forum

Yooh - Road To The LegenD,

posted
Total Posts
show more
jeanbernard8865
mom i bubbled a map

changed a stream to be more fitting and lowered the hp to 5.5 cause some nc spams break drain ( also put 1/4 sliders on some snares at 03:39:613 (3,4,1) - )
Nao Tomori
victory road

random stuff
00:00:979 (1,2) - these all look so cramped lol just space them out some more

00:04:491 (4,1) - dont see the point of having a jump this big, it does feel weird even if the map uses very high spacing in the intense parts.

00:31:125 (3) - idk if this is taiko mapping speaking but a double here fits really well, like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10290219

00:36:393 (1,1,1) - dont see why these are nc'd

00:55:052 - i think kickslider works well here, since ignoring this tick sounds really weird

00:58:930 (7) - nc on these is nice to differentiate the "response" part of the melody

02:54:832 (3,4) - i think this can follow the melody with a click on this red tick 02:54:978 -

03:08:881 (2) - nc? lol

01:20:296 (5,6,1) - this is really awkward since the expected movement is upwards and none of the other patterns betray implied movement like this

actual stuff
00:31:418 (1,2,3) - these things play pretty awkward imo. since there is such a reduction in cursor movement, it feels very jerky and unpleasant to me. try to space the streams out a bit more from the slider ends if you can.

00:46:637 (1,2,1) - same kind of idea here. since 2-1 are paired together more, having 00:46:637 (1) - spaced further away from it would give it more of a connected feeling imo

01:01:857 (1,2,3) - this is very awkward since it breaks rotation pretty hard, but 3 isnt extremely important so i dont think having that flow change is good

00:46:637 (1,2,1,2) - 01:05:369 (1,2,3,4) - hmm

03:18:247 (4,5,6,7) - these just feel so overspaced. like they are 40% bigger than the previous instance of this but the song is very similar. try to make them more proportional.

03:28:783 (1,2) - i think this needs to follow the 3/4 melody better. having simplification like this is pretty lame imo. even 3 1/2 sliders works better

03:46:930 (1) - it would definitely be more interesting to follow the drum variation instead of sticking to the same melody that has been played. your hitsounding doesn't support the current rhythm either.

03:52:783 (1,2,3,4,5) - this overall feels very weird since there isnt anything important on the first 3 circles. even though theyre low spacing i think sliders work better.
[]
the biggest problem in this map is the spacing of sliders relative to each other compared to the spacing of circles. this applies in certain parts.
00:57:174 (1) - this part for example, the movement for sliders is way way easier than circles, but the parts with circles are not noticeably more intense. as a result you basically sit there for half of a melodic phrase doing nothing then have way faster movement for the 2nd part, though both parts are equal.

this problem is especially evident in patterns like 01:15:905 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - where the kick has a really high amount of movement compared to everything else in order to make a nice looking pattern. if you space out the sliders more then the movement would not feel as out of place.

01:18:539 (2,3,5,6) - same idea here

[]
as such, i think this map can use some more work, especially on the slower parts. i like the interesting jumps in the kiai and whatnot, but still needs polishing before moving forward.

please review this mod and let me know when you replied.
Mun
since its already popped

01:32:003 (3,4,5,6,1) - stream curve and spacing is a little bit malformed

01:47:515 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - a couple things here: 1) the musical pattern these 3 1-2 jumps follow is the same, but the third pair is way more spaced than the others. I'd probably just keep it consistent. 2) visual distance between 01:48:100 (1) - and 01:47:515 (1,2) - is way different from the visual distance between 01:48:247 (2) - and 01:47:808 (1,2) - if you decide not to fix the prior issue, at least fix this

01:50:735 (9,10) - these 2 beats fall on some of the only parts of the whole song without any real drum beat emphasis, but they are not differentiated at all - the spacing is only slightly lowered, and both are actively emphasized, both of which I feel detract from this change in music intensity

