the music and map to me. Prob done for rhythm diversity but it feels really off with the music and the map imo, might consider looking into this if it gets brought up again. People have told me that the rhythm here is weird since it doesn't copy the rhythm of the previous section, but I feel like it plays a little too overdone when every 4th 1/4 is used up. I'll fill them in since it's easy to remove and see what happens.
  12. 04:43:054 (1,1) - 2 connected sounds wiht different pitches here again, might wanna have both of them a buzz return, also ending on the buzz on the blue ticks feels a bit better polarity wise I made it so 04:43:054 (1) - contrasts 04:43:254 (1) - a lot by being a circle and slider respectively.
    I also don't want to put in too many unpredictable drops, so ending 04:43:254 (1) - is a good way of doing that.
  13. 05:01:854 (1,2) - that 1/8 is pretty audible on 100%, would consider mapping it to have some unique in the 1/4 circle stuff like you did at 05:27:554 (6,1) - I'd love to put it in but its a bitch to read when on the 2nd object like here.
  14. 05:15:454 (1) - starting the increased sv back here feels better and bit more consistent with similar stuff like 05:02:254 (1,1) - Sure I'll try it out.
  15. 05:17:154 (2) - doing your sv thing fits here too with that unqiue sound and with the storyboard doneski
gl!
Cheers and ty for the mod!
Destirox
04:29:054 (1,2) - feels so underwhelming like i expected a fast slider or a larger gap, or maybe even replaced by circles
04:41:854 (1,1) - maybe second slider ctrl+g, or a break in flow from the stream
04:30:254 (1,2,1) - one big jump and the next is not, but I guess is ok
05:19:054 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - feels kind of bad there is no increase in spacing or speed
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu

Destirox wrote:

04:29:054 (1,2) - feels so underwhelming like i expected a fast slider or a larger gap, or maybe even replaced by circles intended
04:41:854 (1,1) - maybe second slider ctrl+g, or a break in flow from the stream no need
04:30:254 (1,2,1) - one big jump and the next is not, but I guess is ok 04:30:254 (1,2) - Compare ambient sound between these 2 and 04:30:454 (2,1) - these 2
05:19:054 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - feels kind of bad there is no increase in spacing or speed Don't want to go too overboard, still has to be comfortable. This still contrasts with 05:20:254 (1) - so it's fine.
cheers!
show more