forum

[resolved] Submitted beatmap gets corrupted (unable to extract)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JustinNF
Problem Details:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/652483 (The Beatmap)
I uploaded a beatmap (which the link is as above), several days ago. I continue to add diffs after managed to map parts based on the parts of the songs. However, after several days, when I asked for testers on parts, the testers mentioned that the beatmap is corrupted and cannot be extracted. I tried to download it too and it gives me an error message of "beatmap corrupted". I have no idea when did it started to occur.

The only thing I know about the beatmap is when I tried to upload it 2 days ago (14 Aug 2017) it stuck at 11% and couldn't move further, even after 30 minutes. I did try to retry-update several times after that. After several fails attempt, I decided to restart osu! and retry-update. And this time the beatmap is able to update. I am still unsure that the action that I took actually causing the online .osz file to corrupt due to the cancellation.

I did try several ways to solve this problem, like:
- archive all the files (.osu, BG and audio at once), delete the old file, recreate a new folder and extract them into it, then refresh the song lists and upload
- (same as above), but change the name of the folder to the "legal" style <beatmapID><Artist>-<Song Title>
However, those didn't work.

I wish that someone can help me on it.

(Sorry for no screenshot of it ><)

Some download link for the beatmap currently:
https://puu.sh/xbY2S/0b071c9f9b.rar (.rar)
https://puu.sh/xcgrh/26653bc025.zip (.zip)

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Nitrous
Two of the difficulties have the file name as "?arious Artists - BONUS! 2012 LFT MINIMIX (JustinNF)" if you downloaded it online for some reason... Renaming it back to "Various Artists" fixes it. Try fixing it by fixing the file names or your artist field in the song details. If its fine in your end, then it might be the server's end screwing it up for another unknown reason.
Topic Starter
JustinNF

-Nitrous wrote:

Two of the difficulties have the file name as "?arious Artists - BONUS! 2012 LFT MINIMIX (JustinNF)" if you downloaded it online for some reason... Renaming it back to "Various Artists" fixes it. Try fixing it by fixing the file names or your artist field in the song details. If its fine in your end, then it might be the server's end screwing it up for another unknown reason.
Thanks for your help and information. I checked back on the information that you mentioned and everything looks fine (which might be the server error or something goes haywire in the process of submission)

And, about the diffs with the file (I think you meant the .osu file) which have the artist name as "?arious Artist", may I know which diffs have the problem?
I want to try to maybe recreate the diffs (like edit in Notepad) to see if it works. And yea, that would take more map updates for sure.

If that still doesn't work, I might just leave it that way. (And retry to reupload after it goes graveyard)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Please upload the entire beatmap folder (do not export .osz) to puush or s-ul and I will personally download it and take a look, and see if I can't figure out what's wrong.
Topic Starter
JustinNF
Dntm8kmeeatu
I cannot extract .rar files, please provide a .zip (You can do this with Windows if you have a certain "Version" Right Click, Send To, Compressed Folder)
Topic Starter
JustinNF
.zip file of the song added
Dntm8kmeeatu
Please remove the unicode characters in the name of these difficulties;

THOROUGH PIÑATA DICKING AMATEUR XXX - The Quick Brown Fox

GABBERSTÄG - Renard

Also that first one, make sure difficulty names are acceptable for all ages.
Topic Starter
JustinNF
All fixed up, thanks :D