forum

T-Pistonz+KMC - Katte Nakou ze! (jubeat edit)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, March 19, 2012 at 11:48:50

Artist: T-Pistonz+KMC
Title: Katte Nakou ze! (jubeat edit)
Source: jubeat knit / Inazuma Eleven
Tags: Bemani Inazuma Eleven Level-5 anime game soccer football
BPM: 136.14
Filesize: 5815kb
Play Time: 01:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (3.36 stars, 177 notes)
  2. Basic (1.76 stars, 114 notes)
  3. Extreme (4.84 stars, 262 notes)
  4. Taiko Muzukashii (4.72 stars, 354 notes)
Download: T-Pistonz+KMC - Katte Nakou ze! (jubeat edit)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This version of the song is from jubeat knit; it's a different edit of the 4th opening theme from Inazuma Eleven. Specifically, it has a different intro and a longer outro, and it's about 20 seconds longer total than the anime version.

I threw in a couple shout-outs in the beatmaps:
(Spoilerboxed in case people want to try and find them by themselves.)
SPOILER
0:31:309~0:36:156 (Advanced only) - A yellow and orange Inazuma mark (lightning bolt) made of circles.
0:44:089~0:45:411 - "LV" (for "level") spelled out with sliders to go along with the lyrics ("zenin tsugi no LEVEL e"). Also a shout-out to the Extreme-difficulty notechart in jubeat, which also has an "LV" here.
0:50:919~0:52:462 (Advanced and Extreme) - A yellow Inazuma mark slider.
1:08:317~1:10:310 (Extreme only) - Another yellow Inazuma mark made of circles, this time with the hexagonal border as well.
1:21:107~1:39:836 - Advanced and Extreme have sliders in the shape of a "Y" whenever the lyrics go "Yeah! Yeah!" Basic has a series of beats that form a "Y" in most of these spots as well. This is another reference to jubeat's Extreme notechart, which has two "Y"-shaped chords with each "Yeah! Yeah!"
1:42:260~1:44:683 - Blue beats going downwards, then a slider "V". The lyrics are "namida no V sign"; "namida" means "tears", hence the blue beats "dripping" downwards, and the "V sign" should be self-explanatory.
1:51:073~1:53:057 - 2 normal whistles then a long one, the referee's full time signal in soccer. On Extreme, the sliders also form a hand doing the "V" victory sign.
This is my first attempt at making a beatmap; I'll appreciate any mods and constructive criticism, and I'd be honored if anybody wants to do a guest diff.

2011/10/02 - Major revamp. Thanks OzzyOzrock!
2011/10/04 - A whole bunch of tweaks. Thanks Neptunus!
2011/10/09 - Several new skin elements. Thanks to K o g u r e for permission to use his skin from Tsunagari Yo!
2011/11/06 - Finally got the timing correct! More tweaks, too. Thanks a million to Tatsuo!
2011/11/09 - New version of the soccer ball slider. (For the old one, see Tsunagari Yo)
2011/11/15 - Added a Taiko diff. Thanks to Azure_Kyte for checking it!
Additional thanks to everyone else who modded/helped in any way.
OzzyOzrock
I'll make the taiko, but I'm modding this as well.
[General]
Try to make the BG a 3:4 aspect. This looks nicer than having those black borders.
- This will unfortunately stretch the BG to no end, so find a better BG.

Also, BPM seems off at parts orz
[Basic]
Pretty boring easy lol, especially with the somewhat ugly sliders.
Refer to this if you haven't: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37194

01:05:682 (1,2,3,1) - No spacing increases on an Easy lol. Could blow their faces up.
01:19:344 - The End - You don't use any sliders for this whole part, that's a bad thing.

All I can really say is to make this look nicer. Try using a larger grid size so that circles don't vary in distance and stuff. Try not to use many boxy patterns, but instead use awesome sliders so there's a nice look of flow in the map. And don't map to vocals too much on Easy lol.

BUT, there's nothing WRONG with an ugly map, it's just ugly. Which is... bad.
[Advanced]
Pretty much the same as above. I found the problem though, slider speed.

At the BPM of this song, I'd recommend a slider speed like 1.50, not 1.00. That's more something for an Easy diff, not a Hard/Normal or whatever this may be, lol. But yes, I'd recommend re-mapping this with a faster speed.

Then it'll look nice yadda yadda and boom magic.
[Extra]
What the hell?
WHAT THE HELL!?

You kept using 1.00... for the EXTRA? Use at least 2.00. AT LEAST.
And because you'll be using 2.00, don't use those x2 sections.

But yes, fix up those common new mapper mistakes and this should be moddable. Good luck.
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Thanks for the mod!

OzzyOzrock wrote:

SPOILER
I'll make the taiko, but I'm modding this as well. Yup, that's what I was hoping for.
[General]
Try to make the BG a 3:4 aspect. This looks nicer than having those black borders.
- This will unfortunately stretch the BG to no end, so find a better BG.
Done.

Also, BPM seems off at parts orz
[Basic]
Pretty boring easy lol, especially with the somewhat ugly sliders.
Refer to this if you haven't: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37194

01:05:682 (1,2,3,1) - No spacing increases on an Easy lol. Could blow their faces up. Fixed.
01:19:344 - The End - You don't use any sliders for this whole part, that's a bad thing. More sliders added here.

All I can really say is to make this look nicer. Try using a larger grid size so that circles don't vary in distance and stuff. Try not to use many boxy patterns, but instead use awesome sliders so there's a nice look of flow in the map. And don't map to vocals too much on Easy lol. Done, I went through the entire map and tweaked everything to be curvier, less boxy, and hopefully not so ugly.

