forum

longest time you've taken off osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kai99
longest time you've taken off osu! and how it affected your skills?

for me i've taken two weeks off (for the longest) since december 2016 when i restarted the game. i think i could play 4.5* before the break and i had to go back to 4*. after a longer than usual warmup i was able to play the same level or even higher than where i was before the break.
7ambda
a few months

got better obviously
E m i
longest break: 3 months in 2016
longest semi-break: entire year of 2016 where i played like 1 month of osu in the entire year, a bit spread out but yes

effects:
lost aim to a degree that took 4 months to recover, slightly better now
lost stream skill to a degree that took 6 months to recover, moderately better now
lost singletap skill to a degree that didn't allow recovery yet, still around 20bpm below what i could do in 2015
i now have more acc potential, but also more inconsistent with it

in the end i got better at many other things but that happened later, can't quantify. the lack of singletap used to be so bad that 210bpm was a bit too strenuous, so i learned to full alt for example xd
KupcaH
I've took long break after experimenting with Blitzfrog thread about "change sensitivity and get better zzzz", I've doubled my DPI (dat was terrible mistake), So I've played with 1000 DPI for around week, then decided to go back to 500 DPI. I've became total shit. Was playing casually for two weeks, couldn't FC even 4* maps when I've had 5.5* maps in my top plays. So I rage quit from osu!. Came back after two month. After watching Doomsday stream.

That's the story, and to answer your question:
- Aim, nothing changed to it, since I couldn't aim anything even before break. uwu
- Stamina. I've lost all my stamina, had to play like 2 weeks to recover half of what I've had.
- Single tapping speed, I always get bad at single tapping even after like 2 days break. And after two month I couldn't properly single tap 180 BPM for like month.

Dark days in my osu! career. <.<
Celine
I had plenty of 6 months+ breaks
Lost stamina, and a bit of aim (regained them quite quickly)
abraker
2 Weeks

Played like shit the next 3/4 month after that
Celine
I regained everything I had in 3 days max
🤔
Akanagi

KupcaH wrote:

I've took long break after experimenting with Blitzfrog thread about "change sensitivity and get better zzzz", I've doubled my DPI (dat was terrible mistake), So I've played with 1000 DPI for around week, then decided to go back to 500 DPI. I've became total shit. Was playing casually for two weeks, couldn't FC even 4* maps when I've had 5.5* maps in my top plays. So I rage quit from osu!. Came back after two month. After watching Doomsday stream.

That's the story, and to answer your question:
- Aim, nothing changed to it, since I couldn't aim anything even before break. uwu
- Stamina. I've lost all my stamina, had to play like 2 weeks to recover half of what I've had.
- Single tapping speed, I always get bad at single tapping even after like 2 days break. And after two month I couldn't properly single tap 180 BPM for like month.

Dark days in my osu! career. <.<
Same.
I changed my tablet area two times in the last two months, once because I thought it would be better so jumps wouldn't feel like a physical exercise (full area), and then I forgot to force proportions, so I had to do that two weeks later.

My aim is now beyond trash, and yesterday I spilled milk on my tablet and now it's mouse only again.
So that's my "break".
Celine
Having a tablet seems troublesome af tbh
vinnicci
Celine
Loss of aim and not enough time for mental recovery, maybe? I don't know how to say it in English tbh
Adorn
like 6 months or something idk it was after i first signed up.
Ryoid
3 day and i already exhausted playing 5:08 4 star beatmap
Akanagi

BWSnoob wrote:

It is.
Grip, area, hover vs drag, change nibs when dragging, and finding the right driver and model without input lag + downloading 3rd party software to get rid of further lag + other options.

TL;DR
Avoid tablets
Topic Starter
kai99

Rayne wrote:

BWSnoob wrote:

It is.
Grip, area, hover vs drag, change nibs when dragging, and finding the right driver and model without input lag + downloading 3rd party software to get rid of further lag + other options.

TL;DR
Avoid tablets
no i gained so much pp after swapping to tablet.
mulraf
2-3 years (probably 2)

effects: nearly nothing :o
radda
2 weeks

huge aim and a little bit of acc improvement the day I logged back in. went from 90k - 50k in almost a week and set around 20 top plays in a few hours

I'm kinda burnt out now though
Deva
8 or so months

Only my stamina was affected