1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
show more
posted
My side of the M4M from over here!

Your structure is good, so if I point something out, it usually applies a couple times elsewhere.

  1. 01:29:611 - The piece falls into silence here, instead of 01:28:746 - here, so I feel ending the spinner here would be more appropriate.
  2. (Examples are found in the "Lost" difficulty) As aesthetic patterns go, 00:02:496 (2,3) - this isn't a bad one; however I feel that it's very odd to use without any clear visual rules. It might be best to only use a couple of specific angles and copy and paste them so it's visually consistent, because you have pretty much every single angle between the sliderend and the 1/2 circle after it. You have;
    >Perfectly Straight 00:11:726 (1,2) -
    >Almost Perfectly Straight 00:05:957 (6,7) -
    >Around 45 Degrees 00:17:207 (5,6) -
    >Almost a Right Angle 00:12:880 (6,7) -
    >A Right Angle 00:22:111 (1,2) -
    >Just Past a Right Angle 00:16:342 (2,3) -
    And in that sense, it's just too messy.
  1. 00:04:803 (4,5) - This is quite a risky decision, because beginners haven't understood slider mechanics yet. It's much more beginner friendly to completely separate incoming objects from slider objects so that it's clear what the rhythm of the next incoming object is. In fact, this goes against a guideline because of this;

    Ranking Criteria wrote:

    Avoid overlapping circles, slider heads, and slider tails. These can be confusing for new players.
    I think the individual circles break this enough to a more acceptable degree (00:02:207 (1,2,3) - ), but some leeway should be given to objects after sliders sycg as (5).
  2. 00:33:650 - The melodica plays here which makes it very odd to play the note 00:33:794 (5) - here. Streamlining to a 1/1 slider starting 00:33:650 - here would be much more beginner friendly. You'll have to be pretty careful with this rhythm, because most of the time when you've put a circle on a red tick, the melody plays on a white. In my opinion, rhythms like this belongs in normals which strong support.
  1. 00:38:553 (4,5,1) - I advise heavily against non-periodic/syncopated stacks. I recommend you support the rhythm like 01:01:053 (1,2) - this or 00:31:630 (4,5,6) - this.
  2. 01:11:438 (1,2,3) - Shouldn't this be shaped like the patterns at the start?
  1. 00:57:592 (3) - I believe this should be New Combo'd
  2. 01:11:438 (1,2) - Stacks in the slow sections were 1/1 rhythms last time. It's puzzling why you'd change that now.
  3. 01:11:871 (2) - I'm fairly certain this is a mistake on your part, but the slider should certainly start 01:11:726 - here.
  4. 01:18:361 (1,2,3,4) - Not a straight line. 4 is out.
  1. 00:13:457 (4,5) - Not sure why you've changed the position of (5), you've done this rhythm with a perfect stack before. (00:02:207 (1,2) - )
  2. 00:21:101 (5) - should be under 00:20:380 (4) -
  3. 00:57:015 (1,2,3,4) - I highly recommend changing 00:57:015 (1,2) - into 4 circles and 00:57:303 (3,4) - into a 1/4 reverse slider.
  4. 00:57:592 - The periods in which you've New Combo'd have been shifted, and it's very odd because you land at the end of a phrase and the combo is still going e.g. 01:04:515 (7) - 01:07:976 (6) - . I recommend sticking to what you've done in the Hard.
  5. 00:57:592 - The map direly needs some new slider shapes, perhaps in this kiai you can change all sliders to slightly curved?
  1. 00:57:519 (8) - This note isn't played by the drum, so it really shouldn't have the clap/be here, up to you.
  2. 00:57:592 - The map direly needs some new slider shapes, perhaps in this kiai you can change all sliders to slightly curved?


Not bad. Good luck.
posted

Mykaterasu wrote:

My side of the M4M from over here!

Your structure is good, so if I point something out, it usually applies a couple times elsewhere.

