Topic Starter
maal
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1291618

underrated spinning powers
NixXSkate

maal wrote:

if you want REAL underrated spinning, how about Shinichi, kyuten, and Inozuma?
Varetyr
Just wanted to mention ReinaKiry, this player is doing pretty nice things in DT...
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/113959?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/92716?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/19320
^ a few examples ^
Hayden_old
ur all so racist to the Chinese and Koreans whats wrong with you therye human like us therye not like from mars or venus therye human beings too you know. :?:
Topic Starter
maal

NixXSkate wrote:

maal wrote:

me????????????????????????

also all of those are far from underrated, heh.
Jordan

NixXSkate wrote:

maal wrote:

Nemis too
CXu

Hayden wrote:

ur all so racist to the Chinese and Koreans whats wrong with you therye human like us therye not like from mars or venus therye human beings too you know. :?:
Wow, you're so racist. I'm from Mars :(
silmarilen

Jordan wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Nemis too
i hate nemis, he makes me lose so much pp with his spins
Winshley

silmarilen wrote:

lncognito wrote:

Learn to spin
:P

Speaking of which, Nemis can be my spin rival, because our spin speed are about the same. :?
Claire_old_1
Black Sheep
Iris
Flute
rEdo
TTTL
H4ppySt1ck
kriers
CXu
wobeinimacao
Thatgooey
Mythol is the hidden Canadian OP. All of these maps I am trying to hd/hr and he has done every single god damn one of them. And has amazing accuracy on all of them. I have no clue how I didn't notice him being so good. I had seen his name a few times before, but didn't realize how good he was. Props to you.
NixXSkate

Winshley wrote:

Speaking of which, Nemis can be my spin rival, because our spin speed are about the same. :?
no it isn't. Nemis can get around the same speed as Shinichi, but Shinichi is more consistent.

silmarilen wrote:

i know that feel
Defacer
Btw these days I thought about posting a really nice underrated players comment but I didn't really wanted to raise this old thread from the dust, so I am really glad someone else did it.
in no order, here are some pretty nicely underrated players
zeluaR
henry04216
Spicker
Teae
FukarioNN
homu-homu-tan
Kert
Akiko-
HineX
Tachibana Isana
TaNaBaTa
Prophet
Makou
SiLviA
thelewa
[-Nightmare-]
Uan
- Hakurei Reimu-
Kyou-kun
Andrea
fumis
rrtyui
SapphireGhost
Liut

Makou wrote:

SiLviA
thelewa
[-Nightmare-]
Uan
- Hakurei Reimu-
Kyou-kun
Andrea
fumis
rrtyui
SapphireGhost
this is the most underrated players not the "name 10 players you like thread"
Topic Starter
maal

Liut wrote:

Makou wrote:

SiLviA
thelewa
[-Nightmare-]
Uan
- Hakurei Reimu-
Kyou-kun
Andrea
fumis
rrtyui
SapphireGhost
this is the most underrated players not the "name 10 players you like thread"
what are you talking about

lewa is obviously underrated
Zakdawg
H4ppySt1ck

Can't really think of anyone else.
CXu
Most accuracy and consistency players. (as opposed to speed-players, who tends to get overrated).
Aqo
I don't get this view of separating speed and accuracy.
"Speed players" are players who are known for being able to do fast plays that other players can't. When they play easier stuff they get great accuracy on it which is either on par or better than others. The only difference between a "speed player" and an "accuracy player" is that the latter only plays easier maps.

Getting accuracy on faster maps is harder. It takes a lot more accuracy skill to get 92% on 240bpm than to get 99% on 200bpm. "speed" players are not worse at accuracy.

Also, PeaChick is underrated.
Liut

maal wrote:

lewa is obviously underrated
yeah, same for rrtyui most underrated player 2013
Tanzklaue

Aqo wrote:

I don't get this view of separating speed and accuracy.
"Speed players" are players who are known for being able to do fast plays that other players can't. When they play easier stuff they get great accuracy on it which is either on par or better than others. The only difference between a "speed player" and an "accuracy player" is that the latter only plays easier maps.