01:51:613 (1,2,3,4) - this is a bit of a huge reading challenge

02:21:174 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - this whole pattern is extremely different from the way you represent everything else of the exact same musical pattern and intensity in this section, which makes it a bit of a sudden and arbitrary spike

03:37:564 - this is basically the preclimax of the whole song, but the anticlimax of the whole map. I feel like pushing a button every second or so is really boring and doesn't represent the intensity with regard to the rest of the map around it very well
03:39:905 - here too

03:35:222 (1,2,1,2) - these really bother me, as the melody rhythm falls on 03:35:808 - 03:36:027 - 03:36:247 - but you are not actively emphasizing 2/3 of this. I'd suggest shortening 03:35:222 (1,1) - and going with either of the following rhythms

i wanna see this in ranked by the end of the month
jeanbernard8865

Mun wrote:

i wanna see this in ranked by the end of the month
dw one pop is not holding me back
Topic Starter
lazygirl

Naotoshi wrote:

victory road

random stuff
00:00:979 (1,2) - these all look so cramped lol just space them out some more It's intended to have them close together, in order to get the 4 by 4 grouping the song does on the string like sound.

00:04:491 (4,1) - dont see the point of having a jump this big, it does feel weird even if the map uses very high spacing in the intense parts. And continuing on the previous point, the intent is to have very big contrast between the 4 groupings: notes don't change much inside the 4 groupings, but the reset is clearly felt in the song

00:31:125 (3) - idk if this is taiko mapping speaking but a double here fits really well, like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10290219 isn't 4-5 a double already though? The repeat is there to follow the synth while making the player play 4-5 as a double like the drums suggest ^^ I don't wanna skip a tick like your example shows

00:36:393 (1,1,1) - dont see why these are nc'd They look too similar to the kicksliders from earlier, so I wanted to distinguish them. The player should see the NC spam and notice that these are most likely not 1/4 sliders like before but that rhythm has indeed changed.

00:55:052 - i think kickslider works well here, since ignoring this tick sounds really weird I fear this will cause both readability issues, as well as dampen the stationary snapping I want the player to have on these notes (hence the perfect stack into low spacing triple forcing the player to quickly snap from one to the other while slowing his movement a lot on the individual patterns)

00:58:930 (7) - nc on these is nice to differentiate the "response" part of the melody Sure thing ^^

02:54:832 (3,4) - i think this can follow the melody with a click on this red tick 02:54:978 - I don't hear any particularly strong sound that would suggest breaking the consistency of the currently ongoing pattern, so I don't think it's a good idea, will just confuse the player

03:08:881 (2) - nc? lol Who needs NC's kappa

01:20:296 (5,6,1) - this is really awkward since the expected movement is upwards and none of the other patterns betray implied movement like this Swapped 4 and 6

actual stuff
00:31:418 (1,2,3) - these things play pretty awkward imo. since there is such a reduction in cursor movement, it feels very jerky and unpleasant to me. try to space the streams out a bit more from the slider ends if you can. The reasoning behind this is double: first it's a blue tick stream, with 1/4 spacing between slider and stream, so I don't want it to read like a 1/2 jump, secondly, this follows the idea of the alternating slow and fast movement that the arpeggio synth suggests to me, so movement here is exactly how I picture it to fit the song ^^

00:46:637 (1,2,1) - same kind of idea here. since 2-1 are paired together more, having 00:46:637 (1) - spaced further away from it would give it more of a connected feeling imo Sure I increased spacing somewhat

01:01:857 (1,2,3) - this is very awkward since it breaks rotation pretty hard, but 3 isnt extremely important so i dont think having that flow change is good The rotation breaking has been present all along, 00:57:174 (1,2,3) - 00:59:515 (1,2,3) - so this one breaks rotation even more to reflect the change in drums and in synth pitch ^^

00:46:637 (1,2,1,2) - 01:05:369 (1,2,3,4) - hmm Fixed NC and spacing haha

03:18:247 (4,5,6,7) - these just feel so overspaced. like they are 40% bigger than the previous instance of this but the song is very similar. try to make them more proportional. Spacing is inline with the higher pitch stuff going on in places like 03:22:198 (6,1) - here. I think it's consistent and logical seeing the pitch changes in the song

03:28:783 (1,2) - i think this needs to follow the 3/4 melody better. having simplification like this is pretty lame imo. even 3 1/2 sliders works better This serves a double role of representing the lower intensity of the song on these sounds, as well as giving the player a tiny bit of rest from the streamjumps that are in those spots. Increasing density here would imo be awful for playability, mainly on such low pitch sounds.

