positive MAD-crew - Mynarco Addiction

posted
Total Posts
64
show more
-Space-
05:39 -Space-: make ur map cs4
05:39 -Space-: 00:04:067 (1) - ctrl+a delete
05:39 -Space-: kudos
05:41 -Faded-: ok done
05:42 -Space-: 00:16:996 (1) -
05:42 -Space-: you should make them slower to reflect the lack of ambience alongside the 1/1
05:42 -Space-: 00:22:880 (5) -
05:45 -Faded-: hmm alright done both
05:51 -Space-: First I think the volume should be a bit louder before this so there isnt much contrast and also move it to the right one for the blanket
05:52 -Space-: 00:25:283 (5) - NC, you nc'ed something similar at00:22:963 (1) so it would play more consistently imo
05:52 -Space-: 00:29:924 (3) - ^, at 00:27:272 (1) was also NC
05:57 -Space-: 00:48:487 (3,4) , and 00:53:791 (5,6) - these are the same type of music in the song, like a repeat in pitch ect. so I think you should either do an anti-jump or remove the previous antijump
05:57 -Space-: 01:02:907 (3) - ctrl+g for circular flow
05:59 -Space-: 01:26:195 (9,1) -
06:04 -Space-: 01:43:929 (6) - this note makes the circular come off too straight too quick, the cursor feels forced to suddenly straighten out here, I think you should make the curve more subtle here and continue to follow the circle trail of the stream
06:06 -Space-: 01:49:979 (6) -
06:06 -Space-: ctrl+g this slider then move it to the left for the cursor flow
06:06 -Space-: 01:50:642 (3) - matches this slider design
06:07 -Space-: 01:57:769 (4,5,6,7,1) - love this
06:09 -Space-: 02:13:184 (2) -
06:09 -Space-: 02:13:681 (4,2) - stack these?
06:13 -Space-: 03:05:891 (2,3) -
06:15 -Space-: 03:36:554 (3) - missing an important vocal at 03:36:719 ?
06:16 -Space-: 03:47:659 (5) - flow feels too disjointed here,
06:20 -Space-: 04:43:847 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
06:20 -Space-: 04:44:344 (7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) -
06:21 -Space-: 9


We discussed the majority of these changes on discord vc.
bezbashn
Melancholy

General


Is CS 7 so important w_w ? I don't know if I can be that sceptic about it, tho. But at the end of the day I can't imagine a player, who would get full fun of this map. The patterns in general are amazing and the flow is on point, and all of this (for me) is getting ruined by this overpriced circle size. Decreasing it to 5.5 already brings the new feel and potential for this map. For now, every single setting in this mapset I'm cool with, except for this CS. Imo this is "2010 theme" with huge CS'es, so it could gain more stars. Idk... If your statement for this CS is pretty strong, so what can I do about it ? Right - just cry into my pillow at night. That's it...

Mapping

00:04:233(2,3) - Since this a 7 star map, I think, that placement like this would fit


00:07:880 - Maybe 4 "pixels" lower ?
00:20:642 - I personally would prefer this pattern


01:22:633(5) - Feels kinda off in stream
01:43:598(2) - ^. Moving (1) a bit lower must do the trick
04:38:874(1) - ^
01:55:946(2) - You can move this 3 pixels down, so it makes a perfect blanket
03:15:007(1) - Mb move 1 pixel down ? Better flow imo

As I said above - for me the most things in the map feels great. Nothing to say about it. You've done a very good job in process of making this map.
Please, pay attention for my opinion about CS. I think, that it's very important thing. Thank you
Topic Starter
-Faded-

bezbashn wrote:

Melancholy

General


Is CS 7 so important w_w ? I don't know if I can be that sceptic about it, tho. But at the end of the day I can't imagine a player, who would get full fun of this map. The patterns in general are amazing and the flow is on point, and all of this (for me) is getting ruined by this overpriced circle size. Decreasing it to 5.5 already brings the new feel and potential for this map. For now, every single setting in this mapset I'm cool with, except for this CS. Imo this is "2010 theme" with huge CS'es, so it could gain more stars. Idk... If your statement for this CS is pretty strong, so what can I do about it ? Right - just cry into my pillow at night. That's it... I will not be reducing the cs. Firstly, there are lots of players who enjoy small cs sizes, such as myself and many others. I appreciate you complimenting my flow and patterns, but you cannot say that they've been "ruined" by the cs since I mapped the entire thing from cs7 - if anything, reducing the cs would ruin the entire map. Changing the cs would be defeating the entire purpose and theme of the map, so the answer is no.

Mapping


00:04:233(2,3) - Since this a 7 star map, I think, that placement like this would fit I like the current placement more as it lets out the circular flow better.


00:07:880 - Maybe 4 "pixels" lower ? Why? It looks fine as it is.
00:20:642 - I personally would prefer this pattern done


01:22:633(5) - Feels kinda off in stream It's to emphasise the second beat.
01:43:598(2) - ^. Moving (1) a bit lower must do the trick Moved a bit lower.
04:38:874(1) - ^ This is fine
01:55:946(2) - You can move this 3 pixels down, so it makes a perfect blanket I want to keep the three sliderheads equidistant, so no change.
03:15:007(1) - Mb move 1 pixel down ? Better flow imo Okay.

As I said above - for me the most things in the map feels great. Nothing to say about it. You've done a very good job in process of making this map.
Please, pay attention for my opinion about CS. I think, that it's very important thing. Thank you
Thanks for modding.
Weber
what the fuck

this shit cray
Rainbow-
General

have fun with your cs7
maybe chill with your OD9

Melancholy

00:53:128(1,2,3,4) - why is this pattern so big, I barely hear any important sounds here. Possibly make this pattern smaller.
01:03:736(1,2,3) - ^
01:05:725(1,2,3,4) - ^
01:06:719(5,1) - The distance you have to travel to hit the note is a bit far. Maybe shorten it
01:17:161(2,1) - ^
01:41:195(1,2,3,4) - refer to problem 1
01:59:675(2,3) - refer to problem 4
03:13:018(1,2,3,4) - too big imo
04:01:747 - this would of been a nice place for a stream, but if you're going to keep the jumps y r they so hoog.

good map, plays really well and designed near flawlessly, although, theres a lot of things here to tone down the diff. Keeping in mind that this is cs7.
lol have fun dealing with QAT's if they confront you about cs7.
rockstarrzz
Hi, from modreqs

Damn, when I saw a CS7 7.5* AR9 OD9 I expected cancer, but this looks really fun.
Unable to playtest atm so will just be looking in editor - I may add some stuff when I play it, it looks tons of fun
might need to check in with Sotarks, think hes patented the 'Melancholy' difficulty name :^)

