Two Door Cinema Club - Cigarettes In The Theatre

posted
Total Posts
show more
MMzz
Can I make a taiko please?
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
I don't want any taiko-only difficulties on this one, sorry.
GladiOol
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
Pending, hooray!
Rukario
Before anything happens here:
Remove hatsune miku touhou from the tags. :D
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

Rukarioman wrote:

Before anything happens here:
Remove hatsune miku touhou from the tags. :D
Such a shame, that was classic to rank a map with tags like that back in the day \:D/ Anyway removed lol :>
foulcoon
i dont feel like modding this but just know that the song is really catchy and i like it <3
Natteke
Fucking awesome hitsounds. Especially whistles. I love 'em.
Breeze
Sadly, your mp3 is 320 kbps, which is unrankable according to current ranking rules
Record your mp3 to one between 128kbps - 192kbps or find another mp3, please
Since record or change mp3 would make timing change, so after you done this, feel free to ask me back for a full mod

EDIT : OK, mod here

Red : Unrankable/error staff
Blue : Important things that I think you'd better fix
Black : Just suggestions

General

1. Total score of [Insane] diff. is over 1800W, try to do some changes so that score is blow 1800W?

Timing

1. I've got a timing
    BPM/Offset
    169/4654
    169/95560,
    If you feel this one is better, then use this one

Normal

1. Some spacing was a bit close to previous one and after one note, might be confusing as to normal diff. like 01:21:872 (6), not a big deal anyway

Gladi's Hard

1. Just my personal feeling, I don't like tiny jumps like 00:44:417 (1), which was after 2 continuously 1/4 beat space sliders, it played bad for me, but for those tiny jumps after unique note or slider, that played well.

yay, nice map, call me back for a recheck when you have reply
Kurai
Ohai ~

General :
  1. Slider tick rate should be the same everywhere in the mapset because it is based on the music and not on the difficulty, so use tick 2 in Easy and Normal too.
Easy :
  1. As this song is not slow, AR2 don't really fit. Use AR3 instead, the map would be fluider.
  2. 00:39:985 (2) - The end of this slider sounds odd to me, it should end where the drum triple starts, otherwise this slider feels late. So reduce this slider by 1/2.
  3. 00:45:665 (2) - Same for this one.
  4. 02:08:210 (2) - For the same reasons, this slider should end 1/2 ealier.
  5. This is typically the kind of easy diffs I like, it flows so nicely, good job :3
Normal :
  1. 00:38:387 (4) - This note should have a new combo mark since there is only 1 second between this note and the previous one. It needs a new combo because during this second, the HPs will decrease, if you have a new combo on this circle, the player will recover some HPs which can prevent some stupid fails. (Don't forget that players who play this kind of difficulties aren't very experimented !)
Gladi's Hard :
  1. OD7 is kinda high for a Hard, consider decreasing it by 1 tick.
  2. 00:38:387 (6) - I won't copy/paste, so read what I said for this in Normal xD
  3. 01:04:482 (2) - This slider feels odd, I don't really on what it is based on the music :/
    Try something like this instead ? :
  4. 02:41:050 (2) - Same for this slider.
Insane :
  1. 00:38:387 (8) - Same as in Normal (I won't copy/paste)
  2. <3
This map is really awesome to play, I hope to see this ranked soon. (But please, try to get more mods before D:)
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

Breeze wrote:

Timing

1. I've got a timing
    BPM/Offset
    169/4654
    169/95560,
    If you feel this one is better, then use this one
Fixed the timing using your suggestions. Everything else was intentional.

KuraiPettan wrote:

Ohai ~

General :
  1. Slider tick rate should be the same everywhere in the mapset because it is based on the music and not on the difficulty, so use tick 2 in Easy and Normal too.
I do think it's important the slider tick rate isn't to high on easy difficulties. A higher tick rate makes sliders harder. Tick rate 1 is also just right for the hitsounds I'm using.

Easy :
  1. As this song is not slow, AR2 don't really fit. Use AR3 instead, the map would be fluider.ok, I don't see the difference both settings are slow anyway :D
  2. 00:39:985 (2) - The end of this slider sounds odd to me, it should end where the drum triple starts, otherwise this slider feels late. So reduce this slider by 1/2. It ends where the guitar ends
  3. 00:45:665 (2) - Same for this one. ^
  4. 02:08:210 (2) - For the same reasons, this slider should end 1/2 ealier. ^
  5. This is typically the kind of easy diffs I like, it flows so nicely, good job :3
Normal :
  1. 00:38:387 (4) - This note should have a new combo mark since there is only 1 second between this note and the previous one. It needs a new combo because during this second, the HPs will decrease, if you have a new combo on this circle, the player will recover some HPs which can prevent some stupid fails. (Don't forget that players who play this kind of difficulties aren't very experimented !)
Not changing this in any of the difficulties. If a player fails because of this he's simply not skilled enough for the difficulty.

Gladi's Hard :
  1. OD7 is kinda high for a Hard, consider decreasing it by 1 tick. od7 is just right
  2. 01:04:482 (2) - This slider feels odd, I don't really on what it is based on the music :/
    Try something like this instead ? :
  3. 02:41:050 (2) - Same for this slider.
They both perfectly follow the guitar. Gladi and I always map both the vocals and instruments.

