forum

Sana - Goodbye, Ms. Floral Thief

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
okidai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 15 November 2017 at 01:03:49

Artist: Sana
Title: Goodbye, Ms. Floral Thief
BPM: 170
Filesize: 5250kb
Play Time: 03:03
Difficulties Available:
  1. flower (5.92 stars, 582 notes)
Download: Sana - Goodbye, Ms. Floral Thief
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
terrible map
Firinael
Why make a jump map out of this song?

Edit: as in, something that looks like a jump practice map.
Topic Starter
okidai

Firinael wrote:

Why make a jump map out of this song?

Edit: as in, something that looks like a jump practice map.
I quite like jump maps, when i started playing I always fell in love with jump maps and I still absolutely love jump maps to this day. One of my favorites that I really like is Konuko - Toumei Elegy [Ultimate Reverberant Goukanau] (by Awaken) or USAO - Dynamite (Extended Mix) [TWERK] (by sukiNathan).

After starting to map this song i realized that the bpm was too low and the song was too soft for the type of map that i wanted to create so I'm trying to push this map to the limit without making it feel akward to play c:
Firinael

Your Sensei wrote:

I quite like jump maps, when i started playing I always fell in love with jump maps and I still absolutely love jump maps to this day. One of my favorites that I really like is Konuko - Toumei Elegy [Ultimate Reverberant Goukanau] (by Awaken) or USAO - Dynamite (Extended Mix) [TWERK] (by sukiNathan).

After starting to map this song i realized that the bpm was too low and the song was too soft for the type of map that i wanted to create so I'm trying to push this map to the limit without making it feel akward to play c:
Oh, okay, that makes sense. If you still feel like pushing the map to be jumpy I'd suggest taking a look at both of these Sakura no Zenya maps, I feel like they handle the balance between regular mapping and jumps pretty well, and in a low BPM song as well. By the way, I think the higher SR one will probably be a bit more helpful to you.

I know this isn't too helpful, but I've found that looking at maps for similar songs/styles of the one I want to make help out a lot (at least to me). Maybe you can get some clarity out of it as well.
Topic Starter
okidai

Firinael wrote:

Oh, okay, that makes sense. If you still feel like pushing the map to be jumpy I'd suggest taking a look at both of these Sakura no Zenya maps, I feel like they handle the balance between regular mapping and jumps pretty well, and in a low BPM song as well. By the way, I think the higher SR one will probably be a bit more helpful to you.

I know this isn't too helpful, but I've found that looking at maps for similar songs/styles of the one I want to make help out a lot (at least to me). Maybe you can get some clarity out of it as well.
Thank you I'll take a look at them! <3
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.