CS7 is fucking mental, but I guess if this is your style then I can't complain, it makes it unique, I like it
AR9 is a little harsh though, be lenient and make it ar9.3
00:04:399 (3,4) - kinda ugly overlap
00:07:880 (5) - blanket head with 4
00:18:487 (6) - out of play area?
00:13:681 (6,7,8) - reduce sv a little?
00:24:620 (3,4) - ^
00:26:940 (7,8,1,2,1,2) - make this neat
00:27:272 (1,1) - dunno if NC's are necessary
00:29:095 (7) - could pull the red anchor down a bit to make the shape more noticeable?
00:31:747 (3) - isn't quite overlapped properly with 00:31:747 (3)
00:37:051 (6) - change sv, not sure if it will work better slow or faster but I think it needs changing
00:44:178 (3) - stack properly
00:46:996 (3) - could overlap tail with one of the notes in the stream
00:48:487 (3,4) - not a fan of stack here
00:50:808 (1,1,1) - could remove nc?
00:51:802 (1,3,5) - i think making these symmetrical would look nicer
00:54:454 (2,4,6) - these look too janky, neaten them up a bit
00:56:775 (3,4) - move closer to the center so equal gap between all four slider tails
00:57:106 (1,5) - same as before, maybe symmetrical
01:02:907 (3) - ctrl+g ?
01:05:725 (1,2,3,4) - that's a bit op, reduce spacing a tad
01:43:847 (5,6,7,8,9) - curve this down a bit https://i.gyazo.com/aa54fec9a63ac2cf255 ... 3894bd.png and make the first 6 a perfect circle
01:54:786 (5,6) - this is awk to aim compared to the previous jumps, keep consistent angles
01:57:769 (4,5,6,7) - could space it so it perfectly covers the slider and stack 7 on the tail properly
02:21:305 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - space this out a little more, it's doesn't encapsulate the intensity enough imo
02:26:609 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - eh not a fan of this
03:01:664 (9,1) - too intense of a jump i think
03:14:344 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - same as before, space these out a bit
03:22:631 (5,1) - nah. flow is non existent looks really awkward, change this up pls
03:50:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - neaten this up, maybe an S shape
03:55:614 (1) - stack on 3
04:01:416 (1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3) - reduce spacing a little
04:12:686 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - same again
04:17:327 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - YES LIKE THIS, do this for the other 3 times i mentioned
04:21:968 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16)
04:27:935 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - make that curve a bit more gently, angle too sharp
04:28:515 (8,1,2,3,4,1) - make it a perfect circle
04:38:543 (6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - not a huge fan of this stream, looks really hard to hit, I'll have to see though, and NC on first note (6)
04:42:852 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - perfect circle
04:43:764 (16,1,2,3,4) - angle looks a bit too sharp
04:53:626 (2) - overlap tail properly
04:54:703 (4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - perfect circle
05:00:753 (1) - remove nc
05:07:714 (1,2,3,4) - move this a tad closer to 05:08:045 (1) - looks a bit awk to aim
05:09:040 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - more circular
05:10:034 (5,6,7,8,1) - do this but with maybe 6 or 7 notes, the loop is a bit too small
05:11:029 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - i reckon something like this works a bit better https://i.gyazo.com/253a2dc1207d27fc5a3 ... 48dabd.png (just make sure the circle part is perfect)

I gotta say this is a damn fantastic map, can't wait to play it, really hope you go far with it, looks brilliant. Imma drop you a fav and a few stars too :D
-Space-
rEEEE

someone using something other than CS 3 - 5. Burn them at the stake.
Topic Starter
-Faded-

Rainbow- wrote:

General

have fun with your cs7
maybe chill with your OD9

Melancholy

00:53:128(1,2,3,4) - why is this pattern so big, I barely hear any important sounds here. Possibly make this pattern smaller. I made the pattern big here to emphasise the melody, shouldn't be too much of a problem.
01:03:736(1,2,3) - ^ ^
01:05:725(1,2,3,4) - ^ Shrunk them a bit.
01:06:719(5,1) - The distance you have to travel to hit the note is a bit far. Maybe shorten it It's fine, the cursor makes a jerky motion to get to the next note which is intentional, so the high spacing is good.
01:17:161(2,1) - ^ ^
01:41:195(1,2,3,4) - refer to problem 1 No, I like this pattern because it individually emphasises the two synth sounds.
01:59:675(2,3) - refer to problem 4 No, for the same reason as I had stated.
03:13:018(1,2,3,4) - too big imo It's fine.
04:01:747 - this would of been a nice place for a stream, but if you're going to keep the jumps y r they so hoog. This is where the total build up reaches it's complete peak, so I use large jumps here to emphasise it. It shouldn't be hard considering what the player has previously had to do.

good map, plays really well and designed near flawlessly, although, theres a lot of things here to tone down the diff. Keeping in mind that this is cs7.
lol have fun dealing with QAT's if they confront you about cs7. I doubt this will be a problem xd

rockstarrzz wrote:

Hi, from modreqs

Damn, when I saw a CS7 7.5* AR9 OD9 I expected cancer, but this looks really fun.
Unable to playtest atm so will just be looking in editor - I may add some stuff when I play it, it looks tons of fun
might need to check in with Sotarks, think hes patented the 'Melancholy' difficulty name :^) haha, I chose the diffname "Melancholy" because of Nia's personality in the source content. If it's that much of a meme though then I might change it.

