forum

Ocelot - KAEDE

posted
Total Posts
show more
Silomare
Congratulations on qualify, such a great map!
leo16834
神圖無誤

恭喜RK~
fastmarkus
congratz, HW! amazing mapset :D
-Visceral-
Actually wait 03:16:131 (1) is snapped to 1/16 in EX EX fucj

EDIT: I feel like this issue was hard to detect mainly because of the hitsound volume. I understand that you probably did quieter hitsounds because of the buzz sliders, so maybe have 2 samples or something? I only realized the slider i linked after watching it in ctb with different hitsounds and hearing a delay
Raiden
sneaky 1/16
UndeadCapulet
technical difficulties
we'll be back soon
Nao Tomori
it was hard to detect cuz when u MA it u have to set it to 1/16th cuz theres a ton of 1/16th intended snaps lol
-Visceral-

Naotoshi wrote:

it was hard to detect cuz when u MA it u have to set it to 1/16th cuz theres a ton of 1/16th intended snaps lol
idk honestly with clearer hitsounds it was extremely easy to hear when watching the map tbh
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

Theaceae wrote:

Actually wait 03:16:131 (1) is snapped to 1/16 in EX EX fucj sorry for this stupid mistake, fixed.

EDIT: I feel like this issue was hard to detect mainly because of the hitsound volume. I understand that you probably did quieter hitsounds because of the buzz sliders, so maybe have 2 samples or something? I only realized the slider i linked after watching it in ctb with different hitsounds and hearing a delay
[Mahua]
老哥怎么死于bug
UndeadCapulet
this time i looked at the map!
Kawashiro
again
Nao Tomori
change kawa's diff to Kawa's EX ..
Kawashiro

Naotoshi wrote:

change kawa's diff to Kawa's EX ..
Stop to break my diff's originality

I'd talk about this with her. She said my diff is too easy to get this name. Actually only me did typical, simple and easy things bcuz of her request so I can accept "Extra" diffname lol
fieryrage
03:27:487 (1) - why is this like 0% volume on moechos xd
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

fieryrage wrote:

03:27:487 (1) - why is this like 0% volume on moechos xd check 00:12:233 (1) - in case of you missed it and come up with that in a sudden at later part. and that's because she do not want to emphasis those addtional taiko beats stronger than common drum track, so that volume setting shall be in that low level.
2zz

kyk ex

02:28:504 (3,4,1) - and 03:15:453 (2,3,4) - broken stacks
nokd
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

2zz wrote:

kyk ex

02:28:504 (3,4,1) - and 03:15:453 (2,3,4) - broken stacks this is an editor bug which happened when you save the progress of your map and then some objects will be moved a bit. that will countinue happening however you fix things like this, so just ignore those nazi issues, it won't effect the map itself really much.
nokd
defiance
I Think The Sliders In This Map Are Quite Fast
Lasse

UndeadCapulet wrote:

this time i looked at the map!
Kawashiro
congratz
VINXIS
sooner or later people will start buffering sliders not because of whiny singletappers but because of hardware limitations O.O

> goes against the song in every conceivable way if u dont use unbuffered sliders
> all if not most players have to hit early to hit the notes because of errors that are not in their control

What
Yunomi
buffer
Yunomi
can u guys start buffering sliders or just dont map at all. dead game. peaked in 2014, cya. Perma ridin the wave. Imagine spending all ur life on osu when u could be out there grinding hard $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :o $$$$$$$$ gucci gang shit niBBa
Nathan

UndeadCapulet wrote:

buffering literally goes against the song in every conceivable way, please stop telling people to do it

hello

this pic was me getting a full 300 on a stationary 1/16 repeat

this pic was me sliderbreaking on a stationary 1/16 repeat

goodbye
_handholding
the repeats do make things really unforgivable and would go well received if they were removed. The only con I can see by buffering the sliders is that it makes things less challenging for those that want one; even then I don't think it would be missed too much
UndeadCapulet
there are a million cons. the whole point of buzzsliders is that theres a continuous stream of sounds all the way to the next object. when you buffer sliders you remove a play experience that shows off that constant stream, from both the rhythm (players dont have to hold the key the whole time) and the cursor motion (players get to leave the slider way before all the beats are finished and dont get to feel any connection to the next object). and it sounds stupid in hitsounding. buffering automatically makes your map worse as far as im concerned

i dont care if you buffer buzzsliders in your own maps, just please stop running around telling other people that theyre supposed to do it, bc it does indeed go directly against the music in every conceivable way
RLC
Hello, I'm an new osu player I come from a very conservative country and I'm currently renting a room in downtown Tokyo. Ithink the rent is surprisingly cheap compared to where I come from (im renting a high room in one of the tallest buildings) but I share the building with the landlord. The landlord seemed like a normal man, but today when I come home I find him in the living room having sex with some blond girl and he asked me if I wanted to watch. I politely declined and went to my room and watched some anime. I think this is very weird and this would never happen in my country (you would probably be arrested bythe religous police). I'm wondering if this is normal behavior in Japan? And how do I ask him to stop?

