1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps

show more
posted
when osu meet maths
posted
oh in the map lol i thought u meant proof that latency exists in hardware and i was bewildered

all the unbuffered 1/8 sliders
all the 1/16 sliders

1/16 hitwindow is 21 ms
1/8 hitwindow is 42 ms

the 2nd question makes it sound like u dont know what latency Actually is tho; Latency is not a skill,, it doesnt make sense to say that a map demands hard latency, latency is a time interval of delay that is prevalent in all hardware

the latency required for these sliders is very minimal and for most players it will quite literally be RNG because of such hardware limits, tho there are some players who use high quality graphics cards, keyboards, video cards, e.t.c but Yall ForReal? Spending 2k CAD on osu btw

also i think it speaks for itself why latency would negatively affect a rhythm game............... delayed responses due to hardware in a game that requires timing is Lol, this negatively affects all maps due to timing window constraints it causes

i dont acutally care about the map btw i just wanted to make sure that people realize that this is an actual thing and this is the original/main reason mappers buffered sliders my first post before this was even ranked wasnt Srs Lol but uc never responded to my How Tho so gl osu dead game anyway peaked in 2001

sent from my telegram
posted
has VINXIS been secretly smart all this time!?!?!?!?
posted

Mishima Yurara wrote:

oh in the map lol i thought u meant proof that latency exists in hardware and i was bewildered

all the unbuffered 1/8 sliders
all the 1/16 sliders

1/16 hitwindow is 21 ms
1/8 hitwindow is 42 ms

the 2nd question makes it sound like u dont know what latency Actually is tho; Latency is not a skill,, it doesnt make sense to say that a map demands hard latency, latency is a time interval of delay that is prevalent in all hardware

the latency required for these sliders is very minimal and for most players it will quite literally be RNG because of such hardware limits, tho there are some players who use high quality graphics cards, keyboards, video cards, e.t.c but Yall ForReal? Spending 2k CAD on osu btw

also i think it speaks for itself why latency would negatively affect a rhythm game............... delayed responses due to hardware in a game that requires timing is Lol, this negatively affects all maps due to timing window constraints it causes

i dont acutally care about the map btw i just wanted to make sure that people realize that this is an actual thing and this is the original/main reason mappers buffered sliders my first post before this was even ranked wasnt Srs Lol but uc never responded to my How Tho so gl osu dead game anyway peaked in 2001

sent from my telegram
??? Universal offset exists. If you're consistently getting 15ms delay due to latency you account for that through adjusting offset. So I guess what you really mean is that 21ms is somehow unfair as a timing window? But at OD 10 you only have 1 +/- 19.5ms hitwindow anyways?

So what is your solution? Removing even more repeatsor something? I'm actually still confused since this isn't the same issue Nathan brought up (which isn't going to be fixed by removing repeats anyways).
posted
what
posted
posted
Lubię Hollow Wings
posted
Welp, it got to rank at least
i guess its already done anyway so

grats HW for rank
posted
gratz and enjoy slider breaks ctb
posted