forum

PyP Video Game Mafia [MAFIA+SURVIVOR] - Dr. Hitter Escapes!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wojjan
and there's the part where you vote nolynch and then say that's a bad idea. Why did you vote it in the first place then?
FisHie_old
I've already explained all that stuff before.
I do not really care what Salvage thinks about me.
pieguyn
I thought fishie was a lynchee o.o

If he is, I'd think he would be town, but who knows :?
Backfire
Im not trying to distract. Im just giving my honest opinion. I think you're mafia, because your posts are cery suspicious and you're trying realllly hard to convince us otherwise. So. Vote : Salvage At the moment, fish MIGHT be mafia but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
adam2046
Unvote
Vote: Wojjan
Salvage
So you'll give fishie the benefit of the doubt even tho i roleclaimed an aux role and he's just dragging himself more and more .. okay now if you and fishie are mafia this is gonna be the easiest game ever , and if you're not mafia then you're just bad at helping town.
KRZY
Still gonna keep my vote on fishie. However, Salvage does give a lot of rather unnecessary talk. Gonna keep my eye on him, and he better produce some results N1.
Mara
@Mod, prod Lilac?
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Can't prod. It's been 36 hours since this post:

Lilac wrote:

The fact is, Salvage always posts like that, regardless of alignment. I've still got my eye on you though.
Mara
Oh shit, I am blind part 2. Sorry for that.
Rolled
Okay, just spent an hour reading this thread and I can now say a lot of you are pretty bad. Fluff it down a little bit with the one sentence posts, please.

Made some notes of posts that caught my eye. Hopefully I can remember my reasoning now that I'm going back and looking at them.

RARGH I SUCK. Hyperlinked the fucking image, not the post :( Now I need to go through this shithole again. Anyways:

Fishie wrote:

Vote: NoLynchOkay, any experienced player is aware that no lynching is not useful to town 99% of the time. Where this becomes WIFOM-y, however, is ask yourself: Does no lynching sound like a favorable opportunity to mafia, regardless of the player's experience? Anybody who pounces on these players who vote no lynch is immediately suspicious to me, using it as such an easy opportunity to scumpaint. The more experienced the [scumpainting] player, the more suspicious they become. Realize that the ONLY person that will vote for a no lynch is an inexperienced player. Once you realize that, ask yourself, is it more common for an in experienced mafia to vote nolynch, or an inexperienced town? My vote goes for inexperienced town. That said:
FoS: Lyby, Savage, and KRZY, in that order pretty much.

Other than that, I have a mild FoS on Rantai, mostly due to meta (at least in my memory). I remember admiring Rantai's play in one game as pro-town, thinking it was very well thought out it persuaded my opinion a lot in said game. I couldn't even find the game that I'm referencing, so hopefully I'm not mixing you up with another person (maybe akro.. >_>) in which case, sorry for the confusion, but at least that eliminates this FoS ^___^

Okay, the reasoning for the FoS:

Rantai wrote:

Salvage wrote:

adam : i'd rather waste time thinking about more important things , we won't reach anything discussing the probabilty of roles being used when we don't know anything about them yet , glad you start moving things with that vote ^_^.
Really now?

That sounds rather scummy right there, glad to see you don't mind wasting time, as long as it's not around you.
While a huge part of me doesn't trust Salvage at all, this post made Rantai seem like he was grasping at straws to push a Salvage lynch/roleclaim. There were many cases to be argued at that point of the game that pointed in the direction of Salvage being scummy, but the fact that Rantai acknowledged something as small as this struck me as odd. To specify, labeling the "wasting time" bit to be "rather scummy" seems to be pushing it a lot, and looks like scumpainting. While perhaps Salvage could have chosen his words better, in no means do I think that little bit is scummy. If Salvage ends up rolling town, then I will re-instate this FoS on Rantai.

Okay, that's just my attempt to point out some bits of this game I felt were overlooked. I'm here for good now though, did you miss me? :lol:

also, completely off-topic:
I was thinking of putting together an ISO archive to possibly be stickied on this forum. I'd sort by game, then alignment (scum/town), hyperlinking each player's ISO during that game. Is anybody at all interested in this, or better yet interested in helping?
Lybydose
I see where you're saying with the FoS's on anti no-lynchers, but the fact of the matter is that fishie isn't actually inexperienced. Someone already pointed out that he's played 3 games before this one on this site.

also, completely off topic
I don't know what ISO means, unless it's "in search of", which I usually only hear in the context of trading cards
bmin11
That's what I meant by "confusing posts" as the way it was written sounds very scummish, but also seems like he just didn't chose the right wording. I stopped thinking about it after Salvage's role claim, since there's no point of focussing anymore.
FisHie_old

Lybydose wrote:

he's played 3 games before
Actually more like 2. Or 1 and a half.
Rantai
@Rolled, the only game I can think of where I was town and did something useful was the first less experiment game.