BUT, there's nothing WRONG with an ugly map, it's just ugly. Which is... bad.
[Advanced]
Pretty much the same as above. I found the problem though, slider speed.

At the BPM of this song, I'd recommend a slider speed like 1.50, not 1.00. That's more something for an Easy diff, not a Hard/Normal or whatever this may be, lol. But yes, I'd recommend re-mapping this with a faster speed. Done; I simply changed the x1 sections to x1.5 and remapped them.

Then it'll look nice yadda yadda and boom magic.
[Extra]
What the hell?
WHAT THE HELL!?

You kept using 1.00... for the EXTRA? Use at least 2.00. AT LEAST.
And because you'll be using 2.00, don't use those x2 sections. Done, everything's 2.00 now.

But yes, fix up those common new mapper mistakes and this should be moddable. Good luck. Moddable? Do you mean rankable? Or was it actually too crappy to even mod?
Neptunus
Basic:
00:55:106 (2,3,4,1) - these four notes are not well distance snapped
01:19:344 (1) - good inspiration but this may be too hard to read for a Basic diff since most of the player would be beginners. Overlapped is hard for them

Advanced:
00:56:428 (1) - I dont think this note is acceptable for a ranked map, please asked BATs about this
00:56:428 (1) - it is not suggested that you use double timing in a [NORMAL] diff

Extreme:
00:22:715 (6,7) - oh oh~spacing problem again
01:12:513 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - also these
01:04:140 (9) - should newcombo here, although it was like "全部.....なになになに。。。。(わかな。。。)"but according to the rhythm pattern ,you should newcombo here

Good luck on ranking , awesome mapset~ ;)
頑張ります~
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE

Neptunus wrote:

SPOILER
Basic:
00:55:106 (2,3,4,1) - these four notes are not well distance snapped Fixed.
01:19:344 (1) - good inspiration but this may be too hard to read for a Basic diff since most of the player would be beginners. Overlapped is hard for them OK, changed it.

Advanced:
00:56:428 (1) - I dont think this note is acceptable for a ranked map, please asked BATs about this I was a bit worried about this one too. Changed it just to be safe.
00:56:428 (1) - it is not suggested that you use double timing in a [NORMAL] diff This is meant to be a Hard diff, actually.

Extreme:
00:22:715 (6,7) - oh oh~spacing problem again Fixed.
01:12:513 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - also these Fixed.
01:04:140 (9) - should newcombo here, although it was like "全部.....なになになに。。。。(わかな。。。)"but according to the rhythm pattern ,you should newcombo here I added the new combo there, although this made for two unusually short combos, so I removed the new combo at 01:06:123 (6) to compensate.

Good luck on ranking , awesome mapset~ ;)
頑張ります~
Thank you!
ありがとうございます~
Thanks for the mod!

By the way, nobody's given me any comments regarding my question about possibly using the anime version. Any opinions? Please? (I'm currently leaning towards making a second map after this one gets ranked.)
Neptunus
Well you may download the anime verson on youtube and convert it to :
1. a video clip without sound
2. a mp3
since the resourse is the same video from youtube you have downloaded, length should be the same.
But note that you may also have to adjust the video offset

If you do this , you will supposed to change the map's name to T-Pistonz+KMC - Katte Nakou ze! (TV size)

I saw the video in youtube, I noticed it had subtitles, I am not sure if a video with subtitles is rankable

But chaging MP3 is not fun, you will have to adjust offset, resnap all notes and do video offset to keep it in line with the MP3
And a full-submition after modifications.
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
I actually have an MP3 of the anime version already, and a version of that YouTube video converted with the sound removed, plus some notes on how I'd modify the beatmap, too. I'm also pretty sure it'd be rankable with a video that has subtitles, since I've seen other videos with them on ranked beatmaps.

I'm asking whether or not the beatmap would be better/more fun if it were 30 seconds shorter and had a video. Or if I should get this ranked with the current MP3, then make a second beatmap with the anime version.
Selee
Try offset 55 instead.
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Tried 55, and it still feels a tiny bit off at some sections, just in different sections than before. (i.e. Sections that were previously a little off are fine at 55, but sections that felt right before become a little off.) I think I'm going to need multiple timing points. Or maybe adjust the BPM. Or perhaps I need to re-sync my universal offset.
Kawayi Rika
hi ~ PoochyEXE :)

my some tips.

[General]

read-in time it's too long, 2 seconds OK.
You should have a complete set of Skin.
change BG Size 800*600 or 1024*768 plz.

[Extreme]

CZ+1
00:10:155 (6) - too Noisy,only finish plz.
00:58:411 (4) - add NC.
01:06:123 (6) - ^
01:08:988 (4) - ^
01:12:513 (4) - ^

[Advanced]

AR+1
This difficulty is very noisy,Delete redundant finish,clap.
00:33:953 (7) - add NC.
00:49:377 (5) - ^

[Basic]

00:55:106 (2,3,4) - Distance error.

good luck~ ;)
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Thanks!

Kawayi Rika wrote:

SPOILER
hi ~ PoochyEXE :)

my some tips.

[General]

read-in time it's too long, 2 seconds OK. Changed to 2 seconds.
You should have a complete set of Skin. The skin is still a WIP, I do plan on having a more complete one before it gets ranked.
change BG Size 800*600 or 1024*768 plz. Done.