CS7 is fucking mental, but I guess if this is your style then I can't complain, it makes it unique, I like it cS7 is ABsOlUtElY mAD
AR9 is a little harsh though, be lenient and make it ar9.3 Increased to ar9.2.
00:04:399 (3,4) - kinda ugly overlap Made the angle smoother.
00:07:880 (5) - blanket head with 4 It's already blanketed? Moved it down one grid though.
00:18:487 (6) - out of play area? It doesn't come out on my screen, but I moved it up to be safe.
00:13:681 (6,7,8) - reduce sv a little? No, because I am mapping to the drums in the background here.
00:24:620 (3,4) - ^
00:26:940 (7,8,1,2,1,2) - make this neat What's wrong with it? It's an oval shape formed with circles, with a flow change at 00:27:603 (1,2) -to emphasise the change in pitch. I like the look of this pattern, so I won't change it.
00:27:272 (1,1) - dunno if NC's are necessary I think the pattern based comboing is fine.
00:29:095 (7) - could pull the red anchor down a bit to make the shape more noticeable? eh, looking for something subtle here. The screech sound that causes this shape isn't that prominent in the music, hence why it's only a subtle shape.
00:31:747 (3) - isn't quite overlapped properly with 00:31:747 (3) I'm just going by the osu! auto stacking, I'm not quite sure what defines a "proper" stack because it looks completely fine to me.
00:37:051 (6) - change sv, not sure if it will work better slow or faster but I think it needs changing Made the sv slower due to the ambience.
00:44:178 (3) - stack properly Done
00:46:996 (3) - could overlap tail with one of the notes in the stream Not really necessary because the stream is gone by the time the note appears.
00:48:487 (3,4) - not a fan of stack here Hmm, yeah. I changed it to be more consistent.
00:50:808 (1,1,1) - could remove nc? Again, I think the pattern based combos are nice.
00:51:802 (1,3,5) - i think making these symmetrical would look nicer No, I like the pattern and symmetry isn't needed. It forms a nice claw shape which I am quite proud of.
00:54:454 (2,4,6) - these look too janky, neaten them up a bit I don't think this is an issue at all. It looks nice.
00:56:775 (3,4) - move closer to the center so equal gap between all four slider tails Ok done, should look and play nicer now.
00:57:106 (1,5) - same as before, maybe symmetrical. Again, not really needed. It adds variety in the aesthetic.
01:02:907 (3) - ctrl+g ? I like this because although the flow is rough, it reflects on the repetitive sound of the melody here by the use of a repetitive motion.
01:05:725 (1,2,3,4) - that's a bit op, reduce spacing a tad Done.
01:43:847 (5,6,7,8,9) - curve this down a bit https://i.gyazo.com/aa54fec9a63ac2cf255 ... 3894bd.png and make the first 6 a perfect circle Done
01:54:786 (5,6) - this is awk to aim compared to the previous jumps, keep consistent angles I'll keep this as it is, the obtuse angle allows the player to fluidly enter the stream at 01:55:117 (7) -
01:57:769 (4,5,6,7) - could space it so it perfectly covers the slider and stack 7 on the tail properly Fixed
02:21:305 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - space this out a little more, it's doesn't encapsulate the intensity enough imo I agree, spaced them a bit.
02:26:609 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - eh not a fan of this Same, changing it to be consistent with my other stream designs.
03:01:664 (9,1) - too intense of a jump i think Nah, I think the song calls for it fine.
03:14:344 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - same as before, space these out a bit Done
03:22:631 (5,1) - nah. flow is non existent looks really awkward, change this up pls It's not meant to flow; the flowbreak encapsulates the singer's change in vocal.
03:50:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - neaten this up, maybe an S shape Made the curve smoother but I think the general shape is fine.
03:55:614 (1) - stack on 3 Not needed, the note doesn't come up until the player realises that the note isn't another 1/2.
04:01:416 (1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3) - reduce spacing a little I think this is fine because it is easily the most intense part of the song, with a lot of build up leading into it.
04:12:686 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - same again Not going to do it here because the piano doesn't kick in.
04:17:327 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - YES LIKE THIS, do this for the other 3 times i mentioned
04:21:968 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) Hm? If you meant to tell me that I should have increased the spacing, then I won't because again, the piano doesn't raise in intensity.
04:27:935 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - make that curve a bit more gently, angle too sharpMade smoother
04:28:515 (8,1,2,3,4,1) - make it a perfect circle Done
04:38:543 (6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - not a huge fan of this stream, looks really hard to hit, I'll have to see though, and NC on first note (6) Added an NC and made the curve smoother at 04:38:874 (1) - so it flows better.
04:42:852 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - perfect circle Done
04:43:764 (16,1,2,3,4) - angle looks a bit too sharp Hm, it looks fine to me.
04:53:626 (2) - overlap tail properly Fixed (I think)
04:54:703 (4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - perfect circle Done
05:00:753 (1) - remove nc NC is there because the distance snap changes.
05:07:714 (1,2,3,4) - move this a tad closer to 05:08:045 (1) - looks a bit awk to aim I want to keep the consistent pattern I have going.
However, I adjusted the curve of the stream so the entry is smoother.

05:09:040 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - more circular Hmm, not really aiming for a circle here. This looks fine.
05:10:034 (5,6,7,8,1) - do this but with maybe 6 or 7 notes, the loop is a bit too small It's fine to have small loops, they play well and look nice aesthetically.
05:11:029 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - i reckon something like this works a bit better https://i.gyazo.com/253a2dc1207d27fc5a3 ... 48dabd.png (just make sure the circle part is perfect) Think it would flow better with an upwards motion, it goes with the music more as well. No change.

I gotta say this is a damn fantastic map, can't wait to play it, really hope you go far with it, looks brilliant. Imma drop you a fav and a few stars too :DThanks!
Thanks for modding you two, fixed a lot of stuff! <3
Yonaka-
uh... why is it cs7? does it have any cool concept that only works with cs7? doesn't look like that... it would perfectly work with CS5 or 4... it seem's like u just did CS7 cuz u thought it's funny lol... normaly when u use cs7 u use it cuz u want to put much more stuff in one side of the screen for certain parts of a song for example but this is just silly... other then that it would be fine for the most part i think...

Pishifat did a good video about it yesterday ^^



Well eh... good luck with your map anyways
Topic Starter
-Faded-

Moge-ko wrote:

uh... why is it cs7? does it have any cool concept that only works with cs7? doesn't look like that... it would perfectly work with CS5 or 4... it seem's like u just did CS7 cuz u thought it's funny lol... normaly when u use cs7 u use it cuz u want to put much more stuff in one side of the screen for certain parts of a song for example but this is just silly... other then that it would be fine for the most part i think...

Well eh... good luck with your map anyways
Well on this map one of the core concepts I employed was the usage of stream loops (with 02:15:670 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - being the first one). CS4 would struggle to get this concept across because it is much easier to follow the streams. I also think CS7 is good because it enforces the idea that it is an aim orientated map, and it increases the difficulty in a way which is appropriate for intensity of the song.
Firmatorenio
Well, I was asked to write something up, but I doubt I'll write a lot..

00:40:863 (3) - I think this should be 1/6 slider with two reverses, not 1/8 with three.
01:42:521 (3,4,5) - straight jump why :o
01:51:139 (4,1) - doubleblanket derp on (1)
02:07:051 (5,1) - ehhh
02:15:338 - Mh. Something makes me want to see the streams in the kiais actually even wider. Probably the fact that the jumps are so huge. But, well, especially 02:20:642 - this one is soooooo tight after so huge a jump. 02:29:924 - Here I like the spacing it starts with, but then I see that with the second curve/combo the tone in the music heightens, but the spacing actually lowers, and I'm like wut. 04:38:874 - here it's managed quite a bit better.
02:49:813 (1,2,3) - Not straight, but I still don't like this jump..
02:58:432 (9,10,1) - wonder if you could make the triangle forming these sliderstarts more isosceles.. ehh I don't know I'm writing anymore
03:36:222 - This section... is weirdly a lot easier than even the intro. Particularly the 1/4 sliderjumps. I don't know if you want to do anything to that, but I'd like seeing those a good bit wider..
03:46:333 (7) - ..and this one maybe a little higher up.
03:58:101 (5,6) - howtofarblanket
04:15:007 (2,3,4) - this jump I don't like too :(
04:28:598 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Make this more round maybe? You don't have to put the second (2) on the first (1), so if you just rotated the second combo a bit it'd look nice.
04:34:896 (2,3,4,5) - this doesn't look good to me either, particularly the position of (4). Could be somewhere more to the left..
04:55:117 (1,2,3) - Um, what's wrong with this curve? o.o
05:09:703 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
05:10:366 (1,2,3) - ^
05:11:195 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - ^ someone rushed the ending?

