I'd also like to point out a few issues in the other diffs that I've looked at:I'll fix the other stuff you linked on ur mod after asking for a dq, will also tell the others to reply aswell.
- 00:02:357 (6,7,1) - Beat-placement here seems mixed up, the strong vocal note at 00:02:524 is also emphasized by your hitsounding but mapped with a slidertail, the same way as the completely irrelevant note at 00:03:190 -, which seems very unstructured, and not emphasizing 00:02:524 in gameplay just feels off in general - If you want to keep (6) as it is I'd suggest this in order to give the tail of (6) some meaning (instead of just being ignored in gameplay bc you're already moving to the next object) and avoiding (7)'s overlap too, or this rhythm which would give more emphasize the beats more clearly too The whole intro is mapped with Distance Snapping, also, I made a break between 00:02:357 (6,7) - to follow the vocals better. 00:02:857 (7) - is different compared to 00:02:357 (6) - that's why I decided to make them separate. It's consistant through the whole intro so I don't think it's a big issue there
Psionic & Kin's Easy
- 00:15:524 (3) - There is no piano sound at the beginning of the slider ye fixed
- 00:22:024 - It might be better to add circle as it is very loud i dont really think it is necessary for an easy diff
- 00:44:357 - This sound should pick up ye fixed
Have there been any mods for the (apparently very new) Psionic & Kin's Easy beside the three points from Yasaija 714 which haven't been responded to yet? Anyways, I have some major concerns about that diff:thanks for mod \o
- Intro section:
- First of all, what is the hitsounding on 00:06:690 (2,3) - 00:17:357 (2,3) supposed to follow? I almost looks like you want to emphasize the vocals here, but that doesn't work since the vocals have been completely ignored in every other aspect everywhere here. Hitsounding should compliment your mapping, so either map something different, or hitsound in a different way. pretty much copy paste from other diff ; gonna fix it to follow my rhythm
- Out of the eight combos in this section, seven combos use the exact same rhythm. That's extremely monotonous and boring to play, and the song has much more to offer than just that. Please try being more creative, maybe by following/including a different layer of the song that does more than just repeating itself (for example vocals). thats called consistency. I don't randomly change my focus. I only change focus if the song clearly change aka the song change part
- The one time you use a different rhythm here, I don't really see why. Neither 00:05:024 nor 00:05:690 seem to land on anything that you're following in your mapping, why are those beats mapped? Easy-diffs don't need to be filled with filler-rhythms, don't be afraid to offer a bit of a "rest" for the player. ye, it's quite inconsistent with the other, anyway fixed
- 00:15:524 - As Yasaija pointed out in their mod, there is nothing at all here in the song. You mapped it differently the first time that occured, why did you just repeat the other monotonous rhythm here? It doesn't fit the music at all
- 00:28:357 (2) - Why is this slider reversed / what is it supposed to follow? I don't hear any special note on the reversed part of the sliderbody or on the tail at 00:29:690 https://puu.sh/zgZ2M/c87527c57f.jpg anyway, changed since its inconsistent with the other
- 00:34:690 (3,4) - Rhythm-wise, these two circles are special as they're completely different to the previous rhythms and object-choices, but the hitsounding doesn't reflect that - Try using a Clap instead of the Whistle on (3) so that these two circles work better together, right now the (3) is hitsounded like an ordinary filler-note and only (4) stands out, but in the map they both stand out, which should ideally be represented in the hitsounding too. as stated hitsound changed
- 00:43:357 (3,1,2) - The rhythmic patterning gets interrupted here, but there isn't really any indication why that happens - 00:44:690 is the first note after this extraordinary big gap between 00:43:357 (3,1) but there is no beat there at all in the song, and there isn't any hitsounding on that note either, so why is it even mapped and emphasized more than anything else because of that special, big gap before it? changed with yasaija's mod ; build up