  1. 01:29:611 - The piece falls into silence here, instead of 01:28:746 - here, so I feel ending the spinner here would be more appropriate. Agreed, fixed
  2. (Examples are found in the "Lost" difficulty) As aesthetic patterns go, 00:02:496 (2,3) - this isn't a bad one; however I feel that it's very odd to use without any clear visual rules. It might be best to only use a couple of specific angles and copy and paste them so it's visually consistent, because you have pretty much every single angle between the sliderend and the 1/2 circle after it. You have;
    >Perfectly Straight 00:11:726 (1,2) -
    >Almost Perfectly Straight 00:05:957 (6,7) -
    >Around 45 Degrees 00:17:207 (5,6) -
    >Almost a Right Angle 00:12:880 (6,7) -
    >A Right Angle 00:22:111 (1,2) -
    >Just Past a Right Angle 00:16:342 (2,3) -
    And in that sense, it's just too messy. I agree, will adjust according angles in the entire set, as I didn't consider that until now.
  1. 00:04:803 (4,5) - This is quite a risky decision, because beginners haven't understood slider mechanics yet. It's much more beginner friendly to completely separate incoming objects from slider objects so that it's clear what the rhythm of the next incoming object is. In fact, this goes against a guideline because of this;

    Ranking Criteria wrote:

    Avoid overlapping circles, slider heads, and slider tails. These can be confusing for new players.
    I think the individual circles break this enough to a more acceptable degree (00:02:207 (1,2,3) - ), but some leeway should be given to objects after sliders sycg as (5). Yeah, I'll fix these.
  2. 00:33:650 - The melodica plays here which makes it very odd to play the note 00:33:794 (5) - here. Streamlining to a 1/1 slider starting 00:33:650 - here would be much more beginner friendly. You'll have to be pretty careful with this rhythm, because most of the time when you've put a circle on a red tick, the melody plays on a white. In my opinion, rhythms like this belongs in normals which strong support. Hmm yeah I'll get some testplays on this since I would have to basically remap the diff to change this, as I use this rhythm throughout.
  1. 00:38:553 (4,5,1) - I advise heavily against non-periodic/syncopated stacks. I recommend you support the rhythm like 01:01:053 (1,2) - this or 00:31:630 (4,5,6) - this. alright, will fix those.
  2. 01:11:438 (1,2,3) - Shouldn't this be shaped like the patterns at the start? uhm the angles are different I guess? will fix that
  1. 00:57:592 (3) - I believe this should be New Combo'd Fixed
  2. 01:11:438 (1,2) - Stacks in the slow sections were 1/1 rhythms last time. It's puzzling why you'd change that now. Right. I'll fix that.
  3. 01:11:871 (2) - I'm fairly certain this is a mistake on your part, but the slider should certainly start 01:11:726 - here. Hmm the outro is actually entirely mapped to the xylophone-like sound in the background, which probably is not a good idea. I'll remap the ending to make it structurally more consistent.
  4. 01:18:361 (1,2,3,4) - Not a straight line. 4 is out. Fixed
  1. 00:13:457 (4,5) - Not sure why you've changed the position of (5), you've done this rhythm with a perfect stack before. (00:02:207 (1,2) - ) Fixed
  2. 00:21:101 (5) - should be under 00:20:380 (4) - Fixed
  3. 00:57:015 (1,2,3,4) - I highly recommend changing 00:57:015 (1,2) - into 4 circles and 00:57:303 (3,4) - into a 1/4 reverse slider. Agreed,
    that would also adress spread issues given the longer stream in the end.
  4. 00:57:592 - The periods in which you've New Combo'd have been shifted, and it's very odd because you land at the end of a phrase and the combo is still going e.g. 01:04:515 (7) - 01:07:976 (6) - . I recommend sticking to what you've done in the Hard. Okay
  5. 00:57:592 - The map direly needs some new slider shapes, perhaps in this kiai you can change all sliders to slightly curved? Nice,
    I'll probably do that or something similar
  1. 00:57:519 (8) - This note isn't played by the drum, so it really shouldn't have the clap/be here, up to you. wow, nice catch,
    fixed
  2. 00:57:592 - The map direly needs some new slider shapes, perhaps in this kiai you can change all sliders to slightly curved? yup, will do that


Not bad. Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your time!

Also thanks to Kibbleru (not sure if I'm supposed to click the kds button)
posted
god, I'm so sorry. m4m my side (please don't kill me)
extremely solid map, only major issues are the cluttered style of the objects and a e s t h e t i c s. This map is definitely rankable.

notice: not done (I needed to go to school sorry :V) please don't kds until I'm done thanks

easy

  • Any reason why you use 0.5x SV green lines with 1.0 normal SV? you could just get normal sv to 0.5 and use 1.17 (?) sv greenlines and remove the 0.5x
  1. 00:06:534 (5) - honestly I think this would be better at x390 y169 to reduce the clutter and for better readability for newer players. it's fine as is, though.
  2. 00:13:457 (5) - stupid minor aesthetic suggestion (tm) but why not put (5) at x93 y171 so that it follows the shape of the slider
  3. 00:25:573 (5) - NC? It helps the player realize that (4, 5) is not a 1/1 stack
  4. 00:41:150 (6) - you might want to move this up a bit so that (4) isn't touching (6) but reminder that this is also a stupid minor aesthetic suggestion (tm)
  5. 00:50:957 (2,3) - i disagree with the rythmn change here- for consistency reasons I'd just go with what you've already done (as before it prioritized the drums and now it prioritizes the horn
posted
This is going to be on hold for at least another week, so take your time. Also there's no need to mod normal diff, as I'm going to remap. Thanks!

