forum

Background images...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Leniad
I'd like to see beatmaps having background images as a requisite for being ranked. Frankly, it'll only take five minutes of your time to google a suitable image, and backgroundless beatmaps look ugly :P
Kylecito
honestly i preffer backgroundless beatmaps to 200x200 resized anime images
eyup
Kylecito + 1. The current beatmap requirements are hard enough, no? :D Although I guess there could be a set of 'generic' backgrounds in-game which are very simple but not as drab as a plain BG. Clouds, stars, textures, stuff like that. Best example I can think of for a current beatmap is the Fall Memories background.
peppy
I agree with the OP about this one, I have to say. Maybe not by force, but urge people to use a 640x480 - 800x600 image or video for the background if they have something in mind. I wouldn't want to go changing the default backgrounds because skins provide their own, as well. Maybe the osu! default could do with some spicing up though ;)
awp
If worse comes to worse and there's absolutely no images available on google, you could always post a request to have someone throw something together with photoshop using cool fonts and brushes and filters and such.
Kylecito

awp wrote:

If worse comes to worse and there's absolutely no images available on google, you could always post a request to have someone throw something together with photoshop using cool fonts and brushes and filters and such.
get normal image
darken image
diffuse glow
hue set to BROWN
darken image more
put more glow

NEXT GEN
awp
you forgot to Save as...HDjpg