03:46:930 (1) - it would definitely be more interesting to follow the drum variation instead of sticking to the same melody that has been played. your hitsounding doesn't support the current rhythm either. The idea behind this part was to have sliders on the start of the long synth notes, + drum notes when needed (either as passive or active note depending on the synth) the focus here isn't on the drums (as it never was the focus in the song unless whatever synth was playing in a section died to let the drums come out as stronger instrument).

03:52:783 (1,2,3,4,5) - this overall feels very weird since there isnt anything important on the first 3 circles. even though theyre low spacing i think sliders work better. I don't understand what you mean :? I'll ask you on discord later
[]
the biggest problem in this map is the spacing of sliders relative to each other compared to the spacing of circles. this applies in certain parts.
00:57:174 (1) - this part for example, the movement for sliders is way way easier than circles, but the parts with circles are not noticeably more intense. as a result you basically sit there for half of a melodic phrase doing nothing then have way faster movement for the 2nd part, though both parts are equal. Going by the violin's pitch, intensity increases gradually on each pack of two measures (I think that's what the gap between big white ticks is called?)
The jumpy part at the end of each second measure doesn't have necessarily higher pitch than the

this problem is especially evident in patterns like 01:15:905 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - where the kick has a really high amount of movement compared to everything else in order to make a nice looking pattern. if you space out the sliders more then the movement would not feel as out of place. Those parts are pretty low intensity though, with the only higher tension stuff happening being in the drums, so spacing is done accordingly. I don't think it's an issue as such,
and I plan on keeping the low slider spacing the way it is right now.

01:18:539 (2,3,5,6) - same idea here

[]
as such, i think this map can use some more work, especially on the slower parts. i like the interesting jumps in the kiai and whatnot, but still needs polishing before moving forward.

please review this mod and let me know when you replied.
Aight thanks, I'll discord PM right away ^^

Mun wrote:

since its already popped

01:32:003 (3,4,5,6,1) - stream curve and spacing is a little bit malformed Nah it's intentional decelerating spacing for the synth pitch

01:47:515 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - a couple things here: 1) the musical pattern these 3 1-2 jumps follow is the same, but the third pair is way more spaced than the others. I'd probably just keep it consistent. 2) visual distance between 01:48:100 (1) - and 01:47:515 (1,2) - is way different from the visual distance between 01:48:247 (2) - and 01:47:808 (1,2) - if you decide not to fix the prior issue, at least fix this I actually do want both 01:48:247 (2) - this to be higher spacing (for the fact that 2 actually has a violin note here, which the previous ones didn't). I also don't want it to be visually associated with the other double, even though it might look nicer, because of said difference in violin.
Plus I avoid a very acute angle on 01:47:954 (2,1,2) - this movement, making it almost similar to a back and forth, even tho I want to preserve rotation here 01:47:954 (2,1,2,1) - in order to break it during the stream for further emphasis.

01:50:735 (9,10) - these 2 beats fall on some of the only parts of the whole song without any real drum beat emphasis, but they are not differentiated at all - the spacing is only slightly lowered, and both are actively emphasized, both of which I feel detract from this change in music intensity Lowered spacing a bit more, but I don't add anything else to differentiate as I want the violin sounds to be clicked actively no matter the circumstance

01:51:613 (1,2,3,4) - this is a bit of a huge reading challenge I know, hence the perfect stack that has until now always been used for special emphasis + the low spacing double making it clear that it's a 1/4. Even if you mess up and read a 1/2 here, you don't miss ^^

02:21:174 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - this whole pattern is extremely different from the way you represent everything else of the exact same musical pattern and intensity in this section, which makes it a bit of a sudden and arbitrary spike It's also an odd change in the music with the offbeat drums, so I think this is nice to fit that ^^ it's also somewhat easier to play on the angles, as it flows quite nicely, so the increased spacing shouldn't be an issue.

