forum

Feint & Boyinaband - Time Bomb (feat. Veela)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sotarks
First time I see a DQ like this
defiance
mad respect
greenhue
What a decision. I salute you mapper.
Izzywing
galaxy brain: rank both :^)
ZekeyHache
eh o.o
Wishkey
Good luck with mapping the full version! You can always PM me when you're ready :D
TheKingHenry
Well damn son
Cheesecake
proud of u
Shurelia
now this, is interesting.

good luck
MaridiuS
heart too big for this community
LowAccuracySS
woah there
Mordred
best dq I've ever seen, unironically

good luck with your plan!
Topic Starter
Frostium
that's a lot of replies and BNs

well the map is complete now

i think this is the first time a map has been dq'd because of this. reason why I dq'd it is because i watched rafis's stream, and when he played this map i felt really bad because people (including him) weren't happy at all about the fact it was cut (especially since its pretty iconic). i really didn't want to rank a map with an overall opinion like that.

maybe it was a stupid thing to do and i was just too influenced by emotions, but i think everyone can agree it's for the better if i mapped the full version. luckily it's only 1 minute more.

judging by the replies it seems like most people like the fact i dq'd because of this and im glad. i thought you would all find it pretty dumb but im happy you guys support this decision.

thanks to all modders, really really really big thanks to Wishkey for his continued interest, and also thanks to -Mo- for his interest in nominating too.

for Namki, i'm not sure about how you feel about this situation (i told you about it but you just said "uh"), but i just wanna let you know im very sorry about this. i don't think this will ever happen again and i hope we can just forget this lol.

hopefully i can rank this soon. once again, thanks everyone for your support
_orange
great job <3 <3
Xayler
Epic decision, will be awesome to play this in full.
intiaz
This'll be awesome for a full version! Good decision :D
_orange
im back

[General]

02:32:397 - i'd prefer if you ended the kiai here bc thats when the beat stops

[Easy]

fix snapping lol
01:58:453 (2,3) - i dont like how the first slider perfectly leads in to the next. imo it'd be better if this 01:59:482 (3) - was a straight slider or something like that

[Hard]

00:43:197 (2,1) - 01:49:026 (2,1) - one of them has a stack and the other doesnt, also this 00:43:369 (1) - is too short

[Insane]

02:11:826 - this section uses a lot of these https://puu.sh/AsqAw/ec3e9da379.png stacks while this section 01:05:997 - uses normal stacks. im not sure if its intended

[Time Freeze]

00:39:940 (1,2,3,4,5) - looks really awkward, i like this better 01:45:769 (1,2,3,4,5) -
01:41:483 (6,1,2) - this plays weird because of the wide angle and anti jump

that's all, didn't find much but i hope i was helpful, gl again
Topic Starter
Frostium

_orange wrote:

im back

[General]

02:32:397 - i'd prefer if you ended the kiai here bc thats when the beat stops Changed.

[Easy]

fix snapping lol Fixed, I don't know what happened...
01:58:453 (2,3) - i dont like how the first slider perfectly leads in to the next. imo it'd be better if this 01:59:482 (3) - was a straight slider or something like that Okay.

[Hard]

00:43:197 (2,1) - 01:49:026 (2,1) - one of them has a stack and the other doesnt, also this 00:43:369 (1) - is too short Fixed both.

[Insane]

02:11:826 - this section uses a lot of these https://puu.sh/AsqAw/ec3e9da379.png stacks while this section 01:05:997 - uses normal stacks. im not sure if its intended Intended, if this becomes a problem I'll just make everything the same.