Getting accuracy on faster maps is harder. It takes a lot more accuracy skill to get 92% on 240bpm than to get 99% on 200bpm. "speed" players are not worse at accuracy.

Also, PeaChick is underrated.
the players cxu is referring to actually get bad accuracy on all speeds. the ones you are referring to are more likely the better consistency players, who are jsut amazing at everything (cookiezi being the best of those).

accuracy players get good accuracy in the BPM-range they're capable of playing, and normally if they pass faster maps their accuracy isn't too shabby either.

also, getting 99% on 200 BPM is harder than 92% on 240 BPM, since OD gets more forgiving on higher speeds.
Aqo

Tanzklaue wrote:

also, getting 99% on 200 BPM is harder than 92% on 240 BPM, since OD gets more forgiving on higher speeds.
it doesn't work like that, what you just said is only true for holding streams accurately, not all the other aspects of accuracy

i.e. it's easier to full 300 a stream on higher bpms than lower ones while being less stable on it. But that's not all there is to accuracy. Everything else becomes way harder the higher the bpm gets.

And there are no "players who get bad accuracy on all speeds" that anybody would mention here.
When people say "speed players" they refer to players like TTTL who is famous for a bunch of 93%~95% DT plays. And this guy is AMAZING at accuracy, he has 99.5% nomod plays on maps with less than top50 FCs, and HRHD plays with over 95% on hard stream maps.
Soarezi
CXu
H4ppySt1ck
SapphireGhost
Peachick
Sasakure
Dragonhuman
wobeinimacao

can't really figure out the rest
CXu
I wasn't talking about known players at all. I was just saying that generally, since speed > accuracy in terms of which skills are praised in this community, speed players are generally overrated compared to accuracy/consistency players.

Well, but since we're talking about it: generally speaking, accuracy/consistency players are capable of high-accing maps in their comfort bpm zone and down, always. If said player can't do, say 200bpm due to speed limit, then yes he'll get bad accuracy. That's because he can't keep up with the speed. He can play lower bpm though, because he in general is good at keeping rhythm, and is consistent throughout all maps he can play. If said player then gets a speed boost, he will instantly get high accuracy on higher bpm maps, because his accuracy is already built-in.

Then you have speed players, who can play 250bpm like it's "nothing" (probably not "nothing" but you get the idea). They do great at high bpm maps, some get scores in general in the 94-95% range, whereas some even go into high-acc such as 98%+. The problem is when these players play slower maps; they tend to overshoot or misread a lot, because they're way too used to playing higher bpm. They might get accuracies all the way down to 88% or lower on a regular 160~180bpm map. That's when they lack consistency in what they do, because it's not a physical limit that makes them loose accuracy as it is with the players I described above.

The best players in this game are those who are both; they are both capable of playing really high-bpm maps, as well as keeping consistency and accuracy within a whole range of different BPMs. Just because a player plays shitfast maps such as TTTL, doesn't mean he is a general "speed player", or at least that's not whom I'm referring to. Most of the known speed players tend to be quite consistent also on lower-bpm maps, so they fall under both cathegories, and are probably uuusually getting the attention/rating they deserve. But when you get to pure speed players, I think most people rate them way too much than pure accuracy/consistency players in this community.

Meh something like that.

Edit: @Soarezi: I'm probably more overrated than underrated tbh. I don't even play much anymore and all I do is some random stuff that no one feels like wasting time on doing.

Edit2: Just for the sake of it.

Aqo wrote:

I don't get this view of separating speed and accuracy. - They are two different things, one dependant on physical ability, the other on mental ability.
"Speed players" are players who are known for being able to do fast plays that other players can't. When they play easier stuff they get great accuracy on it which is either on par or better than others. The only difference between a "speed player" and an "accuracy player" is that the latter only plays easier maps. - Speed players, at least those I refer to, are those who either don't get great accuracy on high-bpm maps, or gets low accuracy on lower-bpm maps, or both.

