show more
fieryrage
well that lasted about an hour
Weber
YEET
mancuso_JM_

Sinnoh wrote:

can we stop putting furry bgs on harumachi clover

I haven't seen it discussed anywhere, I don't think it's appropriate to have a completely unrelated niche slapped on the set for the sake of your personal tastes.
Yeah.. nobody wanted to discuss about it with you :facepalm:, I'm just kidding :P

I've seen a lot of random things in this game lately, at least I don't find this as random as other things in this game, I thought we could finally get it qualified with this BG, some people like it but yeah, some other will say it's just random.
Do whatever you want ezek, and contact me. Discuss with Sinnoh if you want, it looks like they want to know more about your bg usage (in case you want to use something "random" again). I'll be back afterwards.
Nao Tomori
L

agree with sinnoh tho - _ -

just photoshop fox ears onto the chicks in the bg ez pz
fieryrage

Nao Tomori wrote:

L

agree with sinnoh tho - _ -

just photoshop fox ears onto the chicks in the bg ez pz
i already told him he should just photoshop the anime girls onto the foxes, honestly a better solution
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
Well, I had already explained my reasoning in page 6, so I don't really think you took the time to read everything as you claim by saying "
I haven't seen it discussed anywhere", and I obviously talked about it with mancuso lol.

Anyway, I know I'm not changing your mind so I just got rid of the bg instead of adding more charcoal to the furnace. At least you weren't trying to ruin my map like someone else.
Xinnoh
feel free to rebub then
_handholding

ezek wrote:

At least you weren't trying to ruin my map like someone else.
Who is this someone else? thinking emoji
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache

Kisses wrote:

ezek wrote:

At least you weren't trying to ruin my map like someone else.
Who is this someone else? thinking emoji
That's for you to research (it's actually pretty easy to find), I'm not gonna be explicit :eyes:
mancuso_JM_
Back!
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
propiedad de bengue
Gero
Monas chinas.
Kuron-kun
I honestly see no problem with that bg... lol.

BGs aren't always meant to fit to the source but to the song itself, and, like, only 5% of the songs that aren't anime actually have something that fits to the lyric or theme, otherwise is just a random anime girl.

The best example I can give is nightcore songs having a background with a sunny beach and some girls playing and having fun while the song talks about a tragic love. But that's likely to be accepted just because nightcore fits to anime girls having fun in a beach.

The furry bg didn't fit for the source, of course, but I see it fitting to the song's theme (which is clearly something happy and fun) and having little kids playing and smiling kinda seem to be fitting.

Anyway, just my thoughts about it.
Kuron-kun
ok

cs has been discussed, things in fiery's diff have been properly replied and some things were fixed.

should be good to go now!
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
sankyuu <3
Gordon123
oh lol gg
Irreversible
How to get something ranked in 2018:

1) Map something
2) Get discussion on it, actually find out it's inappropriate for the ranked section
3) Drop it, because hell you're not going to deal with valid points
4) Get it back on track 3-4 months later
5) Qualified!

edit: i don't need to be sent to comment lol
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
Ok, seems you want a reply.

I didn't drop the map to avoid "valid" points, I dropped the map because the situation was getting tense and I could just see how the views in the thread increased by people just looking at the thread as it was some kind of show, and I also was feeling insecure because of the QATs false accusation. I replied to all of the points that your friend pointed out and I gave my reasoning of why they were mapped the way they are, nothing was avoided. I never found my map as "inappropriate for the ranked section" as you claim. Just because a map is not done or doesn't follow the music the same way as most of the maps doesn't make it unrankable or inappropriate. You should know this better than me since you are an experienced member of the QAT, but well, seems you're not good at reacting to maps you don't like, which costed you something.

After the break, I just didn't call mancuso to nominate my map, he was the first showing interest. When he decided to mod my map, he had a talk with Mao after checking my map, so it's not like he gave me the nomination just to cancel any veto. Also, Mao's biggest concern was sharkie's diff, which was removed by sharkie's decision. Perhaps you didn't read everything in the thread (I hope that's the case).

I really don't like getting involved in drama, but if someone attacks me, I guess I have to do something. I'm very tired of posting in this thread, so it would be nice if you only post for good things instead of attacking people.
Mekki
rt on everything ezek said

just stop, gurl. please.
Vivyanne
hey! i got a few questions for the top diff.

00:03:665 (3) - you seem to map just a circle here but when the song repeats at 00:17:186 (3) - but the later one gets all hold emphasis while the first one doesn't. why?
00:04:298 (6) - from what i got you seemed to follow vocal everywhere but here suddenly you map a tail on the vocal to emphasise something else, which seems really inconsistent
00:08:101 (1,2,3,4) - exactly what is being followed in the song? it's not emphasising anything that you mapped to before so the exception feels really random
00:16:340 (8,9,1,4,5,1,4,5,6) - any reason for these triples not to be spaced unlike the rest of the map? the song isn't changing a bit here from what it was in the first half.
00:24:791 (1) - no movement change here? just spacing doesn't make this slider stand out at all

if you wanted variety, it doesn't make sense to force it upon a 30 second map. the gameplay lasts for that short and really doesn't feel repetitive at all when you play through it because the map finishes faster than you blink.
Log Off Now
in addition to the points hakura raised, i have a few extra concerns i have with the top difficulty of the set