[Time Freeze]

00:39:940 (1,2,3,4,5) - looks really awkward, i like this better 01:45:769 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't see any problem here :/
01:41:483 (6,1,2) - this plays weird because of the wide angle and anti jump Changed.

that's all, didn't find much but i hope i was helpful, gl again
thanks
-Mo-
Sorry for late

General
- Would suggest a different combo colour to your white, since although white is present in the background, it seems out of place compared to yellow and orange which are more vibrant colours.
- I'd consider removing the kiai time from 00:44:054 and 01:49:883 since otherwise around 66% of your map is kiai time which makes it not very special.
- You can remove '&' from tags since it's in the artist already.
- Would do -5 to offset. I think it's slightly late right now.
- Metadata seems to be in check. Seems like the already ranked version is the one that's inaccurate¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Easy
- 00:35:826 (5) - Your NCing seems to have messed up a little past this point. Since you were going for an NC every 2 measures, but this combo is 3 measures which messes up your next few combos.
- 01:21:083 (3) - Seems to be missing hitsounds.
- 01:41:654 (5) - NC thing again.
- 02:09:426 (2) - Would look cool if this was the same shape as 02:08:054 (4) instead, similar to what you did at 01:55:711 (2,4).
- 02:14:569 (1) - Minor thing, would rotate this clockwise a little so the visual flow into 02:15:597 (2) is a little smoother.
- 02:23:140 (2) - Touches the healthbar, if you care about that sort of thing.
- 02:26:911 (3) - Hitsounds again.
- 02:35:826 (4) - Not sure if you were supposed to have a whistle go over the entire slider or not here, but it seems out of place.
- 02:44:569 (1) - 02:45:940 (1) - Feels underwhelming in terms of hitsounding for some reason.
- It also seems a little weird to me that 00:22:111 - 00:44:054 this section is a higher density comapred to 00:44:054 - 01:04:626 even though the latter is a more intense part of the song. I would try to replace 00:24:854 (1,2) these rhythms with 00:35:826 (5) these sorts of 3/2 sliders.

Normal
- 00:23:483 (1) - 00:31:711 (1) - 00:37:197 (1) - Would remove these NCs if you want to go with the "NC every 2 measures" pattern.
- I would actually look through your NCing again in general actually, since it seems you switch between 1 measure and 2 measure patterning every so often within sections.
- 02:35:826 (1) - Slider whistle thing again.
- 02:47:312 (3) - Fairly significant healthbar overlap, if you care about that.

Hard
- 01:00:854 (2) - This slider shape seems a little out of place since you don't seem to use something like this anywhere else.

Hyper and Insane
- are good.

Time Freeze
- 01:02:654 (3,4) - Stack seems to have messed up a bit.

Upper diffs are actually pretty clean. Nice job.
Topic Starter
Frostium

-Mo- wrote:

Sorry for late Time flies, it's fine.

General
- Would suggest a different combo colour to your white, since although white is present in the background, it seems out of place compared to yellow and orange which are more vibrant colours. Red-orange.
- I'd consider removing the kiai time from 00:44:054 and 01:49:883 since otherwise around 66% of your map is kiai time which makes it not very special. That's true, but right now the kiai does emphasize the strongest parts of the song.
- You can remove '&' from tags since it's in the artist already. Removed and added two more DnB abbreviations lol
- Would do -5 to offset. I think it's slightly late right now. Knew something was wrong with my friend's suggestion.
- Metadata seems to be in check. Seems like the already ranked version is the one that's inaccurate¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Easy
- 00:35:826 (5) - Your NCing seems to have messed up a little past this point. Since you were going for an NC every 2 measures, but this combo is 3 measures which messes up your next few combos. This is intended, the way I view the song is that this vocal fits together with 00:33:083 (1,2,3,4) - so I'm keeping the NC.
- 01:21:083 (3) - Seems to be missing hitsounds. I wanted to capture the extended vocal but I'll split it into two sliders.
- 01:41:654 (5) - NC thing again. Intended.
- 02:09:426 (2) - Would look cool if this was the same shape as 02:08:054 (4) instead, similar to what you did at 01:55:711 (2,4). Yeah.
- 02:14:569 (1) - Minor thing, would rotate this clockwise a little so the visual flow into 02:15:597 (2) is a little smoother. Yeah, looks better that way.
- 02:23:140 (2) - Touches the healthbar, if you care about that sort of thing. Fixed.
- 02:26:911 (3) - Hitsounds again. Fixed.
- 02:35:826 (4) - Not sure if you were supposed to have a whistle go over the entire slider or not here, but it seems out of place. It was intended, but perhaps it's just too jarring.
- 02:44:569 (1) - 02:45:940 (1) - Feels underwhelming in terms of hitsounding for some reason. Yeah I know, the vocals don't align with the drums but I still want to continue mapping vocals.
- It also seems a little weird to me that 00:22:111 - 00:44:054 this section is a higher density comapred to 00:44:054 - 01:04:626 even though the latter is a more intense part of the song. I would try to replace 00:24:854 (1,2) these rhythms with 00:35:826 (5) these sorts of 3/2 sliders. Fixed.