/edit: updated everything
posted
Take my advice with a grain of salt (I'm new as you know) but here are a few things I saw on Hard:

00:29:755 (1) - Is this supposed to be on the drumroll? Without a hitsound, it seems unneeded/detached. I would remove it.
01:11:438 (1) - It's hard to judge the distance between these two notes because the tempo is effectively cut in half for the bells, and the pattern implies a 1/8 note gap. I found it to be much more readable by distance snapping the 1 to the 6 of the last combo.
01:21:823 (1) - Up to this point, the blue was representing the accordion parts and the white/grey was for the bells/typewriter. Why is it different here? Did you not want to end the song on grey?
Overall I understand the minimal hitsounds, but they are downright inaudible in some parts, and that tripped me up a bit. Making them a bit louder across the board would probably be best :)

Good luck, and thanks for the advice! :)
posted

lilscribby wrote:

Take my advice with a grain of salt (I'm new as you know) but here are a few things I saw on Hard:

00:29:755 (1) - Is this supposed to be on the drumroll? Without a hitsound, it seems unneeded/detached. I would remove it. I agree
01:11:438 (1) - It's hard to judge the distance between these two notes because the tempo is effectively cut in half for the bells, and the pattern implies a 1/8 note gap. I found it to be much more readable by distance snapping the 1 to the 6 of the last combo. made it less confusing
01:21:823 (1) - Up to this point, the blue was representing the accordion parts and the white/grey was for the bells/typewriter. Why is it different here? Did you not want to end the song on grey? there's a small reprise at the end and I didn't want players to be surprised by the sudden change in rhythm density, but I'll reconsider potentially
Overall I understand the minimal hitsounds, but they are downright inaudible in some parts, and that tripped me up a bit. Making them a bit louder across the board would probably be best :)I'll try to get them to the same volume as default hitsounds

Good luck, and thanks for the advice! :)
thanks! I'll take a look at that map of yours
posted
for m4m maybe? i posted in your thread

[Insane]
- the stacking at the start is awkward for me but i can easily see how thats just a design choice (i like the overlapping on the lost diff a lot more though but thats just me)
- 00:05:669 (5) , 00:22:976 (5) - should be new combos right? to match the other similar parts
- i like the way your slider shapes represent the calm or intense parts of the music. you could make sliders on strong sounds like 00:31:630 (1) - and 00:32:496 (4) - even more curved to show that, i think could be cool
- 00:51:967 (6) - awkward flow, ctrl g this probably
- 01:07:400 (2,3) - dont think this should be spaced, not really a sound to be particularly emphasized and doesnt match the other curved shapes that are used, could just move 01:07:544 (3) - to (208,208)
- 01:12:303 (4,1) - , 01:15:765 (4,1) - space these out maybe, theres not a lot of overlapping in this section and other full beat gaps arent represented this way

[Lost]
- could increase AR to 9.2 maybe, the high bpm would allow for it and could make it easier to read with the overlapping in places
- 00:02:496 (2,3) - these overlaps are nice but the way the circles are placed doesnt really seem to have a specific reasoning. you could have them so they flow directly into the next objects(like 00:05:236 (2,3) - which is nice)
- 00:56:726 (6,1) - could be spaced more for the full beat gap leading into the stream
- 01:21:390 (2,3,4,1) - , 01:22:544 (4,5,6,7) - i dont think these should be jumps its kind of out of place because the song doesnt change (or is it to lead into the stream?)