Getting accuracy on faster maps is harder. It takes a lot more accuracy skill to get 92% on 240bpm than to get 99% on 200bpm. "speed" players are not worse at accuracy. - No it doesn't take more "accuracy skill" to get 92% on 240bpm. I can easily do 240bpm and get high accuracy as long as my stamina allows me to. Getting high accuracy on higher speeds is the exact same thing as getting them on lower speeds. Accuracy is a mental thing; make your finger click on time. If you have great accuracy, it's only when you're physically limited that you get bad accuracy at high-speed play.

Also, PeaChick is underrated. - Probably every other japanese player as well.
-GN

CXu wrote:

Most accuracy and consistency players. (as opposed to speed-players, who tends to get overrated).
read: oscar
Winshley

CXu wrote:

... me?

*hides* :roll:
Kanye West

-GN wrote:

CXu wrote:

read: oscar
oscar is a beast

so is zisam
fartownik
@CXu: Your argument is valid only for a small group of players. Most of the 'speed' players, as you call them, can do pretty much the same scores as the accuracy players if they put the same amount of effort into trying. An accuracy player spends 20 retries to SS a nomod map, a 'speed' player spends 20 retries to FC a 240bpm map. Which is better? I think FCing a fast-as-fuck map is better than SSing a regular Insane. The acc players are praised for the accuracy that every good speed player can do, which is OVERRATING.
Lapis-

fartownik wrote:

@CXu: Your argument is valid only for a small group of players. Most of the 'speed' players, as you call them, can do pretty much the same scores as the accuracy players if they put the same amount of effort into trying. An accuracy player spends 20 retries to SS a nomod map, a 'speed' player spends 20 retries to FC a 240bpm map. Which is better? I think FCing a fast-as-fuck map is better than SSing a regular Insane. The acc players are praised for the accuracy that every good speed player can do, which is OVERRATING.

this x10000000
kriers

fartownik wrote:

I don't think you're referring to most speed players, but a smaller group of genuinely good players that prefer to play fast maps over SSing nomods, such as yourself. There's absolutely not harm done in that, however, players would often seek to improve their speed before their accuracy thanks to what is regarded as skill these days, and also because playing fast maps is often very addicting.
Because of this, it's not unlikely to come across a lot of players that, although they are able to play fast maps with okay accuracy, can't really improve this accuracy when they try the same map on nomod. That being because the AR is too low, or the BPM is too low is no excuse. It's simply a lack of skill.

Take this mapset https://osu.ppy.sh/b/146372 for instance. I think there's a high probability that some of the players who impressively managed to FC this map with DT would not have been able to SS it with nomod nor with hidden or get a decent accuracy with HR. This is where accuracy players become underrated.
Tshemmp
I have a few friends who regularly beat me on high bpm (240 upwards) maps because I just can't keep up properly. But when it comes to medium bpm maps (around 190) I nearly always beat them because of better accuracy.
Winshley
jesus1412: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/35015 First on Top 40 with no mods. :P
silmarilen

Winshley wrote:

more like first to nomod, the other guy is a cheater
buny

silmarilen wrote:

Winshley wrote:

more like first to nomod, the other guy is a cheater
it is pretty easily passable if you can read low ar + spam keys
thelewa
It's definitely easy to pass taking into consideration that the only one who passed it is a person who cannot in any way read low AR

Also, Four Dimensions is an easy map to SS, all you need to be able to do is stream fast
silmarilen
yes easy to pass, thats why after 3.5 years it's only been done once
thelewa
it's easy to levitate all you need to be able to do is defy gravity
silmarilen
its easy to move through solid mass, all you need to be able to do is move all atoms seperately
Aqo

thelewa wrote:

It's definitely easy to pass taking into consideration that the only one who passed it is a person who cannot in any way read low AR
you don't even know

jesse is the EZ master now

you really haven't caught up to anything have you
show more