- In the section from 00:46:024 onwards I have no clue what the rhythms are supposed to follow or represent. Just looking at 00:46:024 (1,2,3) -, this combo does clearly not follow neither piano nor drums since there are more notes of that layer ignored than mapped, and the vocals have strong emphasis on 00:47:357 and 00:47:857 which are either mapped as slidertails or not mapped at all. The following combos don't make much more sense to me either. I'd offer suggestions on how to improve it, but honestly I don't know what you where trying to go for, so please try to make that more clear in your mapping. Additionally, the hitsounding is extremely lacking again, as for example 00:47:024 (2,3) doesn't have any hitsound at all. 00:48:190 - > 00:47:357 - 00:47:690 -
- 01:11:690 (2) - What's this slider following? So far, this section seems like you're trying to follow vocals, but the vocals have a break during the reverse of 01:10:024 (1) but start again at 01:11:190 which is also imo a much stronger note than any of the following notes, so why is there a big gap around that new vocal line, the next object (2) only emphasizing the middle of that line? i do not intend to use such snap as 3/2 or other weird snap in this difficulty (as active object)
- 01:13:024 (1) - The tail of the previous slider and this slider go against natural beat priority without any apparent reason - At 01:12:690 there is that strong downbeat that starts a new rhythm, but you're only starting to suddenly emphasize that rhythm with the sliderhead and new combo at 01:13:024 which is offbeat (see this for some musical background (it's not the best but should give you a quick overview on what beats are naturally more important when all beats have the same sounds on them)). ^
- 01:14:024 (3) - Right after you've started to follow that bass-kick-bass-kick-rhythm you're ignoring all the beats between head and tail of this slider, why? The vocals only start at 01:13:357 -(which you didn't emphasize) and get more dense after that, but your map gets less dense bc of that slider, so it's again not recognizable what you're trying to follow here. Here's a small suggestion of how to fix this and the previous point changed in another way
I'll stop here for this diff, the Kiai doesn't seem to have such big problems anymore anyways. In general, this difficulty struggles with following elements of the song in a recognizable and consistent way, and the hitsounding is mostly lacking and sometimes emphasizing beats that are neglected in the beat-placement.
Tracks created by composers belonging to doujin circles should list the circle's name as the main composer. The sole exception to this is when a composer of a given circle is well-known enough by their own name. In this case, their own composer name may be used instead.They are more known as Powerless feat. kakichoco though, which is also the given album artist of the album the song is from
Changing the artist name to "Powerless feat. kakichoco" thenTracks created by composers belonging to doujin circles should list the circle's name as the main composer. The sole exception to this is when a composer of a given circle is well-known enough by their own name. In this case, their own composer name may be used instead.They are more known as Powerless feat. kakichoco though, which is also the given album artist of the album the song is from
Other examples include their subsequent album, which they have no mention of Kakiless on the album, aside from the initials of the code KKLS-002
Circle names are sometimes not relevant to the songs or albums they make, at times they just use it to be under a certain name as they booth/sell at events, not as the album artist for their songs.
Like how YM sells/booths under ネネバネバネマレ団, 柊南（ひいな）under ひなころ, Φ串Φ under 941project, *菜乃 under なのみん*まーと, 96Neko under 96ねこじゃらし, Kano under ばんび～の, ayaponzu under ぽんず屋＊, sana under ぷりっくす, Hiiragi Yuka under ゆかりす出張所, きくお under Kikuo Sound Works, etc.
- 00:06:690 (10) - What's that hitsound which was previously used for the downbeat emphasizing here? And why are this and 00:07:024 (11) even circles/mapped? You seemed to focus on vocals very well so far, but here you're cutting 00:06:357 (9) to 1/2 just to map two circles that don't fit into your beat-structure at all so 00:07:024 (11) - this is actually a piano sound that's why i mapped it, and to avoid the weird break in the rhythm. and 00:06:690 (10) - this is emphasized with a drum sampleset because it's a strong piano sound, it's nice to have hitsound alternative.
