forum

[Archived] Stuttering during spinner leading to 500+ RPM?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nelly979
Hi there. So, this is something that happened to me around a month and a half back but I neglected to post anything about it till now. I've done my best to check for previous posts about this, so please let me know if this is already known.

If I play Osu! right after my PC boots up, or straight after connecting to a wireless connection, I tend to get a lot of stuttering in my game, which is often nothing more than a minor annoyance.
I played a map which started with a spinner and during this spinner I encountered some bad stuttering. However, all the movement I made during this time seemed to register, leading to me hitting over 500rpm and getting 39,000 score on a spinner which I would normally struggle to achieve 10,000 on. This can be seen in the replay I have attached, as well as some instances further on where my cursor appears to teleport during these stutters.

Obviously, it's not something which can be reliably replicated, but were I to SS this map after, my score would be high enough so that it could not feasibly be beaten nomod, which is not only problematic for other users trying to set scores, but also for myself were I to be thought to be hacking, for example.

I've attached the replay here to demonstrate - the issue in question occurs only a few seconds into the map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q44hnhujs0srs ... u.osr?dl=0

Thanks for your time.
babble4
Topic Starter
nelly979

babble4 wrote:

yo

bb

t/163970
I've taken a look at the thread and think the issue I'm posting is slightly different. Rather than limiting spinner performance, it allows me to get much more score than would otherwise be possible from it. Thank you regardless ^^
babble4
o

well i was never a good reader
Trosk-
Hello!

Which version of osu! are you using? Stable / CE or Stable (Fallback)? Thanks