[Extreme]

CZ+1 Done.
00:10:155 (6) - too Noisy,only finish plz. OK.
00:58:411 (4) - add NC. I disagree with these; I think having an NC every measure is too frequent for this section.
01:06:123 (6) - ^
01:08:988 (4) - ^
01:12:513 (4) - ^

[Advanced]

AR+1 Done.
This difficulty is very noisy,Delete redundant finish,clap. Took out a whole bunch of them. Not sure if I caught them all, though.
00:33:953 (7) - add NC. I disagree with this one. This would be a NC right smack in the middle of a phrase in the lyrics, the music doesn't have anything to suggest an NC as far as I can tell, and it'd be in the middle of a circle pattern (the lightning bolt). An NC here just wouldn't make any sense to me any way I look at it.
00:49:377 (5) - ^ Done. This one I agree with.

[Basic]

00:55:106 (2,3,4) - Distance error. Fixed, hopefully. If not, someone PLEASE give me exact (x, y) coordinate suggestions.

good luck~ ;)Thank you, and thanks for the mod~
f-INVERSE
[Basic]
OHHHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWD IT'S SO SLOW I COULD DIE .
Please, increase the Approach Rate a little faster!
Sounds a little wrong, but maybe I'm hearing things wrong.
The ending is VERY REPETITIVE. Try using Ctrl+H or Ctrl+J to change the beats.

[Advanced]
Use 1/4 beat snap divisor instead of 1/2 for a harder difficulty. Some parts sound really wrong. My opinion.
00:45:884 - Your loop is WRONG. Look at spoiler for guide. Your points must be symmetrical. Use Ctrl+H to check for this, ALWAYS.
SPOILER

RandomJibberish wrote:

Loops

The things to remember when forming loops is that the points go up a lot further than the loop does: The further each point is from the ends, the further away it needs to be from the slider.

The biggest issue I see with people's loops are the hole. You're looking for an open, rounded teardrop shape like the above slider.
If the hole of the loop looks like any of these, your loop isn't as awesome as the above screenshot:

[Extreme]
PLEASE DO NOT USE EXTREMELY SMALL CIRCLES. People on Hard Rock will not be able to even play this. Unless they are divine people.
Please put STACK LENIENCY at Level 4. You can change stack leniency by going to Advanced in the Song Setup. Ditto for all other difficulties.
00:45:843 - Again, this loop is not symmetrical. See spoiler in Advanced difficulty.
The ending is VERY REPETITIVE. Try using Ctrl+H or Ctrl+J to change the beats. I'm really tired of doing Y stuff.

/endmod

Still, thanks for the mod.

f-INVERSE wrote:

SPOILER
[Basic]
OHHHHH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWD IT'S SO SLOW I COULD DIE .
Please, increase the Approach Rate a little faster! OK.
Sounds a little wrong, but maybe I'm hearing things wrong.

[Advanced]
Use 1/4 beat snap divisor instead of 1/2 for a harder difficulty. Some parts sound really wrong. My opinion. There's plenty of stuff snapped to 1/4, the editor just happens to be on 1/2 since my last tweaks were on a section full of 1/2-snapped beats.
00:45:884 - Your loop is WRONG. Look at spoiler for guide. Your points must be symmetrical. Use Ctrl+H to check for this, ALWAYS. I could've sworn I caught this one and fixed it, back when I remapped it in response to OzzyOzrock's suggestions. Must've forgotten to save or something. Thanks for catching it.

[Extreme]
PLEASE DO NOT USE EXTREMELY SMALL CIRCLES. People on Hard Rock will not be able to even play this. Unless they are divine people. Okay, Circle Size - 1.
Please put STACK LENIENCY at Level 4. You can change stack leniency by going to Advanced in the Song Setup. Ditto for all other difficulties. Um, sure, but I don't see where I have any stacked beats that this would affect.
00:45:843 - Again, this loop is not symmetrical. See spoiler in Advanced difficulty. Same comment as for the one on Advanced. Again, thanks for catching it.
The ending is VERY REPETITIVE. Try using Ctrl+H or Ctrl+J to change the beats. I'm really tired of doing Y stuff.

/endmod
Regarding the ending: A lot of it was indeed Ctrl+H'd to begin with. If it's still too repetitive, that was one of the big reasons why I was considering switching to the anime version - it cuts the ending section down by roughly half. So I'll interpret that as one vote in favor of switching to the anime version.
wmfchris
Answering your question:
Each song has its own lovers and they can be as fun as each other. I don't think the majority tends to play one version than another one here, so just make this one on the track, than make another if you like.

[General]
  • Nazi discussion on tags:
    - remove jubeat as it appeared in source.
    - Doubtful on "game" because it's more like the song from animation? Game is something like the OP of a visual novel game, etc
    Countdown set-up should be unique, even you don't start as early as other diffs for [Basic], you should remove the countdown. Of course I'll suggest you to start [Basic] as early as other diffs.
    Offset seems too early.
    I don't see the point to make different combo colour settings for different diffs.
[Extreme]
  • 00:00:460 (1,2) - off vocal significantly. [same as adv.]
    00:17:647 (1) - left 1 grid lv 4
    00:22:935 (7,8) - consecutive claps sounds too loud for me, try to remove the clapping at the middle tick, at least.
    01:06:674 (8) - you can make this slider parallel to last part of next slider (1), then it looks much better.
    01:21:107 (1,2) - avoid this kind of slider. (2) is partially covered by (1) that theoratically this creates difficulty for player to see the coming notes.
    01:24:632 (1,2) - ^
    01:28:148 (1,2) - ^
    01:31:683 (1,2) - ^
    01:35:209 (1,2) - ^ [bored to type this so many times, fixing the coming similar slider patterns]
1) lol not really extreme, looks like a hard. The note density seems fine so you can make it harder through increasing the spacing between each notes. and under such notes arrangment, OD 6, DR 6 may suits the diff well.
2) Try to make more variation between slider and notes, I can see some potential from the current one~
3) regular normal-clap sounds ok, but seems we need some substitution for whistle?

