forum

[resolved] Stuttering only on the Menu and song selection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IchigoHoshimiya
Problem Details:

I'm really not sure when this started, but I noticed that every few seconds Osu would stutter for half a second before resuming whatever it was doing. This only happens on the main menu and the beatmap selection screen, not ingame.

I've enabled 'reduce dropped frames' and I've tried changing to fullscreen and going to the latest fallback version but it still happens.
I'm currently running an Nvidia GTX760 with the 384.76 drivers and I'm on Windows 10 if that helps.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://puu.sh/x87pH/d9215a5f04.jpg

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Disable any background processes or programs, this includes things like anti-virus and see if the issue persists.
CorruptPhoenix
I have this same issue, It only happens on the main menu/song selection screens. Whenever I am in song the game runs perfectly fine.

Also I only run Steam, Chrome,Discord and my anti-virus in the background and I've had no issues with this before, even with everything besides Osu closed I still get the same stuttering issue.

Specs of Computer in case someone wants to claim I have a potato:

Windows 10 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 GHz
GeForce GTX 960
16GB RAM

Internet Speed at 200 Down/ 20 Up
Topic Starter
IchigoHoshimiya

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Disable any background processes or programs, this includes things like anti-virus and see if the issue persists.
Did this, and it worked fine. Turned programs back on one by one, testing to see if it stuttered again and it turns out Norton is the issue, not sure what part of it is doing it however.
Dntm8kmeeatu

IchigoHoshimiya wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Did this, and it worked fine. Turned programs back on one by one, testing to see if it stuttered again and it turns out Norton is the issue, not sure what part of it is doing it however.
Last time I saw this it was also Norton. You don't see sleep spikes like that normally. Looks like you'll just have to disable it when you want to play.
Faneyl
I have norton too it always did perfectly fine and suddenly it stutters when in song select screen and home menu so whats the exact problem?
Death

Faneyl wrote:

I have norton too it always did perfectly fine and suddenly it stutters when in song select screen and home menu so whats the exact problem?
Scans most likely. Please also try to avoid bumping posts that are this old and marked as resolved.