forum

how du i gte gud at osew jumpz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Horrifying
i succ at dem and i need dat PEE PEE
johnmedina999
I agree, jumpstreams can be quite a challenge for people like you and me.
Rwyta
Play more fgt.
DJ Enetro

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Play more fgt.
You've gone too far, see you're being mean to Newposters already

This could be better discussed in G&R imo

But to humor you listen to the music and try and exert much force over a small distance
And ofc, practice, which is hidden by the term "play more" used by many people who have high expectations of forum etiquette.
Zekks

DJ Enetro wrote:

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Play more fgt.
cough
DJ Enetro
Everything was fine until he appended "fgt" at the end
Also he could be a bit more descriptive in technique
Rwyta

DJ Enetro wrote:

Everything was fine until he appended "fgt" at the end
Also he could be a bit more descriptive in technique

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that this was a joke thread due to it being strongly suggested that OP doesn't seem to be serious at all in my perspective.

I will try to stay away from using the derogatory term for a homosexual next time.
DJ Enetro
Hey Anchor...

Zekks

DJ Enetro wrote:

Hey Anchor...

maybe you should sit down, since you did take what anchor said seriously
Naimae

BSM wrote:

I am not very proficient in the act of rapidly shifting my cursor from one side of the screen to the other to hit individual circles in patterns that are commonly called "jumps", which require speed, accuracy, and control to be able to execute effectively. I am asking this question because I am in great need of Performance Points, commonly referred to as just "pp" which, in the osu! ranking system, determine a player's rank and I would like my rank to rise.
Just reading this, it's really obvious to tell that you're already playing for the wrong reasons. Take a moment to figure out what part of what you said let me figure that out.

It's the part where you said you wanted to do it because of pp.

Mindsets like this will get you nowhere and even if it does you will never be satisfied because there will always be someone better than you. This is the problem with comparing yourself with other people. The obvious solution is to just not compare your own performance to the performance of others, but that's much harder said that done because everyone wants to be the "next Cookiezi".

You will never be Cookiezi. But you may become better than him, or you may not become better than him, depending on the amount of determination you have and how much hard work you're willing to put into the game. But we're not worried about how much better or worse than someone you will become, you should be focused on your own improvement. Compare you now to yourself previously and be proud of your own improvements instead of shooting yourself down because you're "still not 100k" or "still not 50k". That train never ends.

Now for jumps specifically, the obvious answer is to just play a bunch of jump maps, but the trick is to find maps that are mildly challenging for you to play. There are a few threads lying around in the forums that have a bunch of maps that challenge how well you can jump (use the search function), and there's also a Google document that has a whole bunch of jumps and what kind of jumps, etc. I'm not going to spoonfeed you this. This is also a determination test.

Another important thing is finding the region/sensitivity/dpi you're comfortable with. If for any reason, your cursor movement feels even slightly unnatural, you need to look into fixing it. Moving your mouse/pen and moving your cursor should feel completely in sync. Feeling this kind of thing out takes a looooooot of time and you will become frustrated and you will hate shitmissing because your sens isn't right.
However, you do need to balance this with consistency - it's not a good idea to keep playing with changing settings all the time, as this will fuck up your muscle memory and consistency. But once you find your sweet spot, it will be a breeze.
kai99

DJ Enetro wrote:

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Play more fgt.

This could be better discussed in G&R imo

But to humor you listen to the music and try and exert much force over a small distance
And ofc, practice, which is hidden by the term "play more" used by many people who have high expectations of forum etiquette.
fgt
DJ Enetro
Thank you Citremi.

Also kai, you tried
KupcaH
fgts
-Makishima S-
CLICK
THE
CIRCLE
/
/