03:37:564 - this is basically the preclimax of the whole song, but the anticlimax of the whole map. I feel like pushing a button every second or so is really boring and doesn't represent the intensity with regard to the rest of the map around it very well
03:39:905 - here too Nah, drums are basically dead, synth plays at very spaced intervals and this is a good place to but a short break, mainly since it's followed by a big spike in both aim and density.

03:35:222 (1,2,1,2) - these really bother me, as the melody rhythm falls on 03:35:808 - 03:36:027 - 03:36:247 - but you are not actively emphasizing 2/3 of this. I'd suggest shortening 03:35:222 (1,1) - and going with either of the following rhythms See explanation in nao's mod, it's the same concern pretty much ^^

i wanna see this in ranked by the end of the month Ayy captain
Thanks both of you for the mod ^^
jeanbernard8865
Allow me to suggest a perfectly stacked 1/2 for the violins without drum emphasis so that the absence of drums is reflected in the momentum and violins are clickable
Topic Starter
lazygirl

AyanokoRin wrote:

Allow me to suggest a perfectly stacked 1/2 for the violins without drum emphasis so that the absence of drums is reflected in the momentum and violins are clickable
Good idea ^^
jeanbernard8865
also, i strongly disagree with swapping 01:20:149 (4,6) - as the purpose of the map is to reflect the music through flow variations. this exact violin pattern doesnt happen anywhere else in the map because its other logical iteration would be 01:28:783 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - where the composer chose to do something entirely different. betraying movement was fine to begin with, and i think that now the pattern feels too similar to 01:27:027 (1,2,3,4,1) - 01:22:344 (1,2,3,4,1) - etc for an entirely different violin melody
Topic Starter
lazygirl

AyanokoRin wrote:

also, i strongly disagree with swapping 01:20:149 (4,6) - as the purpose of the map is to reflect the music through flow variations. this exact violin pattern doesnt happen anywhere else in the map because its other logical iteration would be 01:28:783 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - where the composer chose to do something entirely different. betraying movement was fine to begin with, and i think that now the pattern feels too similar to 01:27:027 (1,2,3,4,1) - 01:22:344 (1,2,3,4,1) - etc for an entirely different violin melody

Ok I went back on the previous pattern, but rotated 5-6 a bit to avoid the wide angle on 5-6-1 which wasn't intended
jeanbernard8865
“Shitposting” is an Internet slang term describing a range of user misbehaviors and rhetoric on forums and message boards that are intended to derail a conversation off-topic, including thread jacking, circlejerking and non-commercial spamming. On 4chan, the byproduct of shitposting is referred to as cancer.
Nao Tomori
dont rebub over pops unless the popping bn says you can ,
01:27:320 - i think a .5x 3/4 slider would fit very well here with the synth thing (the sudden piano > crescendo)

02:41:954 (1,2) - this looks soooo cramped wtf, space more plz

03:33:466 (1,2) - this also just looks really cramped, compare the visual spacing to all the other patterns like this, those look much better ( 03:35:222 (1,2) - ) so do that

03:48:100 (1) - do this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10346256 so the rhythm follows all the drums properly.
jeanbernard8865
whoops sorry i thought you were fine with it since you said you wouldnt veto
Nao Tomori
why did you pop - _ - i was gonna quali
Pachiru
unprofessional bn
Hysteria
AyanokoooooooooooooooooooooooRIN
Topic Starter
lazygirl

Naotoshi wrote:

dont rebub over pops unless the popping bn says you can ,
01:27:320 - i think a .5x 3/4 slider would fit very well here with the synth thing (the sudden piano > crescendo) sure

02:41:954 (1,2) - this looks soooo cramped wtf, space more plz aight spaced a bit more

