forum

Converting from tablet to mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Futon
So my tablet broke and I'm abroad so I can't really a new buy one in the near future. Meanwhile I have a perfectly functioning gaming mouse (Logitech G303) and I think converting to mouse isn't a bad decision.

There are tons of threads about converting from mouse to tablet but I've yet to find a thread going the other way around. Has anyone actually went from using tablet to mouse? Any tips on using mouse? When I tried to play with my mouse, it seems my cursor doesn't really go the way I want it to. I've re-calibrated and everything as well.
Wishes
After getting decent with tablet playing with mouse sort of feels like a downgrade. I play with mainly tablet and use mouse on occasion when I'm bored and definitely feels less fluid lol. It's likely just a matter of habits, really. Although something I've noticed is that a tighter mouse grip than normal helps in osu.
dung eater
you just play with mouse if you want to. experience with tablet doesn't really change anything.
Topic Starter
Futon

Wishes wrote:

After getting decent with tablet playing with mouse sort of feels like a downgrade. I play with mainly tablet and use mouse on occasion when I'm bored and definitely feels less fluid lol. It's likely just a matter of habits, really. Although something I've noticed is that a tighter mouse grip than normal helps in osu.
Yep it really does feel like a downgrade. But I do play a lot of games that require aiming with my mouse (such as league of legends) so I'm surprised how bad I am playing osu with mouse. Guess I'll take the popular "play more" advice and deal it with it. :/
autoteleology
At a top level your aim isn't anywhere near the bottleneck that it was at low levels so it doesn't really matter which one you use.
dung eater

Philosofikal wrote:

At a top level your aim isn't anywhere near the bottleneck that it was at low levels so it doesn't really matter which one you use.
it's not a bottleneck. mouse is just worse in ways you'll notice from time to time when using one
E m i

Philosofikal wrote:

but nothing else gives pp :(
Wishes

Futon wrote:

Wishes wrote:

Yep it really does feel like a downgrade. But I do play a lot of games that require aiming with my mouse (such as league of legends) so I'm surprised how bad I am playing osu with mouse. Guess I'll take the popular "play more" advice and deal it with it. :/
Not much else you can do about it. As long as your grip is comfortable and your dpi isn't too high, then it's just a matter of getting used to it.
N0thingSpecial
It's just really getting into a comfortable grip posture and sensitivity (start from low dpi if you're not sure)

And then play more

bla wrote:

it's not a bottleneck. mouse is just worse in ways you'll notice from time to time when using one
I bet you don't have cursor movement as smooth as mine ;w;
Deva
When I changed from tablet to mouse I didn't really feel much of a difference so I don't know why would you
Kondou-Shinichi
just a matter of time
Luqanted
it'll just take like 1 or 2 weeks to get used to playing mouse thp. and yeah it's just a matter of time. also if ur quick enough, you might get used to playing your mouse for about 2 or 3 days.
Topic Starter
Futon
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Almost FCed 5* Kuchikuze Diamond today. Although it's not really much, it's still something. Just want to tell those who are struggling with mouse is that practice is the key.
Teh Kotak_old
Consistent grip and don't focus too much on how you're holding the mouse