forum

PyP Video Game Mafia [MAFIA+SURVIVOR] - Dr. Hitter Escapes!

posted
Total Posts
show more
foulcoon
I don't think sanity will be revealed, so either way we're kind of wasting a lynch on verification. Thats why I thought it would be more beneficial to lynch one of the people Mashley found Guilty.
Wojjan
The main problem with that is that it's not a guarantee at all. If Mash is scum and just listed three townies with random results to gun for some mislynches the flip of a townie that's either guilty or inno won't pronounce the others as inno or guilty scum. If we go for Mash and maybe get his sanity at least we can lynch depending on that. Otherwise if he flips cop I'm pretty sure Phoenix won't be a RANDOM cop, so we can lynch either or based on an educated guess.
pieguyn
Responding to prod o.o

I have been following the thread, but I couldn't effing make up my mind and I was too busy to think about it much. Right now, I think it's most likely that Mashley is insane, which would make Lyby mafia, Rantai town, and Wojjan town. He already got two guilty results which doesn't seem that likely, and I also think Lyby is mafia because he attacked people for voting adam. He also FoS'ed me for "stopping discussion" when he voted for adam himself, despite the fact that if I waited Wojjan, who was town, could have been lynched.

The situation of Mashley being insane and Lyby being mafia makes sense IMO. vote: Lybydose
pieguyn
Fix: was -> could be

he could still be mafia, but I don't think it's that likely at this point, hence my error :?
Lybydose
or a scum slip
Lybydose
@Mashley: how are your results worded? I know you "kind of" answered it earlier, but that question was whether or not you got the person's name in your result.

Specifically, I'm wondering if you get "foo is town" and "foobar is not town", or if it comes up "foobar is guilty" and "foo is not guilty"? I'm assuming the latter based on what you said earlier.

The difference being that an independent role shows up differently depending on the wording.
Lybydose
also unvote so there's no hammer before he responds
Mara
So. much. text.

tl;dr - Mashley is getting lynched because there can't be two polices?

How about checkin' his insanity instead of lynching him? I'm just sayin'.
FisHie_old
Unvote.

I do not want to risk lynching a possible cop.
Mashley got a guilty result on Rantai so I'll place my vote on him.
Vote: Rantai.

If Rantai turns out to be innocent then Mashley is either lying or he is an insane cop.

What do you guys think ?
Lybydose

LunaticMara wrote:

So. much. text.

tl;dr - Mashley is getting lynched because there can't be two polices?

How about checkin' his insanity instead of lynching him? I'm just sayin'.
And just how do you propose we check that?

He investigates himself. Gets "guilty". OK that means he's either random or insane. Or lying and is really mafia.
He investigates himself. Gets "not guilty". That means sane. Or lying and mafia.

No one has claimed to be a motivator that targeted Mashley yet, so I'm operating under the assumption that he's lying about this whole deal.
Mara
How about FisHie's idea?

Of course, if there is no other way - I'll vote him.
FisHie_old
Why is the motivator hiding, if there is one ?
I don't get it.
In my opinion we should try to figure out Mashley's situation first before we lynch him.

This reminds me of what happened to Salvage.
bmin11

LunaticMara wrote:

How about FisHie's idea?

Of course, if there is no other way - I'll vote him.

Wojjan wrote:

The main problem with that is that it's not a guarantee at all. If Mash is scum and just listed three townies with random results to gun for some mislynches the flip of a townie that's either guilty or inno won't pronounce the others as inno or guilty scum. If we go for Mash and maybe get his sanity at least we can lynch depending on that. Otherwise if he flips cop I'm pretty sure Phoenix won't be a RANDOM cop, so we can lynch either or based on an educated guess.

EDIT: fixed the quote order
FisHie_old
So you guys don't think that we need a cop ?
bmin11
The problem with calling out random townies to be guilty or not, is that he have pulled two guilties already. If he was really trying to fool us as a cop if he was a mafia, this is rather risky move and mafia hates taking risks. Mashley have taken two risky moves as a maifa so far, which were the cop claim on D2 for no apperant reason + not knowing if there is a cop or not. 2) he called out a motivator and another guilty result.
Wojjan
I am actually much more confident in my vote on Mash now that the Motivator is still not around. pies why didn't you address that at all in your analysispost?
akrolsmir
While we wait for Mashley to flip and tell us who is scum out of Lybydose, Wojjan and Rantai, let's see what else we can figure out.