Normal
- 00:23:483 (1) - 00:31:711 (1) - 00:37:197 (1) - Would remove these NCs if you want to go with the "NC every 2 measures" pattern. Not going to remove 00:31:711 (1) because the singer raises their voice here, but I changed the rest.
- I would actually look through your NCing again in general actually, since it seems you switch between 1 measure and 2 measure patterning every so often within sections. Yup they were pretty inconsistent, fixed all of them. Let me know if you catch anything else.
- 02:35:826 (1) - Slider whistle thing again. Removed.
- 02:47:312 (3) - Fairly significant healthbar overlap, if you care about that. I don't think objects touching the HP bar is too bad, if I can fix it I will. However, I don't know where to place this.

Hard
- 01:00:854 (2) - This slider shape seems a little out of place since you don't seem to use something like this anywhere else. Changed

Hyper and Insane
- are good. Nice.

Time Freeze
- 01:02:654 (3,4) - Stack seems to have messed up a bit. How do you catch stuff like this? Fixed.

Upper diffs are actually pretty clean. Nice job.
Thanks.
-Mo-
Normal: 02:53:821 (1) - 02:55:193 (1) - Would probably remove these NCs since it does get a little spammy at the end.

Also I understand adding kiai to the strongest parts of the song, though the general tone of the song is pretty strong already, and as a result you're highlighting well over 2/3s of the mapped section with kiai. Using it for such a large portion of the map kinda ruins the effectiveness of kiai time, so I would really recommend using it only for the vocals section.
Wishkey
Yow o/ late aswell as usual

Applies to all diffs, time stamp on easy diffs

01:04:621 (1,1) - section vs 02:10:449 (1,1) - section, same hs and volume settings would be nice here since they're identical in the music i.e. only easy diff got a finish 02:10:449 (1) - , some inconsistent whistles on the higher diffs between these parts, drop volume to 40% on the second part,...

About the kiai thingy, some mappers choose to not use kiai at all even though the song has clear high points like this recently ranked map for example https://osu.ppy.sh/s/780885, so this is a bit the other end of the spectrum to me. Not that much of problem with how its used for this song imo but will leave it to you guys to discuss it. Call me back whenever you're ready!
Topic Starter
Frostium

-Mo- wrote:

Normal: 02:53:821 (1) - 02:55:193 (1) - Would probably remove these NCs since it does get a little spammy at the end. Wanna emphasize drums.

Also I understand adding kiai to the strongest parts of the song, though the general tone of the song is pretty strong already, and as a result you're highlighting well over 2/3s of the mapped section with kiai. Using it for such a large portion of the map kinda ruins the effectiveness of kiai time, so I would really recommend using it only for the vocals section. Kiai flash.

Wishkey wrote:

Yow o/ late aswell as usual

Applies to all diffs, time stamp on easy diffs

01:04:621 (1,1) - section vs 02:10:449 (1,1) - section, same hs and volume settings would be nice here since they're identical in the music i.e. only easy diff got a finish 02:10:449 (1) - , some inconsistent whistles on the higher diffs between these parts, drop volume to 40% on the second part,... Fixed.

About the kiai thingy, some mappers choose to not use kiai at all even though the song has clear high points like this recently ranked map for example https://osu.ppy.sh/s/780885, so this is a bit the other end of the spectrum to me. Not that much of problem with how its used for this song imo but will leave it to you guys to discuss it. Call me back whenever you're ready!
ok everything should be fine
Wishkey
Marathon extension coming soon
-Mo-
osu! needs more full version songs, or something.
Trynna
glad to see you back
MaridiuS
Hello there, few concerns.