Mnh. lotsashit written. Bluh. Sorry I'm so terrible, pf
Avena
Really good map, let's hope it gets somewhere!
Modded ingame

19:40 *Avena is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/1396017 positive MAD-crew - Mynarco Addiction [Melancholy]]
19:40 Avena: 00:04:233 (2) - You had to start the map with overmapping.
19:41 Avena: Ohwell it works I guess
19:41 -Faded-: I can hear a note there clearly on 100%. If you view it on 25% then noise distortion makes it appear as overmap
19:41 Avena: It's not an actual note, it's a pitch change from the previous sound
19:42 Avena: 00:13:681 (6,7,8,1) - This whole thing can be really difficult to do due to slider leniency being really strict on CS7, consider making it more simple and lower spaced
19:43 Avena: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8958868
19:44 Avena: 00:25:946 (4) - Normal hit on tail 00:26:277 (5) - Normal hit on this
19:44 Avena: 00:26:443 (6) - This skips a really important beat
19:46 -Faded-: Added the slider pattern and the two hit sounds
19:46 -Faded-: 00:26:443 (6) - since the cymbal is quiet, I decided it would be better to emphasise the main melody
19:47 Avena: it's still important
19:48 Avena: 00:30:587 (6) - NC would make sense here
19:48 Avena: 00:31:250 (1,3) - I know you can stack it better dearie.
19:48 Avena: 00:32:244 (4) - Normal hit
19:48 Avena: ok I have a better idea
19:48 Avena: Want me to improve hitsounding for oyu after the mod?
19:49 -Faded-: Sure, that'll be helpful
19:49 Avena: ok let's focus on composition
19:50 -Faded-: also on here it's really annoying to add/remove NCs because of how the colors change during kiai
19:50 -Faded-: so I'll apply these after
19:50 Avena: 00:30:587 (6,1) - So switch location
19:50 Avena: 00:37:051 (1) - Skips a super important beat
19:51 Avena: 00:38:543 (1,4) - staaack
19:52 Avena: 00:44:012 (2,3,4) - Is this intentional?
19:52 Avena: 00:44:509 (4) - Skips an important beat
19:53 Avena: OK now we reached my true problem with the map
19:53 Avena: let me know when you're done with the other stuff
19:53 -Faded-: alright, will do
19:55 Avena: 00:51:471 (1,2,3,4,1) - All your streams in the map
19:55 Avena: are made with Grid Snap on
19:55 Avena: meaning that the spacing isn't consistent and the shapes aren't exactly roud
19:55 Avena: round
19:55 -Faded-: um..
19:56 -Faded-: yeah
19:56 Avena: 01:05:062 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - It turns into a issue here
19:56 Avena: Want a tip on how to make perfectly round streams?
19:56 -Faded-: sure
19:56 Avena: Make a slider which covers the shape you want to make
19:56 Avena: then do CTRL + Shift + F
19:57 Avena: Choose the distance snap you want or the object count
19:57 Avena: BAM
19:57 Avena: That's how I make perfectly round deathstreams
19:57 -Faded-: hmm I guess I'll try that then
19:57 Avena: Go through it later because you have a lot to do, first let's finish the mod
19:58 Avena: 01:17:824 (5,6) - This will result in a combo break in so many plays
19:58 Avena: I can already tell
19:58 Avena: it's too harsh
19:58 Avena: 01:24:620 (5,1) - Tidy up the stack
19:58 Avena: 01:26:858 (8,1) - Yea..
19:59 Avena: 01:25:946 (6,7,8,9,1) - This reads as a 1/6 burst stream, please make it so they touch
20:00 Avena: 01:39:869 (3) - Please map the strange melody, it's the main thing in this part and it's completely ignored
20:01 Avena: Let me know when I can continue
20:02 -Faded-: Yeah you can continue now
20:03 Avena: 02:08:377 (6,7,8,9,1) - Again, this streamjump is totally uncalled for
20:04 Avena: I can't find a reason to do it
20:05 Avena: 03:01:664 (9,1) - ^
20:06 Avena: btw
20:06 Avena: you should make the colors of the whole map
20:06 Avena: the same as the kiai
20:06 Avena: the red and orange don't fit
20:07 Avena: 03:34:316 - Drag the break to the right so it becomes a "natural" break and not a forced one
20:07 -Faded-: Yeah I will do, it's annoying having to recombo your entire map when applying mods as well
20:07 Avena: 03:41:526 (1,2) - Either make them overlap or not touch, this slight touch looks really messy and untidy.
20:07 Avena: 03:42:189 (3,4) - clean up the stack
20:08 Avena: 03:45:835 (5,6,7,8) - Make the spacing a bit more consistent, doesn't make sense that 5 - 6 is super low spacing and then there's a huge jump to 7
20:08 Avena: 03:51:802 (11,1) - Put them closer or break the flow, making linear flow with a huge jump feels unnatural
20:09 Avena: 03:57:438 (1) - This whole section is way too hard even though the song isn't all that intense, consider toning it down because right now this is the hardest part of the map and the song does not justify it
20:10 Avena: 04:07:051 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - This is wayyyyyyy too hard compared to the rest of the map
20:10 Avena: Tone own the spacing please
20:10 Avena: 04:28:929 (1) - remove nc
20:11 Avena: 04:38:874 (1,2,3,4) - The pitch is relatively low here, so making this so spaced doesn't feel intuitive
20:11 Avena: 04:45:172 (9) - nc
20:11 Avena: 04:49:896 - Fix the break again
20:12 Avena: Let me know if you disagree with something
20:12 Avena: 05:11:775 (1) - Make this a soft note, not a normal
20:12 Avena: As much as it sounds weird after I suggested so many things, this is a REALLY good map
20:13 Avena: You have insane potential, can't wait to see you improve.
Topic Starter
-Faded-

Firmatorenio wrote:

Well, I was asked to write something up, but I doubt I'll write a lot..

