1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Pending Beatmaps
show more
posted
did i just
posted
o yes
posted
wew lad
posted
mazare party rings in my ears at night please help
posted

booty wrote:

mazare party rings in my ears at night please help
posted

booty wrote:

mazare party rings in my ears at night please help


how do you think I feel
posted
OOOOOOOOOOOOO this is good
posted
last minute mod including some issues i think definitely need to be fixed before this is ranked

Ash's 4k Extra
missing note at 00:32:676 in column 3 and 00:32:751 in column 4 - looks like a mistake when mirroring/replicating pattern for this section
00:37:476 - same mistake from pasting and mirroring

00:54:276 - i think the first jumptrill should be normal and then the subsequent ones should change each time to different split patterns because it's more interesting to look at/play and you haven't been afraid to use longer split jumptrills already
^ also applies to 02:24:276

01:10:926 - the end of this jumptrill is not consistent with the others in the map. I like this one better because the last jump is on the "thud" of the drum and then there is a small stop so i'd prefer if all the jumptrills had the single note into hand removed (and mirroring the hand to match this one would be nice too if it doesn't mess up patterns right after)
^ affects 00:06:126, 02:40:926 and 03:21:726, but not 00:14:526

01:32:376 - I like these little bursts and how they go with that quiet buzzing kinda noise but i'd advise against them being here because the sound is very quiet compared to the rest of the music and this draws attention to it. the sound also actually starts at around 01:32:076 where there are no notes accompanying it, and just becomes noticable when the sound mapped to the long note in column 4 cuts out. see also: 01:39:876
^ also applies to 00:17:976 and 03:43:176

01:34:776 - what about putting 3 long notes here instead of 1, on 1/3 snap to match that little rolling sound like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10689756

01:35:976 - i think this note could benefit from being a long note as the sound it's mapped to is sort of drawn out and is the only thing happening in the music for a brief moment

01:49:176 - this is very annoying to play, but also i think the sound exactly at 01:49:176 is no longer a drum beat and so a jump is not justified there. therefore, something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10689914 will fit the music better (i know this means the long notes need to be moved which could mess stuff up but i think this is more important)

02:03:876 - i think this jumptrill is unjustified, especially compared to the one right after it which is mapped to a clear drum buildup

03:17:076 - osu.ppy.sh/ss/10689990 i think this section should look like this because it was following very faint sounds when it could follow vocals which are more apparent to players. when i played this section the rhythm felt like it came out of nowhere until i played it back a few times.

03:51:277 - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10689858 i think the end should look like this because there are only notes to distinct sounds (the ln in column 1 starts earlier on another distinct sound)


if anything is unclear or you want me to elaborate you know where to find me o/
posted

Percyqaz wrote:

last minute mod including some issues i think definitely need to be fixed before this is ranked

Ash's 4k Extra
missing note at 00:32:676 in column 3 and 00:32:751 in column 4 - looks like a mistake when mirroring/replicating pattern for this section
00:37:476 - same mistake from pasting and mirroring col 4 yes, col 3 no, since no cymbal crash is present (wonder how they ended up being so similar cus I don't copypaste stuff :thinking:)

00:54:276 - i think the first jumptrill should be normal and then the subsequent ones should change each time to different split patterns because it's more interesting to look at/play and you haven't been afraid to use longer split jumptrills already Fair point, though I think it was more of a personal preference to keep the jumps one handed here to give the chords like 00:54:876 a bit more emphasis.
^ also applies to 02:24:276

01:10:926 - the end of this jumptrill is not consistent with the others in the map. I like this one better because the last jump is on the "thud" of the drum and then there is a small stop so i'd prefer if all the jumptrills had the single note into hand removed (and mirroring the hand to match this one would be nice too if it doesn't mess up patterns right after) Was kinda deliberating on this for a while myself, guess I ended up not actually making a decision lol
^ affects 00:06:126, 02:40:926 and 03:21:726, but not 00:14:526

01:32:376 - I like these little bursts and how they go with that quiet buzzing kinda noise but i'd advise against them being here because the sound is very quiet compared to the rest of the music and this draws attention to it. the sound also actually starts at around 01:32:076 where there are no notes accompanying it, and just becomes noticable when the sound mapped to the long note in column 4 cuts out. see also: 01:39:876 The general idea was to bring it forward a little when it was unsupported for variety, essentially. You're not wrong and I do see your point; I'd prefer to keep it as it is though.
^ also applies to 00:17:976 and 03:43:176

01:34:776 - what about putting 3 long notes here instead of 1, on 1/3 snap to match that little rolling sound like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10689756 I have given this thought before, though for technical accuracy it would need to be a 1/4 roll, which I found extremely difficult to implement well, hence why I ended up (sadly) leaving this out.

