forum

Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios (Decoy! Remix) [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tar Curunir
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Dienstag, 29. August 2017 at 23:58:59

Artist: Anne-Marie
Title: Ciao Adios (Decoy! Remix)
BPM: 212
Filesize: 8796kb
Play Time: 01:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Sayonara (Dancing SV) - 4Key (3.68 stars, 844 notes)
  2. Sayonara (NSV) - 4Key (3.71 stars, 845 notes)
  3. Sayonara (Retarded SV, srsly don't play this) - 4Key (3.71 stars, 845 notes)
Download: Anne-Marie - Ciao Adios (Decoy! Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
3rd mania map. Tried to replicate ALEFY's legendary SVs. didn't work :(
Antalf
HEEEEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOO, mod from queue, going to mod both from the charts perspective as well as svs.

Something something candy
[Sayonara]

- So beforetelling you stuff about the SVs ill mod the chart first so here we go.

• 00:00:677 (677|0,677|3,677|2,1526|2,1526|0,1526|3) - I don't think you should stakc these (and this goes for every single stack of those you have in the map), theyre different pitches and stacking them would imply they're not, try moving [2] so its better represented.

• 00:22:752 (22752|2) - This should be a jump for the very strong snare since i see you're following the vocals.

• 00:27:280 (27280|3) - Same thing for this one (read above)

• 00:31:809 (31809|0) -, 00:35:205 (35205|3) - ^ Just mentioned the remaining ones.

• 00:59:119 - With the hard svs you have at that part i really recommend you to add a single at this spot since it can create a false sense of security until the next measure, this will ensure you wont basically miss the quad and will be easier to read.

• 01:08:176 - Same thing as i mentioned above.

• 01:13:129 (73129|1,73129|3,73129|2,73129|0) - Quads like this starting here i think should be reduced to hands since the intensity of the the song dropped after the first kiai finished and as well as the hands you have there should be reduced to jumps.

[SVs]

-Okay so now im going to the more technical part which are ths svs.

• FIRST thinfs to note, you tried doing ALEFY still of svs, in which he uses several bpm and measure line freezes to achieve that teleport style but for certain sequences you have in the map, adding a "red line" or a bpm change is not vert necessary, ill give you some examples now.

- 00:17:587 - This 15000 bpm change can be simply reduced to a green line with a speed of x10, which btw, modding this with the red lines was kinda annoying since the scroll speed while scrolling to the map fastens to stupid levels and sends me right to the start of the map. (Note on this: no idea how you managed to make this teleport but it looks cool, props on that)

- 00:17:658 - You could delete this 15 bpm change and instead add a green line for about x0.20 or x0.10, it adds the same effect but it makes the map look cleaner as well, could also delete this 00:17:941 - red line here which wouldn't be necessary if you apply as i told you but keep the green one.

Have something clear, im not telling you to average any of this to any number just because the style you're using doesn't require such averaging due to that the map is intended to be like this and also this effects are unrankeable.

• Now here comes the hard part on the SVs.. The kiai is pretty much ALEFY style of svs but its the way you execute it thats wrong.. You use bpm changes that are not the correct values, i may note you're maybe struggling with the position of the svs so ill throw some examples of what you could do and you can come up with your own style!

-Ill take the first kiai, copy paste it into the second one just to give you this example.

Lets see we add a 1500 bpm line at 02:25:864 - then we add a green line on top of it of lets say x5 then we put a 0 bpm line 1 OR 3 MS AHEAD which would be 02:25:867 - . Repeat this a few time and you have that distinct teleport SV, but you have to be aware since reading it at 212 bpm being 1/2 can be hard, but that something you could do

Another thing you could do would be freeze the bpm line and make it go up by adding 0 bpm lines and 1~2 ms later adding a very high bpm and then do the same thing but with the high bpm go decreasing it as you go, not much, just until you get the desired effects.

How to average an SV
Map in Question: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/575053
Note: The variables and equations tend to vary between people but they mostly work the same. Most often, you'll be attempting to average SVs to 1x as that's the value at which they feel the most natural to play and sightread. Also, round to the nearest hundredth as Osu doesn’t register anything past that when inputting SVs. Anyways, for reference:
• Y = average of an SV sequence
• S1 = Starting SV value (the one you choose)
• S2 = Second SV value to make the sequence average 1x
• U = Units (counted by snaps)
• U1 = Total number of units
• U2 = Remaining number of units
• N = Normalizing SV

Here are some equations you’ll probably end up using a lot:
• Finding average SV of a sequence when given both values

(S1 × U + S2 × U) ÷ U1 = Y

Example at 01:20:710 – would be like so: (0.6 × 3) + (2.2 × 1) ÷ 4 = 1

• Finding S2 when given the average SV, U1, and S1

(U1 – S1) ÷ U2 = Y

Example at 01:20:710 – would be like so: (4 – 3) ÷ 3 = 0.33

Ty to Protastic101 for the average example. Well thats all i have to give here, sorry if it wasn't the longest mood but if you find me online we can IRC about this and give you even more examples! Drop me some kudos (or not) if this was slightly helpful!
Topic Starter
Tar Curunir

Antalf wrote:

HEEEEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOO, mod from queue, going to mod both from the charts perspective as well as svs.

Something something candy
[Sayonara]

- So beforetelling you stuff about the SVs ill mod the chart first so here we go.