00:40:863 (3) - I think this should be 1/6 slider with two reverses, not 1/8 with three. Yeah, that's definitely 1/6 now that I listen to it again.
01:42:521 (3,4,5) - straight jump why :oMade it so the notes have proper emphasis now
01:51:139 (4,1) - doubleblanket derp on (1) Moved 1 grid right
02:07:051 (5,1) - ehhh ehhhhh
02:15:338 - Mh. Something makes me want to see the streams in the kiais actually even wider. Probably the fact that the jumps are so huge. But, well, especially 02:20:642 - this one is soooooo tight after so huge a jump. 02:29:924 - Here I like the spacing it starts with, but then I see that with the second curve/combo the tone in the music heightens, but the spacing actually lowers, and I'm like wut. 04:38:874 - here it's managed quite a bit better. Made spacing on 02:30:587 (9,10,11,12,13) - the same.
02:49:813 (1,2,3) - Not straight, but I still don't like this jump.. I like it
02:58:432 (9,10,1) - wonder if you could make the triangle forming these sliderstarts more isosceles.. ehh I don't know I'm writing anymore lol, isn't it already isoceles? Unless you want me to do a 1 grid placement change or smth.
03:36:222 - This section... is weirdly a lot easier than even the intro. Particularly the 1/4 sliderjumps. I don't know if you want to do anything to that, but I'd like seeing those a good bit wider.. Yeah, this part is supposed to be calm.
03:46:333 (7) - ..and this one maybe a little higher up.
03:58:101 (5,6) - howtofarblanket Blanket looks fine.
04:15:007 (2,3,4) - this jump I don't like too :(I think it's fine.
04:28:598 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Make this more round maybe? You don't have to put the second (2) on the first (1), so if you just rotated the second combo a bit it'd look nice.Done
04:34:896 (2,3,4,5) - this doesn't look good to me either, particularly the position of (4). Could be somewhere more to the left.. Made it
nicer

04:55:117 (1,2,3) - Um, what's wrong with this curve? o.o Fixed it
05:09:703 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^ Don't see an issue here
05:10:366 (1,2,3) - ^ ^
05:11:195 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - ^ someone rushed the ending? ye, fixed

Mnh. lotsashit written. Bluh. Sorry I'm so terrible, pf
Thanks for modding!

Avena wrote:

Really good map, let's hope it gets somewhere!
Modded ingame

19:40 *Avena is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/1396017 positive MAD-crew - Mynarco Addiction [Melancholy]]
19:40 Avena: 00:04:233 (2) - You had to start the map with overmapping.
19:41 Avena: Ohwell it works I guess
19:41 -Faded-: I can hear a note there clearly on 100%. If you view it on 25% then noise distortion makes it appear as overmap
19:41 Avena: It's not an actual note, it's a pitch change from the previous sound
19:42 Avena: 00:13:681 (6,7,8,1) - This whole thing can be really difficult to do due to slider leniency being really strict on CS7, consider making it more simple and lower spaced
19:43 Avena: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8958868
19:44 Avena: 00:25:946 (4) - Normal hit on tail 00:26:277 (5) - Normal hit on this
19:44 Avena: 00:26:443 (6) - This skips a really important beat
19:46 -Faded-: Added the slider pattern and the two hit sounds
19:46 -Faded-: 00:26:443 (6) - since the cymbal is quiet, I decided it would be better to emphasise the main melody
19:47 Avena: it's still important
19:48 Avena: 00:30:587 (6) - NC would make sense here
19:48 Avena: 00:31:250 (1,3) - I know you can stack it better dearie.
19:48 Avena: 00:32:244 (4) - Normal hit
19:48 Avena: ok I have a better idea
19:48 Avena: Want me to improve hitsounding for oyu after the mod?
19:49 -Faded-: Sure, that'll be helpful
19:49 Avena: ok let's focus on composition
19:50 -Faded-: also on here it's really annoying to add/remove NCs because of how the colors change during kiai
19:50 -Faded-: so I'll apply these after
19:50 Avena: 00:30:587 (6,1) - So switch location
19:50 Avena: 00:37:051 (1) - Skips a super important beat
19:51 Avena: 00:38:543 (1,4) - staaack
19:52 Avena: 00:44:012 (2,3,4) - Is this intentional?
19:52 Avena: 00:44:509 (4) - Skips an important beat
19:53 Avena: OK now we reached my true problem with the map
19:53 Avena: let me know when you're done with the other stuff
19:53 -Faded-: alright, will do
19:55 Avena: 00:51:471 (1,2,3,4,1) - All your streams in the map
19:55 Avena: are made with Grid Snap on
19:55 Avena: meaning that the spacing isn't consistent and the shapes aren't exactly roud
19:55 Avena: round
19:55 -Faded-: um..
19:56 -Faded-: yeah
19:56 Avena: 01:05:062 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - It turns into a issue here
19:56 Avena: Want a tip on how to make perfectly round streams?
19:56 -Faded-: sure
19:56 Avena: Make a slider which covers the shape you want to make
19:56 Avena: then do CTRL + Shift + F
19:57 Avena: Choose the distance snap you want or the object count
19:57 Avena: BAM
19:57 Avena: That's how I make perfectly round deathstreams
19:57 -Faded-: hmm I guess I'll try that then
19:57 Avena: Go through it later because you have a lot to do, first let's finish the mod
19:58 Avena: 01:17:824 (5,6) - This will result in a combo break in so many plays
19:58 Avena: I can already tell
19:58 Avena: it's too harsh
19:58 Avena: 01:24:620 (5,1) - Tidy up the stack
19:58 Avena: 01:26:858 (8,1) - Yea..
19:59 Avena: 01:25:946 (6,7,8,9,1) - This reads as a 1/6 burst stream, please make it so they touch
20:00 Avena: 01:39:869 (3) - Please map the strange melody, it's the main thing in this part and it's completely ignored
20:01 Avena: Let me know when I can continue
20:02 -Faded-: Yeah you can continue now
20:03 Avena: 02:08:377 (6,7,8,9,1) - Again, this streamjump is totally uncalled for
20:04 Avena: I can't find a reason to do it
20:05 Avena: 03:01:664 (9,1) - ^
20:06 Avena: btw
20:06 Avena: you should make the colors of the whole map
20:06 Avena: the same as the kiai
20:06 Avena: the red and orange don't fit
20:07 Avena: 03:34:316 - Drag the break to the right so it becomes a "natural" break and not a forced one
20:07 -Faded-: Yeah I will do, it's annoying having to recombo your entire map when applying mods as well
20:07 Avena: 03:41:526 (1,2) - Either make them overlap or not touch, this slight touch looks really messy and untidy.
20:07 Avena: 03:42:189 (3,4) - clean up the stack
20:08 Avena: 03:45:835 (5,6,7,8) - Make the spacing a bit more consistent, doesn't make sense that 5 - 6 is super low spacing and then there's a huge jump to 7
20:08 Avena: 03:51:802 (11,1) - Put them closer or break the flow, making linear flow with a huge jump feels unnatural
20:09 Avena: 03:57:438 (1) - This whole section is way too hard even though the song isn't all that intense, consider toning it down because right now this is the hardest part of the map and the song does not justify it
20:10 Avena: 04:07:051 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - This is wayyyyyyy too hard compared to the rest of the map
20:10 Avena: Tone own the spacing please
20:10 Avena: 04:28:929 (1) - remove nc
20:11 Avena: 04:38:874 (1,2,3,4) - The pitch is relatively low here, so making this so spaced doesn't feel intuitive
20:11 Avena: 04:45:172 (9) - nc
20:11 Avena: 04:49:896 - Fix the break again
20:12 Avena: Let me know if you disagree with something
20:12 Avena: 05:11:775 (1) - Make this a soft note, not a normal
20:12 Avena: As much as it sounds weird after I suggested so many things, this is a REALLY good map
20:13 Avena: You have insane potential, can't wait to see you improve.
Very useful irc, thanks so much.
-Tochi