abboud
Sent from my iPhone
ac8129464363
is it really worth it if most people are just going to straight up break or press early to avoid breaking, not exactly following the song anyways? it seems to me that you're exaggerating how much a player would notice a brief gap as opposed to dealing with an unbuffered slider

abboud
Sent from my iPhone
UndeadCapulet
it seems to me that you're exaggerating how hard it is to play an unbuffered slider
the brief gap is definitely noticeable, there's no reason to force mappers to conform to pure playability mentalities, especially when they hinder song expression so much
VINXIS
can u regard the fact that u need to hit in the 100 range for some sliders to even get a 300 on it or that there is such a thing such as hardware limitations??????????????? WHAT

this is a rhythm game im supposed to be playing to the rhythm Loooooooooool

>punished for playing on time

What............................................

the reason mappers buffer their sliders is so that their maps are properly playable to the rhythm but Ok

i would kinda need proof that it expresses the song SO MUCH that its worth to make a rhythm game not play like a rhythm game because im sure almost nobody sees it that way but then again its a dead game anyway no1 cares bout osu anymore it peaked in 2014 anyway Lol

Sent from my Blackberry
ScubDomino
im a cat meow
Shii

ScubDomino wrote:

im a cat meow
HI im a cat meow, I'm dad
UndeadCapulet
what

it doesnt matter if a buzz is buffered or not, the chance of getting a sliderbreak from a reverse arrow cutting out the hitwindow is the same

buffering only affects when you can leave a buzzslider, if anything it makes it harder for people to click early. the only way to keep that hitwindow-clipping from happening is by not using buzzsliders at all

people dont buffer buzzsliders to make clicking the next object easier, they buffer them so they dont have to hold their key down the entire time until the next object
Yunomi

UndeadCapulet wrote:

what

it doesnt matter if a buzz is buffered or not, the chance of getting a sliderbreak from a reverse arrow cutting out the hitwindow is the same

buffering only affects when you can leave a buzzslider, if anything it makes it harder for people to click early. the only way to keep that hitwindow-clipping from happening is by not using buzzsliders at all

people dont buffer buzzsliders to make clicking the next object easier, they buffer them so they dont have to hold their key down the entire time until the next object
Sent from my iPhone
Izzywing
broken game please fix
ConsumerOfBean
ive got some issues in this normal
nothing objectively unrankable but i really find a lot of this diff questionable at best..

00:21:216 (1) - the gap here seems too short considering this map usually uses 4/1 rhythms... start spinner a measure earlier and have it go for 2 measures to fix
the use of .9 spacing is jarring and gives a very weird feeling, plus i don't really see the point of it
00:45:622 (1,2) - these two sliders seem to have no correlation with how or why anchor points are used, leaving this feeling of random movement which doesn't really play well in this diff. also, the 1/1 gap is incredibly weird considering the majority of the map uses 4/1 sliders.. i'd increase it to a 2/1 gap.
00:52:402 (2,3) - not gonna lie this overlap is ugly :/
00:53:758 (3,1) - another 1/1 gap but this one fits a bit better so its ok i guess
00:56:470 (1,1,1) - i don't really understand your logic with these slider angles (this applies to the whole section). maybe i'm missing something but they seem kinda randomized and nonsensical
01:18:165 (1) - i have no idea why this section is so lightly mapped.. its still kiai but it gets much easier???
01:49:351 (1,2) - i'd suggest just removing this.. this might throw players off too easily and doesn't feel right with the slider ending on the downbeat.
01:58:843 (1) - push this back 2 beats to allow for a wider gap between the spinner and slider and also to represent the beginning of the static (or at least what i hear as the beginning?)
02:23:249 (1,2) - same as 00:45:622 (1,2) -
02:31:385 (3) - this slider is confusing because the most "major" noise in it is the downbeat but the anchor is at the beat before which i feel really doesnt represent that large noise on the downbeat at all
02:55:792 (1) - same as before, i'd really up this rhythm for at least some form of consistency..
Shohei Ohtani
man that sucks
Kilabarus
Sounds Good, Doesn't Work
Xinnoh
Regarding the buffered slider things, it would be more reasonable if all sliders consistently had their tails closest to the next object. It would make it more playable and still doesn't use buffering.

Here are some examples of non-buffered slider distance snaps:
00:57:317 (2,3) - 01:08:165 (2) - 2x
01:00:029 (2) - 01:02:741 (2) - 1x
01:00:538 (1) - 01:03:631 (2) - 0x

Changing sliders with 1/8 gaps that have 2x distance (closer to the head) to 1x distance (closer to tail) would be more fair to the player since they'd be able to keep their cursor on the previous slider circle for slightly longer.
show more