[Advanced]
00:11:918 (3) - up 1 grid
00:22:935 (3,4) - refer to extreme
00:31:309 - all clapping sounds bad. Try clapping on (2,6,10,12) and rephrase the hitsounds till 00:45
^ and the new combo arrangement is messy. Try a new combo per sentence.
00:57:970 (2,3) - spacing
01:06:123 (2) - left+up 1 grid
- I don't prefer change in SV here because I don't see any reason to do this. Also, this diff looks like a normal, the un-noticed SV change can be a trap for them.
- sounding and spacing seems better in [Extreme], please check yourself by AI mod orz. Don't clap too much

[Beginner]
Tick rate 1 is preferred. Other than this it would be ok.

In overall it needs more hitsound mod :/
and try to boost your creativity a bit : D
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Thank you!

wmfchris wrote:

SPOILER
Answering your question:
Each song has its own lovers and they can be as fun as each other. I don't think the majority tends to play one version than another one here, so just make this one on the track, than make another if you like.
Thanks for the input!

[General]
  • Nazi discussion on tags:
    - remove jubeat as it appeared in source. Done.
    - Doubtful on "game" because it's more like the song from animation? Game is something like the OP of a visual novel game, etc Well, Inazuma Eleven is a game that spun off an anime, while this song's from the anime and appeared in jubeat, which is another game. Is this enough to qualify it to be tagged with "game"?
    Countdown set-up should be unique, even you don't start as early as other diffs for [Basic], you should remove the countdown. Of course I'll suggest you to start [Basic] as early as other diffs. Removed the countdown. //TODO: I'll consider starting [Basic] at the same time.
    Offset seems too early. //TODO: This has been bugging me as well, but I can't get it just right. If I fix it so it's perfect at the beginning, the ending goes out of sync. If I fix it so it's perfect throughout the ending, the beginning goes out of sync. If I change the BPM, so that the beginning and end are both in sync, the middle goes out of sync. Argh!
    I don't see the point to make different combo colour settings for different diffs. Whoops, that was an accident. I was experimenting with them in Advanced and forgot to duplicate my settings over to the other diffs. Thanks for catching it, I've fixed it now.
[Extreme]
  • 00:00:460 (1,2) - off vocal significantly. [same as adv.] Are you sure? I could swear it matches the instrumental melody. (And also the rhythm of the jubeat chart, for that matter.)
    00:17:647 (1) - left 1 grid lv 4 Done.
    00:22:935 (7,8) - consecutive claps sounds too loud for me, try to remove the clapping at the middle tick, at least. Done.
    01:06:674 (8) - you can make this slider parallel to last part of next slider (1), then it looks much better. Done.
    01:21:107 (1,2) - avoid this kind of slider. (2) is partially covered by (1) that theoratically this creates difficulty for player to see the coming notes. I nudged these a bit apart, is that better? Or should I have them completely not overlapping at all?
    01:24:632 (1,2) - ^
    01:28:148 (1,2) - ^
    01:31:683 (1,2) - ^
    01:35:209 (1,2) - ^ [bored to type this so many times, fixing the coming similar slider patterns]
1) lol not really extreme, looks like a hard. The note density seems fine so you can make it harder through increasing the spacing between each notes. and under such notes arrangment, OD 6, DR 6 may suits the diff well. Changed to OD6 DR6.
2) Try to make more variation between slider and notes, I can see some potential from the current one~ OK, any suggestions as to how to do this?
3) regular normal-clap sounds ok, but seems we need some substitution for whistle? I'm inclined to agree (in fact, the very first revision of this chart had a bunch more whistles that I quickly took out because of this), but I can't find a better whistle. Find me a better whistle and I'll be very thankful.

[Advanced]
00:11:918 (3) - up 1 grid Done.
00:22:935 (3,4) - refer to extreme Done.
00:31:309 - all clapping sounds bad. Try clapping on (2,6,10,12) and rephrase the hitsounds till 00:45 Done.
^ and the new combo arrangement is messy. Try a new combo per sentence. I'm finally caving on this one. Done.
00:57:970 (2,3) - spacing Fixed, hopefully.
01:06:123 (2) - left+up 1 grid Done.
- I don't prefer change in SV here because I don't see any reason to do this. Also, this diff looks like a normal, the un-noticed SV change can be a trap for them. If more people say the same, I'll change it. The intention was to have the slider velocity increase with Kiai Time, though, and I made sure the first slider after every SV change has at least one tick to make it more noticeable.
- sounding and spacing seems better in [Extreme], please check yourself by AI mod orz. Don't clap too much OK, toned down the claps.

[Beginner]
Tick rate 1 is preferred. Other than this it would be ok. Done.

In overall it needs more hitsound mod :/
and try to boost your creativity a bit : D
wmfchris
One more thing: the PNG-formated BGs are too large. 3 BG adds up to 2.5 MB which is as large as the song. You should save as JPEG to make it smaller.

no kd here
Mategas
BPM/Offset Help
The BPM/Offset it is fine but in some parts seems to be a little bit off

BPM: 136.15
Offset: 20

BPM: 136.99
Offset: 22935

BPM: 136.15
Offset: 31264

BPM: 136.99
Offset: 81.164

BPM: 13.15
Offset: 102.191

It is not perfect but may help.