  • Hello, m4m from my queue!

    [Melancholy]
  1. Why is the circle size so small? xD | For real though, I really suggest you to put it to at least 6, 5 or something lower, so this map gets a bigger playerbase from different rank groups. Right now it's only for really good players.
  2. Also I think HP 4 fits more than HP 4.5.
  3. 00:12:686 (4,5) - Sliderends are not stacked properly.
  4. 00:24:454 (1) - Imo the NC here is not necessary due to you already showed that your NCs can be more than 9: 00:22:134 (10) -
  5. 00:27:438 (1) - Same as above, but this time it's because of how it looks random. NCs aren't usually put on a red tick object.
  6. 00:29:095 (5) - This is not symmetrical: http://i.imgur.com/PP2G4bc.jpg | It should be like: http://i.imgur.com/5BEGa7x.jpg | aka, the last part of the slider should be moved more down. Right now it seems like it's unintentional, and looks a bit random.
  7. 00:30:587 (6) - Add an NC here. Remove or keep this NC 00:30:918 (1) -
  8. 00:31:747 (3) - The sliderend is not stacked properly, do ctrl+g and then stack it properly, and then do ctrl+g again. Remember to re-stack this too 00:31:581 (2) -
  9. 00:35:891 (1,4) - This blanket looks bad, you could improve it.
  10. 00:37:548 (1) - This NC is unnecessary, you haven't done anything like this other places.
  11. 00:41:526 (3) - I suggest to do something like this here: http://i.imgur.com/z8nSU3O.jpg
  12. 00:44:178 (3,4,5) - The spacing here is incredibly high for such a non-intense part, I highly recommend you to make the spacing smaller here.
  13. 00:53:791 (5) - Ctrl+g this to make it flow better from previous object.
  14. 00:54:123 (6,1,2) - Spacing here is way too big for a 1/4 like this. I recommend that yo delete this 00:54:371 (1) - since it's no rule to map 1/4 sounds (like you didn't map the 1/4 sound here 00:55:034 or 01:00:338). Right now the spacing here is overdone imo, so deleting that circle will still make the pattern afterwards 00:54:454 (2,4,6) - be available. If you still have the circle there, then you should at least move either 00:54:123 (6) - closer to 00:54:454 (2) - or the opposite.
  15. 01:01:084 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Is there a way to make the stream stack this note 01:01:498 (6) - with this 01:00:753 (4) ? It would look much better.
  16. 01:07:714 (1,3) - Sliderend on 01:08:211 (3) - isn't properly stacked.
  17. 01:35:393 (6) - Move the middle point a bit down so it blankets better with 01:34:896 (4) -
  18. 01:44:178 (9,1) - Switch NC here, it fits more that way.
  19. 02:30:587 (9) - Add an NC here as the synth piano in the bg restarts again here.
  20. 02:38:543 (6) - This is a great place to add an NC.
  21. 02:41:195 (6) - Same here.
  22. 03:55:449 - Please add an object here. There's a very strong sound here which shouldn't be ignored. It also gets confusing because it's so strong that players will wonder why it isn't mapped, and distracts them at 03:55:614 (1) -
  23. 03:59:095 (1,1) - The NCs here are not necessary.
  24. 04:01:747 (1,1) - Same with these.
  25. 04:10:200 (1) - This one too, it's too random.
  26. 04:55:117 (5,1) - Switch NC here, it fits better like that.

    Interesting map, tho I really think you should lower the CS if you want more players to play/pass it.
    Aside from that, good luck on it!
Topic Starter
-Faded-

-Tochi wrote:


  • Hello, m4m from my queue!