01:35:976 - i think this note could benefit from being a long note as the sound it's mapped to is sort of drawn out and is the only thing happening in the music for a brief moment Fair point, though I feel the space for the echo works equally well here since it's not as drawn out as the gong is a measure later.

01:49:176 - this is very annoying to play, but also i think the sound exactly at 01:49:176 is no longer a drum beat and so a jump is not justified there. therefore, something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10689914 will fit the music better (i know this means the long notes need to be moved which could mess stuff up but i think this is more important) Totally see where you're coming from, but at the same time I feel that the suggestion would be counterintuitive to a buildup like this, hence why there is a jump in the middle. Annoying, yes, but not overly difficult for a something like this.

02:03:876 - i think this jumptrill is unjustified, especially compared to the one right after it which is mapped to a clear drum buildup Fair enough. Technically justified through the additional harp, but, yeah, probably shouldn't be emphasised as much as the percussion here.

03:17:076 - osu.ppy.sh/ss/10689990 i think this section should look like this because it was following very faint sounds when it could follow vocals which are more apparent to players. when i played this section the rhythm felt like it came out of nowhere until i played it back a few times. More of a personal preference not to follow vocals here, that's about all there is to this one.

03:51:277 - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10689858 i think the end should look like this because there are only notes to distinct sounds (the ln in column 1 starts earlier on another distinct sound) Feels a little odd to abruptly stop the roll here imo. There are still distinct sounds the notes are mapped to, albeit a little quieter. Personally, I think it's fine as is. (though I did miss that note at the start for some reason. p sure I put that there lol)


if anything is unclear or you want me to elaborate you know where to find me o/
Cheers for coming to check o/

insp1r3 pls no delet random notes kthx
posted
re
posted
I've seen the map, looked through the thread and consulted it with various high level players (with some of them consulting inspire directly and then feedback passed onto me) and the chart looks good and has good opinion from said players while also having no major concerns from my side with noone else complaining since the last bubble, so I have no objections to just qualify it directly.

Qualified!
posted
!!!!!!!!!
posted
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted
http://exittunes.com/detail/qwce-90005.html

I think the metadata should be
MAZARE (kradness,ななひら,Yukacco) - Mazare Party

never trust std mapsets in regards to meta, even if they are ranked
I think "MAZARE" for artist is not enough
posted

_underjoy wrote:

http://exittunes.com/detail/qwce-90005.html

I think the metadata should be
MAZARE (kradness,ななひら,Yukacco) - Mazare Party

never trust std mapsets in regards to meta, even if they are ranked
I think "MAZARE" for artist is not enough
theres an official card in the metadata discord server that shows the current is correct http://prntscr.com/j56lx6

also grats on qualify !!
posted
I don't mean this to be a personal attack in any form, if you do feel so, I'll apologize and retract anything that might seem that way.

[6K Extra]

bottom line:
I don't like it, it feels very dry and patterns don't seem to have a lot of thought into it. This becomes very apparent in the denser sections, let me explain in a few points:

- Arbitrary
- Mapping too much
- Skipping Vocals
- Unclear of motives in certain patterns
- Why is this so long


I'll keep this short just so that I can create another post to elaborate if you want me to.

Arbitrary
A lot of patterns in the 6k extra feel random and arbitrary in placement, this happens a lot in the whole chart.

00:39:876 (39876|3,39876|1,39876|2,39876|4) - This part felt super dry and boring, while there is so much going on with the vocals. The patterns you did here don't even play that well

00:30:351 (30351|2,30651|4) - I don't get why you chose to link the triplets together with this note, you can easily just emphasize the triplets without them. I very much prefer if you removed these so as to create breaks.

00:33:576 (33576|1,33576|5,33576|4,33651|2,33726|0,33726|3,33876|4,33876|5,33876|1,33951|2,34026|3,34026|0) - why is this the same thing

01:44:676 (104676|3) - patterns here feel so arbitrary that the only thing that is justifying the increment in intensity within the song is just density rather than well-thought out pattern placements

(to elaborate if you want... )

Summary: I don't think you've looked through the patterns thoroughly

Mapping Too Much

The title might seem silly but let me explain.
I touched on the idea of "mapping too much" on the triplet mod above, where you lose the effect of emphasis if you decide to insert more layers, this is similar.