Try with that.
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
@wmfchris: Done, thanks for the suggestion.

@Mategas: Tried out your offsets, and the first 2/3rds or so was much better but the ending felt way too fast. Taking out the last two timing points and using only the first three you had there helped a lot. Thanks!
Tatsuo
Hai Poochy!
Did a nice long IRC mod with this guy/gal.
Timing has been fixed.
Some note positions and stuff has been pointed out.

Star for you!
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Thank you very much!

IRC logs:
SPOILER
<Tatsuo> : Are you sure of your timing?
<PoochyEXE> : Not entirely.
<PoochyEXE> : I know it's close, but I think it might be just a little off.
<Tatsuo> : Second timing section is off...
<PoochyEXE> : The 136.99BPM one?
<Tatsuo> : Yeah
<Tatsuo> : Third one too, but not by much
<Tatsuo> : On the third section (136.15) try offset 31344
<PoochyEXE> : It was originally a tiny bit too slow before I added the second section, now I think it's too fast.
<Tatsuo> : Third section sounds better
<Tatsuo> : Tell me how it sounds
<Tatsuo> : Don't forget to resnap all notes
<PoochyEXE> : Hm. It sounds better, but now just a tiny bit slow.
<PoochyEXE> : I'm thinking I might need yet another timing section.
<Tatsuo> : Try .14 instead of .15
<PoochyEXE> : Wouldn't that make it even slower?
<Tatsuo> : It sounds better to me
<Tatsuo> : I'm not a timing expert sadly
<Tatsuo> : 01:26:213 - 2,3,4,5
<Tatsuo> : Basic - Sounds so weird cause it's not 1/4 singing, it sounds more 1/3
<PoochyEXE> : I just tried .14 with the old offset, and it sounds a LOT better. Thanks!
<Tatsuo> : No problem!
<Tatsuo> : I think you don't need all those timing sections
<PoochyEXE> : Just .14 all the way through?
<Tatsuo> : I think you only need one offset, with the correct timing and the correct offset, and everything should be good
<PoochyEXE> : That's what I thought at first.
<Tatsuo> : I'm checking it right now, and it sounds okay, I'm adjusting the offset
<PoochyEXE> : Especially since this is a Bemani song, which usually only needs one timing section.
<PoochyEXE> : No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to line up just right all the way through, though.
<PoochyEXE> : If I had the beginning and middle right, the end would be off.
<PoochyEXE> : If I had the middle and end right, the beginning was off.
<PoochyEXE> : If I adjusted the BPM so the beginning and end were perfect, the middle was off.
<Tatsuo> : Save your map
<Tatsuo> : Then try .14 all the way through, with the beginning offset at 36
<Tatsuo> : Then resnap, then tell me how it sounds
<PoochyEXE> : As for 1:26:213, are you sure? I could swear it's 1/2 singing. The Extreme rhythm sounds right on, and the
<PoochyEXE> : Basic rhythm is more or less Extreme with half the notes removed.
<Tatsuo> : Yeah, the timing was messing me up
<Tatsuo> : Sorry
<Tatsuo> : Ignore that
<Tatsuo> : osu! crashed on me
<PoochyEXE> : .14 is a LOT better! Thanks a million!
<Tatsuo> : No problem!
<Tatsuo> : Let me go through your maps to make sure things look good
<PoochyEXE> : By the way, how do I save chat logs in osu?
<Tatsuo> : ./savelog
<PoochyEXE> : ./savelog
<Tatsuo> : Without the dot
<Tatsuo> : lol
<PoochyEXE> : Ah, there. Thanks.
<Tatsuo> : It will be in your osu! directory, in the logs folder
<PoochyEXE> : I'm too used to Linux terminals, where stuff actually does start with ./ XD
<Tatsuo> : xD
<Tatsuo> : I never worked with Linux much, just windows
<Tatsuo> : Most of the stuff I run (game servers) run much better on windows
<Tatsuo> : Well, stablity-wise
<PoochyEXE> : I usually use Windows to run stuff, Linux to program it. XD
<Tatsuo> : Makes sense =P
<Tatsuo> : 00:10:596 - 00:22:935 - This part is iffy to me, since it's all mapping to the vocals, makes it bland in my
<Tatsuo> : opinion (Advanced)
<Tatsuo> : 00:50:874 (4) - Some modders may say this is ugly, because of the overlap, and some will argue that it's hard
<Tatsuo> : to tell where it goes, also due to the overlap
<Tatsuo> : Advanced again
<Tatsuo> : 01:35:164 - (1) - The overlap here makes this look ugly. Maybe move it to the right?
<PoochyEXE> : For 50:874, any idea how to tweak it to avoid overlap?
<Tatsuo> : The last straightaway on the slider, pull it away from the beginning of the slider
<Tatsuo> : I'd say have it line up like this...
<Tatsuo> : http://puu.sh/8f70
<Tatsuo> : I have nothing else to point out in Advanced
<PoochyEXE> : I suppose that removes the overlap, but it doesn't look as similar to a lightning bolt anymore...
<Tatsuo> : True
<Tatsuo> : It's up to you
<Tatsuo> : I was just saying some may point that out
<Tatsuo> : [Extreme] 00:22:935 - Why don't you make this and the next slider a triplet slider?
<Tatsuo> : I mean a triplet stream, not slider
<Tatsuo> : 00:29:285 - This too, why not a stream? It is extreme after all
<Tatsuo> : Oh hmm you have alot of those sliders
<Tatsuo> : I just starred your map, cause I like where this map is going, as soon as the timing has been fixed (which you
<Tatsuo> : are doing)
<PoochyEXE> : Just fixed the timing and did a submit.
<PoochyEXE> : Thanks again!
<Tatsuo> : Awesome
<Tatsuo> : No problem
<Tatsuo> : I hope you get your map ranked!
<PoochyEXE> : Working on your Advanced and Extreme suggestions now.
<PoochyEXE> : Thanks!
<PoochyEXE> : Did you post in the thread? I really think this deserves a kudosu.
<Tatsuo> : Posted in your thread too
<Tatsuo> : Yay
<Tatsuo> : KD
<PoochyEXE> : Fixed Advanced 1:35:164 by flipping it vertically and moving it upwards, so that (3) overlaps with the next
<PoochyEXE> : (1) instead of (6), and (3) should be out of the way by the time (1) appears.
<PoochyEXE> : Not sure how to fix 10:596~22:935 or 50:874 yet, but I'll make a //TODO note of it.
(I'm a guy, by the way. The name came from a dog. XD)
Tatsuo
It doesn't matter how many times I play the secret level on Yoshi's Island, I still think Poochy is indeed stupid x.x
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Heh, I remember thinking "That dog actually IS stupid!" trying to beat that level, too. XD