- 00:11:357 (11) - This circle seems lost without the usual hitsound added a drum sampleset sorry
- 00:12:690 (4,6) - This is a weird mix-up of identical objects and hitsounding even though the tails should have different emphasis since you're following vocals i don't want this 00:12:690 (4) - to be so dense in the slow part, so rhythm makes sense to me
- 00:14:024 (1) - Holla what's this NC doing here fixed
- 00:24:690 (1,4) - 00:27:357 (1,4) - 00:30:024 (1,4) - 00:32:690 (1,5) - etc. What is hitsounding-consistency Fixed
- Not a problem per se but I feel like using Normal-hitnormals as kicks at 00:25:190 - 00:26:357 - etc doesn't really work well bc those hitnormals sound like snares to me too in relation to everything else, so since the song itself already has a not-so-common pattern of kick/snare this makes it even less clear for me imo normal sampleset fits.
- 00:47:357 (5,6,7,8,9,10) - 00:49:857 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - 00:55:024 (4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,1,2) - I have a huge issue with all of those spots bc you're mixing vocals and drums together into convoluted circle-chains even though you're not emphasizing the drums at all outside of those circle-chains and rather focusing on vocals like always before. If you really want to emphasize the drums there all of a sudden, I'd advise to throw in one or two sliders whose tails land on beats where there are no drums to make that emphasize clear, otherwise it just seems like a jump-spam that doesn't follow anything in particular bc it tries to follow everything at the same time.
Especially applies to spots/notes like 01:22:690 (1,2,1,2) where those two combos are the exact same pattern while they're mapped to completely different things that don't even have the same intensity, in this case 01:22:857 (2) is the note that completely destroys the meaning of any other notes by being emphasizing just as much, which could easily be avoided by making it a slidertail or whatever prefer to keep my pattern i want whole emphasis here on vocal+drums.
- 00:54:357 - hitsound helo fix
also 01:29:024 - fix
osu file format v14
Artist:Powerless feat. kakichoco
ArtistUnicode:Powerless feat. kakichoco
Tags:kakiless 柿チョコ 無力P MuryokuP Comiket Odyssey Utaite worminators linada yaleufeu celerih realazy psionic naotoshi sotarks kin
//Background and Video events
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
Combo1 : 58,58,39
Combo2 : 255,255,128
Combo3 : 142,123,83
Combo4 : 192,192,192
SliderBorder : 255,255,255
SliderTrackOverride : 0,0,0
- 00:28:024 - 00:31:690 - Why are you making beats like these land on slidertails? You're emphasizing them by making them clickable most of the time, but here they get no emphasis at all, at the first spot they get ingored even more by 00:27:857 (2) flowing nicely into 00:28:357 (1) which makes that tail completely irrelevant in gameplay and basically makes the player have an awkwardly slow 3/2-gap where the flow continues but the distance is so low that they have to slow down during that strong beat.
i kinda disagree with slidertails not giving any emphasis, plus 1/1 gaps + next object being stacked fit really well for thoses parts, though i fixed 00:27:857 (2) - because actually you're kinda right, if next object isn't stacked to sliderend movement is kinda killed and gives no emphasis at all
also fixed the nc 01:19:190 (4) -
prefer to keep my pattern i want whole emphasis here on vocal+drums.My entire point was that emphasizing both at the same time doesn't work well when it ends up in circle-spam - Emphasizing everything emphasizes nothing (pretty basic stuff), in this case because you emphasize 01:22:857 (2) so much, 01:23:024 (1,2) barely stands out at all anymore as there is almost no contrast to the previous pattern, which applies to all of those circle-chains. There aren't any notes that aren't emphasized, which makes everything less emphasized in relation to that.
edit: oh hi lolI had 3 BN checks in total on this set and I had quite alot of mods on every other diff than the Easy. Your mod on higher diffs were mostly focused on hitsounding and everything has been fixed now.
That's quite out of context but yeah, most the major concerns I've had are now much better, though I still feel like a bit more thorough modding could help this mapset, so maybe consider getting one or two more good mods. If the nominating BNs could thoroughly check everything again and also reconsider the points I've raised that haven't been changed themselves, that might help too.