That out of the way, I can honestly say those words felt genuine and as such roused a fair amount of suspicion from me. I probably can't make you understand how, but it rubs me the wrong way. At the very least it's a deflection of attention.
Salvage
The "i'd rather waste time" sentence i wrote was a misspelled one of course , english isn't my first lenguage you know ^_^.

LS where are yoooooooouuu
Mashley
Vote Salvage
KRZY
I accept Rolled's logic, and will take this into account in my future games. I, of course, do not accept his suspicion lol
Mara

Lybydose wrote:

I see where you're saying with the FoS's on anti no-lynchers, but the fact of the matter is that fishie isn't actually inexperienced. Someone already pointed out that he's played 3 games before this one on this site.

LunaticMara wrote:

FYI, FisHie didn't actually play Mafia II. He was added just for the lulz.
In Mafia III, he actually just voted No Lynch and that was pretty much it.

So yeah, 1½ games. He was pretty active in Mafia IV until he got nightkilled.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
VOTE COUNT:
fishie (4) Lybydose, KRZY, Salvage, Wojjan
Salvage (3) - foulcoon,fishie, Mashley
Backfire (1) - DeathxShinigami
LunaticMara (1) - pieguy1372
Wojjan (1) - adam2046

Not Voting (10) - Rantai, LunaticMara, Lilac, Swiftwolf Yellowtail, Rolled, Backfire, Jaqennn, KRZY, LadySuburu, bmin11
Rolled
Salvage why are you waiting on LS specifically?
Mara
Yeah, I'll just leave this vote in here.

Vote: Salvage
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

LunaticMara wrote:

@Mod, prod Lilac?
NOW it's been 48 hours.

Prod Lilac
Lilac
Do it, I dare you.
Rantai
/prods Lilac

Challenge accepted.

- Got any opinions to share?
Lilac
Sure.

My opinion is the general players don't have one. At least what I can see.
Mara
Why do you think so?
Lilac
I'd like to know why Mara rushed my prod to begin with. Why not I prod DxS? He's been gone as long as I have almost have, so what do you achieve?

Salvage is going all over the place with his accusations, fishie's doing...something of an unknown nature and everyone is kinda neutral... I might have missed a few people though.

Anyway, back on to Salvage and Swifttail like I said earlier. Swifty is intent on bringing everyone to the topic, I don't see that as a scum move unless he wants more attention on himself but who knows, he probably just doesn't know that. Salvage, on the other hand, is intent on LS on being Mafia...why though, I actually want to know.
Lilac
Credit to Rolled for his ISO work, brilliant as always.
Mara

Lilac wrote:

I'd like to know why Mara rushed my prod to begin with.
Because I wanted to hear some opinions from you. Also yeah, prod DxS.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Lilac: I'm always about timing, so if someone didn't post as often, then yes, I would keep an eye on their last post.
Lilac
In other words, I am also waiting before I vote...

...GAAAH.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
..might be why you're not posting as often.
Lilac
No, it's just that I'm working 9 to 5 these school holidays..

..and once I get home, it's all...ick.
LadySuburu

Salvage wrote:

LS where are yoooooooouuu
Asleep, and also not really having anything to say. I've already stated my opinions.
foulcoon
Unvote

because I never did before, and I need some time to think about things. School + work forever btw, haven't been posting as much as I would like to.
Salvage

Rolled wrote:

Salvage why are you waiting on LS specifically?

Cause you already posted your opinions as Wojjan and Lyby did and i actually think that you and them are the only oens that could come with a good plan, and hopefully not all of you 4 are mafia, so i wanted to hear what does LS think it's the best thing to do right now but well.
bmin11
Way to discredit people! Isn't it, Salvage?

And FoS: Mashley, LunaticMara
You guys went to vote for Salvage even though we had quite amount of discussion and a plan. Is there a reason why you can't wait for a night? Or are you that sure Salvage is a mafia, even risking the chance of lynching a possible Watcher/Tracker? To me, you guys seem like trying to blend in by votting an easy and generally scummy looking target without a clear reasoning nor actually focussing on the game.
Wojjan

bmin11 wrote:

blend in by votting an easy and generally scummy looking target without a clear reasoning nor actually focussing on the game.
I really don't think Salvage is neither easy or scummy at all.
bmin11

Wojjan wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

blend in by votting an easy and generally scummy looking target without a clear reasoning nor actually focussing on the game.
I really don't think Salvage is neither easy or scummy at all.
It would look like that if people only reads the last few posts and I think that's what they are doing. Randomly pops out -> vote -> vanish
show more