Although after countless tries, I realized he's actually quite consistent in his actions, even if they're not the smartest actions to take. I ended up learning to predict how he thinks to beat the level. XD
jerry the man
here are a little tip from me

[basic] distance snap are fixed

[advanced] distance snap needs here to 00:57:550 1 slider over lapping 3. 01:05:703 note 1 over lapping slider 1.
01:19:806 over lapp again over slider on 01:21:128 and 01:31:045 to 01:32:367 over lap fix all over lappings

[extreme] distance snap here to
jerry the man
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
As I mentioned on in-game chat: Sorry, but your modified Basic feels rather odd to me. It just doesn't flow well. So I can't give kudosu for that, sorry.
YTYuyu
Yo modding ur map because of ur request :)

Basic:
00:50:939(4) - make the slider like this http://puu.sh/8sL2 because that slider isnt smooth. make u use a 4 point and not a 3 point slider
00:52:922(1) - extend it to the big white tick
00:56:488(1) - ^
01:07:025(1) - ^
01:10:551(1) - ^
01:22:671(2,3,4,5) - this part doesnt follow the vocals at all. so i suggest that u make it like this http://puu.sh/8sLY
01:26:197(2,3,4,5) - ^ same image
01:36:774(2,3,4,5) - ^

Advanced:
00:01:578(1) - make it even by going 1 grid right for the 3rd point
01:29:723(3,4,5,6) - make it like this instead http://puu.sh/8sNq
01:36:774(3,4,5,6) - ^
01:51:098(1) - extend the repeat till 01:51:759

EXTREEME:(Fairly odd parents reference)
00:03:341(7) - NC
00:12:376(5) - ^
00:15:902(6) - ^
00:19:648(6) - ^
00:29:344(8) - ^
00:54:905(3) - ^
00:58:431(4) - ^
01:01:737(4) - ^
01:06:144(6) - ^
01:09:009(4) - ^
01:12:534(4) - ^

this is the best i can do. GL :D
Lucy_Heartfilia_old
volume - 10
Basic
01:45:589~01:51:098 - you should turn off kimi time
basic is very good :)

Advance
00:12:596(?) - add circle
00:16:122(?) - ~
00:19:648(?) - ~
00:31:327~00:36:175 - use distance snap
01:19:366(1) - bad cover
01:22:451(?) - add note
01:25:976(?) - ~
01:29:502(?) - ~
01:36:554(?) - ~

Extreme
use distance snap
00:03:121(6) - too close
00:31:327(1) - ~
00:42:125(1) - bad overlapped

Good luck and happy in "11.11.11" :)
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Thanks for the mods!

Byakugan249 wrote:

SPOILER
Yo modding ur map because of ur request :)

Basic:
00:50:939(4) - make the slider like this http://puu.sh/8sL2 because that slider isnt smooth. make u use a 4 point and not a 3 point slider Done, thank you!
00:52:922(1) - extend it to the big white tick Not so sure about these, since then the end point creates a "thump" sound in a pause in the lyrics/melody.
00:56:488(1) - ^
01:07:025(1) - ^
01:10:551(1) - ^
01:22:671(2,3,4,5) - this part doesnt follow the vocals at all. so i suggest that u make it like this http://puu.sh/8sLY Added the 1-beat slider. //TODO: Not sure about the following half-beat slider on (3) since I'm worried that might be too hard. I'll think about it.
01:26:197(2,3,4,5) - ^ same image
01:36:774(2,3,4,5) - ^

Advanced:
00:01:578(1) - make it even by going 1 grid right for the 3rd point Fixed, thanks.
01:29:723(3,4,5,6) - make it like this instead http://puu.sh/8sNq Thought that might be just a little too hard, so I changed it to be somewhere around halfway between what your image shows and what I had before.
01:36:774(3,4,5,6) - ^
01:51:098(1) - extend the repeat till 01:51:759 Whoops, this originally did end at 1:51:759, it just got messed up when I adjusted the BPM and somehow I failed to catch it. Fixed, thanks for catching it.

