forum

Tips on getting better with K+M?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DatOneLoser
Ok, so I'm a new player who plays with K+M. I do maps that are kinda easy and I can't seem to do harder maps, I just want to know how do I get better? (Practice is a given.)
KupcaH
Read sticky threads.
t/187364
t/5456
t/99612
E m i
Well since you're looking for non-practice things

Increase monitor refresh rate
Increase osu FPS
Increase keyboard polling rate/start using PS/2
Increase mouse polling rate
Disable mouse acceleration
Take whatever other steps exist in your specific scenario to decrease input lag, etc.
Use a skin with hitsounds that have a sharp impact; clearly defined point of impact, near-rectangular waveform, short, an easily distinguishable sound.
Make sure all of your hitsounds, if you have multiple of them, have the same apparent point of impact - you can analyze the waveform of the sound files to confirm this.

Also if someone thinks this won't make you play better, go tell them to go away because even increasing the keyboard polling rate from 125hz to 126hz would make your acc 0.0000000000000000000000148% better for example.
dung eater
Say ker when you press k and mit when you press m.
Topic Starter
DatOneLoser

bla wrote:

Say ker when you press k and mit when you press m.
Genius
johnmedina999
Play more.
KupcaH

johnmedina999 wrote:

Play more.
John knows.
Deva
+S
Topic Starter
DatOneLoser

johnmedina999 wrote:

Play more.
ok but i cant just seem to go to faster songs and feel stuck at easy songs. thats the problem
Teh Kotak_old
mix both
Wishes
Downloading and using a skin that is easy to read was the best decision I made when I was starting out. The default skin is honestly eye-cancer. If you are not sure what is good just download a skin from one of the top player's user pages.
Valiente

Wishes wrote:

Downloading and using a skin that is easy to read was the best decision I made when I was starting out. The default skin is honestly eye-cancer. If you are not sure what is good just download a skin from one of the top player's user pages.
I agree with this post. It almost felt like i was playing a new, fresh game when i started to use skins. I started with Miraie for example.
Topic Starter
DatOneLoser

Wishes wrote:

Using a minimalist skin right now, I used to use a counter strike skin that was kinda clunky.
Wishes

DatOneLoser wrote:

Wishes wrote:

Using a minimalist skin right now, I used to use a counter strike skin that was kinda clunky.
Yeah should be good. :D
Teh Kotak_old
Did you mean that meme CS skin? ._.
Topic Starter
DatOneLoser

Teh Kotak wrote:

Did you mean that meme CS skin? ._.
yes