forum

Toonami - General Discussion (It's backl!!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Do y'all remember Toonami?

It's been 3 years we missed this block on Cartoon Network US.
JulyXC
Damn, i loved Toonami, used to watch gundam and tenchi on it^^
mathexpert
I remember I used to stay up until midnight just to watch gundam, too bad it stopped. :(
Vext_old
I still remember having to go to bed at 9 and setting my alarm for midnight so I could wake up and watch outlaw star after everyone went to sleep. Ahhh good times.
winber1
<3
AzureKikinak

Vext wrote:

I still remember having to go to bed at 9 and setting my alarm for midnight so I could wake up and watch outlaw star after everyone went to sleep. Ahhh good times.
I <3 U

Outlaw star and .hack//SIGN ^_^. I also really liked the game reviews they would do on toonami, along with showing fan art of the shows.
Didn't the original "host" of toonami, the original Tom, get killed by a virus or something?
Vext_old

AzureKikinak wrote:

Vext wrote:

I <3 U

Outlaw star and .hack//SIGN ^_^. I also really liked the game reviews they would do on toonami, along with showing fan art of the shows.
Didn't the original "host" of toonami, the original Tom, get killed by a virus or something?
I remember when they had the redesign, that was pretty badass now that that I look back at it, there was a whole storyline going on with why the style of it changed, pretty cool.

Also reminds me now of when they had a night marathon of animated music videos like gorillaz and daft punk, that was awesome.
Hiryuu_old
Many years ago over here..Toonami was the bestest thing going on in CN. Gundam was pretty wicked to see, along with that they showed Batman, Batman beyond..DBZ...Justice League...Johnny Quest those were one of the things that were really awesome to see. There was something else but i can't really recall..after Toonami left, things started going downhill over here, more shitty stuff was started to be shown like juniper lee, robot boy and shit like that. Nowadays CN in my opinion is completely dead, nothing nice is aired there anymore only some ridiculous and horribly made stuff..
Rantai
The only good thing I remember from CN back then was Samurai Jack.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

mathexpert9981 wrote:

I remember I used to stay up until midnight just to watch gundam, too bad it stopped. :(
Well I remember doing the same just the way to catch another episode of Dragon Ball, just to find out what happens next.

They never finish Gundam because of 9/11..

Vext wrote:

I did stay up late for this... Those anime late night were AWESOME!!!
Firo Prochainezo

Rantai wrote:

The only good thing I remember from CN back then was Samurai Jack.
Pretty much this, and few other cartoons as well.
Hika
Back when Naruto was amazing, I was all over Toonami.
Also, I fucking loved Prince of Tennis & Teen Titans. I can totally agree that CN went downhill after they canceled that.
Mismagius
Toonami was good stuff here.

Like, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, YuYu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin or whatever that anime is called...

Yay, now it's Ben 10, Adventure Time, Generator Rex, and real fun stuff! :DD:D:D:D:D:D
Vext_old

Hika wrote:

Back when Naruto was amazing
You're so silly, Naruto was never amazing.
Firo Prochainezo
Back when Naruto was amazing
Tenshi
Nostalgia. <3

Hika wrote:

Back when Naruto was the thing, I was all over Toonami.
BELIEVE IT! Fixed.

Hika wrote:

Also, I fucking loved Prince of Tennis & Teen Titans.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Randy96
Bang.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Guess what everyone in the USA, we got pranked by [adult swim] original anime line up and they got our shows back!!!!

Did you see it Americans??????????????
Hiza-chan
I remember watching Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z and some G Gundam. I couldn't remember what channel I watched on but I just looked it up and saw that they use to be on Toonami. Ahh those were the good ole times.
show more