EXTREEME:(Fairly odd parents reference)
00:03:341(7) - NC I agree this needed an NC, although I ended up putting the NC at 00:02:680 (4) instead. Thanks for catching it.
00:12:376(5) - ^ These I don't agree with - I don't think 2 measures is too far apart for the NCs here, and to put an NC every measure would result in several NCs in the middle of a word in the lyrics.
00:15:902(6) - ^
00:19:648(6) - ^
00:29:344(8) - ^ I put the NC at 00:28:462 (4) instead.
00:54:905(3) - ^ Same comments as for 00:12:376(5)
00:58:431(4) - ^
01:01:737(4) - ^
01:06:144(6) - ^
01:09:009(4) - ^
01:12:534(4) - ^

this is the best i can do. GL :D

kissfly wrote:

SPOILER
volume - 10 Do you mean reduce the volume on every section by 10%?
Basic
01:45:589~01:51:098 - you should turn off kimi time Problem is, Kiai Time HAS to be consistent across diffs. I either have to leave this as-is or remove the break and map it.
basic is very good :)

Advance
00:12:596(?) - add circle Changed.
00:16:122(?) - ~
00:19:648(?) - ~
00:31:327~00:36:175 - use distance snap This entire section is consistent with itself, it just has smaller spacing than the previous section.
01:19:366(1) - bad cover Tweaked the slider a little for less overlap.
01:22:451(?) - add note I went with something closer to Byakugan249's suggestions here instead, sorry.
01:25:976(?) - ~
01:29:502(?) - ~
01:36:554(?) - ~

Extreme
use distance snap
00:03:121(6) - too close Fixed.
00:31:327(1) - ~
00:42:125(1) - bad overlapped Tweaked the slider a little for less overlap.

Good luck and happy in "11.11.11" :)
mochi
[Basic]
Fix audio lead-in to 2000 to be consistent with other difficulties

01:45:809 - place a spinner that ends at 01:49:335 instead of a break

[Extreme]
I wish you didn't use 0.5x spacing... looks so cramped and messy
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Thanks!

qilliam wrote:

SPOILER
[Basic]
Fix audio lead-in to 2000 to be consistent with other difficulties Done.

01:45:809 - place a spinner that ends at 01:49:335 instead of a break Done. //TODO: I oughta make a soccer ball spinner.

[Extreme]
I wish you didn't use 0.5x spacing... looks so cramped and messy Don't know how I could possibly change this without the risk of introducing a bunch of other errors, though.
L_P
hello¬
your map has nothing unrankable, but i will always say general things to new mapper....
for a first map, this map is pretty good already, if you did this map 2years ago, it will be probably the best map at that time haha.
but now, because of there are so many player and mapper, the quality to get a map ranked has risen, especially when you have no friend a MAT.

to get your map ranked:
1. nowadays....you have to rub MAT's ass to get bubble....thats why i didnt get any
2. or unless you are NatsumeRin or s i r u r u they have awesome map, too good and they are way better than any MAT in the world, then the map can get ranked.
3.be a patient person like The 08 team_Bourdon, he is patient, very patient.

to make better maps:
1. dont always map on vocal. it is a faster way, but not good to be played.
2. make some patterns. NatsumeRin's map suggest good one, such as repeating pentagon/ triangle shape...etc
3. repeat some good rhythm make player feel comfortable to play, and also good to taiko mode too.

if you are not these type of people, try to be one, (i prefer the second one and im making my way)
extreme: way to far to look like an extreme....
the spacing is too small to be an extreme. map too much on vocal
00:06:206 (5) - this skin make repeat sign like john cena "you CANT see me!"
00:13:698 (7,1) - time between them is too long for insane
00:56:448 (1) - baaad shape

advance: change the name to normal
mapped too much on vocal , no complain , nice slider shape~

conclusion: mapped too much on vocal, diff. is too easy......
Shohei Ohtani
Oh no it's this soccer stuff again.

I'd go anal on your hitsounds, but I won't. I am gonna say though that you should probably consider playing your claps on the 2nd and 4th beat of each measure. That's just a general thing, so play with it as you wish~.

Insane:
00:08:189 (5) - Not moe!
00:56:448 (1) - ^
01:05:042 (5) - ^
01:52:419 (3) - Add finish on the end

Advansu~:
00:29:123 (3) - Although the slider looks nice, don't put squiggles unless they fit with the music or something.
01:52:420 (2) - Same as hard

Basicu~:
00:29:123 (3) - same as advanced~
01:52:420 (2) - Same as advanced

It's pretty solid. I'm not going to give it a star at the moment, but it's pretty cool stuff going on. Just the hitsounds are INCREDIBLY lacking, which makes me a sad panda.
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE

L_P wrote:

SPOILER
extreme: way to far to look like an extreme....
the spacing is too small to be an extreme. map too much on vocal
00:06:206 (5) - this skin make repeat sign like john cena "you CANT see me!" //TODO: Add a custom repeat sign.
00:13:698 (7,1) - time between them is too long for insane Added a circle at 00:14:139
00:56:448 (1) - baaad shape Adding this to my //TODO list. Any suggestions for a fix?

advance: change the name to normal But then it doesn't match up with the jubeat difficulties.
mapped too much on vocal , no complain , nice slider shape~

conclusion: mapped too much on vocal, diff. is too easy......

CDFA wrote:

SPOILER
Oh no it's this soccer stuff again.

I'd go anal on your hitsounds, but I won't. I am gonna say though that you should probably consider playing your claps on the 2nd and 4th beat of each measure. That's just a general thing, so play with it as you wish~. OK, added some claps throughout.

Insane:
00:08:189 (5) - Not moe! Fixed.
00:56:448 (1) - ^ //TODO: Not sure how to fix this one. Suggestions?
01:05:042 (5) - ^ //TODO: Ditto. This one's been bugging me for a while, but I have no idea how to fix it. Tried to improve it a little.
01:52:419 (3) - Add finish on the end Disagree, the music's kinda fading out here already.