I think LadySuburu is confirmed town with that bulletproof business (and when he's this quiet early on he's usually town.) Rolled is probably town as well, as that explains the two attempted night kills N1, and then only one N2. KRZY, have you been using your ability to talk to people? If he has someone can probably verify him as well, unless they're actually scumbuddies or something (unlikely IMO).

On the flip side nobody strikes me as obvscum at the moment (except possibly Mashley). I would also FoS foulcoon and fishie, for trying to protect Mashley and also for both voting Salvage day 1. But that can wait until we're finished dealing with Mashley's role and results.
pieguyn

Wojjan wrote:

I am actually much more confident in my vote on Mash now that the Motivator is still not around. pies why didn't you address that at all in your analysispost?
oh oops, I had an explanation for that but closed the window before I posted it, and then forgot to put it = =

Perhaps a weak motivator acts 1.5 days in advance, and he targets during the day. When Lilac and I put a motivator, he acted one day in advance. Perhaps the "weak" was because it took longer.
Rantai
But weak means they can't target a mafia without dying, not a delay in action.

Unless we're using non standard modifiers now.
Lilac
From memory, Motivators actually don't have delays. I originally planned it not to have a delay but we put one in for some strange reason.

Goddamnit.
tastelikecoke

akrolsmir wrote:

(and when he's this quiet early on he's usually town.)
I wouldn't believe any metagaming inference as a guarantee for townieness. It's more likely for scum to fake their moves as meta-town than town to fake their moves as meta-scum.

pieguy wrote:

Perhaps a weak motivator acts 1.5 days in advance, and he targets during the day. When Lilac and I put a motivator, he acted one day in advance. Perhaps the "weak" was because it took longer.
A sound explanation, although a delay doesn't sound like a sign of weakness. Late, slow or molasses would have fit better.
Plus, DxS died, D1, by a lynch, and his/her power shows up N2 is damn weird of a case.

Back to Swift, We can see he really had a cop power so there's still an issue about two cops. Most likely the uncertainty of his role was because of the way he died or something.
Oh wait. That's how they die in Persona 4, how could I not have noticed.
So we still have the dillemma of 3 results. Who to kill? or something.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
VOTE COUNT:
Mashley (5) - Wojjan, Rantai, akrolsmir, KRZY, tastelikecoke
Lybydose (1) - pieguy1372
Rantai (1) - fishie

Not Voting (8) - LunaticMara, Lilac, Rolled, Mashley, foulcoon, bmin11, LadySuburu, Lybydose
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for replacement for Rolled
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Two is replacing Rolled.
Two_old
pieguy if you don't move your vote from lybydose to rantai, I'm going to kill you tonight

oh and vote: Rantai
Two_old
and if pieguy does move it, I'm going to kill you KRZY
foulcoon
it'd be hard for you to kill pieguy if you have Rolled's role, considering he already failed to killed mafia on night one.
foulcoon
or so he claimed
Two_old
I'm well aware of everything rolled said thx
akrolsmir
So you want Rantai dead, but you're not considering shooting him... coupled with the fact that there's only been one kill last night, I get the feeling that you're lying to us now about still being able to nk.

More importantly, you think lynching Mashley is a bad idea?
Two_old
oh no, I think lynching mashley is a great idea for mafia

so you go right ahead and do that akrolsmir
akrolsmir
... care to explain why?
Two_old
no
foulcoon
game just got significantly more interesting lol
Rantai
Oh welcome Two.

Already trying to coerce people into voting me... (what for again?)
Two_old
cause you already had one vote
Rantai
Ahh ok.

What's your opinion on this whole sane/cop/Mashley situation?
tastelikecoke
Uh, welcome Two.

Two wrote:

no
unless you explain any of your logic, nothing about your actions will help town, whether you are confirmed town or not.
Two_old
I am inherently a boon to town

you on the otherhand are not

and it's made worse by you voting for a cop gj
akrolsmir
and there goes Two being reasonable as always.

Seriously though, if you think Mashley is a legitimate cop in spite of the evidence against that, explaining why is more likely to get us to agree with you than threatening us.
FisHie_old
This isn't really going anywhere.. :/
show more