01:33:576 (93576|1,93626|2,93676|3,93726|1) - existent or not, i don't hear any 1/6, it feels more like an error rather than "correctly mapping" in a player's eyes
00:19:176 (19176|3,19226|4,19276|5) - ^

00:25:176 (25176|0,25176|2,25176|1,25251|4,25251|3,25251|5,25326|2,25326|1,25326|0) - do you really need a 3 note chord trill for this, there isn't even a prominent 1/4 beat here

00:56:676 (56676|3) - this part here is very tame, i don't get why you'd have to put in such a complex pattern here. The difficulty in general can be hard, but it doesn't meant it has to be hard all the time

(to elaborate if you want... )

Skipping Vocals

Opposite of mapping too much, you skip the vocals, which is a big feature in the song, why?

00:39:876 (39876|4) - you skipped the whole vocal verse here, now it is really just boring triplets. I would get it if there's no vocals, but there's vocals, so make use of them instead of just doing triplet patterns that visually look random.

00:47:226 (47226|5,47376|4) - you could have used 1/4 LN chords to make it so much more different, but you chose the triplet

Unclear of motives in certain patterns

01:01:026 (61026|2,61101|3,61176|2,61251|3,61326|2,61401|3,61476|2) - I don't get this pattern as a whole, i would understand 01:01:026 (61026|2,61101|3,61176|2) - this triplet since it's mapped to the percussion, but i don't hear anything after that.

01:02:976 (62976|5,63076|3,63176|4) - I understood this as mapping to the 1/3 string instrument but why was this 01:03:426 (63426|4) - inserted in between? I would much rather have the right hand do a 1/3 only, just make it clear that my right hand is playing that instrument only

01:07:776 (67776|2,67876|1,67976|0) - same here

01:20:976 (80976|4) - I think the biggest problem would be that this pattern (and a lot more) doesn't feel unique and special to the music itself, it could be easily made different by adding LNs on 6 and 1 to acknowledge the vocal.

01:30:426 (90426|3,90426|2,90726|3,90801|2) - i don't get this, it's so faint i don't even know why i'm playing it

01:12:426 (72426|0,72576|4,72726|1,72876|3,73176|2,73326|1) - what why are these here, felt like i was playing with the wrong mp3

(to elaborate if you want... )

Why is this so long

I don't get the length of this map, this could easily be 1/3 of the length and I wouldn't miss anything interesting. The map doesn't develop and it doesn't do the song justice.

The only part where I felt that the map was relevant to the music was when there wasn't any long 1/4 streams:

00:38:826 (38826|2,38826|3,38901|1,38901|4,38976|3,38976|2,39051|1,39051|4) - I like this a lot, i don't really like the 1/8 patterning but at least it's different

00:54:426 (54426|3,54426|4,54501|1,54501|2,54576|4,54576|3,54726|3,54726|40) - I like this, it's simple and gets to the point

01:50:676 (110676|1,110676|2,110826|0,110976|1,110976|2,111126|0,111276|1,111276|2,111426|0,111576|2,111576|1,111726|0) - I really like the integration of 1/2 poly with 1/4, I can feel the different in rhythm on both hands and I think it fits well with the music.

other than that I didn't enjoy anything else, it feels like a 4k jumpstream map expanded to 6k

edit: cut down the line length
posted

error_exe777 wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

http://exittunes.com/detail/qwce-90005.html

I think the metadata should be
MAZARE (kradness,ななひら,Yukacco) - Mazare Party

never trust std mapsets in regards to meta, even if they are ranked
I think "MAZARE" for artist is not enough
theres an official card in the metadata discord server that shows the current is correct http://prntscr.com/j56lx6

also grats on qualify !!
I'm not quite convinced since first link shows what I sent, and second says "kradness".
I don't want to be picky or whatever but I'd still use the () version of meta.
posted
why 'mazare' is still in tags when it already appears in both artist and song title :thinking:
posted

_underjoy wrote:

error_exe777 wrote:

theres an official card in the metadata discord server that shows the current is correct http://prntscr.com/j56lx6

also grats on qualify !!
I'm not quite convinced since first link shows what I sent, and second says "kradness".
I don't want to be picky or whatever but I'd still use the () version of meta.
Honestly, I think the metadata is fine as it is. If there are multiple sources that can be used to back it up, I'd prefer it stay the way it is. It also keeps the metadata across gamemodes consistent.

Edit: Since the name of the group of artists who made the song is known as "MAZARE", it would be kind of like saying that KASAI HARCORES should actually be KASAI HARCORES (DJ Genki, かめりあ & C-Show), which doesn't make much sense. Hopefully this somewhat helps solidify the metadata argument.
posted

Evening wrote:

Opposite of mapping too much, you skip the vocals, which is a big feature in the song, why?
show more
Please sign in to reply.