This map is really awesome to play, I hope to see this ranked soon. (But please, try to get more mods before D:)

\:D/
Kurai
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Discussed on IRC)
Breeze
/o/ It seems there's no need to recheck
lolcubes
Alright, lets take care of this one month old request haha. Hopefully I don't miss anything!

[Insane]
  1. IRC (no log necessary, I am ashamed of what I did ;x; 1 grid crap)
[Gladi's Hard]
  1. This could be quite hard for a hard, especially if you compare it to the insane, it's too similar. Reduce HPdrain and OD by 1.
  2. 00:36:612 (4) - If you compare the hitsounds to the previous similar slider, you are missing a whistle at the end. (00:33:772 (4))
  3. 01:12:115 (3) - I suggest to remove one repeat. Double repeat is kinda awkward and you can't really follow the drums really nice here. The guitar kinda holds so I don't think you could say it follows it explicitly either. Just having an empty spot could reduce the difficulty a bit (it's quite hard for a hard) and it would have nothing where the drums play, which is better than something that doesn't really follow it imo. You could distance the next note slightly further away, a bit up and left and then just adjust accordingly, afterwards.
  4. 02:36:615 (1) - Don't think you really need a new combo for this. I think it would look cleaner without it, but I don't mind it that much. Up to you.
  5. 02:47:453 (4,1) - Reduce the spacing a bit, I think it's too big for a hard. (well atleast it's too sudden)
[Normal]
  1. General: I don't like how you used your spacing. It's a normal. If you want to use 1.1x to make patterns pretty, use it for everything then. Else just stack the notes a bit (use 0.8x spacing). You did this for your sliders, but not for the circles. This could be confusing for the new people ;x;.
  2. HPD-1, OD-1. That normal is on the harder side, this could help newer people in playing it.
  3. 00:53:654 (3,4,5) - I like this pattern but you should make them closer to each other, so they are more similar to the spacing you used everywhere else pretty much.
  4. 01:39:100 (3,4,5) - ^
  5. 02:36:615 (1) - Just like I mentioned in gladi's hard, you could remove this NC. You didn't use it in the Insane anyway.
[Easy]
  1. 02:10:875 (2) - You're missing a finish at the start.
I liked the mapset, but please, try to equalize the spacing in normal somehow. I think that's the only issue with this mapset. The diff spread could be better, but it's nothing that serious, since the song is pretty straightforward and nothing complex in Normal (apart from that spacing).
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

lolcubes wrote:

[Gladi's Hard]
  1. This could be quite hard for a hard, especially if you compare it to the insane, it's too similar. Reduce HPdrain and OD by 1. Diff settings are just right for a hard difficulty
  2. 00:36:612 (4) - If you compare the hitsounds to the previous similar slider, you are missing a whistle at the end. (00:33:772 (4)) intentional
  3. 01:12:115 (3) - I suggest to remove one repeat. Double repeat is kinda awkward and you can't really follow the drums really nice here. The guitar kinda holds so I don't think you could say it follows it explicitly either. Just having an empty spot could reduce the difficulty a bit (it's quite hard for a hard) and it would have nothing where the drums play, which is better than something that doesn't really follow it imo. You could distance the next note slightly further away, a bit up and left and then just adjust accordingly, afterwards. this slider combo follows the guitar, an empty spot here would kill the flow[/color
  4. 02:36:615 (1) - Don't think you really need a new combo for this. I think it would look cleaner without it, but I don't mind it that much. Up to you.
  5. 02:47:453 (4,1) - Reduce the spacing a bit, I think it's too big for a hard. (well atleast it's too sudden)Looks like an ordinairy jump to me. Nothing too hard about it.
[Normal]
  1. General: I don't like how you used your spacing. It's a normal. If you want to use 1.1x to make patterns pretty, use it for everything then. Else just stack the notes a bit (use 0.8x spacing). You did this for your sliders, but not for the circles. This could be confusing for the new people ;x;. It's something new yes, but there is a clear difference between 1/1 and 1/2. I don't believe this map would cause trouble for the average normal-player.
  2. HPD-1, OD-1. That normal is on the harder side, this could help newer people in playing it. Reducing the difficulty settings on every difficulty won't help to improve the difficulty spread, at least on this map.
  3. 00:53:654 (3,4,5) - I like this pattern but you should make them closer to each other, so they are more similar to the spacing you used everywhere else pretty much. that's right, fixed
  4. 01:39:100 (3,4,5) - ^ fixed
  5. 02:36:615 (1) - Just like I mentioned in gladi's hard, you could remove this NC. You didn't use it in the Insane anyway.
[Easy]
  1. 02:10:875 (2) - You're missing a finish at the start.
fixed
Thanks!
lolcubes
Okay, we added OD +1 on Insane, because having almost same difficulty settings and similar playability is not good to have between the hard and the insane.
Diff spread is okay, probably the normal could have been a little easier but its quite relaxing and nothing too serious.

My first rank \:D/
Bakario
cooooooooooool
mancuso_JM_
Congratz Lesjuh!! I love it :D
Chewin
Gratz lesjuh :3
spboxer3
congratz~<3
Zare
This could have been submitted today and no one would assume it's a 2011 map