• 00:00:677 (677|0,677|3,677|2,1526|2,1526|0,1526|3) - I don't think you should stakc these (and this goes for every single stack of those you have in the map), theyre different pitches and stacking them would imply they're not, try moving [2] so its better represented. I can definitely see your point here and I've been debating on how I can fix this elegantly. It plays fine as it is right now imo, but i'll try to come up with something different.

• 00:22:752 (22752|2) - This should be a jump for the very strong snare since i see you're following the vocals. Would a double in col 2 and 3 work here?

• 00:27:280 (27280|3) - Same thing for this one (read above) Fixed

• 00:31:809 (31809|0) -, 00:35:205 (35205|3) - ^ Just mentioned the remaining ones. Applied

• 00:59:119 - With the hard svs you have at that part i really recommend you to add a single at this spot since it can create a false sense of security until the next measure, this will ensure you wont basically miss the quad and will be easier to read. Imo the vocal sound here is too insignificant in comparison to the hard-hitting quads and adding a single here would take away from the Hard-SV experience.

• 01:08:176 - Same thing as i mentioned above. Denied

• 01:13:129 (73129|1,73129|3,73129|2,73129|0) - Quads like this starting here i think should be reduced to hands since the intensity of the the song dropped after the first kiai finished and as well as the hands you have there should be reduced to jumps. First off, what are hands exactly? Secondly, I'm unsure if I want to change these quads at all. You're right that the kiai ended before these quads, but the intense sounds stay EXACTLY the same. They aren't even slightly quiter. On top of that i like the variety those add to this section that is essentially the same musically as the one before that.

[SVs]

-Okay so now im going to the more technical part which are ths svs.

• FIRST thinfs to note, you tried doing ALEFY still of svs, in which he uses several bpm and measure line freezes to achieve that teleport style but for certain sequences you have in the map, adding a "red line" or a bpm change is not vert necessary, ill give you some examples now.

- 00:17:587 - This 15000 bpm change can be simply reduced to a green line with a speed of x10, which btw, modding this with the red lines was kinda annoying since the scroll speed while scrolling to the map fastens to stupid levels and sends me right to the start of the map. (Note on this: no idea how you managed to make this teleport but it looks cool, props on that) I'm really new to SV manipulation so I kind of just tried to copy ALEFY's style. Is there a difference between a 15000 bpm red tick and x10 sv green tick? Why would ALEFY use red ticks like this in his maps then? (for example: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/293026&#41)

- 00:17:658 - You could delete this 15 bpm change and instead add a green line for about x0.20 or x0.10, it adds the same effect but it makes the map look cleaner as well, could also delete this 00:17:941 - red line here which wouldn't be necessary if you apply as i told you but keep the green one. Agreed, I'm not going to change it since the effect stays the same and I'm not going for rank on this, but I'll keep it in mind for future maps.

Have something clear, im not telling you to average any of this to any number just because the style you're using doesn't require such averaging due to that the map is intended to be like this and also this effects are unrankeable. Yep.

• Now here comes the hard part on the SVs.. The kiai is pretty much ALEFY style of svs but its the way you execute it thats wrong.. You use bpm changes that are not the correct values, i may note you're maybe struggling with the position of the svs so ill throw some examples of what you could do and you can come up with your own style! That's the end-goal :)

-Ill take the first kiai, copy paste it into the second one just to give you this example.

Lets see we add a 1500 bpm line at 02:25:864 - then we add a green line on top of it of lets say x5 then we put a 0 bpm line 1 OR 3 MS AHEAD which would be 02:25:867 - . Repeat this a few time and you have that distinct teleport SV, but you have to be aware since reading it at 212 bpm being 1/2 can be hard, but that something you could do I see your point, but doesn't it seem like a hassle to implement a red tick of 1500 bpm and a x5 green tick when you could just add a 15000 bpm red tick? I fail to see where my approach is wrong. The values i agree with need to be changed.

Another thing you could do would be freeze the bpm line and make it go up by adding 0 bpm lines and 1~2 ms later adding a very high bpm and then do the same thing but with the high bpm go decreasing it as you go, not much, just until you get the desired effects.

How to average an SV
Map in Question: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/575053
Note: The variables and equations tend to vary between people but they mostly work the same. Most often, you'll be attempting to average SVs to 1x as that's the value at which they feel the most natural to play and sightread. Also, round to the nearest hundredth as Osu doesn’t register anything past that when inputting SVs. Anyways, for reference:
• Y = average of an SV sequence
• S1 = Starting SV value (the one you choose)
• S2 = Second SV value to make the sequence average 1x
• U = Units (counted by snaps)
• U1 = Total number of units
• U2 = Remaining number of units
• N = Normalizing SV

Here are some equations you’ll probably end up using a lot:
• Finding average SV of a sequence when given both values

(S1 × U + S2 × U) ÷ U1 = Y

Example at 01:20:710 – would be like so: (0.6 × 3) + (2.2 × 1) ÷ 4 = 1

• Finding S2 when given the average SV, U1, and S1

(U1 – S1) ÷ U2 = Y

Example at 01:20:710 – would be like so: (4 – 3) ÷ 3 = 0.33
This was very insightful, but i think i'll need some time to grasp it. I'll have to test it out a bit to understand it.

Ty to Protastic101 for the average example. Well thats all i have to give here, sorry if it wasn't the longest mood but if you find me online we can IRC about this and give you even more examples! Drop me some kudos (or not) if this was slightly helpful! This was a great mod, definitely one of the most insightful ones i got in mania mapping. Do I owe Protastic101 kudos too or was that a copy-pasta from some other thread? And I'll probably take you up on your offer. I could definitely understand it better when i talk to you ingame i think.^^