03:33:466 (1,2) - this also just looks really cramped, compare the visual spacing to all the other patterns like this, those look much better ( 03:35:222 (1,2) - ) so do that aight more space

03:48:100 (1) - do this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10346256 so the rhythm follows all the drums properly. yep
We lost SR boyz
jeanbernard8865
got confirmation from nao that rebubbling was fine, and this has spent too much time in pending already. let's get this to ranked section !
Topic Starter
lazygirl

AyanokoRin wrote:

got confirmation from nao that rebubbling was fine, and this has spent too much time in pending already. let's get this to ranked section !
HYPE
Realazy
source should be SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS since that's the full name of the game

more tags you can add:
SDVX 3 SDVX3 The 4th KACオリジナル楽曲コンテストKonami Arcade Championship Original Song Contest
jeanbernard8865
fucking kill me already
Topic Starter
lazygirl

AyanokoRin wrote:

fucking kill me already
Not yet :lol:
Nao Tomori
lets give it a shot
Topic Starter
lazygirl
HYPE
Darky1
Did they make changes to the ranking criteria? the map doesn't have 5minutes of drain time, but can still be ranked with a single difficulty?

Approved Category is only for Marathon maps. Long maps with over 5 minutes of draining time fit the Approval category. Only then they are allowed to be single difficulty mapsets. If they are below 5 minutes of draining time, a full difficulty spread is needed and the map will have to be ranked instead.
Marathons must have a minimum drain time of 5 minutes. This excludes especially long mapsets from requiring a spread of difficulties.
https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Ranking_Criteria
Topic Starter
lazygirl

Darky1 wrote:

Did they make changes to the ranking criteria? the map doesn't have 5minutes of drain time, but can still be ranked with a single difficulty?

Approved Category is only for Marathon maps. Long maps with over 5 minutes of draining time fit the Approval category. Only then they are allowed to be single difficulty mapsets. If they are below 5 minutes of draining time, a full difficulty spread is needed and the map will have to be ranked instead.
Marathons must have a minimum drain time of 5 minutes. This excludes especially long mapsets from requiring a spread of difficulties.
https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Ranking_Criteria
It is 5 mins, the spinner at the end isn't shown on the site's drain time ^^
Darky1

lazyboy007 wrote:

It is 5 mins, the spinner at the end isn't shown on the site's drain time ^^
nice
jeanbernard8865
i swear if this gets dq'd im gonna murder someone

also flame icon in 2018
Pachiru
Mimiliaa
I want this to be dq. This isn't pp map in a pp map meta and the map is really a hard map maybe to hard map to be a ranked map !!!!!!
Topic Starter
lazygirl

My Angel MinG wrote:

I want this to be dq. This isn't pp map in a pp map meta and the map is really a hard map maybe to hard map to be a ranked map !!!!!!
!!!!!!
blobdash

lazyboy007 wrote:

My Angel MinG wrote:

!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!

gz lazy
Topic Starter
lazygirl

FruityEnLoops wrote:

gz lazy
ty
Mayno
Hype train choo chooooooooooo
SpectorDG
drum-hitnormal, soft-hitnormal are same?

Forgot to add tag : 嬬武器烈風刀
Topic Starter
lazygirl

SpectorDG wrote:

drum-hitnormal, soft-hitnormal are same?

Forgot to add tag : 嬬武器烈風刀
Drum-hitwhistle is the same as soft-hitnormal, but that’s intended. Also idk about the tag I’ll check later
EDIT: yeah the tag isn’t there but idk if it should be, wasn’t mentioned by anyone else :p
Fycho
Tags could be added online without a disqualification but if you want to fix it I can help you.
Topic Starter
lazygirl

Fycho wrote:

Tags could be added online without a disqualification but if you want to fix it I can help you.
Sure if it doesn't DQ the map I'm all for it ^^
Sotarks
Flame Icon kek
jeanbernard8865
reported the map for wrong icon
_DT3
Holy shit I forgot to mod this xddd

Gratz dude!!
show more