i like the unique song choice and lost diff is really really fun to play good map
posted

huntress wrote:

for m4m maybe? i posted in your thread

[Insane]
- the stacking at the start is awkward for me but i can easily see how thats just a design choice (i like the overlapping on the lost diff a lot more though but thats just me)
- 00:05:669 (5) , 00:22:976 (5) - should be new combos right? to match the other similar parts correct
- i like the way your slider shapes represent the calm or intense parts of the music. you could make sliders on strong sounds like 00:31:630 (1) - and 00:32:496 (4) - even more curved to show that, i think could be cool will consider
- 00:51:967 (6) - awkward flow, ctrl g this probably I want 00:52:255 (7) - to flowbreak
- 01:07:400 (2,3) - dont think this should be spaced, not really a sound to be particularly emphasized and doesnt match the other curved shapes that are used, could just move 01:07:544 (3) - to (208,208) drums are increased in volume and I don't want stop movement into that, but reduced spacing a bit
- 01:12:303 (4,1) - , 01:15:765 (4,1) - space these out maybe, theres not a lot of overlapping in this section and other full beat gaps arent represented this way I want to map the new instrument starting at 01:13:313 - through change in movement, also there's no sound between 01:12:303 (4,1) - that's worth any movement

[Lost]
- could increase AR to 9.2 maybe, the high bpm would allow for it and could make it easier to read with the overlapping in places ok
- 00:02:496 (2,3) - these overlaps are nice but the way the circles are placed doesnt really seem to have a specific reasoning. you could have them so they flow directly into the next objects(like 00:05:236 (2,3) - which is nice) I don't entirely get your point, 00:04:803 (1,2) - are overlapped in the same way. I stopped movement at 00:02:496 (2,3) - to emphasize 00:03:073 (4) - better
- 00:56:726 (6,1) - could be spaced more for the full beat gap leading into the stream I think a full beat is enough for people to read, also I don't want movement in the break since there's no sound
- 01:21:390 (2,3,4,1) - , 01:22:544 (4,5,6,7) - i dont think these should be jumps its kind of out of place because the song doesnt change (or is it to lead into the stream?) The rhythm of the drums increase in density implying more tension and therefore increased movement I think

i like the unique song choice and lost diff is really really fun to play good map
Thanks for the mod!
posted
mod4mod

how is this so good arent u new

i keep pointing out no corners cuz it's rly cramped lo

edit: my map here https://osu.ppy.sh/s/683677

[lost]
00:04:371 (8,1) - areas like this r misleading cuz the player would expect 1/2
00:30:476 (6,7,1) - movement funky in these instances
00:40:717 (3) - 00:45:909 (3) - 00:52:832 (3) - ctrl g? all other sliders were lead to by the head the head
00:33:073 (3) - same idea as hard
also if u ctrl a u have no corners lol
[insane]
00:03:073 (3,4) - u should keep ur stack spacing (timeline) the same in this section. 00:02:928 (2) - like u can easily stack this on 3 for all of these
00:30:332 (5) - 00:31:198 (3) - sliders starting on weak beat to name a few
00:33:073 (3) - same idea as hard
also if u ctrl a u have no edges lol
[hard]
00:33:073 (5) - i think all these streams could be arranged differently because mapping them all with equal strength isnt very accurate to the song 00:33:073 (5) - is stronger
also if u ctrl a theres no corners xd
[normal]
i think is ok but im not experienced with low diff
posted
Hello from your m4m qua

there 01:17:640 (1) - and 01:17:784 (1) - - are missing 2 notes, u can make a little stream with 01:17:496 (1) - Ctrol+g to this 01:17:928 (2) -
to follow the flow and not cover the reverse arrow
why this 01:02:928 (6,7) - like that . Get them closer or stack them
down volumen of this 00:03:073 (4) - in the tail. This with the sames ones(00:06:534 (8) - , 00:09:996 (4) - )

i think this is 00:18:217 (8) - Useless


In general u had a good work over there

Cant do to much,i hate the asthetic , i saw some mods and they are saying the same thing " spaced" well, remember u can make your own style
posted

cococolaco wrote:

mod4mod

how is this so good arent u new

i keep pointing out no corners cuz it's rly cramped lo

edit: my map here https://osu.ppy.sh/s/683677

[lost]
00:04:371 (8,1) - areas like this r misleading cuz the player would expect 1/2 removed them for now
00:30:476 (6,7,1) - movement funky in these instances not quite sure what you mean by that
00:40:717 (3) - 00:45:909 (3) - 00:52:832 (3) - ctrl g? all other sliders were lead to by the head the head interesting, will have to think about that for a bit
00:33:073 (3) - same idea as hard will consider
also if u ctrl a u have no corners lol yeah I suck
[insane]
00:03:073 (3,4) - u should keep ur stack spacing (timeline) the same in this section. 00:02:928 (2) - like u can easily stack this on 3 for all of these will probably have to remap the intro
00:30:332 (5) - 00:31:198 (3) - sliders starting on weak beat to name a few will probably have to remap the chorus
00:33:073 (3) - same idea as hard will consider
also if u ctrl a u have no edges lol I still suck
[hard]
00:33:073 (5) - i think all these streams could be arranged differently because mapping them all with equal strength isnt very accurate to the song 00:33:073 (5) - is stronger will consider
also if u ctrl a theres no corners xd I'm terrible
[normal]
i think is ok but im not experienced with low diff