00:11:481 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this is a similar comment to what hakura made here 00:08:101 (1,2,3,4) - . the rhythm doesn't really seem to follow anything, but more importantly in my opinion the positioning of the notes don't offer any emphasis either, which is what makes the rhythm feel more bland. for example 00:12:115 (4,5,6) - here there is a clear 3 note pattern in the guitar, but the stacking nor rhythm reflect that

00:12:960 (8,1) - spacing here doesn't match the spacing concept you use previously where in it follows the intensity of the vocals, and considering that this is probably the most vocally intense part of the song, it's a strange choice to stray from that idea imo. feels kinda underwhelming to play compared to the rest of the star pattern after this which is spaced more

00:23:101 (1) - minor thing but if you wanted to you could consider silencing these slider ends, since theres no sounds on these blue ticks

there are also a few missing hitsounds in fiery's diff, e.g 00:20:777 (1,2) - 00:22:467 (6) - appear to be missing claps.
Kuron-kun
hitsounds should be alright, as this is present in every diff and ezek added only claps to the upbeats (correct me if I'm wrong), as for the other points lets wait for ezek's reply~
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
ok I'm gonna pretend you didn't wait for the 7th day on purpose so the map could get dq easier

Hakura wrote:

hey! i got a few questions for the top diff. hi!

00:03:665 (3) - you seem to map just a circle here but when the song repeats at 00:17:186 (3) - but the later one gets all hold emphasis while the first one doesn't. why? even though it's similar in the music, it's not the same word, so I don't see any problem with spicing things up with something different
00:04:298 (6) - from what i got you seemed to follow vocal everywhere but here suddenly you map a tail on the vocal to emphasise something else, which seems really inconsistent For 00:04:298 (6) - I focused on the drum thingy because the holding vocal faded away and the sound at 00:04:298 (6) - seems prevalent to me. The reason why I left the vocal on the tail is to give a better highlight to the drum by leaving that vocal mapped in a passive way. This also helps to create more contrast with the next vocal pattern at 00:04:721 - . I also did it at 00:17:820 (5) - but the difference is that there's 1/4 after it since there are drum sounds, works the same anyway.
00:08:101 (1,2,3,4) - exactly what is being followed in the song? it's not emphasising anything that you mapped to before so the exception feels really random Well, of course it's not emphasizing something that I mapped before because there's no part sounding the same as this one before
00:16:340 (8,9,1,4,5,1,4,5,6) - any reason for these triples not to be spaced unlike the rest of the map? the song isn't changing a bit here from what it was in the first half. There are many triplets and I don't want all of them to be the same
00:24:791 (1) - no movement change here? just spacing doesn't make this slider stand out at all it's good enough imo, it makes a sharp turn aside from having a jump

if you wanted variety, it doesn't make sense to force it upon a 30 second map. the gameplay lasts for that short and really doesn't feel repetitive at all when you play through it because the map finishes faster than you blink. that's up to the mapper, you can make your own harumachi with identical patterns if you want

Log Off Now wrote:

in addition to the points hakura raised, i have a few extra concerns i have with the top difficulty of the set

00:11:481 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this is a similar comment to what hakura made here 00:08:101 (1,2,3,4) - . the rhythm doesn't really seem to follow anything, but more importantly in my opinion the positioning of the notes don't offer any emphasis either, which is what makes the rhythm feel more bland. for example 00:12:115 (4,5,6) - here there is a clear 3 note pattern in the guitar, but the stacking nor rhythm reflect that read below

00:12:960 (8,1) - spacing here doesn't match the spacing concept you use previously where in it follows the intensity of the vocals, and considering that this is probably the most vocally intense part of the song, it's a strange choice to stray from that idea imo. feels kinda underwhelming to play compared to the rest of the star pattern after this which is spaced more This is a reply for both points. As you can hear, there's an extended vocal in the pattern, so without the beginning of a vocal, I preferred to focus on the background music by making it into simple 1/2 stacks and leaving intenser parts for vocals. As you can see, 00:12:749 (7) - here is where vocals begin, so there's a bigger jump than from the rest of the pattern, but since there are vocals I also decided to not make it a stack. I see you're concerned about the jumps between these notes not being as big as the star pattern, but the reason why they're this way, is because starting from 00:13:172 - here, the strong instrumental part is supporting the vocals as well, so it makes sense to use a bigger spacing here and leave 00:12:749 (7,8) - with less spacing to generate more contrast.

00:23:101 (1) - minor thing but if you wanted to you could consider silencing these slider ends, since theres no sounds on these blue ticks well, I find this a good suggestion but I don't think it's worth the dq just for this xp
and no... there are no missing hitsounds on fiery's diff, it's like that on every diff as Kuron said

Thanks for passing by~
Monstrata
Grats on requalification ^^
Aurele
why y’all scared of dqs
Monstrata
I'm more scared of Gabe's profile pic
diraimur

Gabe wrote:

why y’all scared of dqs
when a set gets dq'd, it can never be qualified again. it has never been done before. /s

anyway gz on rank lo
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
Thanks for the support, I can rest in hell now~
Mekki

Monstrata wrote:

I'm more scared of Gabe's profile pic
Miss Cracker, Guuurl