    [Melancholy]
  1. Why is the circle size so small? xD | For real though, I really suggest you to put it to at least 6, 5 or something lower, so this map gets a bigger playerbase from different rank groups. Right now it's only for really good players. Yeah, the really good players are my target audience with this map.
  2. Also I think HP 4 fits more than HP 4.5. Alright, changed.
  3. 00:12:686 (4,5) - Sliderends are not stacked properly.done.
  4. 00:24:454 (1) - Imo the NC here is not necessary due to you already showed that your NCs can be more than 9: 00:22:134 (10) - Yeah,
    that NC was unintentional.
  5. 00:27:438 (1) - Same as above, but this time it's because of how it looks random. NCs aren't usually put on a red tick object. I put pattern based NCs here for ease of readability.
  6. 00:29:095 (5) - This is not symmetrical: http://i.imgur.com/PP2G4bc.jpg | It should be like: http://i.imgur.com/5BEGa7x.jpg | aka, the last part of the slider should be moved more down. Right now it seems like it's unintentional, and looks a bit random.done
  7. 00:30:587 (6) - Add an NC here. Remove or keep this NC 00:30:918 (1) - Alright, fixed the comboing here.
  8. 00:31:747 (3) - The sliderend is not stacked properly, do ctrl+g and then stack it properly, and then do ctrl+g again. Remember to re-stack this too 00:31:581 (2) - Done
  9. 00:35:891 (1,4) - This blanket looks bad, you could improve it.Moved the note two pixels left.
  10. 00:37:548 (1) - This NC is unnecessary, you haven't done anything like this other places. Got rid of the NC
  11. 00:41:526 (3) - I suggest to do something like this here: http://i.imgur.com/z8nSU3O.jpg Changed the rhythm a bit to emphasise the 1/4.
  12. 00:44:178 (3,4,5) - The spacing here is incredibly high for such a non-intense part, I highly recommend you to make the spacing smaller here.
    It gets high because of the build up towards the stream.
  13. 00:53:791 (5) - Ctrl+g this to make it flow better from previous object. I think it flows fine, and I won't ctrl+g because I want the angle to stay consistent.
  14. 00:54:123 (6,1,2) - Spacing here is way too big for a 1/4 like this. I recommend that yo delete this 00:54:371 (1) - since it's no rule to map 1/4 sounds (like you didn't map the 1/4 sound here 00:55:034 or 01:00:338). Right now the spacing here is overdone imo, so deleting that circle will still make the pattern afterwards 00:54:454 (2,4,6) - be available. If you still have the circle there, then you should at least move either 00:54:123 (6) - closer to 00:54:454 (2) - or the opposite. I'll keep it as it is. Because of slider leniency, it won't feel like a 1/4 to the player. They will simply click the head of 00:54:123 (6) - and then move on to the 1/4, without paying attention to the slider body/end. I also hear a series of distinct drum noises, which I don't hear in any of the other timestamps that you provided.
  15. 01:01:084 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Is there a way to make the stream stack this note 01:01:498 (6) - with this 01:00:753 (4) ? It would look much better. Done
  16. 01:07:714 (1,3) - Sliderend on 01:08:211 (3) - isn't properly stacked. Since both ends of the slider are stacked, it's very hard to make them perfect due to how slider formation works. It shouldn't be noticeable in gameplay.
  17. 01:35:393 (6) - Move the middle point a bit down so it blankets better with 01:34:896 (4) - Done
  18. 01:44:178 (9,1) - Switch NC here, it fits more that way.Much better, done.
  19. 02:30:587 (9) - Add an NC here as the synth piano in the bg restarts again here. Done.
  20. 02:38:543 (6) - This is a great place to add an NC. Done
  21. 02:41:195 (6) - Same here. Done
  22. 03:55:449 - Please add an object here. There's a very strong sound here which shouldn't be ignored. It also gets confusing because it's so strong that players will wonder why it isn't mapped, and distracts them at 03:55:614 (1) - I want to isolate the vocals here as they are also quite emphasised, so no change. Players have over 1 beat of time to realise what's happening.
  23. 03:59:095 (1,1) - The NCs here are not necessary. It's pattern based comboing that helps the player read the pattern. It also looks nice as it now appears to be a series of triangles compared to a jumble of notes.
  24. 04:01:747 (1,1) - Same with these. ^
  25. 04:10:200 (1) - This one too, it's too random. ^
  26. 04:55:117 (5,1) - Switch NC here, it fits better like that. I have an NC there because of the spacing change.

    Interesting map, tho I really think you should lower the CS if you want more players to play/pass it.
    Aside from that, good luck on it!
Thanks for modding!
-Space-
Just chiming in for and people who are considering posting about something. Remember pishifat's videos are not rules nor are they guidelines.

They're purely another mappers opinion on how he perceives and reflects upon the gameplay and editorial options he sees whilst in the game. A good portion of these suggestions have included the "Why is the CS something that I am not used to, change it now." It feels a bit odd for everyone to be stating that the circle size should be 'normalised' in order to fit for a wider range of players.

It's vitally important to remember that in a game such as this needs to emcompass all players of all different play types and styles. This map is really good for players who want a real challenge of aim. I don't know of any CS7 map of this difficulty and diversity. I believe the CS7 is a nice touch to the map, the streams play well with it and I believe it does need a smaller CS to make effective use of these stream concepts.

Just remember that. I am seeing a lot of new modders, which is an extremely great thing for the mapping/modding community. However, a lot of them need to realise that pishi's videos shouldn't be a sole crutch for you to articulate ideas.

EDIT: For the person who directly embedded his video, this is not a personal attack at you. I have seen modders do this on multiple different maps. You're just one of many.

Remember, we're still appreciative you took your time to tell us what you said though, so keep at it ! :)
Worminators
^I totally agree with -Space- this map is totally fine with CS7 and that's what makes it's originality while still being playable

Modding back from your queue

[Metadata]
  1. you should add some tags related to the games and soundtrack album this song comes from, basically most tags of https://osu.ppy.sh/s/323329
  2. if you want to use a more conventional resolution for the background please resize it to 1366x768


[Melancholy]
Due to the high CS value of this map, Im also taking EZ mod in consideration for this mod, as I belive a lot of players will want to use it
  1. 00:54:371 (1,2) - this may be interpreted as a 1/2 especially in EZ I suggest changing to something like this 00:44:427 (4,5) -
  2. 01:23:294 (10) - please ctrl+g
  3. 01:26:277 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This stream has an irregular spacing (very probably unintentiona)l, which is highly noticeable at CS7 and makes it look weird
    02:04:730 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - same as above ^
  4. 01:44:178 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - This pattern is really confusing with EZ, not that problematic but I thought it was worth mentionning
  5. 01:54:123 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I don't understand why such a difficulty spike at that moment of the song, while I can understand similar patterns during the kiai parts, especially the last 2 notes of this pattern which are a pain to hit at CS7 due to their flow
  6. 02:28:598 (1,2) - these are extremely far, maybe reduce that square's spacing, this pattern is really hard to hit while some, even more spaced later feels easier, maybe also ctrl+g these notes 02:29:592 (6,7) -
  7. 02:29:924 - this whole stream shape should be improved, it don't look that smooth and most of the spacing looks irregular, even though I know some spacing changes are intentionnal, these should be keep, but try to use the same spacing inside each note combo
  8. 02:36:554 (9) - NC ?
  9. 02:40:034 (8,10) - reduce spacing a bit to keep the same distance as 02:39:537 (5,6,7) -
  10. 02:47:493 (3,4) - please ctrl+g that, this is really weird to play at that CS
  11. 03:18:985 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - that shape should be reworked, not really smooth looking
  12. 03:25:614 (1) - I think this is probably too far away, suggest moving to 92;260 to have the same visual spacing as 03:24:952 (8,12) -
  13. 04:39:206 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this shape seems a bit harsh, also some circles slightly overlapping while some don't
  14. 04:44:427 (8,1,2,3,4,5,6) - change this part to look a bit more circular
  15. 05:05:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - fix that irregular spacing
  16. 05:10:366 (1,2,8,1) - these should be a little bit more spaced so they don't touch
  1. As I read somewhere above, you are using CS7 to make use of small loops / kind of pentagon shapes in streams, but most of them are badly looking and can be improved with the circle creation tool (ctrl+shift+d):
    01:15:338 (4,5,6,7,1) -
    01:43:515 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
    01:57:769 (4,5,6,7,1) -
    02:15:753 (6,7,8,1,2,3,4) -
    02:30:504 (8,1,2,3,4,5) -
    02:31:416 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1) -this one is especially bad imo
    02:38:543 (1,2,3,4,5) - also this one which is very noticeable
    03:08:791 (6,7,8,1,2,3,4) -
    03:19:896 (4,1,2,3,4,1) - this one has some circles slightly overlapping while some don't
    05:09:951 (4,5,6,7,8,1) -
  1. Blankets that are imperfect and could be improved, these are also easily noticeable with EZ:
    01:14:344 (1,3) -
    01:21:471 (3,5) -
    01:55:946 (2,3) -
    02:07:051 (5,1) -
    02:43:184 (1,3,4) - very noticeable with EZ
    02:45:007 (3,4) -
    02:53:460 (8,1) -
    04:24:951 (2,1,2) -
    04:58:432 (1,2,3) -
  1. Please restack these correctly:
    00:12:686 (4,5) -
    00:17:990 (4,6) -

