forum

Improving your finger`s speed?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jalatiphra
play streams until your muscles give you a hard hard hard pain.

STOP
SLEEP

try again

-> improve
ziin
play stepmania.

much better training than any osu map, especially because you can slow it down and speed it up .5-1.5x

but if you insist, play maps on half time and practice using 2 fingers until you know the rhythm of the song, then do it full size. Play maps that you know you can stream properly then increase the BPM slightly and play a map of similar bpm.
Waryas

silmarilen wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9220

that one is also nice for streams
This is slow enough for one finger...
silmarilen

JesusYamato wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9220

that one is also nice for streams
This is slow enough for one finger...
we are talking about people who have trouble with streams here, not people who can 300 a full 260 BPM stream with more than 50 notes.
Natteke
He likes to showoff
Scorpium
S o r c e r y
Press keyboard soft and fast, make sure that your fingers speed are keep constant for long stream. You will discover the typing speed craftsmanship after that. :idea:
Sander-Don
Finger weights? 8-) or just practice streamy maps.
Espionage724

Sander-Don wrote:

Finger weights? 8-)
http://www.chromercise.com/

(the sweat bands actually exist too, I applied and got some in the mail for free :p)
cococococo_old
use hacks
-Shi_old

Jalatiphra wrote:

play streams until your muscles give you a hard hard hard pain.

STOP
SLEEP

try again

-> improve
this or take a lil 5 minute break, and keep on berserking until you gotta sleep, then wake up and repeat for the whole day.

my own song choice I picked in 5 seconds for noobies:

1: Syrsa - Mad Machine [Champion]

Fun 270bpm map, weak 180 bpm on half time, but I guess it will do before you attempt 220bpm.

2: 07th Expansion - rog-unlimitation [AngelHoney]
07th Expansion - rog-limitation [SOLO]

A few maps I can come up with, they're only 220bpm, so keep on trying to fc these maps, until you can you go on to faster stuff.

3: Mad Machine again, no half time lol. 270bpm is kinda fun.

4: DragonForce - Heroes of Our Time [Knight] + Double Time

Yay! 300bpm <3

there's better choices, and choosing different maps would be best.
excellions
who cares, play maps/songs you enjoy
thelewa
But what if those maps happen to be super high bpm maps?
-Shi_old

ragelewa wrote:

But what if those maps happen to be super high bpm maps?
even better \:D/
Waryas
take a break from osu, come back stronger than ever.
i'm ranking dt that i couldn't even pass before atm. and i didn't play osu a lot these past 2months.
-Shi_old
^ must try
_midori
i want to stream like -Shi :>
-Shi_old
I wanna stream like NeverDie ._.
hinamizawan
Play every osu! beatmap in existence on Insane mode and then you'll have some godlike finger speed.
thelewa
Going to ask this here because it would make no sense to make a new topic for it:

Do you think that having hypermobile joints and cracking your knuckles all the time can have adverse effects on streaming speed, because I just can't do fast streams even if I have been training streams for like 8 months.

BUT AT LEAST I CAN DO FUNNY THINGS WITH MY FINGERS
Auto
You should practice your single finger's speed first.Without high single finger's speed you can't play any map which have high bpm,so your ability on play streams will have not enough practice :)
Espionage724
- Play insane streamy song until hand feels like breaking
- Don't play osu! for a day or however long it takes for your hand to recover
- Come back stronger then ever
- Repeat
(results not guaranteed though, in theory this should work :p)
sort of reminds me of super saiyan on Dragon Ball Z on how they can "almost" die and then heal and become a lot more powerful afterwards
silmarilen
also a nice way is to play maps that are way too hard for you, and then go back to a map that had too fast streams but is slower than what you played before, for me it always seems a bit easier then.
Topic Starter
Neptune
I have bought a new keyboard lately, not a mechanical one, but one with high keys, unlike my previous flat keyboard, I feel like streams are going better, but I still cannot follow 175+bpm streams. It goes like: 300-300-300-300-100-100-50-50 followed by mistimed hits.
I've been doing the stream compilation a lot, but I always fail at the first Marisa song.

If I watch how Cookiezi does his streams, it`s way more aberrant than how I do it, he mostly uses one finger, but if long streams come, he uses his other finger along with it. To know what I really mean you should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS-2evKMJ6I
My hand refuses to move like this, unfortunately.
kriers
Push yourself.
Push yourself.
Push yourself.

Play with proper gear.
Espionage724

Neptune wrote:

I have bought a new keyboard lately, not a mechanical one, but one with high keys, unlike my previous flat keyboard, I feel like streams are going better, but I still cannot follow 175+bpm streams. It goes like: 300-300-300-300-100-100-50-50 followed by mistimed hits.
I've been doing the stream compilation a lot, but I always fail at the first Marisa song.
I fail on that first marisa song too. Thing is, I passed that song a few times before too. Either I hit the stream near perfectly, or hit half of it then miss the rest :/
F m L_old
I usually can stream 200bpm streams but i cant do well on long streams like Cry of eternity or Revolution deathsquad (Deathstream rape)
-> 300 300 300 100 100 50 50 X X X X X

Well, My tip would be to play stream maps.
Kodoshi

ragelewa wrote:

I just can't do fast streams even if I have been training streams for like 8 months.
i know how you feel :(
Backfire
Play Taiko specific maps on relax, and configure your keys to your standard keyboard keys.
Should improve streaming a lot.
lolcubes
It's not really about the max speed that's the issue I think, atleast not for me.
I have serious problems staying onbeat on low and high bpm streams (streams longer than, lets say 12 notes or so). ;x;
Even though my max streaming speed is quite fast.

Practicing every day though, hopefully I get used to it. (not being a keyboard player is also a big minus, I'm a mouse clicker, only stream on keyboard ;x;)
tastelikecoke

ragelewa wrote:

Do you think that having hypermobile joints and cracking your knuckles all the time can have adverse effects on streaming speed, because I just can't do fast streams even if I have been training streams for like 8 months.
This. I'm not sure if I'm hypermobile, but my index finger phalanges does bend 90 degrees or something. Is that some kind of bane? Some people has the power to tackle 200 bpms even when they were playing first time.
JAKACHAN

JesusYamato wrote:

take a break from osu, come back stronger than ever.
i'm ranking dt that i couldn't even pass before atm. and i didn't play osu a lot these past 2months.
Best idea ever. I did the exact same and it had the exact same effect.
lolcubes

tastelikecoke wrote:

Some people has the power to tackle 200 bpms even when they were playing first time.
Well, depending on the person's background, it varies.
I am pretty sure since this is a music game (or rhythm game, whichever works) I bet some musicians or players from other rhythm games are playing this, having some experience in button mashing.
DarkDunskin
Best way to improve finger speed on both hands:
Path to Glory (beneath James training)
Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko Play Taiko.
threenash
Energy Drinks ftw!
Waryas
Especially monsters (the ripper version is guaranteed for results).
But it's pretty bad for your health..
threenash

JesusYamato wrote:

Especially monsters (the ripper version is guaranteed for results).
But it's pretty bad for your health..
+eat pastas
+drink Coca Cola Zero
LOL
thelewa
I tried drinking an energy drink and I ended up shaking for 10 hours :(
MarKKaM
Hmm... I gotta question. A friend of mine advised me to do push-ups on fingers to increase their strength (therefore speed, which i need). So, Can it really help?
those
Not necessarily, but perhaps.

Strength does not mean dexterity. You won't get a better score by hitting the buttons harder.
show more