forum

[Archived] bluescreen problem

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
My1_old
graphicscard change did nothinh (startpost)
I finished my updates and restarted so I'll try now.
but what about making 60fps withOUT vsync (whatever it is)

and I didnt use fullscreen
Topic Starter
My1_old
not again, but one thing is curious
it likes killing my computer very often during or after spinners...
Topic Starter
My1_old
I need help
peppy
Apart from the suggestions already given, there is no way we can help you, no matter how many times you post. You could consider buying a new PC.
Fabi
What about overclocking that CPU?. By the way, I had the same GPU and the only way I could play was with OpenGL and Vsync enabled to 60.
Azure_Kite
If he's having issues with stability I doubt very much that overclocking would assist.
Topic Starter
My1_old
1st thiny I wont overclock my CPU, 2nd, I sometimes play CTB on a laptop which is too slow to even display sliders and I did never get any bluescreen on that
Saitou Fujiwara
I got a suggestion for you BUY A PC!!!NOW!!
Topic Starter
My1_old
just for info we dont are rich...
Raging Bull
Yeah but peppy said that if the stuff he posted still makes you have blue screen, then he really can't help you anymore.
Pyrre
dude, for only like €300 you could get some heavy upgrades.
So you don't really have to be that rich to upgrade that computer xD
Espionage724

Pyrre wrote:

dude, for only like €300 you could get some heavy upgrades.
So you don't really have to be that rich to upgrade that computer xD
I remember where I couldn't even fork out $50 for computer parts, as "sad" as that might be, I was probably one of a few people who couldn't just pull money out of nowhere :p

Anyway, I quickly read through some posts, but have you tried running a CPU or GPU stress test? That alone would quickly (and aggressively) find any issues with your hardware (in terms of errors, or heat, whichever comes first).

I recommend Prime95 for a CPU stress, and Furmark for a GPU stress. I would also recommend a temperature monitor program too, and for this I recommend HWMonitor from CPUID.

Run Prime95 for like 3 mins, see where your CPU temps go (anything above 60C might be of slight concern, but you may have to look up safe temp values for your particular CPU). If your computer stays on without problem during those 3 mins, close Prime95. If your computer shuts down, this is either from overheating, or your PSU cannot deliver enough power to the CPU (if the PSU can't deliver the power and your computer shuts down though, I would replace the PSU right away. If anything, your computer is supposed to BSoD if your CPU doesn't get enough power).

Next run Furmark. Safe GPU temps are card-specific, but I think a general number to stay below is 80C. Do burn-in tests for about 3-5 mins or however long you feel is safe (but I recommend at least 3 mins). If your computer lasts without problem during the time you run Furmark, good. Otherwise, you'll either get a BSoD, your GPU driver could restart, or your computer might shut down.

I would probably run both programs overnight just to be safe later on though just to check overall stability (but only after you have some "safety measures" in place, such as having your BIOS shutdown the computer if your CPU temps reach a certain value, or have Furmark shutdown after the GPU temps reach a certain value, both values should of course either be very close or at the max recommended temp for your hardware).

TLDR: Stress test your GPU and CPU and see what happens
Topic Starter
My1_old
I've Run CPU test very often and I can say that osu almost never gets to 100% without video while playing it is like 30-50% and with video ist is like 60-80% but it jumps up to approx. 90% when loading something (like change of map or start of playing etc. but falls within a second back to normal)
I do that with the task manager of windows
but I dunno any programs where I can check the GPU usage...
---
but It really is confusing, coz I can play Need For Speed Underground2 (which looks like needing a lot more graphics) fine (it rarely crashes but it doesnt take windows with it in a BSOD...)
peppy
GPU load is very different to CPU load.
Topic Starter
My1_old
that's why I want to know a prog, for GPU check...
but I dunno anyones
Jalatiphra
your graphics card is the worst card every build...

-> clean your pc from dust
-> kill everything on your harddrive and reinstall windows
-> just put up a new clean system.
-> if error persists: hardware is faulty. ( it is not of interest if there are different errors - there are errors which are specific to your graphicscards.. thats all that matters)
Espionage724

My1 wrote:

that's why I want to know a prog, for GPU check...
but I dunno anyones
MSI Afterburner. It does:

- GPU info overlay in games
- Video recording and encoding on the fly in games
- Screenshots in games
- Clock-speed and voltage modifiers (aka, overclock/underclock/overvolt/undervolt/etc)

This youtube video I uploaded happened to have the GPU display recorded as well, just incase your curious as to what the GPU info looks like.
Topic Starter
My1_old
OK I checled and it was always 0%
(maybe osu wants my cpu more XD )
BUT when I switched from osu cot the version of my skin running on that PC was old and the suddenly I got the Dead Screen of Blueness
peppy
It really sounds like broken drivers or hardware still.
[-Shadowa-]
try to google your eror code and if you find something, do it. If you did this before uninstall your windows and install it again. It may help you. Actually the blue screen think happend to me many times. When I uninstall and install again my Windows, it solved.

IF IT'S A MAC, DO IT ANYWAY! :D
Topic Starter
My1_old
I have now a new computer and I still have the old one, but I dont have the OS cd...
but however since I have a computer now it is not much of a problem. but once I get an XP CD I will try it...
TheAussie
many people have said that nv4_mini.sys has made them BSOD on forums i have been looking at.

but here is my recommendation do a complete uninstall of your video card drives using a program call driversweaper http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html

after restart. then goto nvidia download the latest driver for your computer and it should be good to go.
Topic Starter
My1_old
thx for info