Anyway, this map is really great and globally use CS7 really well, rythm is simple enough to focus on the aim challenge, difficulty is rather balanced to be more challenging during kiai, good job

Good luck!
-Tochi
I read what -Faded- wrote after modding his map, that's where I knew why he wanted the map to be CS7, but I didn't completely understand why he wanted it when modding as I only read it after. So for those who wants to know why he mapped it with CS7 then please read -Faded-'s post and -Space's above.


-Faded- wrote:

Well on this map one of the core concepts I employed was the usage of stream loops (with 02:15:670 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - being the first one). CS4 would struggle to get this concept across because it is much easier to follow the streams. I also think CS7 is good because it enforces the idea that it is an aim orientated map, and it increases the difficulty in a way which is appropriate for intensity of the song.
Sylas
hi m4m

00:04:067 (1,2,3) - dont understand ur rhythmn here: 00:04:233 (2) - there isnt a sound but u mapped it with a note while 00:04:565 - is a stronger sound but isnt clickable. swapping 00:04:067 (1,2) - and 00:04:399 (3) - on the timeline makes more sense (tho u gotta rearrange the pattern a bit)
00:06:719 (1,2,3) - 00:09:371 (1,2,3) - 00:12:023 (1,2,3) - ^
00:19:979 (1,2) - the spacing here is awkwardly big and emphasizes 2 too much even tho its not a very strong sound. making the spacing between 00:20:145 (2,3) bigger than 00:19:979 (1,2) makes more sense in terms of spacing emphasis
00:34:399 (5) - ure skipping over a pretty important sound on the downbeat and ignoring it sounds quite empty. id recommend u use a different rhythmn to make that downbeat clickable
00:37:217 (1) - maybe add a red anchor point to this slider to make it stand out from all the previous slider shapes since the song does something different here it makes sense that the map would be different too
00:54:951 (4) - skipping over a strong triple (especially since u mapped 00:54:371 (1) - and 01:04:233 (4,5,6) - it doesnt make sense to ignore it here, even if ure mainly following vocals it feels awkward skipping over all these sounds especially considering the difficulty of the map)
01:00:255 (3) - ^
01:16:167 (3) - ^
theres probably more but u can find them urself if you decide to make the change
01:32:742 (6) - the stream starts on the downbeat that ure skipping with this slider and it sounds really empty again
01:37:548 (4) - rhythmn is off, sound is on 01:37:465 - not 01:37:548 (4) - and a strong one on 01:37:714 - . what i recommend is moving 01:37:548 (4) - to the previous blue tick and having a 1/4 slider on 01:37:714, kinda like 03:45:835 (5,6,7)
03:49:813 (3) - is the whistle on this slider intentional cuz u dont really use it anywhere else. u probably only meant to use it on the slider head not the whole slider body
04:23:957 (1) - ctrl g makes it flow better from the 1/4 slider

pretty good map and yeah i think cs7 is okay
good luck
Topic Starter
-Faded-

TheKoala wrote:

hi m4m

00:04:067 (1,2,3) - dont understand ur rhythmn here: 00:04:233 (2) - there isnt a sound but u mapped it with a note while 00:04:565 - is a stronger sound but isnt clickable. swapping 00:04:067 (1,2) - and 00:04:399 (3) - on the timeline makes more sense (tho u gotta rearrange the pattern a bit) There is a sound, delete the first two notes and listen to it on 100%. And I have a slider there because the song increases in amplitude for a short while.
00:06:719 (1,2,3) - 00:09:371 (1,2,3) - 00:12:023 (1,2,3) - ^ ^
00:19:979 (1,2) - the spacing here is awkwardly big and emphasizes 2 too much even tho its not a very strong sound. making the spacing between 00:20:145 (2,3) bigger than 00:19:979 (1,2) makes more sense in terms of spacing emphasis You're right, fixed.
00:34:399 (5) - ure skipping over a pretty important sound on the downbeat and ignoring it sounds quite empty. id recommend u use a different rhythmn to make that downbeat clickable I want to prioritise the main melody here since that gets a lot more emphasis, no change.
00:37:217 (1) - maybe add a red anchor point to this slider to make it stand out from all the previous slider shapes since the song does something different here it makes sense that the map would be different too Doesn't seem that necessary, I think the sv change is enough.
00:54:951 (4) - skipping over a strong triple (especially since u mapped 00:54:371 (1) - and 01:04:233 (4,5,6) - it doesnt make sense to ignore it here, even if ure mainly following vocals it feels awkward skipping over all these sounds especially considering the difficulty of the map) I think the melody is more important here, as it is really prominent in this specific part of the song
01:00:255 (3) - ^ Adding a triplet here would make a lot of sense, done.
01:16:167 (3) - ^ The triplet here is really faint compared to the vocals and melody, so no change.
theres probably more but u can find them urself if you decide to make the change
01:32:742 (6) - the stream starts on the downbeat that ure skipping with this slider and it sounds really empty again I want to keep emphasis on the melody here.
01:37:548 (4) - rhythmn is off, sound is on 01:37:465 - not 01:37:548 (4) - and a strong one on 01:37:714 - . what i recommend is moving 01:37:548 (4) - to the previous blue tick and having a 1/4 slider on 01:37:714, kinda like 03:45:835 (5,6,7) Here I am mapping to the melody and the strong sound at the start of 01:37:880 (5) - . Going with your suggestion would just make the rhythm inconsistent with the whole beginning bit. The example you provided was in a totally different part of the song.
03:49:813 (3) - is the whistle on this slider intentional cuz u dont really use it anywhere else. u probably only meant to use it on the slider head not the whole slider body Yeah it's intentional.
04:23:957 (1) - ctrl g makes it flow better from the 1/4 slider I'll keep it as it is. With the current pattern, players have more time to anticipate the sv change which I think is more important than flow. Besides, it flows fine already.

pretty good map and yeah i think cs7 is okay
good luck
Thanks for modding!
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply