forum

Search the word exactly

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Sure
EDIT : Larto's post
viewtopic.php?p=1040446#p1040446

Larto's suggestion will be helpful, so I shift the request from mine to Larto's one.

Search map by user number(The request before shiftting)
Some mappers can't search their own maps by their name.

For example, we can't search S i R i R u and S o r d a's maps.
Because every alphabet of their name has been spaced.
Other example, it isn't correct that result of search Card N'FoRcE.

Every user have their own number. In my case, it's 70730.
In fact, we can find their maps in their profile.
However it is not everything of their map, bcuz some of them made guest diffs.
If we can search them by user number, we add their user number into tags. Then it will work well.

EDIT : edited preposition
NatsumeRin
support.
i guess S i R i R u (and his fans) must be bothered for long....
Sakura
Or we could add an online tag with underscores, although i dont see why not, i'll wait and see how this discussion continues first
Topic Starter
Sure

Sakura Hana wrote:

Or we could add an online tag with underscores
It doesn't work correctly due to underscore is element of user name.
Wishy
Or as I requested ages ago, just add something like "Guest Diffs" below Ranked Beatmaps at User's Profile and problem solved.
Raging Bull
Well usually some people would add "siriru" or "sorda" instead of "S_i_R_i_R_u" or "S_o_r_d_a" for simplicity's sake.
Or Bakaru
Shiirn
Alternatively, the people with retarded spammy spaces in their name can suffer.
Shohei Ohtani
The only thing is that it's much more inconvenient for someone to find out someone's user number and search like that.

Especially because they'll move to the profile when they're finding it. At that point, you can just look at all of their maps there. Unless you want the prettyful pictures.
Sakura
"If we can seach their number, we add their user number to tags"

You know that you can search for a map for whatever it's on the tags?, so if u already add the number you can search by that.

This request is looking more and more pointless to me ._.
Topic Starter
Sure
@Sakura Hana
Then show me your beatmap listing with link. Like this. http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=ykcarrot
You can't. Because you have a space in your name.
Otherwise, search engine should be improved. But I think it's harder than this request.
Larto

Shiirn wrote:

You're a sympathetic one.

Anyways, I wonder if it just would be possible to enhance the searching system so you can search for stuff within quotation marks? Like on google, I mean. Then you could search for the exact word "s i r i r u" or so. I doubt anyone at all will like to search by user number.
Sakura
Or we could add online tags to their beatmaps, too, although Larto's idea sounds good as well, way better than searching for numbers that one can barely memorize ._.
Topic Starter
Sure

Larto wrote:

I wonder if it just would be possible to enhance the searching system so you can search for stuff within quotation marks? Like on google, I mean. Then you could search for the exact word "s i r i r u" or so.
That is what I want ultimately.
dNextGen

Shiirn wrote:

i lold
ziin

ykcarrot wrote:

@Sakura Hana
Then show me your beatmap listing with link. Like this. http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=ykcarrot
You can't. Because you have a space in your name.
Otherwise, search engine should be improved. But I think it's harder than this request.
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?&q="sakura+hana"

But seriously who cares about people with crappy names? I certainly don't.
Topic Starter
Sure
Deny this such a silly request please.
Larto's one makes sense.
Sakura
I dont see a problem with shifting the discussion on this thread to Larto's suggestion instead?
Topic Starter
Sure

Sakura Hana wrote:

I dont see a problem with shifting the discussion on this thread to Larto's suggestion instead?
All right then.
Fixed first post.
dvorak_old
Sadly, this isn't easy at code level

No need to close but don't expect...
natsukashi
Yo I'm just gonna necro this thread from 3 years ago because I was told to bump it.

I understand/was told that the google custom search has this functionality, however, the page for those results are very messy and doesn't include additional modifiers to narrow down searches. It would be more user friendly if we could search for exact matches in the beatmap listing.