Advansu~:
00:29:123 (3) - Although the slider looks nice, don't put squiggles unless they fit with the music or something. The squiggles are meant to coincide with the lyrics. Any suggestions for alternatives?
01:52:420 (2) - Same as hard

Basicu~:
00:29:123 (3) - same as advanced~
01:52:420 (2) - Same as advanced

It's pretty solid. I'm not going to give it a star at the moment, but it's pretty cool stuff going on. Just the hitsounds are INCREDIBLY lacking, which makes me a sad panda.
Thanks for the mods, although I don't think they're enough for kudosu.
dkun
hello there.

modding key
this is something you should fix, or possibly a suggestion
this is something unrankable

General
I found the skin really cute. Haha. :lol:
Overall, I would just like to say great job. :p

Extreme
00:08:189 (5,1) - This is a bit hard to read on first play.
00:22:953 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I would say stack these.
00:36:174 (6,1) - Probably an anti-jump you wouldn't want to keep.
00:37:497 (4,5) - A bit hard to read as well.
00:50:939 (3) - What is this, I don't even. (Totally just joking with you. 8-))
01:13:856 (10) - *personal preference* -> http://puu.sh/bJNh
01:45:809 (1) - Very nice. :p

Advanced
00:29:123 (3) - I haven't seen a slider like this in a long while, good job.
00:54:465 (2,3,4,5,6) - Putting these on red tick sounds very off.
00:57:990 (2,3,4,5,6) - ^
01:08:568 (2,3,4,5,6) - ^
Love the ending sliders, as well!

Basic
01:23:552 (3,4) - Putting these on red threw me off through playthrough.
01:27:078 (3,4) - ^ (pretty sure you get what I mean.)
Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Thanks a million!

dkun wrote:

SPOILER
hello there.

modding key
this is something you should fix, or possibly a suggestion
this is something unrankable

General
I found the skin really cute. Haha. :lol:
Overall, I would just like to say great job. :p Thanks!

Extreme
00:08:189 (5,1) - This is a bit hard to read on first play. Moved (1) so it's not almost entirely under (5).
00:22:953 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I would say stack these. Done.
00:36:174 (6,1) - Probably an anti-jump you wouldn't want to keep. Yup, this was unintentional, thanks for catching it! (How did so many previous modders miss this one?)
00:37:497 (4,5) - A bit hard to read as well. Tweaked this a little. Still the same rhythm, just (hopefully) more readable.
00:50:939 (3) - What is this, I don't even. (Totally just joking with you. 8-))
01:13:856 (10) - *personal preference* -> http://puu.sh/bJNh I think that looks better too, I'll use it.
01:45:809 (1) - Very nice. :p Thank you! (I spent quite some time doing trigonometry to get that just right. :lol: )

Advanced
00:29:123 (3) - I haven't seen a slider like this in a long while, good job. Thanks!
00:54:465 (2,3,4,5,6) - Putting these on red tick sounds very off. Changed these to be on white ticks.
00:57:990 (2,3,4,5,6) - ^
01:08:568 (2,3,4,5,6) - ^
Love the ending sliders, as well! Thank you!

Basic
01:23:552 (3,4) - Putting these on red threw me off through playthrough. Hm. I can see how this could throw people off, but I don't know how to put these on all white ticks and still follow the music. So I'll just stick a //TODO here.
01:27:078 (3,4) - ^ (pretty sure you get what I mean.)
suzutsukikanade
From my modding queue.

Favorite Inazuma Eleven song *--*

[General]
Fine Here.

[Basic]
01:16:942 (1,2): Try this?

[Advanced]
00:11:054 (2): End slider in 00:11:494.
00:16:783: Add a note.
00:36:615 (1): End slider in 00:37:056.
01:26:197 (3): Spacing...
01:36:774 (3): ^

Beautiful sliders here.

[Extreme]

This have many spacing error...use DS 1,0 to fix.
00:33:350 (1,2,3): Like this? but no use this spacing. Is a example what I want you to do here. Just a small suggestion. I think that plays well and sounds good too. Replace the slider by notes.
00:47:193: Add a note here to follow music.
01:00:855 (2): Add whistle in this note.
01:02:838 (6): ^
01:23:111 (4): ^
01:23:552 (6): ^

Topic Starter
PoochyEXE
Thank you!

suzutsukikanade wrote:

SPOILER
From my modding queue.

Favorite Inazuma Eleven song *--* Mine too!

[General]
Fine Here.

[Basic]
01:16:942 (1,2): Try this?//TODO: Maybe.

[Advanced]
00:11:054 (2): End slider in 00:11:494. Nah, ending it on a blue tick was intentional. This way the slider start hitsound, the slider tick in the middle, and the end hitsound all coincide with a note in the melody.
00:16:783: Add a note. Done.
00:36:615 (1): End slider in 00:37:056. Same as 00:11:054 (2).
01:26:197 (3): Spacing... Fixed these, no idea how I never caught this before.
01:36:774 (3): ^

Beautiful sliders here. Thanks!

[Extreme]

This have many spacing error...use DS 1,0 to fix.
00:33:350 (1,2,3): Like this? but no use this spacing. Is a example what I want you to do here. Just a small suggestion. I think that plays well and sounds good too. Replace the slider by notes. //TODO: Looks like a good idea, I'll try it when I have some time.
00:47:193: Add a note here to follow music. Done.
01:00:855 (2): Add whistle in this note. Did the first two, not sure about the last two since they might make the section too noisy. I'll think about it.
01:02:838 (6): ^
01:23:111 (4): ^
01:23:552 (6): ^
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.