forum

Hi, my name is Zelmarked, and I like hard games like Osu!.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zelmarked
[Removed on request]
dj M2fiesta
Um...o3o. *runs away from your epic avatar.*

Anyways, welcome to osu and great intro...=P
Backfire
osu!'s Difficulty is relative.

It depends on the maps you play.

Anyways, welcome.
EpicFailure
You sure have a lot of Internets don't you?

Hards/Insanes should be a breeze for you soon. :3
and... Welcome!
Sakura
Welcome to osu!, Hope you enjoy your stay ^_^ and dont worry you'll improve with time and practice
Vext_old
Yeah, the jump from hard to insane is really drastic. Welcome.
Firo Prochainezo
HARD GAY!
Slip
As far as i'm concerned anything with mods is tough,dont remember the memories slip. :cry: Anyways...Welcome and enjoy your stay...I think.
Topic Starter
Zelmarked
I find adding the hard rock and sudden death not a problem at all. The first one you just learn the positions of the new notes and sudden death is easily accomplished as if you are trying to perfect a normal song, missing notes is already past you.
The other ones though...lol. Flashlight and hidden seem heavily focused on memorization. And zoom of course...

One thing I don't like is the divided community. Everyone's striving to do a the hard beat maps and from seeing YT vids where people film the arms as well, they use a tab. I've also seen the user desktop thread where many use tabs as well. And for either mouse user or tab user, this creates a lose/win - lose/win problem. Some of the community knows the difference others don't. If I buy a tab and start using it, I will get harder maps completed which will make those who don't know impressed but those who know will call me a tab noob or otherwise imply inferiority("Did you use a mouse?"). If I stay at a mouse those who know will give props but those who don't know won't appreciate the use of a mouse. Perhaps I'm overstating the advantage of a tab? Just seems like players competing on 2 different control levels getting thrown into one score system/competition is a bad idea like:

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

Just saying this because my aspiration to get better is dimmed because I'm obligated to buy a new peripheral if I want to see even better results. Last time I felt obligated to by a controller was a joystick for BF2 to fly jets. Money is not the problem it's the win/lose as stated above.
Haseo_old
Welcome to osu!. Enjoy your stay.
Ephemeral

Zelmarked wrote:

Yea I've spanned the Combat Arms, BC2, and now BF3 forums collecting them.

I find adding the hard rock and sudden death not a problem at all. The first one you just learn the positions of the new notes and sudden death is easily accomplished as if you are trying to perfect a normal song, missing notes is already past you.
The other ones though...lol. Flashlight and hidden seem heavily focused on memorization. And zoom of course...

One thing I don't like is the divided community. Everyone's striving to do a the hard beat maps and from seeing YT vids where people film the arms as well, they use a tab. I've also seen the user desktop thread where many use tabs as well. And for either mouse user or tab user, this creates a lose/win - lose/win problem. Some of the community knows the difference others don't. If I buy a tab and start using it, I will get harder maps completed which will make those who don't know impressed but those who know will call me a tab noob or otherwise imply inferiority("Did you use a mouse?"). If I stay at a mouse those who know will give props but those who don't know won't appreciate the use of a mouse. Perhaps I'm overstating the advantage of a tab? Just seems like players competing on 2 different control levels getting thrown into one score system/competition is a bad idea like:

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

Just saying this because my aspiration to get better is dimmed because I'm obligated to buy a new peripheral if I want to see even better results. Last time I felt obligated to by a controller was a joystick for BF2 to fly jets. Money is not the problem it's the win/lose as stated above.
i believe the majority of the #100+ players are all mouse players.

i think about 3-5% of people actually play osu! on a tablet. i had one for a while and it was pretty fun, but it doesn't really give you any huge bonuses at all. i also think you should probably not care about what people think. play what is fun and what works for you - if you are here to play for prestige, you're going to spend years catching up with the big names, so you might as well just take your time.

anyway, enjoy your stay and try not to read into things too much. this game is simple: click buttons, get score, repeat until satisfied.
Sander-Don

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

HARD GAY!
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nactra
if you use a good mousepad (i'd recommand razer goliathus) you should not be limited by your material.
the mouse itself doesn't matter as long as:
-you're at ease with it (you might want to play with sensitivty settings a lot until you are,and don't forget to disable any kind of "mouse precision"or "mouse acceleration" )
-it doesn't make teleports glitches or freeze (mousepad helps lasers)

anyways, in the higher levels, the skill thresholds are mostly determined by up to which bpm and approach rate you can play flawlessly. your left hand on keyboard and your sightreading skills are the issues. moving cursor really comes naturally.(and tablet makes no difference when it's a matter of reaction speed)
Hika
You have a lot of internets.
Firo Prochainezo

Sander-Don wrote:

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

HARD GAY!
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Vext_old

This thread is now Hard Gay.
Sleep Powder
I'll take a lap dance from him please.