Tralen wrote:

Hello from your m4m qua

there 01:17:640 (1) - and 01:17:784 (1) - - are missing 2 notes, u can make a little stream with 01:17:496 (1) - Ctrol+g to this 01:17:928 (2) -
to follow the flow and not cover the reverse arrow I think it's fine, I don't want to make this part too dense
why this 01:02:928 (6,7) - like that . Get them closer or stack them not entirely sure what you mean by that, I stopped because the strings stopped playing
down volumen of this 00:03:073 (4) - in the tail. This with the sames ones(00:06:534 (8) - , 00:09:996 (4) - ) There are still sounds from the typewriter. I even put whistles on those

i think this is 00:18:217 (8) - Useless removed for now


In general u had a good work over there

Cant do to much,i hate the asthetic , i saw some mods and they are saying the same thing " spaced" well, remember u can make your own style
Thanks, since I feel the map generally sucks right now, I'll put this on hold for a bit and try to remap things when I have gained more experience
posted
i meant that the movement has wide angle and feels weird BUT it was consistent so idk what to say about it xd
posted
Hello mod from my queue~
Since you said to not touch Hard or above, I'll shall not.
Easy
  1. 00:25:573 (1,2) - the previous usage of 00:25:573 (1) - aside, with this here now I'd definitely pattern this in some other way. Like, the most important sounds are now 00:25:573 - 00:26:438 - and 00:27:303 - ; two of which are under slider and not clicked. Simplest solution to improve it would be to break 00:26:726 (2) - into circle + slider so that it covers little more. Actually it's probably the best solution here since you don't want it that much dense or it's not fitting for this section anymore.
  2. 00:55:861 (4,5) - for similar reasons, I think it'd be better if 00:55:861 (4) - was reversed so that it covers 3, making it possible to have circle at 00:56:726 - instead of the sliderend
  3. 01:24:130 (5) - same thing, except since this is ending you could actually just make this 2 circles instead for the ending climax it is.
Normal
  1. These could have more appealing shapes. They don't look symmetrical (dunno if you wanted them to be, usually yes) and the curves look "sharp" for some parts. (as in they have some sort of "turning point" instead of the whole curve being the same smooth)
  2. 00:48:938 (1,2) - fix blanket
  3. this seems massively more dense than Easy, but that won't necessary be problem with the mapset if it fits when they are all ready (again).
Good luck!
EDIT: This somehow reminds me a lot of some VN bgms, especially feels like I'd be in the forest in Rewrite lul
posted

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello mod from my queue~
Since you said to not touch Hard or above, I'll shall not.
Easy
  1. 00:25:573 (1,2) - the previous usage of 00:25:573 (1) - aside, with this here now I'd definitely pattern this in some other way. Like, the most important sounds are now 00:25:573 - 00:26:438 - and 00:27:303 - ; two of which are under slider and not clicked. Simplest solution to improve it would be to break 00:26:726 (2) - into circle + slider so that it covers little more. Actually it's probably the best solution here since you don't want it that much dense or it's not fitting for this section anymore. fixed
  2. 00:55:861 (4,5) - for similar reasons, I think it'd be better if 00:55:861 (4) - was reversed so that it covers 3, making it possible to have circle at 00:56:726 - instead of the sliderend fixed
  3. 01:24:130 (5) - same thing, except since this is ending you could actually just make this 2 circles instead for the ending climax it is. fixed
Normal
  1. These could have more appealing shapes. They don't look symmetrical (dunno if you wanted them to be, usually yes) and the curves look "sharp" for some parts. (as in they have some sort of "turning point" instead of the whole curve being the same smooth) Hmm interesting, not sure how to fix that, as the anker points I used are perfectly symmetrical and I wouldn't know how to do it better
  2. 00:48:938 (1,2) - fix blanket fixed
  3. this seems massively more dense than Easy, but that won't necessary be problem with the mapset if it fits when they are all ready (again). I tried to make all diffs 1 sr apart from each other, maybe thats a bad thing for lower diffs, I'll get more opinions on this, thanks
Good luck!
EDIT: This somehow reminds me a lot of some VN bgms, especially feels like I'd be in the forest in Rewrite lul
Thanks a lot for your time!
posted
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.