[General]

1. Consider doing a -5 to -10 offset, it plays better to me and few more people that i've asked (specially 10)
[Normal]

1. 01:07:192 (4,5) - This one is problematic, the reverse arrow is closer to the sliderend than the head is, and new players often assume that reverse arrow is clickable. We make it not confusing by simply making the sliderhead being closer to the previous object than the reverse arrow. I have watched a few C plays on the map and few of them completely got lost while the others aimed at the slidertail straight but hit sliderhead due to them overlapping. Generally it's confusing and should be avoided at normal and easy difficulties. 01:18:164 (4,5) - Same.
  2. 01:05:992 - Quite minor but in this section sometimes the DS ends up being 1.00x or something, on that spacing the circles get overlapped not just the frames, if you're up to it you can polish it but it isn't mandatory at all.
[Easy]

1. 01:09:764 (2,3) - In easies you should avoid such triangles because players judge by spacing not approach circles, many of players first time playing the game can confuse what should be clicked first here.
  2. 00:33:078 (1,2,3) - Although a cool pattern, new players don't know if they should ignore the reverse arrow or takes them a lot of attention to realize it. The casually player won't focus here at all and would most likely be clicking on reverse arrows. Can easily be fixed with https://i.imgur.com/dhuThjE.jpg and not cause confusion at all.
Topic Starter
Frostium

MaridiuS wrote:

Hello there, few concerns.

[General]

1. Consider doing a -5 to -10 offset, it plays better to me and few more people that i've asked (specially 10) There have been a lot of timing suggestions, you say -10, Mo and Wishkey believe it's fine right now, Namki also though it was okay (I would assume, since he qualified it before with this offset). For me -10 is too much, maybe -5 is alright, but I can't tell the difference. I'll just leave it unchanged lol.

[Normal]

1. 01:07:192 (4,5) - This one is problematic, the reverse arrow is closer to the sliderend than the head is, and new players often assume that reverse arrow is clickable. We make it not confusing by simply making the sliderhead being closer to the previous object than the reverse arrow. I have watched a few C plays on the map and few of them completely got lost while the others aimed at the slidertail straight but hit sliderhead due to them overlapping. Generally it's confusing and should be avoided at normal and easy difficulties. 01:18:164 (4,5) - Same. Alright, if this ever gets dq'd I will change this, but I still think it's pretty straightforward. A few things: First, I believe it's okay because it's a bit of a higher level Normal. You can see this because of the SR and spacing, and 1/2 appears quite often. With all this in mind, I think a bit of reading should be fine here. There is an easier diff after all. Second, you should not be using C plays for your judgement, because those players are obviously pretty inexperienced. It would be better if you looked at a replay that was an A or B made by a Normal player, especially since this is a higher end Normal. Third, it fits with the flow - it's kinda weird to go down so sharply where the reverse arrow is. I doubt high end Normal players would be confused here, they would be able to instantly tell the difference from a circle and arrow.
  2. 01:05:992 - Quite minor but in this section sometimes the DS ends up being 1.00x or something, on that spacing the circles get overlapped not just the frames, if you're up to it you can polish it but it isn't mandatory at all. No need to, I'll change if DQ.
[Easy]

1. 01:09:764 (2,3) - In easies you should avoid such triangles because players judge by spacing not approach circles, many of players first time playing the game can confuse what should be clicked first here. The AR is quite high here (AR 4), players can easily see that (2) comes in first so this will stay unchanged.
  2. 00:33:078 (1,2,3) - Although a cool pattern, new players don't know if they should ignore the reverse arrow or takes them a lot of attention to realize it. The casually player won't focus here at all and would most likely be clicking on reverse arrows. Can easily be fixed with https://i.imgur.com/dhuThjE.jpg and not cause confusion at all. High AR + (1,2) give an upward movement, so this should be expected so I think it's okay right now.
I appreciate your concerns and I'll keep them in mind for the future, but I think the map is fine as it is. Feel free to reply and I may reconsider.