community forum

Camellia - Light it up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Opsi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 11:59:55 PM

Artist: Camellia
Title: Light it up
Tags: Cametek Crystallized Dubstep Drum and Bass dnb Wubstep Artcore Melodic Marathon Technical Fast Sliders
BPM: 175
Filesize: 10282kb
Play Time: 06:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. Brilliance (6.37 stars, 1861 notes)

Download: Camellia - Light it up
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

: Halfslashed
: Hobbes2

Thanks to:
  1. Nao, Lumael, Bergy, Cele, Mir, Neil, Vaarka, Xilver, Halfy, and Hobbes for modding
  2. Probox for combo colors and two lessons
  3. All the top players who took the time to test this for a noname mapper
  4. osu! Mentorship Program community for giving me (in good and bad ways) the motivation for me to map this

And finally you, whether player or mapper, for downloading this. Hope you enjoy.

Vaarka
Terrible map, horrible spacing

fix it

kds pls
Topic Starter
Opsi
Police get this little man off my property
Nao Tomori
kiai
Topic Starter
Opsi

Naotoshi wrote:

kiai
intro
Lumael
hello, from my queue~

[General]
  1. n/a

[Brilliance]
  1. 00:19:482 (2,1) - I quite don't understand this gap, it has the same sound as 00:19:825 (1,2,3) - but you left it unmapped which I don't think was a good choice, it is awkward during the gameplay cause you have to figure out while playing that there is a awkward pause and them the circles begin following a rhythm that has started way before.
  2. 00:25:482 (1) - slowing SV here don't make too much sense, it could be better if the slider shape was a bit disturbed like the sound, but if you aim for consistency, I think you should increase the SV above the standard for this section just like you did here 00:28:054 (1,2) - . Here as well 05:21:711 (1) -
  3. 00:53:254 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I think there should be a limit of overlapping sliders you can put in a row, not that this is confusing (I think that players that are able to play this kind of difficulty will hardly every be caught by this) however, I think you should stack only two at the same time, or making a slighly placement change, like this: https://i.imgur.com/EEGapkL.png
  4. 01:11:425 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - So, I get the 1,2 comboing here, but the spacing transition is very awkward, because this distance 01:11:597 (2,1) - is very large and justify the NC, but this one 01:11:940 (2,1) - looks more like a distanced-snapped pattern and it looks really weird with the NC. 01:11:768 (1,2) - Why don't you just Control-G these so it makes the transtition a lot better?
  5. 01:38:854 - I wish you had mapped the stream sound
  6. 02:11:340 (4,1) - super nazi i know but please make them parallel my eyes are hurting :o
  7. 04:57:882 (3,4,5) - These sliders (and more after) starting on the upbeat sound really weird, the song doesn't support them quite well as if they were on the downbeat
  8. 05:27:025 (2) - This slider is really hard to follow, it doesn't start on anything solid, 05:27:025 (2,3) - Control G would make them better
  9. 05:43:140 (1,1,2,3) - Same mentioned earlier (and there are a couple more)

I really like the map, I doubt you'll have much trouble ranking it, it's very polished and well-built. GL~
Topic Starter
Opsi

Lumael wrote:

hello, from my queue~

[General]
  1. n/a

[Brilliance]
  1. 00:19:482 (2,1) - I quite don't understand this gap, it has the same sound as 00:19:825 (1,2,3) - but you left it unmapped which I don't think was a good choice, it is awkward during the gameplay cause you have to figure out while playing that there is a awkward pause and them the circles begin following a rhythm that has started way before.

left it as a circle to show it was the final part of the section, but you're right that it's inconsistent, changed it to a slider like the other ones
  2. 00:25:482 (1) - slowing SV here don't make too much sense, it could be better if the slider shape was a bit disturbed like the sound, but if you aim for consistency, I think you should increase the SV above the standard for this section just like you did here 00:28:054 (1,2) - . Here as well 05:21:711 (1) -

think the sound warrants a low SV change compared to the others, but I'll decrease it and distort the slider further to show that properly
  3. 00:53:254 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I think there should be a limit of overlapping sliders you can put in a row, not that this is confusing (I think that players that are able to play this kind of difficulty will hardly every be caught by this) however, I think you should stack only two at the same time, or making a slighly placement change, like this: https://i.imgur.com/EEGapkL.png

eh, I think it's okay since the song doesn't change at all here and the patterns before were based on overlapping as well, so it's a good way to reflect the song and should be readable based on similar prior rhythm
  4. 01:11:425 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - So, I get the 1,2 comboing here, but the spacing transition is very awkward, because this distance 01:11:597 (2,1) - is very large and justify the NC, but this one 01:11:940 (2,1) - looks more like a distanced-snapped pattern and it looks really weird with the NC. 01:11:768 (1,2) - Why don't you just Control-G these so it makes the transtition a lot better?

wanted edgy wide angle movement lol but you're right that motion is unequal so fixed
  5. 01:38:854 - I wish you had mapped the stream sound

can kind of hear it but it's nowhere near as the vocals it's currently mapped to
  6. 02:11:340 (4,1) - super nazi i know but please make them parallel my eyes are hurting :o

fixed rotated by 1 degree lmao
  7. 04:57:882 (3,4,5) - These sliders (and more after) starting on the upbeat sound really weird, the song doesn't support them quite well as if they were on the downbeat

eh, I think it's okay since the synth pulses on each sliderhead so the rhythm, and similar to following offbeat sliders like 05:00:625 (3,4) -
    and 05:01:997 (3,4) -

8. 05:27:025 (2) - This slider is really hard to follow, it doesn't start on anything solid, 05:27:025 (2,3) - Control G would make them better

agreed, but moved it down to 05:27:025 (2) - instead
  9. 05:43:140 (1,1,2,3) - Same mentioned earlier (and there are a couple more)

fixed up the pattern a bit so 05:43:140 (1,1) - overlap, but think there shouldn't be a slider this time since there's no background synth unlike the intro

I really like the map, I doubt you'll have much trouble ranking it, it's very polished and well-built. GL~
Thanks a bunch for the mod!
show more